Page 202 of 281 FirstFirst ... 102152192198199200201202203204205206212252 ... LastLast
Results 3,016 to 3,030 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    As a couple and as parents too! I do not remember a story where SMWW are presented as parents, I say a developed story, I know several "children" have already been presented but I do not remember a complete story.
    Yeah, lots of children see their parents as Superman and Wonder Woman. There’s even a quote about that I see posted from time to time. No ideas where it originated from it it’s awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

The ones that I recall appeared around the time of their date in the late 80s and WW #226 is full of tabloid covers/titles about them. That tabloids and people talk about them as a couple was also often referenced in various issues of both characters series.

They're start feeling like those songs that you keep hearing and get into your head.
    Ah, I’ve seen that one before.
    Seriously, this is the kind of story needed to fit in with the now. Meta commentary even to compare to real life celeb couples.

Hahaha! It’s a fabulously popular and catchy song

As a couple and as parents too! I do not remember a story where SMWW are presented as parents, I say a developed story, I know several "children" have already been presented but I do not remember a complete story.
    DK3. We've seen them parent separately but they still had an important role to play. Diana handled Lara at her most rebellious and for me was a very good mother figure. She had to deal with Lara at a very tough time while having a small son and being a Queen of her people. Clark got it a little easier as he has Lara when she is older and more settled on learning about who she was. A SMWW co parenting would require a writer that looks at the kid as SM AND WW child.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Ah, I’ve seen that one before.
    Seriously, this is the kind of story needed to fit in with the now. Meta commentary even to compare to real life celeb couples.
    I feel it's even more apt in this day and age of social media and people taking pics of everything and everybody with their smartphone. I can imagine Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship being also a source of online speculations in the DC Universe. So meta.

Hahaha! It’s a fabulously popular and catchy song
    After a while, it get tiring to hear the same song.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-18-2018 at 01:15 PM.

I feel it's even more apt in this day and age of social media and people taking pics of everything and everybody with their smartphone. I can imagine Superman and Wonder Woman's relationship being also a source of online speculations in the DC Universe. So meta.

After a while, it get tiring to hear the same song.
    Wasn’t that pretty much what Soule was doing. Even with the news52 I think it was called or Cat and Clark’s blog. Civilians trying to take pics or video with their phones every time SMWW is spotted in public, hoping if lucky can catch a kiss or them holding hands etc. even public dates like how Kal took Diana to the diner in jl 14.

Hahaha! We gonna remix the song

Wasn’t that pretty much what Soule was doing. Even with the news52 I think it was called or Cat and Clark’s blog. Civilians trying to take pics or video with their phones every time SMWW is spotted in public, hoping if lucky can catch a kiss or them holding hands etc. even public dates like how Kal took Diana to the diner in jl 14.
    Yeah, they played in some issues with the public reaction to them being an actual couple. Also, when their relationship became public, DC made it appear on the Channel 52 news in all the comics they published that month.

Hahaha! We gonna remix the song
    lol.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-18-2018 at 01:32 PM.

Superman: Red Son, Mark Millar and Dave Johnson’s Elseworlds tale of a world where Superman’s rocket landed not in Kansas, but in the Soviet Union, is one of the most acclaimed Superman stories of all times, and now it’s coming to Free Comic Book Day! Cryptozoic Entertainment celebrates the story with a PREVIEWS Exclusive Teekeez: Red Son Superman & Wonder Woman Vinyl Figure 2-Pack. Will only be available in extremely limited quantities on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from participating Free Comic Book Day stores.

https://dccollectors.com/2018/10/18/...eez-announced/

“I'm not a girl to save, but you're my superhero!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpEc2EbC7uP/

"A simple tribute to my dear friends and brothers @dancostarh and @ sandro.soares.9674 based on two of my favorite pop culture characters."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFkl77HmRu/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-18-2018 at 01:58 PM.

Yeah, they played in some issues with the public reaction to them being an actual couple. Also, when their relationship became public, DC made it appear on the Channel 52 news in all the comics they published that month.
    Yep! And that was a brilliant idea adding more pressure to their relationship and natural conflict because you have people even more so either for and against them, not only as a couple butbeven as individuals. A little more vulnerable to villains,, an obsessed fan turns villianness etc... possibilities...possibilities

Although we do not have the couple in any book at the moment and DC avoid saying in their name, we are living a strong moment ... more and more couples cosplay them, do wedding ceremonies and birthday with them, cakes, children's parties, licensed or unlicensed products. SMWW is more alive than ever in the place where it matters most, in the minds of fans.
    Good point, this is what I always say about Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Man Forum. Her level of popularity is insane you can tell so by the amount of merchandise she sells along with the number of cosplayers/people who dress up as her on Halloween. The same general principle applies to SMWW I contend and as you have pointed out.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Superman: Red Son, Mark Millar and Dave Johnson’s Elseworlds tale of a world where Superman’s rocket landed not in Kansas, but in the Soviet Union, is one of the most acclaimed Superman stories of all times, and now it’s coming to Free Comic Book Day! Cryptozoic Entertainment celebrates the story with a PREVIEWS Exclusive Teekeez: Red Son Superman & Wonder Woman Vinyl Figure 2-Pack. Will only be available in extremely limited quantities on Saturday, May 4, 2019 from participating Free Comic Book Day stores.

https://dccollectors.com/2018/10/18/...eez-announced/
    lol at those faces. Oh, and they are sold together too. Cool.

