Page 265 of 281 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,975 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    "Wondering Woman" 😅
    No... 😒

Yeah, I guess so. A character whose history is a retcon after another become hard to take seriously after a while.
    Backpedaling, retcons, repeating the same stories, forced contrived nonsense and off panel development...I can’t take them serious at all.

The pic was followed by this one below with the same background (I've already posted it). They were probably prepared for kissing not to face a threat approaching. 🤣
    Oh!!! This is even sweeter then. Another moment, now with figures, of SMWW having a moment of peace, enjoying the view.

Characterizations that differ from writer to writer are the norm in comics. You can't have a character written 100% the same under two different writers.
    It was a problem also and especially during the new52 days, when editors and writers couldn't sit around the same table to decide who these "new" WW and SM were.
    But at least in new52 Diana had her home. She knew who she was despite the “lies” and dysfunction between the Amazons and the Gods. I don’t count the purposely OOC nonsense for conflict. Her characterization was a bit more consistent until the very end trying to force in the start of rebirth. I think more of the problem also was caused by writers not trying to understand these new versions being more modernized and younger. Were trying to keep them held back with the old, which they are still doing and it hasn’t helped very much at all.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Backpedaling, retcons, repeating the same stories, forced contrived nonsense and off panel development...I can’t take them serious at all.
    Hater!!! 😆 There are a bunch of things they did with SM and WW recently that it's like they are doing stuff for the sake of retconning it later. 🤣

Oh!!! This is even sweeter then. Another moment, now with figures, of SMWW having a moment of peace, enjoying the view.
    They need a rest sometimes.

But at least in new52 Diana had her home. She knew who she was despite the “lies” and dysfunction between the Amazons and the Gods. I don’t count the purposely OOC nonsense for conflict. Her characterization was a bit more consistent until the very end trying to force in the start of rebirth. I think more of the problem also was caused by writers not trying to understand these new versions being more modernized and younger. Were trying to keep them held back with the old, which they are still doing and it hasn’t helped very much at all.
    That's true too but you had writers like Perez that didn't know wth Morrison was writing in the other SM book, and Azzarello and Johns that were writing 2 different Wonder Woman. I think it was Soule that found a balance (finally).

Hater!!! 😆 There are a bunch of things they did with SM and WW recently that it's like they are doing stuff for the sake of retconning it later. 🤣
    LOL! See? So how is that being a hater? It’s just stating facts and truths ;P

They need a rest sometimes.
    They decide to take a rest together hehe

That's true too but you had writers like Perez that didn't know wth Morrison was writing in the other SM book, and Azzarello and Johns that were writing 2 different Wonder Woman. I think it was Soule that found a balance (finally).
    Needed...need more writers like Soule. He found the balance between new and old. His Diana was fierce/confident, didn’t take anyone’s crap but still very soft and loving. Clark was very neutral, laid back..had some swagger but wasn’t a self righteous boyscout.

SMWW continues to be advertised/promoted together with merch.
    Chickeeduck Children’s Clothing Store in Hong Kong featuring Superman and Wonder Woman

More pics on their Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/chickeeduck.hk/?__tn__=%2Cg
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/chickeeduck1990/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-18-2018 at 07:48 AM.

I know, I know. 😅

Needed...need more writers like Soule. He found the balance between new and old. His Diana was fierce/confident, didn’t take anyone’s crap but still very soft and loving. Clark was very neutral, laid back..had some swagger but wasn’t a self righteous boyscout.
    I wholeheartedly agree.

Chickeeduck Children’s Clothing Store in Hong Kong featuring Superman and Wonder Woman

Well, I guess merch is where they can never be separated. 🤔

They decide to take a rest together hehe

WOW. An entire store with a SMWW theme. One would easily wonder how is it they did not go with Batman and Wonder Woman. Seeing Batman IS King. and Wonder Woman is their best selling female. Or Aquaman and Mera as they are making waves as a real power couple for DC or a Marvel coupling. But it is SMWW. Because there is something about this pair. They are truly iconic. Together and alone, equals and independent and a perfect team. The best inspiration for children who see them as parents and also see themselves in them. DC and WB are the only ones who seem oblivious. For me any child growing up seeing these two as role models be it as people or even what they should aspire for in a partner...is a great thing. It teaches them self worth and that they should value positive traits over dysfunctional ones and that you find your equal, never settle for less. Too often little girls get the prince or white knight will come rescue you shoved down our throats as the ultimate dream which is rather cliched nowadays. And the love triangle crap is very dysfunctional no matter how you try to package it. It's as stupid as the good girl/bad boy troupe. If you see two capable heroes working side by side, respecting each other, and saving the world together...it send imo a better message. Marston was right.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    WOW. An entire store with a SMWW theme. One would easily wonder how is it they did not go with Batman and Wonder Woman. Seeing Batman IS King. and Wonder Woman is their best selling female. Or Aquaman and Mera as they are making waves as a real power couple for DC or a Marvel coupling. But it is SMWW. Because there is something about this pair. They are truly iconic. Together and alone, equals and independent and a perfect team. The best inspiration for children who see them as parents and also see themselves in them. DC and WB are the only ones who seem oblivious. For me any child growing up seeing these two as role models be it as people or even what they should aspire for in a partner...is a great thing. It teaches them self worth and that they should value positive traits over dysfunctional ones and that you find your equal, never settle for less. Too often little girls get the prince or white knight will come rescue you shoved down our throats as the ultimate dream which is rather cliched nowadays. And the love triangle crap is very dysfunctional no matter how you try to package it. It's as stupid as the good girl/bad boy troupe. If you see two capable heroes working side by side, respecting each other, and saving the world together...it send imo a better message. Marston was right.
    Superman and Wonder Woman are the ultimate male and female superheroes. As Patty Jenkins said "what Superman is to boys, I feel that Wonder Woman is to girls."
    As face of your products, you can't have a better pair than that. 😎

I know, I know. ��

I wholeheartedly agree.

