Page 262 of 281 FirstFirst ... 162212252258259260261262263264265266272 ... LastLast
Results 3,916 to 3,930 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Maybe these creators understand the immigrant and "outsider" perspective in that they know being from Brazil ( a melting pot of people) that culture is what it is. A collective of ideas and customs derived from an area one lives but it does not define one's humanity or feelings and emotions. No matter where you are from earth or race, religion, orientation, we ALL have the capacity for love, hope, compassion, etc and all have ideals and aspirations. To try to set one group above others...ie a more superior group ( the west usually) in the world
    ie they the best at truth, or journalism or science or intellectual thought or freedom...is borne out of ignorance and arrogance.

Every country in the world have heroes and people, be they from the higher echelons of society, middle class or grassroots,...all want the same thing. It's usually happiness and justice and freedom etc. How they all go about it can vary but Chico's family are simple folk and would be culturally different from the Kents. But they are similar too. You see the love they have for each other and their son and how hard they work and how hospitable they are. I'd say maybe Chico might be a less privileged child than a little Clark because of the fact one was born in Latin America and the other in the American Midwest . But does not make Chico less able to empathize and understand. Fact the less you have and the more you give and open your heart says much about you. All levels and all races and all countries have people who fight for freedom , put themselves at enormous risk, have no safety nets or people to rescue them all the time, sacrifice and have tons of humanity. They work quietly and humbly without need for prizes, unsung heroes, they stay and don't run off on people that need them so they can be comfortable. These are the hallmarks of real heroes and every race and culture have them.

Clark and Diana might be different but they connect with Chico and his family. And Clark's alienness or Diana's roots and background should never be reasons used why they need to be placed in certain relationships . That has nothing to do with anything. They both grew up, live and function on earth. They are already humanized because they feel and want and need and fear. They get tired too. Mental tiredness must be very hard on them. The things they have to do and endure not many other people do. And you need downtime it is true. But I think you need someone who understands how you feel and what this downtime means to you because they walk in your shoes. This is why this story with Clark and Diana together is good. They could have done him and Batman but they choose him and Diana because you know its two people that need this and they definitely will have a relaxing time together. I have hated in recent times the xenophobic ideas pushed by usually some Superman writers about Diana. And to some extent even Clark. Watering down his heritage just to prop tradition. I think they really don't understand what it means to be Clark. And usually make him out to be this guy who values his heritage less but happy to use what it gives him to praise and save one set of people. Someone like Superman should never even be propping humans only. Here is a man who can travel the universe and meet many different beings and see wondrous things and I am to believe he still sings about one group only as better and waves flags and talks about wars that now are viewed as unjust. It's a mind set that is very old fashioned and arrogant. SM and WW should be universal and all embracing and this simple story aimed at children demonstrated that well. Kudos to the creators.

Chico running around free and bare feet reminds me of myself as a kid. There is nothing like it.
    Wow! Hellacre, your commentary is always on point and very insightful!
    The bold part needs to be emphasized.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    One thing I find to be unacceptable in SM and WW is the limited world view that back and a half present! As beings who traveled all over the world, supernatural worlds, other planets, have known cultures and technologies can have such a short, so narrow vision of the world? I'm not talking about relegating your origins, your past, but adding new concepts ... okay, you admire people by your side, admire certain prominent humans, but compare them to others you've known throughout your journey through the universe, or multiverse... well it is difficult to admire only certain people in the face of so many magnificent stories, stories of knowledge, sacrifice, achievements and surpasses.
    Lazy and narrow minded to try to prop cliches that are outdated. It's like you got rose tinted spectacles simply because there are conditions attached to your admiration. Our veneration of real worlds heroes like Mandela, Gandhi, Mother Teresa is not in any way compromised because we are married, sleeping with, getting privilege because we know them personally. We see and hear of a great people words and deeds and the impact they left on the world. We are fired and inspired by them in a real way because it makes and keeps us selfless in every way. We don't even ever have to meet them but we feel their impact and we might become heroes ourselves. Diana and Clark are inspirations by themselves and then they meet beings like this all across the world and galaxy. They, of all heroes, should be sending a message that there is more to tie us together across the universe than set us apart. There should never be this narrow world view presented by them. And the idea that they suddenly care about what goes on in the world or in part of the world because something just happens to the person they sleep with...oh boy that bugs me no end. We don't have to make either blatantly political but writers need to be cognizant of the world and its changing face. It has to be about all encompassing universal unconditional love/acceptance and then the message becomes understandable for all. Hope isn't because you stay happy in your personal life and if you can't have what you want all is over and not worth carrying the message or fighting. That is unacceptable for SM or WW. The never ending battle would have become a mockery. This is why I loathe Injustice and some of the troupes that come about because of it and sadly DC are using still even in canon and on TV or movies despite it being very damaging to the characters you want to rate as great heroes.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-15-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Here's a scene that warmed my heart ... the way Clark looks at Diana and Chico playing with the dog ... you feel a joy, a peace in him that it's impossible not to imagine how many scenes like this could be shown in Kingdom Come. ... I think at this moment passes through his mind how he would be happy next to Diana and raising children in a peaceful place!

