Page 41 of 281 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The Superfriends cartoon as all cartoons around that time did not have overt romance and were more innocent but SM and WW often teamed up. Could easily be observed them close to each other and their team ups had cute moments of him flying with her or her carrying him etc. So if you were a kid...you tended to like them together. They seemed right together. And this episode Superman is hit with a fright ray and he's scared of everything, even a cat and heights etc. Lol. It's cute. Diana is his protector.
    Thanks, it's good to hear that they often teamed-up in the series.
    I read people claim to have shipped SM/WW since Superfriends, so I was asking for more insight.

Thanks also for providing a context to mansel-in-distress Superman.

Is there any specific episode to recommend to SM/WW fans?

This was another very good smww team up for the time it was done..ie 1988. Unsurprisingly Diana knew his secret id. I mean that's how it's always been. He never lied to Diana. As a viewer you would infer he had told her his secret a while back and he did not even hesitate to help her. Lois was not pleased when he left her without an explanation. He also had that confidence I liked and was very comfortable being Superman. The sitting on the Daily Planet globe and just talking too...cool visual moments.
    Yeah, it's a really nice episode (unlike Superfriends, I watched the Ruby Spears series some years ago).
    Glad that among all DC characters, Diana is the character with whom Superman has teamed up in the series.

1988. It's interesting...we got this kiss since then. Plus the Amazons clearly respect and like him.
    Hippolyta approves him.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2018 at 01:54 AM.

Wow. Diana is so lovely and what is also clever is Clark/Supes part in this art. He took the pic and his glasses lying on it with what is his handwriting and a heart. Very Cute.
    A beautiful piece of art, very appropriate for the current summer season.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    In answer to the question posted in hellyeahsmww about this pic:
    The artist is known as Freedom XI. Part of a creative studio called Elements of Power based in Shanghai, China. His art can be found here along with the full version of this piece: https://www.artstation.com/freedomxi

tadaa!
    Oh, look who show up after so much time.

A wider shot of that art. You can see Clark and Diana written in the sand.

Ah, nice detail. Thanks for pointing it out.
    Another detail that may have gone unnoticed is Superman reflected on Diana's bracelet as he takes a picture of her.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2018 at 01:40 AM.

I love Spirit of Truth because it showcases some of the best WW art by Alex Ross and Diana's life as a warrior, diplomat, daughter, amazon , hero etc and Clark's cameo in it and Diana's connection to him as a very close friend and ally was really appreciated. I wished the DCEU could have taken some cues from this but they opted for something else. But once again the source material shows Clark and Diana's bond. Diana says it...“I thought you alone. Of all my allies. Would best understand what I’ve been trying to achieve.”
    It's amazing to me there are some who still outright deny that smww have anything in common and would never understand each other's aspirations or even share them. Clark and Diana are kindred spirits. Have always been.
    Are there still people who deny that SM and WW have something in common after Patty Jenkins spent all of her film's promotion talking about their similarities?

Speaking of Patty's movie... after watching it, there were also people, a lot of people, who saw Diana as more true to Superman's spirit than Cavill's character, and begging for Patty to direct the next Superman movie. That was a majority compared to the people in denial that you refer to.

I did not enjoy it at all. I thought Superman sounded passive aggressive and jerkish. It's one thing breaking them up for no good reason...it's another having Clark do things like chide her for calling him Clark as if she is stupid etc...like since when would Clark ever even do that? Nowhere in comics. Nowhere. Not to mention speaking to her in an antagonistic manner. If they can't convince smww fans of this so called friendship then its clear they don't even care how it went down. All the excuses they had to break them up etc...even if I bought it...the actual back and forth between Clark and Diana, in this movie is very disappointing. I can actually accept the Action 600 them deciding to keep it platonic since Diana was very green etc but this for me after showing their relationship progressing to a level of trust and openness etc..this reeks of laziness and DC's spitefulness. Just look at comments on Youtube uploads at their sparring scene. .People are like, what happened? I thought they were together. Why did they break up? Since when he love someone else etc. But I shouldn't be surprised. It's Tomasi after all.
    Don't blame Tomasi. It wasn't his decision to break them up off-screen. Heck, not even the producer James Tucker had power over this decision.

Young Justice seemed a bit smww friendly as well. They were always by each other's side.

