Page 197 of 281 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Random comic books related stuff from tkon04 tumblr...

Front-page tabloid headline in Superman Secret Files 1998 #1:

https://tkon04.tumblr.com/post/17909...t-files-1998-1

A panel from DC/Scholastic’s Secret Hero Society: Fort Solitude - Book 2:

https://tkon04.tumblr.com/post/17912...o-society-fort

Cover edit of Batman and the Justice League #5 (today it's released a translated volume of the manga):

https://tkon04.tumblr.com/post/17896...stice-league-5
    Might be a tabloid but it not far from the truth.

Wish we had more new 52 smww anime but alas is a Bat book.

How cute are the scholastic smww.

He mentioned it at NYCC:

He (Miller) then talked about how each issue of Superman Year One features a different love interest – Lana Lang, Lois Lane, Lori Lemaris and “I’m pushing for a certain Amazon to get involved” (obviously Wonder Woman).

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/10...-at-nycc-2018/
    Nice interview, made me want to jump back in to see what these guys are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Think about a male super hero... Superman. Think about a female super hero... Wonder Woman. You imagine that they represent the balance between the sexes, that they are together, that they are close to one another, that they are "super friends" or even a couple, right? Yes ... it is the natural course of thought. But is that what the company gives you? No ... then, as always in the history of mankind, the people, in this case, the fans, write their own story. I will always be very proud of SMWW fans.
    Exactly.

There are enough similarities and differences between SMWW to make a very powerful coupling not only in physical strength. She is literally and figuratively an answer to him in the best way without diluting who or what they are and what they truly believe in. AND vitally real growth. Superman needs challenging and needs growth to be an interesting character. Same for Diana. He rarely gets this. Punching hard is not a challenge. He often is perceived as always in the right...but that as we know is a very simplistic way of seeing the world and doing things. Or his solutions are via the deus ex machina typs which always gives me the impression he truly never was tested because there was never truly sacrifice or consequence. Batman has this in droves which is why he is seen as so compelling. Wonder Woman at times too suffer from the same inertia as Superman because they can't make her flawed or making mistakes. But there are avenues and action that can be taken by two good people to solve problems and deal with situations. No one person has the answers or always has it 100% right. Clark and Diana are of the same school of thought but sometimes there MO is different and this for me is a wonderful facet to their relationship. I hate how DC likes to try to demean her desire for being proactive as if it is something always bad...and keep trying to show Superman restraint as something always good when it is not. Depending on the situation...both can be right or wrong. A good writer can use these two strengths and weakness of the character and create a fascinating story.

Their crossing of culture is another great way to contrast them and show that open mindedness and inclusiveness and diversity is a good thing. That waving a flag is not always the way. Patriotism is fine but when it becomes at the expense of others it is bad because to me there is a prejudice and selfishness there and SM and WW should be universal and not about themselves. And they should not be representations of one way as the ideal. The idea that DC elevate humans as superior culturally/ intellectually and emotionally is poorly conceived idea too in terms of the commentary. If SM wants to be human so badly he should hang up the cape (or give it someone who values the legacy it carries) and sniff some gold kryptonite and go live have his white picket fence.

There was a moment in the new 52 Clark and Diana was discussing Khandaq and what a chance for Johns to really show the interesting facets of this couple. That Diana was wanting to take in aid and stop oppression and death was not bad but actually a very admirable reaction and one based on compassion and justice...and Superman was resistant was not just based on him being uncaring or cautious because he knew it could create worse situation. But maybe based on experience of having done this and gotten burnt. Johns copped out instead of showing something where they could have had a meaningful dialogue on what it means to be a hero. Instead we get trite situations as in Injustice or many times in canon where they try to define the characters by who they dating and how many times they will save them over others. I don't admire heroes for those reasons.

Clark and Diana's good heart and compassion and wanting to better the world is also why they would never truly change who they are as individuals when doing this. Clark and Diana if they were real people...I imagine would be very drawn to each and , would be naturally in each other's radar even if he was a reporter and she an Ambassador. As a reporter Clark could have access to anywhere tbh. And IMO Clark is as much a man of action as a reporter and able to affect change in the world with his writing. But again I feel DC see Clark as a reporter as a excuse to just keep him hanging around in the DP and not really about truth and ethics. Clark should be a blogger and writer. Imagine this and being Superman...Diana would be fascinated by him and he would admire her. DC need to give her a little more to do with the real world that just hobnobbing around the world fighting gods and monsters and saving who ever she dating. Every character has a social side...a down side...where you get to see them outside of their job, doing other things, purpose, hobbies, causes that mean something to them. Diana use to have a home, a city, a lot of friends etc. God knows what she has now.