Here's a scene that warmed my heart ... the way Clark looks at Diana and Chico playing with the dog ... you feel a joy, a peace in him that it's impossible not to imagine how many scenes like this could be shown in Kingdom Come. ... I think at this moment passes through his mind how he would be happy next to Diana and raising children in a peaceful place!

Okay I think this has to be my favorite image.

I think that dream is a universal dream for everyone. Thing is with heroes is it especially difficult. Because duty. But when they do achieve it ...especially after earning it...after decades of fighting...as in Kingdom Come. That is what makes it perfect. Just getting it on a platter ,least to me as a reader...feels less poignant. It's how I feel about them in KC having their first child in middle age. Perfect because again it's like after never expecting that, they are blessed and rewarded for decades of toil and sacrifice.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-15-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Awe!!! **heart eyes** This is really really sweet!
    I don’t think there has ever been a time I’ve even seen Diana truly like this either. Both of them look very much at “home”.

Speaking of Kingdom Come, there are a few homages and to the DK Universe in this issue as well

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I don’t think there has ever been a time I’ve even seen Diana truly like this either. Both of them look very much at “home”.

Speaking of Kingdom Come, there are a few homages and to the DK Universe in this issue as well
    Ah yes.

We still have to have that Diana and Krypto team up one day. How can you have a character who has animal empathy never have had a nice meet up with Krypto? Ideally I would have preferred her with the direwolf version of Krypto too.

If anyone at DC is reading, you folks need to give us a new 52 earth...I not only need need new 52 Clark with new 52 Diana but them reuniting with direwolf Krypto. Have them on space adventures. Clark with no id too would be ideal.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Wait... what homages to KC? I didn't notice anything. 🤔

Ah yes.

We still have to have that Diana and Krypto team up one day. How can you have a character who has animal empathy never have had a nice meet up with Krypto? Ideally I would have preferred her with the direwolf version of Krypto too.

If anyone at DC is reading, you folks need to give us a new 52 earth...I not only need need new 52 Clark with new 52 Diana but them reuniting with direwolf Krypto. Have them on space adventures. Clark with no id too would be ideal.
    OMG! Yes! Dire wolf Krypto was great! He was still very fluffy and sweet lol
    So much potential lost....smh

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Wait... what homages to KC? I didn't notice anything. 🤔
    Here is one that’s noticeable

Last edited by LoveStar; 12-15-2018 at 11:25 AM.

Maybe these creators understand the immigrant and "outsider" perspective in that they know being from Brazil ( a melting pot of people) that culture is what it is. A collective of ideas and customs derived from an area one lives but it does not define one's humanity or feelings and emotions. No matter where you are from earth or race, religion, orientation, we ALL have the capacity for love, hope, compassion, etc and all have ideals and aspirations. To try to set one group above others...ie a more superior group ( the west usually) in the world
    ie they the best at truth, or journalism or science or intellectual thought or freedom...is borne out of ignorance and arrogance.

Every country in the world have heroes and people, be they from the higher echelons of society, middle class or grassroots,...all want the same thing. It's usually happiness and justice and freedom etc. How they all go about it can vary but Chico's family are simple folk and would be culturally different from the Kents. But they are similar too. You see the love they have for each other and their son and how hard they work and how hospitable they are. I'd say maybe Chico might be a less privileged child than a little Clark because of the fact one was born in Latin America and the other in the American Midwest . But does not make Chico less able to empathize and understand. Fact the less you have and the more you give and open your heart says much about you. All levels and all races and all countries have people who fight for freedom , put themselves at enormous risk, have no safety nets or people to rescue them all the time, sacrifice and have tons of humanity. They work quietly and humbly without need for prizes, unsung heroes, they stay and don't run off on people that need them so they can be comfortable. These are the hallmarks of real heroes and every race and culture have them.

Clark and Diana might be different but they connect with Chico and his family. And Clark's alienness or Diana's roots and background should never be reasons used why they need to be placed in certain relationships . That has nothing to do with anything. They both grew up, live and function on earth. They are already humanized because they feel and want and need and fear. They get tired too. Mental tiredness must be very hard on them. The things they have to do and endure not many other people do. And you need downtime it is true. But I think you need someone who understands how you feel and what this downtime means to you because they walk in your shoes. This is why this story with Clark and Diana together is good. They could have done him and Batman but they choose him and Diana because you know its two people that need this and they definitely will have a relaxing time together. I have hated in recent times the xenophobic ideas pushed by usually some Superman writers about Diana. And to some extent even Clark. Watering down his heritage just to prop tradition. I think they really don't understand what it means to be Clark. And usually make him out to be this guy who values his heritage less but happy to use what it gives him to praise and save one set of people. Someone like Superman should never even be propping humans only. Here is a man who can travel the universe and meet many different beings and see wondrous things and I am to believe he still sings about one group only as better and waves flags and talks about wars that now are viewed as unjust. It's a mind set that is very old fashioned and arrogant. SM and WW should be universal and all embracing and this simple story aimed at children demonstrated that well. Kudos to the creators.
    Well said, Hellacre.

