Page 110 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1060100106107108109110111112113114120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,636 to 1,650 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd like to read the mini-comic, I recognize half of the panels that have been used. Nice idea for an invitation to a wedding.

Hmm, I like the "Romance do Século/Romance of the Century" caption in the JL #12 copy the couple own, I don't recall it being used in the original edition of the book.
    Wow. This is so lovely to see. I myself would love to read that mini comic too.

I vacillate between anger and yet grudging gratitude at DC. The fact they took a chance and gave us FIVE years of a couple with a series and merch is mindblowing. I salute whoever idea it was to take the risk and give it to us outside AU. And the fact it was a success vindicates the fans. The sales clearly show...the new 52 was a success. Also look at the content we are seeing in social media. It rivals the classic pairing. DC keeps trying to destroy smww and yet look at what we are seeing. It's like people don't care what DC is saying in their comics or movies at the moment. They will ship and identify with whom they connect with and that is SMWW. I think back to all the wonderful variant covers and even blank sketch covers for SMWW. I don't think any other couple got that much ever. Not withstanding the other two popular couples in DC BatCat and Joker/Harley. People might make lists and try to say which are the most loved couples etc based on what DC has done in books and tv/movies. But when it comes to the merch it is SMWW, BMCW and J/H that lead the way. The irony is how they dumped on SMWW for movie synergy and their verse is very shaky. It was not even justified I feel given the way the DCEU has been not doing well with general audiences. In any case our ship is going strong.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-20-2018 at 08:56 AM.

"If Only. ☀️ �� Art by George Perez. Color/EFx: #smww4ever"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn2AmNwj7xW/

Step 2 of Dacilio Costa's SM/WW art...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4-eIJFb34/

"It’s this guys birthday!!! @realleagueofjustice aka Jon-Carlo, our Kal. Ok it was yesterday, but as many heroes we spent yesterday helping kids... so today I want the spread the birthday Love to him from all of us. He helps hold us up ������ see what I did there? ���� so I am posting my favorite picture of us since his last birthday ����"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn4X1-dF89Q/
    I'd have loved to see a mustached Cavill and Gadot do a Bombshells SMWW pic. Sadly won't happen seeing Cavill SM might be on his way out. Oh and I ADORE that sketch. Glad to see new 52 SMWW art still alive and kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

I vacillate between anger and yet grudging gratitude at DC. The fact they took a chance and gave us FIVE years of a couple with a series and merch is mindblowing. I salute whoever idea it was to take the risk and give it to us outside AU. And the fact it was a success vindicates the fans. The sales clearly show...the new 52 was a success. Also look at the content we are seeing in social media. It rivals the classic pairing. DC keeps trying to destroy smww and yet look at what we are seeing. It's like people don't care what DC is saying in their comics or movies at the moment. They will ship and identify with whom they connect with and that is SMWW. I think back to all the wonderful variant covers and even blank sketch covers for SMWW. I don't think any other couple got that much ever. Not withstanding the other two popular couples in DC BatCat and Joker/Harley. People might make lists and try to say which are the most loved couples etc based on what DC has done in books and tv/movies. But when it comes to the merch it is SMWW, BMCW and J/H that lead the way. The irony is how they dumped on SMWW for movie synergy and their verse is very shaky. It was not even justified I feel given the way the DCEU has been not doing well with general audiences. In any case our ship is going strong.
    Hehe SMWW have a matching pajama set now and not only that but they connect together. it’s those kind of things, even other little that speaks volume and says a lot.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    WB/DC should reconsider their "media synergy". They can't keep planning more than a year ahead of the release of a movie to line up with it without even seeing the audience's response or if the movie get aborted before filming or end up heavily re-edited.
    Just recently, DC finished to publish a storyline that was meant to be a sort of cross-promotion with a DCEU movie that was supposed to come out this year but never materialized. smh.

Thinking that SM/WW could be a "victim" of this kind of creative process makes my brain hurts.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-20-2018 at 02:47 PM.

