Page 209 of 281 FirstFirst ... 109159199205206207208209210211212213219259 ... LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,135 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    I'm curious about this picture. Is SM listening for the heartbeat of his unborn child or begging Diana to protect him from Brainiac (or whatever that monster is) that has arrived via a boom-tube (I am going to assume?). My inquiring mind would like to know.
    Hehe honestly I didn’t think of the former but that’s an idea we all agree on that’s beautiful
    However, it can be both of course! Diana will fight to protect her bae

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    lol. Surprisingly, DCEU Steve is a better fleshed out character than Superman. Despite both sacrificing themselves and dying as "soldiers", I was saddened only by Steve's death.
    Agreed.
    Which is why the "resurrection" of SM was also very underwhelming. There was no emotional connection established for me to feel one way or another.

Btw, another missing opportunity was to not tie in-story both deaths in Diana's eyes. Steve/Clark's sacrifices have obvious parallels and it would've been nice to see them explicitly linked.
    In regards to the tie-in of both deaths from Diana's pov, there was a subtly alluding to it in BvS, when Diana looks up to the sky after having brought down SM's body to the ground. But like you said, it was a missed opportunity to not have gone more in-depth with those deaths, and the impact both would have on her. Especially as it related to the sacrifice of individuals who died fighting to protect others. Something that would certainly speak to her.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Hehe honestly I didn’t think of the former but that’s an idea we all agree on that’s beautiful
    However, it can be both of course! Diana will fight to protect her bae
    LOL. Right?
    Either way is very plausible.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Superwoman and Wonder Man by Rysketches:

"duela-quinzel asked: What do you think of the idea of Genderbent!Superman x Wonder Woman?"

"I’ve actually thought about that… but never did anything with it. Personally love it lol"

https://www.instagram.com/rysketchess/

WC art (Diana is always there when Clark needs help, lol):

"Your favorite super heroes when you are in need"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpM270TBVpK/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 03:57 PM.

Tee-hee. I guess not everyone is excited about the "underpants" being back?? ((insert smirk)).
    Haha! Nope not at all! When even the dog has a problem with them...it’s a problem! But maybe Wonder Woman can take them and hide them
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-21-2018 at 03:37 PM.

I think Superman will get to be popular again when they'll make him looking cool/badass/fun, etc. to the modern audience.

Welcome back, LadyP. I was expecting a response about Moore's proposal sooner or later as you were one of those who asked me to post excerpts of it. We are all in agreement on the "Superwoman" thing as we love Diana/Wonder Woman for who she is.
    LOL. Sorry it took so long?
    We must certainly do.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    This script is from a time where WW was not as popular as now, if by chance is adapted nowadays I do not believe that he would keep Diana under the name of Superwoman.
    I guess so. And I would hope not.

Heh...while it is depressing. Tragic end. It’s still a very interesting concept that I think could be a classic. Controversial, yes, and bringing about a lot of discussion. Though I do agree that some things in this story could be done without
    Most certainly. I just can do without a depressing story-line such as this at that moment.
    Give me Kingdom Come any day. I need hope kept alive.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Now there are many custom and unlicensed Superman/Wonder Woman phone cases...but I found 3 OFFICIALLY LICENSED by DC Comics.

We know this one. It's sold in WB Shop. Love the name. True Romance!
    https://www.wbshop.com/products/wond...one-and-galaxy
    Well well well. So they acknowledge that SMWW is a true romance? Heh!
    I would get this phone case if they had it in wallet style. I like to have my phone fully covered and secured. God knows my phone has been saved from serious damage with the way it falls due to my having a wallet type phone case. :/

My heart may have fluttered a bit a these gif sets. It yearns for SMWW to be fully realized on the big screen as they deserve to be. Sigh
    One day, this superwondrous special couple would get the love and respect they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I keep thinking this. That it benefits them no matter what. Especially separately. As it is sales for TWO franchises than one combined. BUT DC/WB can't so shortsighted. The idea that they would stop teasing the concept and just abandon it ...would be stupid on their part. The having their cake and eating it benefits them. I predict they will eventually tease SMWW again just to have it dangling out there and keep in it the public consciousness so they could benefit from the merch bought together. Consider all the images you all shared here in the last months...all were bought in mind with SMWW as a concept together. They might have never bought them or put them together if DC had not done its teasing. It's like you will rarely find people randomly putting WW with say Flash or GL because they really have no connection in a romantic sense. There has been SMWW shipping since the Superfriends and with comics. Ther is a kind of subliminal message sent that these two belong together. I also notice DC Entertainment has the SMWW merch under WW. Even the reading material for WW includes SMWW books. And the SMWW relationship is acknowledged in WW history in the Essential WW etc. I'd be interested to know if they give Diana the same respect under the SM stuff. Something tells me they don't. And for this it gives me enormous satisfaction than WW is doing better than SM currently because the fact that they disregard her importance to his history is unfair. She is important and has played many a memorable role in many of his stories.
    All of this right here. And especially the bolded. Sorry I have no eloquent words to add further. But yes, yes, and yes. I just yearn for when they will need to eat humble pie with they way they try to disregard Diana from SM's narrartive as if she has not played a large part in it as both his lover and his friend. It's the type of dismissive attitude towards Diana that tends to grind my wheels. However, the success of her movie showed she is not a character to be dismissed or treated anyhow. I just hope that she keeps soaring.

LOL. Sorry it took so long?
    Like an eternity?

My heart may have fluttered a bit a these gif sets. It yearns for SMWW to be fully realized on the big screen as they deserve to be. Sigh
    One day, this superwondrous special couple would get the love and respect they deserve.
    Bringing Super-Wonder to the big screen and to do it right would be the definitive consecration of SM/WW as a pop culture couple. Why isn't it yet happened?

All of this right here. And especially the bolded. Sorry I have no eloquent words to add further. But yes, yes, and yes. I just yearn for when they will need to eat humble pie with they way they try to disregard Diana from SM's narrartive as if she has not played a large part in it as both his lover and his friend. It's the type of dismissive attitude towards Diana that tends to grind my wheels. However, the success of her movie showed she is not a character to be dismissed or treated anyhow. I just hope that she keeps soaring.
    She definitely will.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 04:08 PM.

It's more and more noticeable that Halloween is getting closer.

In regards to the tie-in of both deaths from Diana's pov, there was a subtly alluding to it in BvS, when Diana looks up to the sky after having brought down SM's body to the ground. But like you said, it was a missed opportunity to not have gone more in-depth with those deaths, and the impact both would have on her. Especially as it related to the sacrifice of individuals who died fighting to protect others. Something that would certainly speak to her.
    I'd like to know if there was something more explicit in Snyder's version of JL before Whedon rewrote/reshooted 1/3 of the movie because Zack himself hinted that Diana would be partly inspired by Superman's sacrifice:

"[Humanity] has its moments, but it can be brutal, and her coming to terms with that dichotomy is what we come to learn about her. And in Justice League, she's fully evolved into someone who's embraced mankind, partly through Superman's sacrifice. She's like, 'All right, I've got to pick it up,'"

https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/wonder-wom...snyder-1599990

I've had enough to see pics of these two. /kidding

It's more and more noticeable that Halloween is getting closer.

I've had enough to see pics of these two. /kidding
    Yes....yes it is!!! **que Jaws theme**

HAHA!!!!!!! They are becoming a very popular cosplay couple fast!

Beautiful recreation of JL 12 “The Kiss” cover 2
    The SMWW Kiss truly seems to have become an iconic image. I'm so proud of our couple.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."