I didn't expect a children's comic book to generate much discussion. 😆

Here is one that’s noticeable

Nice homage. It's one of my favourites Supes' image and I haven't noticed it at first looking at the Brazilian comic. 😅

Ah yes.

SM and WW have so many possibilities, she fits so well in his world, she can get on so well with his family that I believe DC has more work avoiding such situations than trying to find out where Diana could possibly fit in. Diana would have gotten along with Martha, with Jonathan, Krypto, would have enough understanding to live in Krypton if it were necessary, would live well on a farm or in the city ...

A bar themed (or bathroom themed? 🤔 ) post no one was asking for... 😅

"Have you been to Benny’s Breakfast Bar yet? If not - GO!! It’s amazing! Not only do they amazing food (swipe to see the size of those homemade super soft waffles) but their bathrooms sign is 👍. Superman or Wonder Woman?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqyYSNDn6wE/

"LOVE actually... 😉 It’s just a pic I took in a pub in Gdańsk (Poland) - somebody drew it on the door 🙂 #superman #wonderwoman #together #love #powercouple #destiny"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRO14oA3O8/

"#wcsigns #restroomsigns #bathroomsign #washroomsign #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrK8MoVgDKQ/

SM and WW have so many possibilities, she fits so well in his world, she can get on so well with his family that I believe DC has more work avoiding such situations than trying to find out where Diana could possibly fit in. Diana would have gotten along with Martha, with Jonathan, Krypto, would have enough understanding to live in Krypton if it were necessary, would live well on a farm or in the city ...
    This is why Diana understands all sides of him. She understands the “outsider” aspect, being of two worlds. She understands the “farm life” being an “island girl”. These character details are often ignored or glossed over but these details matter because you can dive so much deeper into the characters giving more possibilities.

A bar themed (or bathroom themed? 🤔 ) post no one was asking for... 😅

"Have you been to Benny’s Breakfast Bar yet? If not - GO!! It’s amazing! Not only do they amazing food (swipe to see the size of those homemade super soft waffles) but their bathrooms sign is 👍. Superman or Wonder Woman?"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqyYSNDn6wE/

"LOVE actually... 😉 It’s just a pic I took in a pub in Gdańsk (Poland) - somebody drew it on the door 🙂 #superman #wonderwoman #together #love #powercouple #destiny"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRO14oA3O8/

"#wcsigns #restroomsigns #bathroomsign #washroomsign #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrK8MoVgDKQ/
    These sign posts show up quite often
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-15-2018 at 05:16 PM.

This is why Diana understands all sides of him. She understands the “outsider” aspect, being of two worlds. She understands the “farm life” being an “island girl”. These character details are often ignored or glossed over but these details matter because you can dive so much deeper into the characters giving more possibilities.
    DC writers aren't really encouraged to bridge Diana and Clark's worlds. The characters aren't part of the same series, so why bother? 🙁

DC writers aren't really encouraged to bridge Diana and Clark's worlds. The characters aren't part of the same series, so why bother? ��
    I would agree with you if this was something they applied to all characters but they don't. They very well insert Batman everywhere, even when he don't logically belong. They team people up when it suits them and those who have their agendas...namely who might ship Diana with heroes not of her series...curiously find reasons why they should cross worlds. Even when its trite reasons.

Look at what their TV verses do. They break every rule in the book and bring in characters from other series and sometimes even ignore what should be in terms of the comic history for their new vision. Even the movie verses decided Diana was besties with anyone but Superman. It's double standards. Soule was doing it pretty well and got stopped in his tracks. There is an agenda against SMWW for whatever reason. Yes it might be due to movie synergy but now movie synergy has flopped, we will see if this will carry on.

Frank Miller is one who flouts rules and in his DK verse he melds many verses. People might say well that is non canon. Well there are the team up books and the other series that do it that use the wider DCU as its sandbox. From Teen Titans to Bombshells to Earth 2 to Injustice to Batman Beyond etc . When I think of some of the stuff I have read....smh. DC have humans with no warrior training pretending they can impress New Gods and fighting them as if they are seasoned warriors yet they refuse to let what is logical happen, use the elements of SM and WW worlds to create new fresh stories that don't require jumping the shark. And we have been asking for smww in a non canon series to happen. Like new 52 SMWW who, if there was any respect for creative process, should still be alive and on their earth. And writers could have a chance to visit with them for the fans that appreciate them because there are those fans out there.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-16-2018 at 10:56 AM.

Article about the Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil

Monica’s Gang is America’s best selling comic… it just happens to mostly sell in South America, with around a 400,000 circulation. Created by Mauricio de Sousa and based on a newspaper comic strip from 1959, over the years the series has gained a large audience, with new characters constantly being added to the lineup, spinning off. Jimmy Five (Cebolinha) and Monica into her own comic book, Monica’s Gang. The stories revolve around the adventures of Monica and her many friends in a fictional neighborhood known as “Lemon Tree” inspired by the neighborhood of Cambuí, in Campinas and the city of Mogi das Cruzes, where de Sousa spent his childhood.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ampaign=buffer

No plans to publish this set of crossover comics in the USA. For now, at least.
    Hoping this changes soon! Because it needs to be!