Page 208 of 281 FirstFirst ... 108158198204205206207208209210211212218258 ... LastLast
Results 3,106 to 3,120 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I want someone to do a AU SMWW or JL type story based on this cover's aesthetic.

And there are so many gorgeous SMWW medieval concepts. Imagine a GOT like scenario. Who will bend the knee.
    Can I nominate you for that Hellacre? I know that you are more than capable.
    This cover art begs for an intriguing story that is provocative in various aspects. I see Wonder Woman issuing a challenge here in which Superman must comply.

What that is, I have no clue. I just know how to read them (and make mental grammatical corrections), not write them.

https://www.instagram.com/juju.sacra...=1ihd140t73w8h

Clark Kent and Wonder Woman came to southern VT a little early this year

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLB1_jA...=1lxkx11rtnhyy

Happy 77th birthday, #WonderWoman!
    To commemorate her first appearance in Dec. 1941’s All-Star Comics #8, here’s a pic of me from #Halloween 2013 (the especially pretty #Superman is my wife, @kimberlyraemiller). I was the first #Israeli Wonder Woman before @gal_gadot!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpM7FmYn...d=kuf7ins2z93l

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Some extracts about the overall plot of Twilight of the Superheroes and the intrigues and conspiracies surrounding the Super-Wonder family:

The Central Plot

This is the main central plot of Twilight, being the story that (Rip) Hunter tells Constantine and that Constantine passes on to the other parties involved, and it deals with the world of the Twilight. I don't have it broken down issue by issue or anything, but the rough shape is something like this: In the middle 1995 or earlier, when society was starting to break down, many of the villains on Earth tried to take advantage of this situation by exploiting the uncertainty and disaster. Incensed by this, the current Justice League decide to go on the offensive for the first time and plan a careful campaign that will remove all the super-villains forever. They enlist the aid of a lot of other superheroes in this, and they are mostly very effective. So effective, in fact, that they begin to be seen as the only effective force for reason and order in a fast crumbling world. This goes to the assembled heroes' heads a little, and in an attempt to secure their new power base they pass a majority motion outlawing aliens from Earth. While this is passed and is rigorously enforced, it is one of the decisions that causes the first serious rift in the ranks of the assembled super-doers, with some small groups like the Titans starting to drift away from the main group. This process continues until the state of the ruling Houses is pretty much as described above, with the House of Secrets containing the only super-villains to survive the purge other than those who reformed, and the House of Lanterns demolished upon Earth and temporarily relocated upon Mars pending the planned secret invasion. At the start of our story proper, there is quite a lot of different activity going on in the various camps.

The Houses of Steel and Thunder, each suffering their own internal stresses, are preparing for the marriage of the delinquent Superboy with Mary Marvel Jr., daughter of the Captain and Mary Sr. This is a development that causes considerable anxiety all over the place: previously, even the two most powerful Houses could not attempt to exert any pressure upon the others for fear that the other Houses would unite against them. Both Houses knew that individually they couldn't hope to take on the assembled might of the Titans, Justice League and others. This preserved a status quo of sorts. However, with the prospect of an alliance in the offing, it seems quite possible that the assembled forces of three people with the power of Superman, four people with the power of Captain Marvel and Wonder Woman into the bargain could easily smash the most firm resistance. This prospect worries both the Houses of Titans and Justice tremendously. It also worries the villains remaining at the House of Secrets who remember back to the purges of the nineties and shudder. [...] The other major party alarmed by the prospect are the assembled alien forces that are conspiring out on the moon of Mars. They don't like the thought of a planet ruled by an unstoppable superhuman elite purely because it might very quickly pose a threat to the aliens' own well-being. [...]

In the Houses themselves, things are unsettled. At the House of Steel, both Superman and Super(Wonder)woman are worried about their delinquent son and his increasingly-difficult-to-conceal tendencies towards sadism and sociopathic behavior. They are also worried about their daughter, who they cannot find a suitable suitor for, since Captain Marvel Jr. doesn't appear to be interested in her. Captain Marvel Jr.'s disinterest is largely due to the fact that he is madly and passionately in love with Mary Marvel Sr. [...]

As things progress, we see the paranoia concerning the coming wedding between the Houses of Steel and Thunder amongst the lesser Houses start to come to a boiling point. The Titans, directed by a ruthless and embittered Nightwing, maybe approach the Justice League proposing that the two Houses should join forces, along with maybe the villains in the House of Secrets, to stand against the possible threat of being overrun by
    the Houses of Steel and Thunder. Maybe an uneasy alliance is formed between the three Houses, although the Houses of Mystery and Tomorrow are not at all interested in joining in. A plan starts to emerge for a massed attack upon the Houses of Steel and Thunder, perhaps even on the wedding day itself, in the hope that both Houses can be eliminated and the country divided up between the victors. [...]