I personally feel Superman and Wonder Woman have a long way to go in terms of showing the hero's journey. DC accomplishes some this outside of canon because canon can get pretty incoherent when it comes to story telling and lacking consistency with the constant reboots and retcons and non canon well you can pretty much have more freedom. All I want as a SMWW fan is someone who can understand these things about smww and who is free to write without constraint.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-17-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I clearly see SMWW as representing the 7 types of love described by the Greeks:
    Philautia - the love we have for ourselves, Diana's love ensures the safety for Clark / Kal feel Philautia as much as he guarantees for her.
    Pragma - love based on the greater good, I do not think I need to exemplify ...
    Ludus - which is a more fun love, which in the case of both evolves to Eros or Agape.
    Eros - the obvious love / passion between both.
    Philia - family love ... both Diana and Clark / Kal have a strong connection and need to have a family close by.
    Storge - the love between parents and children ... I see Clark and Diana being excellent parents but being side by side, in the experiences of maternity / paternity with other companions both fail a little as parents.
    Agape - unconditional and unselfish love to all living beings, the love that both represent, it is UNACCEPTABLE to imagine that if Superman loses his love interest he leaves or distances himself from humanity.
    Beautiful. You are right. SMWW has been explored as this...which to me says a lot about the foundation of their bond.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Exactly.

There are enough similarities and differences between SMWW to make a very powerful coupling not only in physical strength. She is literally and figuratively an answer to him in the best way without diluting who or what they are and what they truly believe in. AND vitally real growth. Superman needs challenging and needs growth to be an interesting character. Same for Diana. He rarely gets this. Punching hard is not a challenge. He often is perceived as always in the right...but that as we know is a very simplistic way of seeing the world and doing things. Or his solutions are via the deus ex machina typs which always gives me the impression he truly never was tested because there was never truly sacrifice or consequence. Batman has this in droves which is why he is seen as so compelling. Wonder Woman at times too suffer from the same inertia as Superman because they can't make her flawed or making mistakes. But there are avenues and action that can be taken by two good people to solve problems and deal with situations. No one person has the answers or always has it 100% right. Clark and Diana are of the same school of thought but sometimes there MO is different and this for me is a wonderful facet to their relationship. I hate how DC likes to try to demean her desire for being proactive as if it is something always bad...and keep trying to show Superman restraint as something always good when it is not. Depending on the situation...both can be right or wrong. A good writer can use these two strengths and weakness of the character and create a fascinating story.

Their crossing of culture is another great way to contrast them and show that open mindedness and inclusiveness and diversity is a good thing. That waving a flag is not always the way. Patriotism is fine but when it becomes at the expense of others it is bad because to me there is a prejudice and selfishness there and SM and WW should be universal and not about themselves. And they should not be representations of one way as the ideal. The idea that DC elevate humans as superior culturally/ intellectually and emotionally is poorly conceived idea too in terms of the commentary. If SM wants to be human so badly he should hang up the cape (or give it someone who values the legacy it carries) and sniff some gold kryptonite and go live have his white picket fence.

There was a moment in the new 52 Clark and Diana was discussing Khandaq and what a chance for Johns to really show the interesting facets of this couple. That Diana was wanting to take in aid and stop oppression and death was not bad but actually a very admirable reaction and one based on compassion and justice...and Superman was resistant was not just based on him being uncaring or cautious because he knew it could create worse situation. But maybe based on experience of having done this and gotten burnt. Johns copped out instead of showing something where they could have had a meaningful dialogue on what it means to be a hero. Instead we get trite situations as in Injustice or many times in canon where they try to define the characters by who they dating and how many times they will save them over others. I don't admire heroes for those reasons.

Clark and Diana's good heart and compassion and wanting to better the world is also why they would never truly change who they are as individuals when doing this. Clark and Diana if they were real people...I imagine would be very drawn to each and , would be naturally in each other's radar even if he was a reporter and she an Ambassador. As a reporter Clark could have access to anywhere tbh. And IMO Clark is as much a man of action as a reporter and able to affect change in the world with his writing. But again I feel DC see Clark as a reporter as a excuse to just keep him hanging around in the DP and not really about truth and ethics. Clark should be a blogger and writer. Imagine this and being Superman...Diana would be fascinated by him and he would admire her. DC need to give her a little more to do with the real world that just hobnobbing around the world fighting gods and monsters and saving who ever she dating. Every character has a social side...a down side...where you get to see them outside of their job, doing other things, purpose, hobbies, causes that mean something to them. Diana use to have a home, a city, a lot of friends etc. God knows what she has now.

I personally feel Superman and Wonder Woman have a long way to go in terms of showing the hero's journey. DC accomplishes some this outside of canon because canon can get pretty incoherent when it comes to story telling and lacking consistency with the constant reboots and retcons and non canon well you can pretty much have more freedom. All I want as a SMWW fan is someone who can understand these things about smww and who is free to write without constraint.
    when someone asks me why I like SMWW I will give ctrl + v and give your answer! Is perfect!

Exactly.

Wow!!!! This is perfection!

Interesting...New 52 Valentine’s Special Young Romance will be collected

A VERY DC VALENTINE’S DAY TP
    written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, PAUL DINI, MARK RUSSELL, STEVE ORLANDO and others
    art by JOHN TIMMS, BRYAN HITCH, KELLEY JONES, EMANUELA LUPACCHINO and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    For the first time, DC collects love stories of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes. Wonder Woman consults Eros himself about her feelings for the Man of Steel! Aquaman makes waves as he treats his wife like a queen for a day! And Barbara Gordon has always been too busy for romance, but could her role as Batgirl bring her back to the first guy she ever kissed? Collects Young Romance: The New 52 Valentine’s Day Special #1, Young Monsters in Love #1 and Harley Quinn Valentine’s Day Special #1.
    ON SALE 01.23.19
    $16.99 US | 176 PAGES
    FC | ISBN: 978-1-4012-8766-5

Textless cover

This cover is still so fire! Seriously why is it not a statue?! It’s just on point perfection and would definitely be top choice gift for couples!

