Page 978 of 2430 FirstFirst ... 4788789289689749759769779789799809819829881028107814781978 ... LastLast
Results 14,656 to 14,670 of 36448

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Nothing new with the gyms. Which is fine - I don't exercise in a gym, so.

Not getting a lot of practice with other people, though, which is hurting.
    Yeah I meant martial arts wise. Next week things move to phase 2 and I can get some real work done.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Ao No Exorcist: So, here we are. Rin vs Satan-Yukio. Thankfully, it looks like it'll be a much better fight than the anime version.
    I'm gonna assume that Yukio just started going evil in the anime or something like that.

I like how Rin just accidentally sends Yukio flying through a wall and various other large things with a single punch. I know he's done grander things but it's not often that his physical strength gets to shine.

This is going to be a dramatic confrontation. I appreciate that how both of them are deadset on getting their way. No hesitation for this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I'm gonna assume that Yukio just started going evil in the anime or something like that.
    Mostly accurate. In the original anime's finale (that got retconned when the Kyoto arc was animated), Satan possessed Yukio and this, in turn, unlocked Yukio's own blue flames (like what's happening now in the manga except that Satan hasn't successfully possessed Yukio...yet).

I like how Rin just accidentally sends Yukio flying through a wall and various other large things with a single punch. I know he's done grander things but it's not often that his physical strength gets to shine.
    Yeah, it's insane how much stronger he's gotten now that he's fully unsealed his demonic power. What's crazier about the feat that it was simply a casual punch.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Mostly accurate. In the original anime's finale (that got retconned when the Kyoto arc was animated), Satan possessed Yukio and this, in turn, unlocked Yukio's own blue flames (like what's happening now in the manga except that Satan hasn't successfully possessed Yukio...yet).
    Reminds how similar the final battles of the Soul Eater manga and anime are, but with one being better and less generic than the other, though they're both entertaining in their own ways.
    Yeah, it's insane how much stronger he's gotten now that he's fully unsealed his demonic power. What's crazier about the feat that it was simply a casual punch.
    I love how shocked Rin is by his own. And he still needs to get his sword from Koneko. That'll be fun.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Life has been tricky of late. Two deaths in the family, one from COVID, and other stuff.

Still hanging on, mind. I'm doing okay, my wife is doing okay, so no worries there. Just...not around so much right now.
    Sorry for your loss mate. Hope you're both able to come through this okay.

Extraordinary Member

Life has been tricky of late. Two deaths in the family, one from COVID, and other stuff.

Still hanging on, mind. I'm doing okay, my wife is doing okay, so no worries there. Just...not around so much right now.
    Damn, my condolences

Sharp, I am so, so sorry to hear this. Please take care of yourselves and your family, and if you need to talk, you know where I am, buddy.

Just keep hanging in there, and I'm sorry to hear about your family.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Yeah I meant martial arts wise. Next week things move to phase 2 and I can get some real work done.
    I miss Martial Arts, though I haven't been active in it since the turn of the century. Kinda jealous (in an admiring kind of way) of those who have been able to stay active in it long term.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

Well, after some thought, my feelings towards the Higanjima manga ranges a balance of stupidly amusing with the crazy absurd crap that goes on and stupidly infuriating with the edgy drama that happens because the characters take a drop in IQ.

Especially with the protagonist really lousy rule of "if you're infected, you gotta die" since he flips flops on it.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

sorry for that, old man. if anyone understands that, it's me. just be there for who you can and stay strong.

TNM continues his journey in one piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    I miss Martial Arts, though I haven't been active in it since the turn of the century. Kinda jealous (in an admiring kind of way) of those who have been able to stay active in it long term.
    What was your style?

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    What was your style?
    the art of fighting without fighting. :P