Even if they aren't among the main characters in the series, these little gestures like Diana touching Clark's hand, etc, show to those familiar with the source material that their closeness have been respected by the people who made the show.
    We'll see if we'll get other brief moments like these ones when the series returns.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2018 at 04:43 AM.

I love, love, LOVE the look on Diana's face in Spirit of Truth when Clark made the Perfect comment and she's like: Do you think I'm perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I love, love, LOVE the look on Diana's face in Spirit of Truth when Clark made the Perfect comment and she's like: Do you think I'm perfect?
    Alex Ross is great to convey emotions/reactions. Probably, using photos as reference is what really help him.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    This fan-art is really appropriate after the Superfriends talk of the previous pages.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2018 at 05:38 AM.

I love Spirit of Truth because it showcases some of the best WW art by Alex Ross and Diana's life as a warrior, diplomat, daughter, amazon , hero etc and Clark's cameo in it and Diana's connection to him as a very close friend and ally was really appreciated. I wished the DCEU could have taken some cues from this but they opted for something else. But once again the source material shows Clark and Diana's bond. Diana says it...“I thought you alone. Of all my allies. Would best understand what I’ve been trying to achieve.”
    It's amazing to me there are some who still outright deny that smww have anything in common and would never understand each other's aspirations or even share them. Clark and Diana are kindred spirits. Have always been.

This is the kind of content DC is lacking and need. Thank you for another example of why their relationship is so important. Kal and Diana aren’t just mouth pieces. What’s said isn’t just said, it’s backed up on the page. Their relationship be it friends or more isn’t given by default. It’s actually worked for, developed in genuine ways and truly earned. The openness, the 100% honesty from the start, no hesitation, no secrets, no holding back. This is the kind of relationship in 2018 is relevant and important, ecspecially with the daily real life couples. It’s funny that in order to break up their dynamic, that’s when things are contrived and forced, lazily done off panel/screen. The separation and this generic stuff is cringeworthy and painfully obvious. LOL It’s unnatural not having them close. It’s also a shame DC is trying to mishmash things that don’t even fit, causes more confusions and contradictions to make this current status quo work.

Don’t have much in common or have too much in common....which is it? LOL it’s called having balance, something that’s rare and hard to portray now a days.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-24-2018 at 05:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Are there still people who deny that SM and WW have something in common after Patty Jenkins spent all of her film's promotion talking about their similarities?

Speaking of Patty's movie... after watching it, there were also people, a lot of people, who saw Diana as more true to Superman's spirit than Cavill's character, and begging for Patty to direct the next Superman movie. That was a majority compared to the people in denial that you refer to.

Even if they aren't among the main characters in the series, these little gestures like Diana touching Clark's hand, etc, show to those familiar with the source material that their closeness have been respected by the people who made the show.
    We'll see if we'll get other brief moments like these ones when the series returns.
    Marston too lol she’s the answer/counterpart/challenge. But details like this are being purposely ignored

Small moments and gestures are the things that truly speak more volume.

A wider shot of that art. You can see Clark and Diana written in the sand.

Oh this is even more perfect now know the back detail!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Small moments and gestures are the things that truly speak more volume.
    Here's a video of a scene in the collage posted by Hellacre...

Can't find the other scenes with them on youtube.

Going back to this image, I’m not sure if it’s been brought up or asked/answered but with the bitten apple, otherworldly setting but yet still just a nature setting, heart leaves, the tree...is the concept of this image a sort of reference to “Adam and Eve”?

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Going back to this image, I’m not sure if it’s been brought up or asked/answered but with the bitten apple, otherworldly setting but yet still just a nature setting, heart leaves, the tree...is the concept of this image a sort of reference to “Adam and Eve”?
    I suppose that it can be seen this way. They are in an alien "Eden" after all.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-24-2018 at 06:00 AM.

Ah, Super/Wonder twins. It would be the best route to give children to Diana and Clark. I've had enough of Jonathans and Laras. Give me also Hippolyta jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Ah, Super/Wonder twins. It would be the best route to give children to Diana and Clark. I've had enough of Jonathans and Laras. Give me also Hippolyta jr.
    That’s an idea I’ve thought of time to time. It’s adorable!
    With names, something very unique either Greek or Kryptonian. Their kid(s) shouldn’t be just copies/2.0s.