Thinking that SM/WW could be a "victim" of this kind of creative process makes my brain hurts.
    Don’t even try to figure it out because it’s just gonna still end up unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Don’t even try to figure it out because it’s just gonna still end up unjustified.
    I guess that from their pov is totally justified. It's always fans to feel differently.

I guess that from their pov is totally justified. It's always fans to feel differently.
    If it was successful then....sure. But things are shaky and seems directionless. SMWW had sales and a direction but was cut short.

If it was successful then....sure. But things are shaky and seems directionless. SMWW had sales and a direction but was cut short.
    Well, I don't think they could've seen that the DCEU would end up being an utter joke and failure. Still the moment they started the marketing campaign for BvS, SM/WW couldn't be promoted/supported anymore as it clashed with what WB was going to push.

Well, I don't think they could've seen that the DCEU would end up being an utter joke and failure. Still the moment they started the marketing campaign for BvS, SM/WW couldn't be promoted/supported anymore as it clashed with what WB was going to push.
    Right! But the logical thing was to wait, ecspecially when things were already falling apart and divisive before the movie even premiered. It goes beyond fan preference and is more about business and logic. This is also why synergy isn’t exactly the right thing to do unless it’s a garuanteed success.

Right! But the logical thing was to wait, ecspecially when things were already falling apart and divisive before the movie even premiered.
    Nothing was falling apart before BvS premiered.

It goes beyond fan preference and is more about business and logic. This is also why synergy isn’t exactly the right thing to do unless it’s a garuanteed success.
    And their business and logic were to not keep supporting something that will not be in their movies in any shape or form and that clashed with their marketing campaign.

Nothing was falling apart before BvS premiered.

And their business and logic were to not keep supporting something that will not be in their movies in any shape or form and that clashed with their marketing campaign.
    Early reactions and testings but maybe I’m mixing it up with JL.

Hmmm... if that’s the case, Superman should be a rookie, Jimmy shouldn’t be alive or should be Jenny, Martha Kent should be alive, Barry should be a college student.... etc etc.... Cherry picking things isn’t good either
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-20-2018 at 04:28 PM.

Hmmm... if that’s the case, Jimmy shouldn’t be alive or should be Jenny, Martha Kent should be alive, Barry should be a college student.... etc etc.... Cherry picking things isn’t good either
    Jimmy wasn't even that Jimmy but a CIA agent undercover. Jenny Jurwich was her own character and not a female Olsen. Martha Kent alive isn't such a big deal, having both parents alive in the movies would've been perceived as a major difference with the comics but it's not the case here.
    Barry Allen is an adult in the comics, why he should go back to college? Again, it doesn't represent a real contradiction with the comics if he's a rookie in the movies.

Keep in mind that SM/WW needed the approval from WB, that same WB that later had to promote the "anti-SM/WW" DCEU. It couldn't do both.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-20-2018 at 04:47 PM.

Jimmy wasn't even that Jimmy but a CIA agent undercover. Jenny Jurwich was her own character and not a female Olsen. Martha Kent alive isn't such a big deal, having both parents alive in the movies would've been perceived as a major difference with the comics but it's not the case here.
    Barry Allen is an adult in the comics, why he should go back to college? Again, it doesn't represent a real contradiction with the comics if he's a rookie in the movies.

Keep in mind that SM/WW needed the approval from WB, that same WB that later had to promote the "anti-SM/WW" DCEU. It couldn't do both.
    But all of that, no matter how small It may seem is still a contradiction.

Still no justification to them not communicating at all though. It stuck out like a sore thumb. The dynamics they tried were just completely empty and forced.

But all of that, no matter how small It may seem is still a contradiction.
    WW's clay birth vs Zeus origin could be considered a contradiction, but small differences don't really matter as much.

Still no justification to them not communicating at all though. It stuck out like a sore thumb. The dynamics they tried were just completely empty and forced.
    They forgot that Superman was there in the moment they decided to build everything around Batman.