On the wedding day, the planned attack by the Titans, Justice League and villains upon the Houses of Steel and Thunder gets underway. The losses are heavy upon both sides. Wonder Woman (the former Wonder Girl) is killed in battle by Superwoman (formerly Wonder Woman) who is herself killed by Captain Atom. Superboy is also killed, along with most of the Justice League, Titans and super-villains. Captain Marvel, who has been expecting the attack after being warned by Constantine, is unharmed, while Captain Marvel Jr. And Mary Marvel decide to take advantage of the confusion to flee into space, where they hope to make a new home. Supergirl goes with them. This leaves only Captain Marvel and a badly battered Superman standing amongst the bruised and bloodied remnants of an army of beaten superheroes. The attempted coup by the Titans/League has been successfully repulsed, and three Houses lie shattered, but all that remain of the two most powerful Houses of all are the two archetypal superheroes, standing back to back, waiting for what's going to be thrown at them next.

Because at this point of the story, Superman is the only member of the House of Steel left, I'm not going to post excerpts of what happens next, but I'll briefly summarize the ending for the sake of not leaving you with the story incomplete: it turns out that Captain Marvel was actually Martian Manhunter in disguise and that the real Billy Batson had been killed by J'onn J'onzz before the beginning of the story. The whole time, J'onn conspired secretly to led the heroes of the Houses to destroy each other and so open the way for an alien invasion. Superman kills J'onn and tries to stop single-handedly the alien army but end up killed by Sodam Yat. Constantine and a group of non-powered heroes are able to repel somehow the alien invasion and reclaim the reins of the Earth.

The End.

The full proposal can be found online, here's an available link: https://archive.org/stream/TwilightO...eroes_djvu.txt
    Okay this is just depressing. I can do without this.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    For me it's at least strange to see a character as ambiguous as Harley grow in popularity while SM is being put off! SM has always been to me a pillar of all that is good, all that must be a classic hero! Forgive me if I am being radical but I blame, in part, this massive DC campaign to make him a dictator or even a cold being if by chance he loses his human love affair. People may not even comment, but on the inside, they slowly lose identification with the character! Of course this is not the only reason but I believe it contributes a lot!
    I think Superman will get to be popular again when they'll make him looking cool/badass/fun, etc. to the modern audience.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This sounds interesting. My main issue however, is that Wonder Woman is her own character in her own right and as such should never have to undergo a name change (nor a costume change) just because of who she is with. As much as I love SMWW as a couple, I will never be in support of her being referred to as "Superwoman."

I know I am threads behind, however, I like to pick up from where I left off on this page, as such I keep my tabs open until I can come back again ((shrugs)). Helps me stay on track with the speed with which this page moves.
    Welcome back, LadyP. I was expecting a response about Moore's proposal sooner or later as you were one of those who asked me to post excerpts of it. We are all in agreement on the "Superwoman" thing as we love Diana/Wonder Woman for who she is.

Okay this is just depressing. I can do without this.
    Heh...while it is depressing. Tragic end. It’s still a very interesting concept that I think could be a classic. Controversial, yes, and bringing about a lot of discussion. Though I do agree that some things in this story could be done without

This sounds interesting. My main issue however, is that Wonder Woman is her own character in her own right and as such should never have to undergo a name change (nor a costume change) just because of who she is with. As much as I love SMWW as a couple, I will never be in support of her being referred to as "Superwoman."

I know I am threads behind, however, I like to pick up from where I left off on this page, as such I keep my tabs open until I can come back again ((shrugs)). Helps me stay on track with the speed with which this page moves.
    This script is from a time where WW was not as popular as now, if by chance is adapted nowadays I do not believe that he would keep Diana under the name of Superwoman.

Awesome awesome AWESOME 24 hours!! I got to:
    -Do an epic workout with my Wonder Woman at my side ❤️
    -Listen to two very successful coaches talk about business, their stories, and dealing with fear (powerful stuff!)
    -Shake hands and take a picture with the man who has changed my life
    -Listen to his powerful words about strength and heart among other things -Sweat and learn alongside hundreds of other likeminded people
    -Have an epic meal that was finished with a ridiculous piece of cheesecake
    I am so grateful to be part of this kickass #fitcouple as well as this incredible family of people. #SuperSaturday, you rocked ����

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLNDkIl...=1pzii2y0czvfd

Wolfe Family by day, Superheroes by night!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKs_FqH...=1c3lde9qovj89

Family’s first Halloween together!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLDMChD...=1btsokvke87p6

Yeah, a company could produce a bedding set with DCEU SM/WW like the ones posted by Hellacre. There's one problem... they're like strangers in the DCEU. The product wouldn't have much sense.

