Page 99 of 2458 FirstFirst ... 498995969798991001011021031091491995991099 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 36861
    Extraordinary Member

Bakugo is not among my favourite characters in the show. But I do like him as a character and I appreciate how well written he is throughout the series. This video does a good job of explaining the nuances of Bakugo's personality and development.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    As a fan of Alan Dean Foster's Spellsinger novels, I approve of this psycho otter stealing the crown.
    of course, you do. you didn't have to deal with the friggin' murder otter.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Question for the old school Anime fans in the thread: On another thread, I made a thread for creating hypothetical Smash Rosters without company limits, and I'm curious as to who would qualify as for a anime themed version of Smash 64

In other words: If you were to pick out the most iconic anime characters of the year 1999, who would they be?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Haha, I used to do whole write-ups for Smash-style rosters, including an anime one.

Off the top of my head, I included:

Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
    Gene Starwind (Outlaw Star)
    Spike Speigel (Cowboy Bebop)
    Fuu, Umi, and Hikaru (Magic Knight Rayearth)
    Sakura (Card Captor Sakura)
    Utena Tenjou (Revolutionary Girl Utena)

I guess you'd have to include some Dragonball, Sailor Moon, and Gundam characters in there. Maybe throw in some Ranma and Yu Yu Hakusho.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    Hmm, currently I'm thinking something like

1. Astro Boy
    2. Son Goku
    3. Doraemon
    4. Kenshiro
    5. Lupin III
    6. Mazinger Z
    7. RX-78 Gundam
    8. Captain Harlock
    9. Voltron
    10. Sailor Moon
    11. Tsubasa Ozora
    12. Tetsuo

A Smash game would probably try to go for the Icon value. Spike spiegal was more of a hit in the west anyway, so he'd likely get saved for a sequel
    Bringing this back up to Ask a question: Would anyone mind if I made a thread to discuss this question in the Rumbles section

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

that frame rate is distracting but I still like the looks of it

Hello friends!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

Bakugo is not among my favourite characters in the show. But I do like him as a character and I appreciate how well written he is throughout the series. This video does a good job of explaining the nuances of Bakugo's personality and development.
    After this video, my views on Bakugou have... not changed one bit.

Still waiting for someone(preferably Deku or Todoroki) to decisively kick his ass.

EDIT: By the way, comparing Bakugou to Naruto? Like, seriously?
    Last edited by SpiderClops; 10-03-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    After this video, my views on Bakugou have... not changed one bit.
    Fair enough.

I find that the different fan reactions to Bakugo is part of the fun and interesting aspect of his character, as long as everybody can keep it civil.
    Still waiting for someone(preferably Deku or Todoroki) to decisively kick his ass.
    Maybe in the next sports tournament. I wonder if Horikoshi will do another tournament arc, or if he'd just gloss over it as part of a timeskip.

EDIT: On second thought, his team might get their asses kicked in the current arc too.
    EDIT: By the way, comparing Bakugou to Naruto? Like, seriously?
    I can see it.

Bakugo is in many ways a typical shounen protagonist with a really, really bad attitude.
    Last edited by Dark Soul # 7; 10-03-2018 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FistofIron View Post
    Hello friends!
    Hello !

Been awhile !
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    Hello !

Been awhile !
    How you been bro?

Fair enough.

I find that the different fan reactions to Bakugo is part of the fun and interesting aspect of his character, as long as everybody can keep it civil.

Maybe in the next sports tournament. I wonder if Horikoshi will do another tournament arc, or if he'd just gloss over it as part of a timeskip.

EDIT: On second thought, his team might get their asses kicked in the current arc too.

I can see it.

Bakugo is in many ways a typical shounen protagonist with a really, really bad attitude.
    But that's exactly what makes a typical shonen protagonist. If you are an *******, then you most certainly are nothing like a typical shonen protagonist.

Extraordinary Member

But that's exactly what makes a typical shonen protagonist. If you are an *******, then you most certainly are nothing like a typical shonen protagonist.
    I forgot to add a "but" there. My bad.

Bakugo is a typical shounen protagonist but with a really, really bad attitude.

He's got the ambitions and drive of shounen protag, a raw magnetism that drew in Deku and Kirishima to associate with him and lots of natural talent that's polished with tons of hard work. He's just got anger issues, zero people skills and the work to get his head out of his ass is an ongoing project.

Besides, Naruto, Yusuke, Goku, Ranma and Ryuko are all shounen protags that are varying degrees of assholes at different points in their lives.

He's got the ambitions and drive of shounen protag, a raw magnetism that drew in Deku and Kirishima to associate with him and lots of natural talent that's polished with tons of hard work. He's just got anger issues, zero people skills and the work to get his head out of his ass is an ongoing project.

Besides, Naruto, Yusuke, Goku, Ranma and Ryuko are all shounen protags that are varying degrees of assholes at different points in their lives.
    You’ve made some excellent points. Another thing to point out is that he’s chilled out a lot. He was outright psychotic at one point.

The problem is that it's a very big 'BUT'. So big that it makes the whole comparison pointless. Not to mention that Naruto, for the big chunk of the series, was an underdog shunned by almost everyone. Whereas Bakugo is the exact opposite. And when did Naruto ever got a decisive win against Sasuke like Bakugo did against Deku few episodes ago?

This comparison makes no sense.