Page 266 of 281 FirstFirst ... 166216256262263264265266267268269270276 ... LastLast
Results 3,976 to 3,990 of 4211
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-18-2018 at 01:02 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Lovely pics. Kids will be so happy to see Superman and Wonder Woman at their birthday parties (at least until they'll be teens and start liking Batman more. 😅 )

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Lovely pics. Kids will be so happy to see Superman and Wonder Woman at their birthday parties (at least until they'll be teens and start liking Batman more. �� )
    A party is not A PARTY without them!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 12-18-2018 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    SMWW imagery on the whole is very empowering. Even when Diana has to carry or hold him or fight him or vice versa. There is reciprocation or the knowledge that these are equals. I can imagine cosplayers have a great time being them. Must be why they are a popular theme for cosplay too.
    That’s what SMWW is about, being of equals, being of empowerment. Neither one has to hold back, hide who they are...they embrace all of who they are, have the motivation and inspiration to be to be the best of the best of who they can be. Couples automatically understand and feel this connection.

Of course, it's not that hard as what you listed is what DC did for decades. They should just embrace their history again. 😉
    Yes, just embrace it because over and over it has proven to work, evolve and make the impact.

LOL. Nah, just the recasting. 😉
    Rebirth method...Whoever the new SM maybe has somehow always been...HA!

Are you sure? I perceive a lot of suffering from these images. C'mon, look at this... 🤣

He was too slow blocking LOL
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-18-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    A party is not A PARTY without them!
    🥳

That’s what SMWW is about, being of equals, being of empowerment. Neither one has to hold back, hide who they are...they embrace all of who they are, have the motivation and inspiration to be to be the best of the best of who they can be. Couples automatically understand and feel this connection.
    Your post makes me think of the SM/WW empowering poses (the pic is from a conference or something)...

Yes, just embrace it because over and over it has proven to work, evolve and make the impact.
    Very good reasons. It's not to embrace just because of tradition (even if that alone would be a good reason too) but for its impact/presence outside of comic books too.

Rebirth method...Whoever the new SM maybe has somehow always been...HA!
    You're joking but that's probably what will get. Hope it'll work and it will not seem awkward to see Gal interact with another Superman.

He was too slow blocking LOL
    There must be a number to call for the domestic violence against (Super)men. 😅

The Trinity concept still existed (and exists) outside of the failed comic-books with that name, so DC will not scrap it overnight because of series that didn't worked as they hoped. But, yeah, SM/WW is an unique partnership for marketing/merchandise and it was since the 70s as I far as I know.

Yeah, I'd say that if companies sell licensed products that market SM/WW as a duo or couple, WB/DC should acknowledge the partnership in-story. ��

The Trinity concept is lip service. It is just used for PR. We all know writers don't use Diana as they do SM & BM. When it comes to big events she is never around or used poorly. Geoff Johns talks a lot about her since the WW movie but he rarely put his ideas where it matters. Fact most of them never do. Oh yeah she is there...some times, when the JL form. But that is just being an over hyped recruiter. SM and BM are two of the Trinity that always get memorable moments when it comes to the events. And we had big events where GL and AM and Flash and BM and SM are pivotal etc. WW? Nope. Diana is one of their most powerful characters and she is barely used nor is her verse even used in an great way. They would rather make up stuff where it does nothing for her position as a player in the DCU. Azz reinvention of the Gods could have been used because it has a horror/ mythic vibe that many shows and books are using well but again...WW was just up rooted and down graded for tradition. In movies there is no Trinity. And I would imagine seeing what is going on with SM, in reality, he is being shunted aside and pushed off screen and off panel a lot when it comes to big events. The Trinity of BM, SM, WW is a fallacy. Or rather we will be seeing different Trinity with what is going on on the big and small screen. SMWW were a force to be reckoned with in the new 52 and DC barely scraped the surface where they could have gone with it in terms of their impact on the wider DCU as a force for good.