Well, I guess merch is where they can never be separated. ��
    It is where DC and WB make their most dollars and yet they have their heads buried in the sand.

Superman vs Wonder Woman!!! XD

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq8L24ZHhkm/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-18-2018 at 11:40 AM.

It is where DC and WB make their most dollars and yet they have their heads buried in the clouds.
    If you look at the concepts they push in the comics, they can't even translate into merch. "Trinity" products for him, her and the other? Hell no. 😅

Lol at Superman's face in the 2nd pic. 🤣 Is that one of their dates?
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-18-2018 at 11:39 AM.

If you look at the concepts they push in the comics, they can't even translate into merch. "Trinity" products for him, her and the other? Hell no. ��

You can get a bookend with Batman in the middle as king with his 2 lackeys. Or we could pretend he is the third wheel. But Trinity bombed in comics. TWICE. That series by Buseik alone should have been a warning to Rebirth. There is nothing in that JL can't provide. It does not in any way replicate what SMWW or BMSM brought. And then it was not even a Trinity when Manapul wrote it. It was a SM book guest starring BM and WW. People are not stupid. From a marketing pov SMWW is something unique to DC than not even Marvel has and DC and WB are failing miserably at capitalizing on it.

Well, I guess merch is where they can never be separated. ��
    They sell together period...so why is this being made so difficult respecting the impact the pairing has made and obviously still making...

Yeah, the irony of all of this...

Superman and Wonder Woman are the ultimate male and female superheroes. As Patty Jenkins said "what Superman is to boys, I feel that Wonder Woman is to girls."
    As face of your products, you can't have a better pair than that. ��
    And again... what a dream come true it would be for Patty to direct a Wonder Woman/Superman movie

Lol at Superman's face in the 2nd pic. �� Is that one of their dates?
    Hahaha
    I believe so! It’s so sweet seeing couples having fun as SMWW!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-18-2018 at 11:43 AM.

SMWW imagery on the whole is very empowering. Even when Diana has to carry or hold him or fight him or vice versa. There is reciprocation or the knowledge that these are equals. I can imagine cosplayers have a great time being them. Must be why they are a popular theme for cosplay too.

You can get a bookend with Batman in the middle as king with his 2 lackeys. Or we could pretend he is the third wheel. But Trinity bombed in comics. TWICE. That series by Buseik alone should have been a warning to Rebirth. There is nothing in that JL can't provide. It does not in any way replicate what SMWW or BMSM brought. And then it was not even a Trinity when Manapul wrote it. It was a SM book guest starring BM and WW. People are not stupid. From a marketing pov SMWW is something unique to DC than not even Marvel has and DC and WB are failing miserably at capitalizing on it.
    The Trinity concept still existed (and exists) outside of the failed comic-books with that name, so DC will not scrap it overnight because of series that didn't worked as they hoped. But, yeah, SM/WW is an unique partnership for marketing/merchandise and it was since the 70s as I far as I know.

They sell together period...so why is this being made so difficult respecting the impact the pairing has made and obviously still making...
    Yeah, I'd say that if companies sell licensed products that market SM/WW as a duo or couple, WB/DC should acknowledge the partnership in-story. 🤔

And again... what a dream come true it would be for Patty to direct a Wonder Woman/Superman movie
    Of course. Imagine Wonder Gal meeting Superman played by a new actor: "Kal? Hmm, you look so different." 😝

Hahaha
    I believe so! It’s so sweet seeing couples having fun as SMWW!
    I'm still worried about the safety of these Supermen who are constantly beaten by their Wonder Girlfriends/Wives. 🤣
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-18-2018 at 12:12 PM.

Yeah, I'd say that if companies sell licensed products that market SM/WW as a duo or couple, WB/DC should acknowledge the partnership in-story. 🤔
    Out of continuity book, tabloid concept we’ve talked about, or bestiebae slow burn tease concept are the options to go in story. It’s not that hard at all.

Of course. Imagine Wonder Gal meeting Superman played by a new actor: "Kal? Hmm, you look so different." 😝
    🤔Overdone CGI?

I'm still worried about the safety of these Supermen who are constantly beaten by their Wonder Girlfriends/Wives. 🤣
    Their wonder girlfriends/wives are teaching them how to fight as warriors
    They don’t mind as long as they get kissed later

Out of continuity book, tabloid concept we’ve talked about, or bestiebae slow burn tease concept are the options to go in story. It’s not that hard at all.
    Of course, it's not that hard as what you listed is what DC did for decades. They should just embrace their history again. 😉

🤔Overdone CGI?
    LOL. Nah, just the recasting. 😉

Their wonder girlfriends/wives are teaching them how to fight as warriors
    They don’t mind as long as they get kissed later
    Are you sure? I perceive a lot of suffering from these images. C'mon, look at this... 🤣