Page 203 of 281 FirstFirst ... 103153193199200201202203204205206207213253 ... LastLast
Results 3,031 to 3,045 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Getting back to SMWW one aspect of the couple's fandom I find interesting is how extremely popular they are with the general public. Many so-called hardcore comic book fans are lukewarm on the couple at best whereas the general population seems to have embraced the concept with gusto. It makes for a fascinating dynamic.
    It’s the general message of the Superman and Wonder Woman dynamic the general audience sees. The purpose is that Wonder Woman is the answer and counterpart to Superman. It’s not about the powers, it’s Superman and Wonder Woman representing the best of the best of a strong, respectful, equal bond and partnership between a man and a woman. As stated quite often, it goes back to the real life personal stories too, identifying with Superman and Wonder Woman and their relationship development. It’s just on a grander scale.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    As usual they're inseparable, lol.

I think that's because people share these posts with their partners and write captions that indirectly refer to their own relationship.
    Yep! It’s a spiritual connection

Yes indeed and that makes it all the more sweet!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    So more SMWW 2 packs of many things despite what DC and WB is doing.

There is a belief that SMWW belong together. Whether it is because you shipped them with the generation that grew up on the Superfriends, you read comics and learned about their dynamic and liked it and felt that Clark and Diana feels a more natural, "obvious" connection because of who they are and what they do, or you keep seeing them put together by artists and merchants etc. And they look right together. The aesthetic is right. Look at many other couples, the way they balance and compliment each other visually.

It's almost like being aware of two beloved people who are your friends and suddenly realizing...hey you know they would actually make a good match ...they have a lot in common, they would understand each other better, they can actually work along side each other with no problem...maybe we should set them up. The constant putting them together to market stuff is also a strong subliminal message that they are a pair.
    Well stated, Hellacre. The bold part is a very apt comparison for SM/WW.

Then DC actually giving them stories...this changes the game too. It makes what we suspected official. I remember when I first stumbled on KC. I was not into comics at all. I opened the book very curious. Flipping thought it and then I was like...is that Superman?? He has aged up. Hmm, wow, interesting pictures here...this is not the usual SM stuff I ever saw on tv or cartoon. Wait Is he kissing Wonder Woman?! OMG! YES! When did this happen? This is so right!!!!! I need to read this. Rest is history.
    Just look at comments section of the video with Jim Lee drawing the cover for JL #12, most of the reactions to the then newly announced relationship were "It makes sense."

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yep! It’s a spiritual connection
    It's more a commercial one in case the of toys.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-19-2018 at 09:17 AM.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpE7IVchKj9/

31 Nights of Halloween
    Day 17: We can be heroes.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpDwErJFBII/

Yep, pretty sure she's the Wonder Woman to my Superman. Let's save the world together.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFChIIBp2y/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-18-2018 at 05:10 PM.

I agree with you on the Peter/Gwen shipping (including a variant of Spider-Gwen who is closer in age to Peter). I like them together so much I actually wrote an AU fanfic devoted to the idea (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines).

Getting back to SMWW one aspect of the couple's fandom I find interesting is how extremely popular they are with the general public. Many so-called hardcore comic book fans are lukewarm on the couple at best whereas the general population seems to have embraced the concept with gusto. It makes for a fascinating dynamic.
    The public identifies with them, sees in them the ideal of perfection, something to be achieved but, you know, I realized that this ideal that people want is not in the physical sense mainly but in the moral and sentimental sense. They recognize in them a moral potency greater than physical. Ahhhhh and thanks for the fanfic! I will read it tonight!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 10-18-2018 at 05:03 PM.

It’s the general message of the Superman and Wonder Woman dynamic the general audience sees. The purpose is that Wonder Woman is the answer and counterpart to Superman. It’s not about the powers, it’s Superman and Wonder Woman representing the best of the best of a strong, respectful, equal bond and partnership between a man and a woman. As stated quite often, it goes back to the real life personal stories too, identifying with Superman and Wonder Woman and their relationship development. It’s just on a grander scale.
    Makes perfect sense. I know I usually prefer my ships to be between partners who are equals (in terms of not only abilities & talents but also emotional fortitude) and who draw off each other for strength rather than one being completely dependent upon the other in some fashion.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-18-2018 at 05:01 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I was checking out Peng Peng's Official site. Reading her posts on the smww art.

On the SMWW playing video games.

The one of them having coffee was initially for a children's Charity Auction. Hope she does more!!
    Oh wow!! Yes! The video game piece is absolutely adorable! Please cross fingers for more art!

The coffee piece I’ve seen a lot around especially for Sunday/monday motivation posts for couples!

Now if this does not scream what they doing ( or not rather) with SM currently on the DCEU...lol.

Now if this does not scream what they doing ( or not rather) with SM currently on the DCEU...lol.

lol, he just wants a little attention from Diana.

Where does the image come from?

lol, he just wants a little attention from Diana. Where does the image come from?
    MAD‘s Superman and the Miserable, Rotten, No Fun, Really Bad Day.

Thanks.

Nice title. Very uplifting.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-18-2018 at 05:24 PM.

LOL...wow the accuracy! Superman looks like he been through the wringer forreal.

lol, he just wants a little attention from Diana.
    Of course he does but sometimes he deserves to be ignored by her...

Aw...Well yeah a little attention from Diana would’ve made his day

Makes perfect sense. I know I usually prefer my ships to be between partners who are equals (in terms of not only abilities & talents but also emotional fortitude) and who draw off each other for strength rather than one being completely dependent upon the other in some fashion.
    Yes. Kal and Diana are two strong independent characters that connect together to be even stronger. They both demand equal balance when written together especially Diana and that’s the challenge that at times is ran away from. Kal and Diana have the right balance of similarities and differences that fits together so perfectly. That creates natural conflict for them to overcome and learn from together. They give each a different perspective to certain things but one is not viewed as better than the other. Their relationship is based on 100% trust, understanding, honesty and faith from jump. They accept and embrace every aspect of each other. There’s no hiding, downplaying, or feeling as though they need to have resentment or regret and apologize for who they are. Their relationship is earned. This is also why real couples or individuals feel the “realness” of them together.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-18-2018 at 05:59 PM.

Yes. Kal and Diana are two strong independent characters that connect together to be even stronger. They both demand equal balance when written together especially Diana and that’s the challenge that at times is ran away from. Kal and Diana have the right balance of similarities and differences that fits together so perfectly. That creates natural conflict for them to overcome and learn from together. They give each a different perspective to certain things but one is not viewed as better than the other. Their relationship is based on 100% trust, understanding, honesty and faith from jump. They accept and embrace every aspect of each other. There’s no hiding, downplaying, or feeling as though they need to have resentment or regret and apologize for who they are. Their relationship is earned. This is also why real couples or individuals feel the “realness” of them together.
    Another thing we notice in SMWW's relationship is the fact that one does not need to cancel out for the other to shine. SM quietly had his stories, his adventures in his books without the need for Diana in them and so did Diana. We delighted in an individual SM, with an individual WW, and complemented them together in an exquisite book that was SMWW. Modern couples identify with this fact because they know that no matter how much they love each other, they do not have to live by one or the other. SMWW are equilibrium example

Ahhhh lovely!!!! Can we have a Lego SMWW movie? Or maybe a mangá or how we name cartoons like Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya? They are perfect for them!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Ahhhh lovely!!!! Can we have a Lego SMWW movie? Or maybe a mangá or how we name cartoons like Dragon Ball or Saint Seiya? They are perfect for them!!!!!
    Yeah, SM/WW are perfect for every kind of adaptation, media or genre.