And yes if they want to market our duo the least they could do is freaking acknowledge it in some part of the DCU and for readers that like them. I have to wait to see them act the way I know them to be in a Brazilian kids' comic says a lot.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-18-2018 at 06:23 PM.

I would like to applaud all the countries that appreciate SMWW. There are many given by the numerous posts we see in IG.

I would like to applaud all the countries that appreciate SMWW. There are many given by the numerous posts we see in IG.
    Yep! There are at least 4 or 5 posts everyday if not every other day!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrRmLChlufH/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrZBB5cHowD/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrYuDj_nNsz/

The Trinity concept is lip service. It is just used for PR. We all know writers don't use Diana as they do SM & BM. When it comes to big events she is never around or used poorly. Geoff Johns talks a lot about her since the WW movie but he rarely put his ideas where it matters. Fact most of them never do. Oh yeah she is there...some times, when the JL form. But that is just being an over hyped recruiter. SM and BM are two of the Trinity that always get memorable moments when it comes to the events. And we had big events where GL and AM and Flash and BM and SM are pivotal etc. WW? Nope. Diana is one of their most powerful characters and she is barely used nor is her verse even used in an great way. They would rather make up stuff where it does nothing for her position as a player in the DCU. Azz reinvention of the Gods could have been used because it has a horror/ mythic vibe that many shows and books are using well but again...WW was just up rooted and down graded for tradition.
    Yeah, that's a common complaint in the WW forum too. I guess you need writers really invested into the character to get her playing an important role in a storyline and not just "Geez, in KC, WW plays an important role as much as Superman and Batman, let's make them a trinity". 🤔

In movies there is no Trinity. And I would imagine seeing what is going on with SM, in reality, he is being shunted aside and pushed off screen and off panel a lot when it comes to big events. The Trinity of BM, SM, WW is a fallacy. Or rather we will be seeing different Trinity with what is going on on the big and small screen. SMWW were a force to be reckoned with in the new 52 and DC barely scraped the surface where they could have gone with it in terms of their impact on the wider DCU as a force for good.
    I'm not really a fan of the concept for a lot of reasons. Especially, since DC is pushing it, they keep neutering Kal and Diana partnership to make it look like a trio those who originally were two duos (SM/WW and SM/BM). 🙄

And yes if they want to market our duo the least they could do is freaking acknowledge it in some part of the DCU and for readers that like them. I have to wait to see them act the way I know them to be in a Brazilian kids' comic says a lot.
    Not in some part of the DCU, in the main one.

Yep! There are at least 4 or 5 posts everyday if not every other day!
    And even more during some conventions and Halloween... especially Halloween. 🤣

Superman as Diana's personal taxi cab like in the old Super-Friends cartoons. 😅

Your post makes me think of the SM/WW empowering poses (the pic is from a conference or something)...

This exactly! There are motivational speakers who reference Superman and Wonder Woman as the inspirations for confidence with the “Power Poses”

* Basically you exude the essence of Superman or Wonder Woman.
    * Hands on hips, legs apart, chest forward.
    The reason this posture comes across as strong is because you are quite grounded here. You are basically pointing to your center of gravity (the core) with your fingertips. Your feet are in line with your hip bones or slightly farther apart, providing you with a firm anchor to the earth.
    A wide chest means more expansive breathing. Just imagine a cape flowing in the wind behind you, and you can tackle anything.
    Do this superhero pose in private for one to two minutes before going on stage, giving a presentation, meeting a potential partner (romantic or platonic), or moving forward with your day.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.way...onfidence/amp/

Very good reasons. It's not to embrace just because of tradition (even if that alone would be a good reason too) but for its impact/presence outside of comic books too.
    Right! This is what gives so much more substance to them as individuals and a couple/partnership. Seeing the broader view of who these characters are outside of comics. There’s no limit to the audiences Superman and Wonder Woman can reach, the risks and ideas that can be put forth.

