Page 968 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4688689189589649659669679689699709719729781018106814681968 ... LastLast
Results 14,506 to 14,520 of 36576

in Atlanta, heard sirens last night but nothing too close, well see how the drive to work goes

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, good morning everyone.

Anyone based on the following cities in the US?

New York
    Chicago
    Philadelphia
    Los Angeles
    Atlanta
    Portland

Are you staying safe? Do check in.
    My mom lives in Harrisburg, which is two hours from Philly. She said there was a violent protest in the downtown area, which is the way she goes to get home from work. I'm really dreading when she goes back to work tomorrow.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

So far NJ has been peaceful, for the most part.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post

I was not made aware that the series resumed this year. I am pleased by this development and remain vindicated in my belief that Cthulhu is bane to all as this episode proves.

Also, Berserker is still a glorious gift to the world and Saber remains best Waifu.
    Speaking of whom, Cthulhu will be playable in Smite.
    https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05...smite-in-june/
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Okay, good morning everyone.

Anyone based on the following cities in the US?

New York
    Chicago
    Philadelphia
    Los Angeles
    Atlanta
    Portland

Are you staying safe? Do check in.
    i'm in Houston. thankfully, our protests are relatively peaceful.

my companion Sara went to a protest and ate some tear gas but she's fine.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well....Looks like I'm fortunate the store I worked at isn't vandalized and most of the things in Austin is relegated to mostly downtown.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm in Houston. thankfully, our protests are relatively peaceful.

my companion Sara went to a protest and ate some tear gas but she's fine.
    Most of the riots started peacefully until the Police escalated them into violence through means like Tear gas.

Note the tear gas is literally banned in war fare. The police are literally committing war crimes on peaceful protesters.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

So, my WWE 2k19 custom universe is becoming something...Weird.

1. After weeks of trash talking and getting beaten up in fights he provoked, Geese Howard upsets everyone beating Super Mario for the world title in PPV, KO Opera, on his birt birthday.

2. Glass Joe is becoming the greatest heel in my show. Intercontinental champ everyone hates due to his trash talking and rage quitting mid match. He's gaining an enemy who happens to be Shaggy Rogers.

3. Tag division is forming up with Cage & Cage (Luke Cage and Luke Cage), Twin Snakes (Solid Snake and Venom Snake), OMG (Joseph Joestar and Nappa), and The Unlikely Pair (Frank Castle and...Lester from Lester the Unlikely).

...If it weren't for suddenly going back to work, I would have done so so much worse. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Most of the riots started peacefully until the Police escalated them into violence through means like Tear gas.

Note the tear gas is literally banned in war fare. The police are literally committing war crimes on peaceful protesters.
    i'm not even go that far to suggest that since I've known a lot of good cops who are just doing the best they can.

i also know some ignorant mofos who can and have used this stuff as a excuse to cause chaos.

i'm just glad that my city hasn't gotten that far yet.

Stay safe, all of you who are close to protests.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'm not even go that far to suggest that since I've known a lot of good cops who are just doing the best they can.

i also know some ignorant mofos who can and have used this stuff as a excuse to cause chaos.

i'm just glad that my city hasn't gotten that far yet.
    The problems with the police are systemic, not individual. Some people try to say that the system is broken, that what happened to George Floyd is an aeration. But the system isn't broken, it's working exactly as intended. The system was just programmed by a bastard

On an individual level, Cops can be broken down into 3 categories.

There's the bad cops, the ones who take advantage of the power afforded to the police in order to abuse people. The policing system is designed to empower this kind of cop.

There's the neutral cops, the ones who act fairly normally and don't tend to abuse there authority, but at the same time don't do anything to help reform the system. When people say "I know good cops" their usually talking about this type, and it's debate-able if they meet the definition of good, because while they don't do bad things, they empower others to do bad things.

Then there's the actually good cops. The ones who recognize the abuses inherent in the system and try to fix them. This is the top of cop most likely to be fired, demoted, or otherwise silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    The problems with the police are systemic, not individual. Some people try to say that the system is broken, that what happened to George Floyd is an aeration. But the system isn't broken, it's working exactly as intended. The system was just programmed by a bastard

On an individual level, Cops can be broken down into 3 categories.

There's the bad cops, the ones who take advantage of the power afforded to the police in order to abuse people. The policing system is designed to empower this kind of cop.

There's the neutral cops, the ones who act fairly normally and don't tend to abuse there authority, but at the same time don't do anything to help reform the system. When people say "I know good cops" their usually talking about this type, and it's debate-able if they meet the definition of good, because while they don't do bad things, they empower others to do bad things.

Then there's the actually good cops. The ones who recognize the abuses inherent in the system and try to fix them. This is the top of cop most likely to be fired, demoted, or otherwise silenced.
    i am well aware of this. i have been racial profiled by police before.

lol, tryna explain it to the wrong people, man.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan