Page 998 of 2469 FirstFirst ... 49889894898899499599699799899910001001100210081048109814981998 ... LastLast
Results 14,956 to 14,970 of 37025
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    I think things are worked out for now, and it shouldn't happen again.

I don't have wifi, I just have my phone, and it's a prepaid phone, so I feel like doing something more complex than text would be too slow or come out too choppy. Plus I'm kind of private and a bit paranoid with the online stuff that way. And I hate the way my voice sounds outside my head.
    You told them you would break their spirits worse than you will break their bodies, if they ever show such insolence again, eh?

I respect your initiative.

Also, salutations. How've you been?

I'm sorry you don't enjoy your voice. As with all things Miburo, my voice is well endowed and charming.

Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    You told them you would break their spirits worse than you will break their bodies, if they ever show such insolence again, eh?

I respect your initiative.

Also, salutations. How've you been?

I'm sorry you don't enjoy your voice. As with all things Miburo, my voice is well endowed and charming.
    There are so many ways that statement could be responded to.....nah, I won't get involved.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

"Stegosaurus!" OrangeRangerPete's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miburo View Post
    Yeah, it's always good to draw a firm (or, occasionally, burning) line in the sand.

I remember when we used to use orbitting laser satellites to do that.

Ah, to old times.
    Australian adventurer, and Orange Ranger.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Finally getting into work on a semi-regular basis.

Which means I'll be poking my nose back in here on a semi-regular basis.

So, that's a plus.

There's no way I can catch up with a billion posts, so...I hope everyone is well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Voice of the Authorities Cleric of Hell’s Brigade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post

So, that's a plus.

There's no way I can catch up with a billion posts, so...I hope everyone is well.
    Pretty well with me. Been working throughout this COVID thing.

Happy to be back at work, hoss?
    Black Knight of SO
    Owner/Operator of SO’s Item/Weapon Shop
    Claimer of the original Rumbles 2,000,000th post
    CBR GM/DM

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cleric of Hell’s Brigade View Post
    Pretty well with me. Been working throughout this COVID thing.

Happy to be back at work, hoss?
    Oh, I've been working, just working from home. But that has started to become painful. I'm a little happier that I'm now going in for three hours, twice a week. It gets me back to my experiments in a more leisurely way (ie, I can get more accomplished than just 'keeping them running').

Glad to hear things have been well.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Oh, I've been working, just working from home. But that has started to become painful. I'm a little happier that I'm now going in for three hours, twice a week. It gets me back to my experiments in a more leisurely way (ie, I can get more accomplished than just 'keeping them running').

Mad Scientist Sharp.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member Iron_Twister's Avatar

...I'm kinda glad I'm just working for 5 hours today.

These spikes are just bumming me out. I mean obviously added with all this crap this year just keeps whipping out.

DBS: Aaaand Vegeta drops the ball again. When will he learn not to monologue to the villain when he *thinks* he has the advantage and just blast the guy to atoms?
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Good to have you back Sharp, and good that you are getting to progress a bit in your work.

On my side, I'm fine, though I won't lie, I'll be happy when I'll get to go back in an office two days a week from next week on .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    DBS: Aaaand Vegeta drops the ball again. When will he learn not to monologue to the villain when he *thinks* he has the advantage and just blast the guy to atoms?
    Hilariously he was actually being considerate for once and asking for permission, which led to the current situation.

Though I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Morro absorbed another being that had a backup of all his power. So shouldn't Vegeta basically be in the same situation as at the start of the chapter and still be able to win the fight?

Also, while he screwed up, I do like this as the solution for how Vegeta could've saved the day. He used a new technique which seperates power that doesn't inherently belong to a being from that being. It's a really effective ability against specific enemies. It wouldn't do anything against Broly, Jiren or even Freiza. But with all the foes that do like to absorb power from others it's a solid ability to have.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Hilariously he was actually being considerate for once and asking for permission, which led to the current situation.

Though I'm not entirely sure what the problem is. Morro absorbed another being that had a backup of all his power. So shouldn't Vegeta basically be in the same situation as at the start of the chapter and still be able to win the fight?

Also, while he screwed up, I do like this as the solution for how Vegeta could've saved the day. He used a new technique which seperates power that doesn't inherently belong to a being from that being. It's a really effective ability against specific enemies. It wouldn't do anything against Broly, Jiren or even Freiza. But with all the foes that do like to absorb power from others it's a solid ability to have.
    i also do appreciate how vegeta not only has been trying to make up for all the shit he's done but fully expecting to go to hell when he dies. again. for good. hopefully.

Extraordinary Member

A lot of people aren't likeing that DBS chapter, but I liked it a lot.

So, that's a plus.

I'm doing okay. Work from home doing consulting/contract work. Seriously thinking of taking the plunge and making it an official business. If all goes well, I'll probably file the paperwork later this summer.

It's not gonna bring in the kind of money I used to earn working a steady job, not at first anyway, but who knows? Maybe I'll even manage to make a success of it.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.