We’ve seen this proven time and time again

You're joking but that's probably what will get. Hope it'll work and it will not seem awkward to see Gal interact with another Superman.
    I want to think positive....lol 😅

There must be a number to call for the domestic violence against (Super)men. 😅
    Hahahaha!!! Stop it! It’s tough love learning the ways of a warrior.

And even more during some conventions and Halloween... especially Halloween. 🤣
    Yep! We actually have “post Halloween” now it’s so many. But it says so much that SMWW isn’t just for Halloween or Valentine’s, it’s all year round!

Superman as Diana's personal taxi cab like in the old Super-Friends cartoons. 😅
    More of this please!!! It’s cute!

This exactly! There are motivational speakers who reference Superman and Wonder Woman as the inspirations for confidence with the “Power Poses”

* Basically you exude the essence of Superman or Wonder Woman.
    * Hands on hips, legs apart, chest forward.
    The reason this posture comes across as strong is because you are quite grounded here. You are basically pointing to your center of gravity (the core) with your fingertips. Your feet are in line with your hip bones or slightly farther apart, providing you with a firm anchor to the earth.
    A wide chest means more expansive breathing. Just imagine a cape flowing in the wind behind you, and you can tackle anything.
    Do this superhero pose in private for one to two minutes before going on stage, giving a presentation, meeting a potential partner (romantic or platonic), or moving forward with your day.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.way...onfidence/amp/
    I'll try to do the pose even if I'll probably end up feeling ridiculous posing that way rather than improving my self-esteem. 🤣

Right! This is what gives so much more substance to them as individuals and a couple/partnership. Seeing the broader view of who these characters are outside of comics. There’s no limit to the audiences Superman and Wonder Woman can reach, the risks and ideas that can be put forth.

We’ve seen this proven time and time again
    Considering all this, they are really underestimated/underappreciated compared to what one would expect for a partnership like that.

I want to think positive....lol 😅
    I'd like it too. 😰

Hahahaha!!! Stop it! It’s tough love learning the ways of a warrior.
    Nah, it's just learning the ways of a punching bag. 😝

Yep! We actually have “post Halloween” now it’s so many. But it says so much that SMWW isn’t just for Halloween or Valentine’s, it’s all year round!
    Let's hope to see a lot of SM/WW Christmas posts and post-Christmas posts too this year. 😅

More of this please!!! It’s cute!
    Seconded. 👍

Too bad that in the third image no one has a beard, or the 3 pics of this post would have been linked by this common element. 🤣

I'll try to do the pose even if I'll probably end up feeling ridiculous posing that way rather than improving my self-esteem. 🤣
    LOL Nah, you will feel empowered!

Considering all this, they are really underestimated/underappreciated compared to what one would expect for a partnership like that.
    I don’t get this at all. Proving to be or can be the top partenership, reaching audiences, positive influences, opening up for an abundance of creative ideas...but still underestimated/underappreciated...what?

Nah, it's just learning the ways of a punching bag. 😝
    HAHAHA!!! Stop it! 🤣

Let's hope to see a lot of SM/WW Christmas posts and post-Christmas posts too this year. 😅
    Hoping so!!!!

Too bad that in the third image no one has a beard, or the 3 pics of this post would have been linked by this common element. 🤣
    Oh!! HA! Just noticed now! Darn. That would’ve been a funny yet awesome coincidence for sure!

LOL Nah, you will feel empowered!
    How do you know? Do you tried it? 😅

I don’t get this at all. Proving to be or can be the top partenership, reaching audiences, positive influences, opening up for an abundance of creative ideas...but still underestimated/underappreciated...what?
    Maybe being underestimated/underappreciated even as individual characters play a factor into this. I dunno. 🤔

HAHAHA!!! Stop it! 🤣

😝

Oh!! HA! Just noticed now! Darn. That would’ve been a funny yet awesome coincidence for sure!
    How didn't you notice it before? A bearded WW doesn't go unnoticed easily. 🤣