Page 242 of 281 FirstFirst ... 142192232238239240241242243244245246252 ... LastLast
Results 3,616 to 3,630 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Superman v Wonder Woman. Even though that scene was popular in JL...I still think it could have been much much better. They wasted Diana and Kal as two top tiered tanks. Do you all recall GOTG fight between Gamora and Starlord? Even Hulk and Widow in the first Avengers? Both were well crafted. I think WB could have had something with SM v WW to rival those easily. Once again wasted potential.
    They had a certain idea and that idea didn’t have anything more between Diana and Kal but a clash that indeed should’ve been so much more compelling. But because of the overall rushing and underdevelopment, it fell flat.

Sweet (first draft) sketch

https://instagram.com/rajendra_anang...=1bvskkm090pfk

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqJWhPxhEOW/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLT6TFZB_C4/

WOW. I love these two arts!

By Luiz Campbello

by Rysketches. Hahaha. Kal is Diana's biggest fan. He even wears starry briefs.

Sales for SMWW were very good actually considering what DC publishes still. The charts are there for anyone to see and compare and contrast. SMWW 1st issue was a very good debut. And they did not have double shipping or returnability. What was sold was sold. They were always top 10 in the digital charts. And this was at a time new 52 had strong books with Batman and Justice League etc along with other Marvel and independents. I think DCYou was the time of the shift and the big page of Clark telling Diana he did not know if he loved her cause fans some consternation. Yet with all that many loyal people still supported, despite not liking what the writer at the time was doing and the fact DC was going to kill Clark and reboot. Like SMWW never went below 28 K, even up to the last. Fact 28, 569 K was its hard copy sales.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-05.html

There are many books now that sell way below that number and DC still publish them.
    I believe Daniel said the first issue debut sold well over 100k. And yes, SMWW was always in top 10. Soule was highly praised for keeping the balance between the two and strong characterization for Clark and Diana. Diana taking on Zod and Faora at the same time is still the best moment ever and being able to seamlessly join their worlds together was ace.
    But with the creative team change, Clark and Diana’s characterization was already twisted for contrived drama before “Truth” and then “Truth” just doubled down with it. Yes, SMWW fans tried to be patient and have faith that maybe the writing would get better but that issue was basically the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was a damn if you do, damn if you don’t type thing, though and basically still is in regards to SMWW. Despite still having hope and showing support, SMWW was still disrupted but if SMWW fans didn’t support, it would’ve been easier to claim that as justification.
    I really really don’t get this mindset at all. Lower selling books that haven’t even made it to issue 6, still get published? Yet, with all the facts whether it’s sales (comics and merch) or years of history, SMWW proved to have stability but is mistreated/ignored.

by Rysketches. Hahaha. Kal is Diana's biggest fan. He even wears starry briefs.
    LOL starry buns of steel!
    Rysketches does it again! I love this!

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Outside of comics still very much is. But add Arthur and Mera for the Power Couple Trio!
    I like them too. As I said AquaMera reminds me a bit of SuperWonder.

Yeah. As I said, we would understand if the story was done or sales weren’t good. But that’s not the case at all. Soule had things planned and sales were good. SMWW was prematurely cut and it seems now DC is just making up as they go without an actual plan or even if there is a plan, it’s very shaky.
    Sales for SMWW were very good actually considering what DC publishes still. The charts are there for anyone to see and compare and contrast. SMWW 1st issue was a very good debut. And they did not have double shipping or returnability. What was sold was sold. They were always top 10 in the digital charts. And this was at a time new 52 had strong books with Batman and Justice League etc along with other Marvel and independents. I think DCYou was the time of the shift and the big page of Clark telling Diana he did not know if he loved her cause fans some consternation. Yet with all that many loyal people still supported, despite not liking what the writer at the time was doing and the fact DC was going to kill Clark and reboot. Like SMWW never went below 28 K, even up to the last. Fact 28, 569 K was its hard copy sales.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...6/2016-05.html

There are many books now that sell way below that number and DC still publish them.
    I believe Daniel said the first issue debut sold well over 100k. And yes, SMWW was always in top 10. Soule was highly praised for keeping the balance between the two and strong characterization for Clark and Diana. Diana taking on Zod and Faora at the same time is still the best moment ever and being able to seamlessly join their worlds together was ace.
    But with the creative team change, Clark and Diana’s characterization was already twisted for contrived drama before “Truth” and then “Truth” just doubled down with it. Yes, SMWW fans tried to be patient and have faith that maybe the writing would get better but that issue was basically the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was a damn if you do, damn if you don’t type thing, though and basically still is in regards to SMWW. Despite still having hope and showing support, SMWW was still disrupted but if SMWW fans didn’t support, it would’ve been easier to claim that as justification.
    I really really don’t get this mindset at all. Lower selling books that haven’t even made it to issue 6, still get published? Yet, with all the facts whether it’s sales (comics and merch) or years of history, SMWW proved to have stability but is mistreated/ignored.
    Yup, sales for the 1st issue were above 100k counting the reprints. But I believe that DC thinks that this kind of series could be replaced by analogues without a sales loss. So, they closed both SM/WW and BM/SM and "merged" them into the Trinity book.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Ahhhh this reminds me an IG serie where they show Lego SMWW travelling around the world!!! It is sweet and cute!
    I know this series, I think we posted some pic from it some time ago but later we stopped for some reason.

Question. These accounts with smww toy photography...it is many different ones or the same ones?
    Different accounts!
    All the toys pics are from different accounts of different nationalities. I often put together pics that have a common element (like the ones with stalker Batman) but that were unrelated originally.

Peeping Superman, lol.

Nice. This one was made by Will Conrad, a DC Comics artist.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I like them too. As I said AquaMera reminds me a bit of SuperWonder.
    Would’ve really liked more Aquamera and SuperWonder team ups.

Yup, sales for the 1st issue were above 100k counting the reprints. But I believe that DC thinks that this kind of series could be replaced by analogues without a sales loss. So, they closed both SM/WW and BM/SM and "merged" them into the Trinity book.
    Obviously it was easier said/thought of than done. They not only “merged” the books which was unnecessary to begin with, but tried to force a dynamic that didn’t work. A Superman from another world trying to replace the Superman they knew and rushing the acceptance. Then the next few issues after that was everybody just had memory loss/corruption and that is the Superman they knew all along but the connections still were not there at all. One would think a “Trinity” book would sale a lot more even with the benefit of returnability as hellacre pointed out, but it didn’t.

Peeping Superman, lol.
    LOL! She was waiting for him

Obviously it was easier said/thought of than done. They not only “merged” the books which was unnecessary to begin with, but tried to force a dynamic that didn’t work. A Superman from another world trying to replace the Superman they knew and rushing the acceptance. Then the next few issues after that was everybody just had memory loss/corruption and that is the Superman they knew all along but the connections still were not there at all. One would think a “Trinity” book would sale a lot more even with the benefit of returnability as hellacre pointed out, but it didn’t.
    I'm sure it was expected to sell around BM/SM numbers. The "Superman from another world" thing was the only element that made the book relevant continuity wise ie an obligated read for many. Can't speak objectively if the dynamics have had an impact on sales.
    Btw, sooner or later, I'm going to do a complete sales analysis of the SM/WW book. Keep pushing for it, maybe I'll post it one day. 😂

Funko SM/WW:

"Hat buddies! 😍 Um Batman, that's not a hat! 🙄"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKg2_qgsRV/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqGaYxZn5Y_/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp7NGqtgbG-/

I'm sure it was expected to sell around BM/SM numbers. The "Superman from another world" thing was the only element that made the book relevant continuity wise ie an obligated read for many. Can't speak objectively if the dynamics have had an impact on sales.
    Btw, sooner or later, I'm going to do a complete sales analysis of the SM/WW book. Keep pushing for it, maybe I'll post it one day. 😂
    There seemed to have been a lot expected but a lot didn’t meet expectations. That element I think was the initial selling point but again it wasn’t executed in an impactful way, seemed more like a rush to get other world Superman to be accepted without the real storytelling it takes to get to that point. Hitch’s JL sorta addressed it a little bit more but still seemed muchbwas glossed over.

It should be sooner!! One day soon!