He just needs a good successful movie to be popular again. But, at least as you said cosplaying as Superman and Wonder Woman is popular among couples.
    Well DC has been producing SMWW regardless of the status quos for years ....that makes no difference. Just as we see, general audiences don’t care either with them automatically pairing them as well.

Well... there are great stories for him, at yet they still feature Wonder Woman so maybe that’s saying something
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-21-2018 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    This caption...
    “He gets to dress up as Clark Kent... She gets to dress up as Wonder Woman... and I have to dress up in a f**king pair of underpants!!!!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo1SJSJB4W2/
    Tee-hee. I guess not everyone is excited about the "underpants" being back?? ((insert smirk)).

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Happy 77th birthday, #WonderWoman!
    To commemorate her first appearance in Dec. 1941’s All-Star Comics #8, here’s a pic of me from #Halloween 2013 (the especially pretty #Superman is my wife, @kimberlyraemiller). I was the first #Israeli Wonder Woman before @gal_gadot!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpM7FmYn...d=kuf7ins2z93l
    What a weird idea for Halloween, lol. Btw, I have an art with a similar "subject" that I will post later.

8Wolfe Family by day, Superheroes by night!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKs_FqH...=1c3lde9qovj89
    It's nice that Superman and Wonder Woman have adopted other heroes.

Well DC has been producing SMWW regardless for years of the status quos....that makes no difference. Just as we see, general audiences don’t care either with them automatically pairing them as well.
    I think it'll be different if they start pairing them in official products using the live action version of the characters because those faces (Cavill/Gadot) are specifically tied to what is shown in the movies.

Well... there are great stories for him, at yet they still feature Wonder Woman so maybe that’s saying something
    Yup, it's not a coincidence.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    “I think a hero is really any person intent on making this a better place for all people.” – Maya Angelou
    The children, in their magnificent innocence, see their parents as their first heroes and who better than the two greatest comic book icons? They, seeing their parents as Superman and Wonder Woman, grow up wanting to be SM and WW, wanting a life-battle mate with the same ideas, the same aspirations. SMWW represent the best in the human being, the best in each man and woman, represent the best in love, be it fraternal, romantic or paternal.
    Here from my Brazil I want to wish "Happy Children's Day" to all the children of the world, including those who are inside each one of us. May our lives be sweet and full of dreams and fantasies!
    Well said Deiasilva. In of the day, that's really what SMWW is about. They were created to be those inspirations. A counterpoint to the negativity that we can so easily find all around us. It is much harder to be a bigger person or a compassionate person in a toxic society that scorns such values. In which being hopeful is seen as being naive. In which, favoritism is given to those who would lie and cheat their way into things. Without hope what is there to aspire to? What is there to motivate us? I just desire for DC/WB to remember who these characters are supposed to be at their core, what they are supposed to represent.

Also. Thank you so much for commissioning Jack Herbert for that SuperWonderful rendition of pregnant Kingdom Come Diana, with Kal. I had no idea you were responsible for the breathtaking beautiful piece.

Even in DC offices people like to play with SM/WW toys as a couple, lol.

Attachment 72189

Conner and Cassie too:

Attachment 72190

Today it's hard to believe that Rucka wrote this scene.
    LOL. Wait...really??! I guess he was burning inside then. HA! OR he really is an SMWW fan in denial.

Jeremiah made a bed for his #mumma & #dadda

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLjbtKD...d=thpcd2vhf7g5

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLgVCAA...d=4bvxaizvcx2s

DC Comics says today is a Day if Wonder in honor of Wonder Woman’s creation but I had to include Superman to keep the theme going. The Inktober Adventures of Superman continue! Day 21/31.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLotGKB...=1n0ia5ctcovk3

What a weird idea for Halloween, lol. Btw, I have an art with a similar "subject" that I will post later.

It's nice that Superman and Wonder Woman have adopted other heroes.

I think it'll be different if they start pairing them in official products using the live action version of the characters because those faces (Cavill/Gadot) are specifically tied to what is shown in the movies.

Yup, it's not a coincidence.
    Kal and Diana swapping costumes would be such an awesome story LOL

HAHA!! They are the mother and father of heroes afterall!

Oh well...true... another idea abound

It’s just fate and natural!

Random doodle power couple������

Video: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo5UDTjn1X7/
    I'm curious about this picture. Is SM listening for the heartbeat of his unborn child or begging Diana to protect him from Brainiac (or whatever that monster is) that has arrived via a boom-tube (I am going to assume?). My inquiring mind would like to know.