As for the story, I loved new52 Eros! His design was basically like “devil may cry” with the pistols. I miss the new52 Gods in general. They had such character.
    The new52 Gods and Kal of course meshed really well and there was already story threads there to suggest many possibilities. Apollo, the Sun God vs Kal, an honorary Sun God, Strife and her mischief irritating Diana while also having a fangirl crush on Kal, Hephaestus I think would be curious with Kal’s Kryptonian tech.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-17-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Visita à ABAC ( Associação Beneficente Anjos de Cristal) que ajuda crianças com osteogênese imperfeita. Feliz em poder fazer esse dia mais feliz.
    Translation: Visit to the ABAC (Crystal Angels Charitable Association) that helps children with osteogenesis imperfecta. Happy to be able to make this day happier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo5gk3cg...d=7444k6md02hm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAvUdEg...=1bli04df5a5c3

SuperDad celebrates his Wondergirl’s birthday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAbopJB...=1keowa44osoav

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post

written by AMANDA CONNER, JIMMY PALMIOTTI, PAUL DINI, MARK RUSSELL, STEVE ORLANDO and others
    cover by KELLEY JONES
    For the first time, DC collects love stories of the World’s Greatest Super Heroes. Wonder Woman consults Eros himself about her feelings for the Man of Steel! Aquaman makes waves as he treats his wife like a queen for a day! And Barbara Gordon has always been too busy for romance, but could her role as Batgirl bring her back to the first guy she ever kissed? Collects Young Romance: The New 52 Valentine’s Day Special #1, Young Monsters in Love #1 and Harley Quinn Valentine’s Day Special #1.
    ON SALE 01.23.19
    $16.99 US | 176 PAGES

Textless cover

This cover is still so fire! Seriously why is it not a statue?! It’s just on point perfection and would definitely be top choice gift for couples!

As for the story, I loved new52 Eros! His design was basically like “devil may cry” with the pistols. I miss the new52 Gods in general. They had such character.
    The new52 Gods and Kal of course meshed really well and there was already story threads there to suggest many possibilities. Apollo, the Sun God vs Kal, an honorary Sun God, Strife and her mischief irritating Diana while also having a fangirl crush on Kal, Hephaestus I think would be curious with Kal’s Kryptonian tech.
    Wait. So DC publishing illusions and delusions?

And yes that cover is gorgeous. People love the image. It's been used for a lot of custom stuff. I really miss the new 52 Gods too and the missed chanced for Clark to interact more with them. Imagine him teaming up with Eros or Heph or even Strife. lol.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Might be a tabloid but it not far from the truth.
    Yup, she never really hid her feelings for Clark.

Btw, has anyone ever thought of putting together a collage with the various pre-FP's shippy tabloid headlines?

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Nice interview, made me want to jump back in to see what these guys are doing.
    It's probably the Superman related book I look forward to most. Too bad for the delays.

Wait. So DC publishing illusions and delusions?

And yes that cover is gorgeous. People love the image. It's been used for a lot of custom stuff. I really miss the new 52 Gods too and the missed chanced for Clark to interact more with them. Imagine him teaming up with Eros or Heph or even Strife. lol.
    Hehe...I’m guessing it’s now uh....complicated
    It was an illusion to force a contrived narrative that still doesn’t make sense.

Yes! Couples would also use this as a wedding cake topper for sure!

cover by KELLEY JONES
    ON SALE 01.23.19
    $16.99 US | 176 PAGES

Textless cover

Whatever anti-SM/WW mandate that DC has had in recent years certainly not stopped them to republishing classics featuring SM/WW like KC. But republishing a story from the New52 era for Valentine's Day is a different beast. They are making progress. Small progress.

Visita à ABAC ( Associação Beneficente Anjos de Cristal) que ajuda crianças com osteogênese imperfeita. Feliz em poder fazer esse dia mais feliz.
    Translation: Visit to the ABAC (Crystal Angels Charitable Association) that helps children with osteogenesis imperfecta. Happy to be able to make this day happier.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo5gk3cg...d=7444k6md02hm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAvUdEg...=1bli04df5a5c3

SuperDad celebrates his Wondergirl’s birthday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAbopJB...=1keowa44osoav
    The face the little girl does to look tough made my day. lol.

Whatever anti-SM/WW mandate that DC has had in recent years certainly not stopped them to republishing classics featuring SM/WW like KC. But republishing a story from the New52 era for Valentine's Day is a different beast. They are making progress. Small progress.
    Hehehe! Let the progress keep going please! It’s a definite surprise with this!

The face the little girl does to look tough made my day. lol.

Adorable little warrior!!