Page 975 of 2454 FirstFirst ... 4758759259659719729739749759769779789799851025107514751975 ... LastLast
Results 14,611 to 14,625 of 36799

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    So I went for a hike on the weekend, with a couple of my hiking friends (and since none of us has really left our houses in a month, it was nice to get out and explore).

And I made a new friend.

Attachment 97303

He was very friendly. Worryingly so, he came right up to us and stood about two feet away from me. Apparently he lives in the environmental park (where we were walking) and he's quite famous for hanging out with mountain bikers and joining runners and hikers. He walked with us for a few hundred metres (it was so surreal. Three guys and their pet emu, going for a walk), before he just stepped off into the scrub. And, like, it was kind of terrifying (because they're big animals. The second-largest bird in the world), but it was also one of the most amazing things that's ever happened to me.
    You know? I don't think there's been an Emu Ranger yet. You know what must be done!

Real talk though, that's awesomely bizarre.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *slams head into a wall*

Hey everybody! Did you know that uru is actually moon rock!?

*more head slamming*

So mjolnier is totally made up of a piece of the moon!

*slams a hole in the wall*

So naturally that means that Moon Knight can controll mjolnier that same way Magneto would a hunk of metal, completely overriding all its mystical enhancements and Thor's own will!

*slamming stops due to exhaustion*

Yes, this is from a comic written by Jason Aaron, why do you ask?!
    Why do they keep having the guy who blatantly hates Thor write Thor? Do they hate the character and his fans THAT much?

This is why my primary source of comics is Erma and Order of the Stick. Better writing, more respectful to their characters, and the authors seem to actually like their fans and their product.

And despite putting his comic out for free, since I had the money I supported Brandon Santiago (author/artist of Erma) and his work by buying official merch from his site.
    Last edited by The Dog; 06-03-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    *slams head into a wall*

Hey everybody! Did you know that uru is actually moon rock!?

*more head slamming*

So mjolnier is totally made up of a piece of the moon!

*slams a hole in the wall*

So naturally that means that Moon Knight can controll mjolnier that same way Magneto would a hunk of metal, completely overriding all its mystical enhancements and Thor's own will!

*slamming stops due to exhaustion*

Yes, this is from a comic written by Jason Aaron, why do you ask?!

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

to continue with my warmahordes talk.......

in all the stories and source books, there has been hints that something was coming. some kind of event that no one could stop. only two characters in the lore seemed to want to prepare for this event.

the first is balder the stone cleaver. he's a member of the circle but was a good deal more decent and less involved in the messy backstabbing and politicing of the other druids. and he was generally seen as a nice guy.

the second is zevanna agha, the old witch of khador. her origins are shrouded in myths and legend. all we know about her is that she is very old and very powerful. probably one of the most powerful beings in immoren, if not all of caen.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Why do they keep having the guy who blatantly hates Thor write Thor? Do they hate the character and his fans THAT much?
    Because a ton of people love his Thor run? Just because it isn't popular in this part of the internet don't mean it's not popular at all.

Extraordinary Member

Also, it's kind of Disingenuous to say that "Moon Knight" is doing this and not "Moon Knight given new powers by Khonshu, in the location wherein he would be at his most powerful, and after stealing the powers of Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, and Dr. Strange."

Point being, Moon Knight had a serious amount of prep prior to doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Because a ton of people love his Thor run? Just because it isn't popular in this part of the internet don't mean it's not popular at all.
    Also, it's kind of Disingenuous to say that "Moon Knight" is doing this and not "Moon Knight given new powers by Khonshu, in the location wherein he would be at his most powerful, and after stealing the powers of Ghost Rider, Iron Fist, and Dr. Strange."

Point being, Moon Knight had a serious amount of prep prior to doing this.
    Point is, Jason Aaron is ignoring literal decades of continuity. To help put this into perspective because I'm pretty sure I know how you're going to respond here.

Imagine something you enjoy. Now imagine someone who doesn't care about the history or canon of the thing you enjoy being put in charge of steering the direction of the thing you enjoy. Now imagine this person ruining it.

Of course, odds are pretty good you're still going to respond to this predictably.

Call me Cthustradamus.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Point is, Jason Aaron is ignoring literal decades of continuity. To help put this into perspective because I'm pretty sure I know how you're going to respond here.

Imagine something you enjoy. Now imagine someone who doesn't care about the history or canon of the thing you enjoy being put in charge of steering the direction of the thing you enjoy. Now imagine this person ruining it.

Of course, odds are pretty good you're still going to respond to this predictably.

Call me Cthustradamus.
    YMMV on quality of Aaron's Thor run. Plenty of long time Thor fans love his run. I know of one guy who has an entire 13 episode podcast extoling the virtues of Walter Simonson's Thor run, and he never fails to recomend Aaron's run when people ask what Thor comics to read.

Now as to the Continuity, Mjolnir got reforged a little bit ago and the Worthiness rules changed. So I dunno how many actual enchantments are on the hammer now.

Considering how much prep Marc put in, being able to control Mjolnir isn't out of the realms of possibility.

Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    You know? I don't think there's been an Emu Ranger yet. You know what must be done!
    Power Rangers Outback Thunder Team.jpg

A friend of mine on Rangerboard drew this, years ago. Power Rangers Outback Thunder! I liked the idea so much I wrote them into my fanfic-verse, as a team of Indigenous Australian Rangers, protecting the Dream-time world.

Blue's a kookaburra, but one of their auxiliary Megazords has an emu zord.

Real talk though, that's awesomely bizarre.
    It was pretty wild. He was so tame, and so fearless. And you don't see emus much. Kangaroos are a dime a dozen, and you see a lot more kookaburras around than when I was a kid, but I didn't think we had emus this close to the coast, they usually live a lot further inland.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    i remember seeing this a few weeks ago. seem accurate to how a fight between these two would go.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

YMMV on quality of Aaron's Thor run.
    I primarily stick to big crossovers, so I read "War of the Realms" recently and enjoyed it, and I haven't minded Aaron's recent "Avengers" run, either.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeRangerPete View Post
    Power Rangers Outback Thunder Team.jpg

A friend of mine on Rangerboard drew this, years ago. Power Rangers Outback Thunder! I liked the idea so much I wrote them into my fanfic-verse, as a team of Indigenous Australian Rangers, protecting the Dream-time world.

Blue's a kookaburra, but one of their auxiliary Megazords has an emu zord.

It was pretty wild. He was so tame, and so fearless. And you don't see emus much. Kangaroos are a dime a dozen, and you see a lot more kookaburras around than when I was a kid, but I didn't think we had emus this close to the coast, they usually live a lot further inland.
    Cool stuff man!

I'm also getting the hilarious image of the occasional monster of the day getting punked by Australian wildlife before the Rangers get there though.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator