Page 990 of 2461 FirstFirst ... 49089094098098698798898999099199299399410001040109014901990 ... LastLast
Results 14,836 to 14,850 of 36906

We've leapt from GG1 returns to Xrd. Not sure if there's any larger meaning behind that but..

And the next reveal's in August. No wonder they've delayed it at the rate they're revealing characters now.

Extraordinary Member

RIP Denny O'Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Interesting.

I cannot recall much of any specific choreography from DBZ. I get the same blur thing you describe.

I mean, if I was to pick some powerful stuff where the choreography has spoken to me - Serei no Moribito, Kekkai Sensen, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure leap to mind. There are moments from all these series that I can picture perfectly.

Also One Piece and, technically, though I think the series, isn't that impressive in terms of actual choreography, My Hero Academia.

I remember, potently, the ending of the Luffy vs Lucci fight. The Plus Ultra versus Noumu has been burned into my brain by this point.

DBZ has like... the Father-Son Kamehameha, Vegeta's arm getting broken, arguably Trunks killing Frieza... and that's about it.
    Some moments that I remember. (Note, I limiting myself to moments that aren't the end of fights, since the endings are usually the most memorable part of any given fight)

- Goku and Jackie Chun's after image duel, Roshi's Thundershock surprise

- Goku using his Super Kamehameha against the giant Piccolo, Goku getting a hole shot in his chest by Piccolo, Piccolo wiping out the island

- Tien losing his arm, Chiaotzu's suicide attack, Gohan being two cowardly to take advantage after Piccolo and Krillin create an opening on Nappa, Tien's suicide attack, the Destructo Disk, Piccolo taking the hit for Gohan.

- Goku and Vegeta's Beam duel, Goku handing the spirit bomb off to Krillin and Gohan bouncing it after it misses, Yajirobe cutting off Vegeta's tail.

-Frieza impaling Krillin, Goku's underwater kamehameha feint, King Kai revealing that Goku's be using the Kaioken for the whole fight.

Quote Originally Posted by KingofPie View Post
    ....A Chris heel turn?

Doubt it. It's probably a red herring to make us assume that Chris has become a traitor when there is actually much more going on in context. Putting that aside, I'm glad that Ethan is the protagonist again.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Interesting.

I cannot recall much of any specific choreography from DBZ. I get the same blur thing you describe.

I mean, if I was to pick some powerful stuff where the choreography has spoken to me - Serei no Moribito, Kekkai Sensen, Kimetsu no Yaiba and Jojo's Bizarre Adventure leap to mind. There are moments from all these series that I can picture perfectly.

Also One Piece and, technically, though I think the series, isn't that impressive in terms of actual choreography, My Hero Academia.

I remember, potently, the ending of the Luffy vs Lucci fight. The Plus Ultra versus Noumu has been burned into my brain by this point.

DBZ has like... the Father-Son Kamehameha, Vegeta's arm getting broken, arguably Trunks killing Frieza... and that's about it.
    DBZ kind of just.......feel out of favor with me due to a lot of the fights feeling samely: super speed fights with beams. it felt new and fresh when i was a teen but as i got exposed to more and more anime and manga, the less i found it interesting. and it also doesn't help that death doesn't really mean anything in dragonball, so a lot of the tension for me is gone.

these days, i prefer physical chess matches between two fighters that i like in a number of series: one piece, JJBA, demon slayer, fist of the blue sky to a degree, YYH and of course, hunterXhunter. hell, one of my favorite stand battles in the entire JJBA series wasn't even a battle. it was just two guys trying spend a crap load of money.

but i also mention the 4th prince in this arc is due to the fact that the dude........terrifies me. like hisoka is interesting and unpredictable but i wouldn't say he's scary. this dude? he's part of the reason i'm putting up with the succession war for so long. i just wanna see just how damn dangerous this psycho can get.

and surprise, surprise.

"artemis fowl" sucks. badly.

some reviewers are even saying it took the crown from the Percy Jackson movies as the worst book adaptation.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    DBZ kind of just.......feel out of favor with me due to a lot of the fights feeling samely: super speed fights with beams. it felt new and fresh when i was a teen but as i got exposed to more and more anime and manga, the less i found it interesting. and it also doesn't help that death doesn't really mean anything in dragonball, so a lot of the tension for me is gone.

these days, i prefer physical chess matches between two fighters that i like in a number of series: one piece, JJBA, demon slayer, fist of the blue sky to a degree, YYH and of course, hunterXhunter. hell, one of my favorite stand battles in the entire JJBA series wasn't even a battle. it was just two guys trying spend a crap load of money.

but i also mention the 4th prince in this arc is due to the fact that the dude........terrifies me. like hisoka is interesting and unpredictable but i wouldn't say he's scary. this dude? he's part of the reason i'm putting up with the succession war for so long. i just wanna see just how damn dangerous this psycho can get.
    I fully do not understand why Yu Yu Hakushou has the cache it has.

It's just Togashi but without the complex emotional and thematic writing. The fights are... y'know... fine? But it's a bit of a nothing series.

I didn't encounter it until I was in my twenties, which was maybe too late. But I do not understand the people that venerate it because it feels like there's nothing there beyond a weirdly hyper competent English dub.

It's just Togashi but without the complex emotional and thematic writing. The fights are... y'know... fine? But it's a bit of a nothing series.

I didn't encounter it until I was in my twenties, which was maybe too late. But I do not understand the people that venerate it because it feels like there's nothing there beyond a weirdly hyper competent English dub.
    it just felt different. i grew up with DBZ and pretty only DBZ. so when cartoon network dropped YYH back in the day, it felt fresh and interesting compared to what i was use to. i still enjoy it to this day.

also, i loved the card game, most so than yugioh when i was still an active competitor.

It was a lot of people's first venture into anime, with YYH being one of the first of the line-ups for Toonami/Adult Swim. Aside from that, it did have a pretty unique premise and only devolved into typical shounen fare near the end.

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

It feels oddly nice when your writing gets reviews that not only say the stuff was enjoyable, but give actual critiques of how to make it better without being ridiculously vague.

...Better than reviews trying to compare everything on it to some anime or manga and expect that to be a compliment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun Lao View Post
    It was a lot of people's first venture into anime, with YYH being one of the first of the line-ups for Toonami/Adult Swim. Aside from that, it did have a pretty unique premise and only devolved into typical shounen fare near the end.
    that's true. that last arc kinda sucks. but given what togashi's mental and physical health was at the time, it's understandable.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    that's true. that last arc kinda sucks. but given what togashi's mental and physical health was at the time, it's understandable.
    While the Dark Tournament arc's success might have been a reason for him to use the Demon World Tournament as the last arc, it wasn't as if he did nothing but tournament arcs afterwards. Hell, the Sensui arc was already laying down the foundation of how HxH would be.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Cool stuff man!

I'm also getting the hilarious image of the occasional monster of the day getting punked by Australian wildlife before the Rangers get there though.

Welp!
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

My Forum check it out

Bruceleegreyhulk's RPG & Story Forum

Characters: Cyber Samurai, Wilima Stonewall, Red Oni, Jaakobah , Giduiz Mazi, Midas Goldsteel

Gambit: Gambit see your bet and raise it, because the cards always be in my favor.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The PS5 memes have been exquisite.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!