Page 979 of 2439 FirstFirst ... 4798799299699759769779789799809819829839891029107914791979 ... LastLast
Results 14,671 to 14,685 of 36576
    nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    I didn't include context because I felt that it didn't make anything better. But sure, let's go through the context.

There's a new super mega special threat coming and Konshu, god of the moon and Moon Knight's patron, has for some reason deemed that Moon Knight is the only person capable of stopping it and beefs him up and gives him an army of mummies and moon mages. But even that won't be enough, he still needs various mystical artefacts and powers to fight the coming evil.

And instead of you know, just asking the Avengers and others heroes for assistance or anything like that, he beats up Iron Fist and absorbs his titular ability, has his mummies and moon mages overwhelm Doctor Strange and steals the eye of Agamotto, just flat out steals Ghost Rider's car (because the Ghost Rider powers is in the vehicle and not at all in the human host itself), goes to Wakanda where Black Panther is going all "We can't possibly beat this guy, he and his moon powers are too good." and then we have the bit with Thor (and there's no indication that he's using the powers he's stolen to pull of that victory, it's all Moon Knight and Konshu).

The reason I picked out Thor scene is because it is the dumbest one. It changes a fundemental detail about the lore of uru in Marvel specifically for the sole reason of having Moon Knight humiliate Thor with casual ease (he also teleports several moons from other galaxies to smack Thor with). Yes, there is context in that he's been powered up, but it's done in such a way that comes off as frustratingly dumb and try hard rather than cool and impressive. It's like that one scene where Batman knocks out Superman with a whistle and Catwoman smacks down three Flashes as they're charging towards her, there's context (the other heroes are brainwashed) but the context is dumb and only there to make Batman and Catwoman look cool at the expense of the other characters.

And that's my issue with this whole comic. It's just Moon Knight getting beefed up to an absurd degree and made to look cool at the expense of other heroes (I know that happens a lot in super hero comics, but this is just one of the most blatant uses of it I've seen in a long while especially with the uru retcon) without anything clever about it.

Your mileage may of course vary. But sufficient to say, I did not care for the comic. However, I did not mean to start a harsh argument between posters. I just wanted to vent my frustration about a silly comic book.
    yeah. that sounds kind of jank. and not the good kind of jank like MVC2. more like the bad kind of jank like SVC: chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    the art of fighting without fighting. :P
    True mastery.

You excited for the next Kengan fight?

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Life has been tricky of late. Two deaths in the family, one from COVID, and other stuff.

Still hanging on, mind. I'm doing okay, my wife is doing okay, so no worries there. Just...not around so much right now.
    I'm really sorry to hear that, Sharp. Hope you and your wife hang in there.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    What was your style?
    Tae Kwon Do

Studied it for about 7 or 8 years.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Tae Kwon Do

Studied it for about 7 or 8 years.
    That’s awesome! I always loved throwing hook kicks.

True mastery.

You excited for the next Kengan fight?
    damn right i am.

That’s awesome! I always loved throwing hook kicks.
    It was fun, I enjoyed it. My biggest regret is that I never finished my training. I would have loved to have been a Black Belt. I've wanted to study Martial Arts ever since I was a little girl, but never got the chance until I was in my 30's.
    Last edited by Tami; 06-04-2020 at 02:19 PM.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    damn right i am.
    I wasn’t expecting that from Falcon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    It was fun, I enjoyed it. My biggest regret is that I never finished my training. I would have loved to have been a Black Belt.
    My roommate is interested in studying it. I had a lot of fun learning techniques from different Korean martial arts when I was younger.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Life has been tricky of late. Two deaths in the family, one from COVID, and other stuff.

Still hanging on, mind. I'm doing okay, my wife is doing okay, so no worries there. Just...not around so much right now.
    Sorry for your losses Sharp, my thoughts are with you.

Yeah I meant martial arts wise. Next week things move to phase 2 and I can get some real work done.
    You lucky man. The JKD proposal was a false alarm, we are still forbidden to practice contact sports until at least June 22, and my instructors basically think this kind of practice is relevant for the likes of Tai Chi (no offense to Tai Chi practitioners, having practiced it for like two months a few years ago, it certainly has its benefits) , but for training for fighting and self-defence... not so much (to which I do agree to an extent). In the meantime, still shadowboxing and bodyweight conditioning.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchGemini View Post
    You lucky man. The JKD proposal was a false alarm, we are still forbidden to practice contact sports until at least June 22, and my instructors basically think this kind of practice is relevant for the likes of Tai Chi (no offense to Tai Chi practitioners, having practiced it for like two months a few years ago, it certainly has its benefits) , but for training for fighting and self-defence... not so much (to which I do agree to an extent). In the meantime, still shadowboxing and bodyweight conditioning.
    Hang in there bro you’re almost their. I can’t wait for things to get back to normal. I miss sparring and pad work.

I can’t wait for my other gym to open back up. I haven’t gone this long without lifting weights in a while.

Tatsumi, the old man with the arm guards, has got to be like the biggest weenie Kenshin's ever fought.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    Name 4 genres of games you want to see use the warhammer 40K license
    Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    1.) A Bethesda-style RPG: Not sure what the story would be (maybe something about rogue traders/inquistors?), but the franchise is absolutely ripe for such a game.

Would an openworld rpg set on necromunda work?

and karma has finally started biting norman in the ass.

he called me and everyone who says even a ill word about his book a troll, and now........he has a troll. there is a troll who uses norman's name to utterly storm his comments on amazon, forcing norman to change his SN about 3 times.