“I'm not a girl to save, but you're my superhero!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpEc2EbC7uP/
    Despite being just the pic of two bottles of water, the caption adds value to it. hehe.

"A simple tribute to my dear friends and brothers @dancostarh and @ sandro.soares.9674 based on two of my favorite pop culture characters."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFkl77HmRu/
    Another beautiful caricature made by a really talented artist (I'm just checking his page). Thank for sharing it, I love seeing these kind of arts.

Yep! And that was a brilliant idea adding more pressure to their relationship and natural conflict because you have people even more so either for and against them, not only as a couple butbeven as individuals. A little more vulnerable to villains,, an obsessed fan turns villianness etc... possibilities...possibilities
    Yeah, there're a lot of story ideas that can come from it. Sadly, after the set up in the New52, the consequences of their relationship becoming public were never explored.

lol at those faces. Oh, and they are sold together too. Cool.

Despite being just the pic of two bottles of water, the caption adds value to it. hehe.

Another beautiful caricature made by a really talented artist (I'm just checking his page). Thank for sharing it, I love seeing these kind of arts.

Yeah, there're a lot of story ideas that can come from it. Sadly, after the set up in the New52, the consequences of their relationship becoming public were never explored.
    Lol they are cute in their own unique kind of way! And of course they are sold together

To think that even with water bottles, people get into deep feelings when associated with SMWW...wow

Yes! Love it and yet another couple with DCEU costumes

more cuting

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Good point, this is what I always say about Spider-Gwen in the Spider-Man Forum. Her level of popularity is insane you can tell so by the amount of merchandise she sells along with the number of cosplayers/people who dress up as her on Halloween. The same general principle applies to SMWW I contend and as you have pointed out.
    I like Spider-Gwen! She's the kind of character who has an incredible sense of humor and, to be honest, I like her more in movies than MJ! Kkkkkkk Companies have to understand that whoever chooses their ships, their favorite characters are the fans ... nothing forced fits well. I see "couples" who have been together in the comics for years and years and do not even come close to being unanimous or even have a vast majority of fans, the numbers decline years after years.

I like Spider-Gwen! She's the kind of character who has an incredible sense of humor and, to be honest, I like her more in movies than MJ! Kkkkkkk Companies have to understand that whoever chooses their ships, their favorite characters are the fans ... nothing forced fits well. I see "couples" who have been together in the comics for years and years and do not even come close to being unanimous or even have a vast majority of fans, the numbers decline years after years.
    I agree with you on the Peter/Gwen shipping (including a variant of Spider-Gwen who is closer in age to Peter). I like them together so much I actually wrote an AU fanfic devoted to the idea (https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1276833...wined-Destines).

Getting back to SMWW one aspect of the couple's fandom I find interesting is how extremely popular they are with the general public. Many so-called hardcore comic book fans are lukewarm on the couple at best whereas the general population seems to have embraced the concept with gusto. It makes for a fascinating dynamic.
    Last edited by Celgress; 10-18-2018 at 03:59 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Lol they are cute in their own unique kind of way! And of course they are sold together
    As usual they're inseparable, lol.

To think that even with water bottles, people get into deep feelings when associated with SMWW...wow
    I think that's because people share these posts with their partners and write captions that indirectly refer to their own relationship.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-18-2018 at 04:11 PM.

So more SMWW 2 packs of many things despite what DC and WB is doing.

There is a belief that SMWW belong together. Whether it is because you shipped them with the generation that grew up on the Superfriends, you read comics and learned about their dynamic and liked it and felt that Clark and Diana feels a more natural, "obvious" connection because of who they are and what they do, or you keep seeing them put together by artists and merchants etc. And they look right together. The aesthetic is right. Look at many other couples, the way they balance and compliment each other visually.

It's almost like being aware of two beloved people who are your friends and suddenly realizing...hey you know they would actually make a good match ...they have a lot in common, they would understand each other better, they can actually work along side each other with no problem...maybe we should set them up. The constant putting them together to market stuff is also a strong subliminal message that they are a pair.

Then DC actually giving them stories...this changes the game too. It makes what we suspected official. I remember when I first stumbled on KC. I was not into comics at all. I opened the book very curious. Flipping thought it and then I was like...is that Superman?? He has aged up. Hmm, wow, interesting pictures here...this is not the usual SM stuff I ever saw on tv or cartoon. Waait Is he kissing Wonder Woman?! OMG! YES! When did this happen? This is so right!!!!! I need to read this. Rest is history.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-18-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Awe!!! Fabulous art! Penelope has done 2 more pieces of SMWW art right?
    I was checking out Peng Peng's Official site. Reading her posts on the smww art.

On the SMWW playing video games.

this is the most recent addition to my pinups that i bring to conventions with me. originally this was a commission for a client who wanted to see my version of Superman and Wonder Woman from when they were having a coffee break but now are just chillin playing video games together. i thought the idea was super neat and since my hubby and i play video games together all the time, i just immediately connected with the idea. the original commission has aKent Farm box full of Daily Planet newspapers in place of Krypto the Superdog. that version is exclusive to the commissioner and will never be sold to the public.

this was drawn completely digital, from start to finish. i'm getting more and more comfortable sketching directly on the computer versus doing it traditional, then scanning. (this may have something to do with the fact that since i've done the large move, i haven't had a printer/scanner yet.)

i debuted the print at WonderCon this year and it has immediately been a greatest hits. =D

The one of them having coffee was initially for a children's Charity Auction. Hope she does more!!