There seemed to have been a lot expected but a lot didn’t meet expectations. That element I think was the initial selling point but again it wasn’t executed in an impactful way, seemed more like a rush to get other world Superman to be accepted without the real storytelling it takes to get to that point. Hitch’s JL sorta addressed it a little bit more but still seemed muchbwas glossed over.
    In the end, it was all "rebooted" and any attempt to address it ended up to amount to nothing anyway. Apparently the end result wasn't planned till very late and certain writers seemed "surprised" by the Reborn reboot. 😏 That's why I said that SM/WW became a casualty of the process.

It should be sooner!! One day soon!
    I'll do my best to post it before we'll get too old. 😁

Random toys pics including a tribute to Miller's DKSA:

"Frank Miller tribute."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpgFxyLgx9-/

"#superman & #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqHBjJ1hgN2/

Super(old)Man and Wonder(old)Woman have been fighting villains for too long!!!! “We are getting too old for this”

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmoonray/28407973079/

In the end, it was all "rebooted" and any attempt to address it ended up to amount to nothing anyway. Apparently the end result wasn't planned till very late and certain writers seemed "surprised" by the Reborn reboot. 😏 That's why I said that SM/WW became a casualty of the process.
    Why it was all unnecessary in the first place. Created a domino effect of contradictions and plot holes, not only readers but other writers have to pretend aren’t there but it’s very hard to ignore it all.

I'll do my best to post it before we'll get too old. 😁
    Haha ok lazy snail ;P

Random toys pics including a tribute to Miller's DKSA:

"Frank Miller tribute."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpgFxyLgx9-/

"#superman & #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqHBjJ1hgN2/

Super(old)Man and Wonder(old)Woman have been fighting villains for too long!!!! “We are getting too old for this”

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jmoonray/28407973079/
    So many toy posts!

Heh..the miller post is right on time for “The Golden Child.”

Irony strikes again with the rebirth figures

LOL! And the LEGO is cute!

Why it was all unnecessary in the first place. Created a domino effect of contradictions and plot holes, not only readers but other writers have to pretend aren’t there but it’s very hard to ignore it all.
    It looks like they didn't considered much the implication of what they were doing and how it would eventually divide an already divided fanbase even more. In the interviews where Jurgens talked about Reborn, not only he admitted that it wasn't planned but they thought to merge the characters to not make fans of one or the other Supes feel excluded. I assume it wasn't just a PR talk to fool new52 fans and Jurgens was "sincere" as he was pretty much open to sum the BTS of the whole thing since the beginning, but, if part of their goal was that, the end result was anything but inclusive. That's make more difficult to accept what happened to SM/WW.
    Just looking at the current DCAU... no superkid from another world and history/continuity is safe. You can't like the off-screen relationships switch but at least they aren't (yet) so desperate to make out of continuity all their animated movies that involve Supes. 😁

Haha ok lazy snail ;P

😜

So many toy posts!
    And a sappy romantic one is coming. 😉

Heh..the miller post is right on time for “The Golden Child.”
    Yup, it also look like it's a reproduction of the panel before the golden child Jonathan was conceived. 😅

It looks like they didn't considered much the implication of what they were doing and how it would eventually divide an already divided fanbase even more. In the interviews where Jurgens talked about Reborn, not only he admitted that it wasn't planned but they thought to merge the characters to not make fans of one or the other Supes feel excluded. I assume it wasn't just a PR talk to fool new52 fans and Jurgens was "sincere" as he was pretty much open to sum the BTS of the whole thing since the beginning, but, if part of their goal was that, the end result was anything but inclusive. That's make more difficult to accept what happened to SM/WW.
    Just looking at the current DCAU... no superkid from another world and history/continuity is safe. You can't like the off-screen relationships switch but at least they aren't (yet) so desperate to make out of continuity all their animated movies that involve Supes.
    Wow...gives such a headache to understand the “logic” in all of this. It would’ve been so much better just to have separate lines. Keep new52 going its way and introducing a line with pre52 status quo. Going backwards just ended up causing a mess to try to get through to go “forward”. There hasn’t been much progression either.
    I get what you are saying about DCAU. I’m going to of course stick with my view as stubborn as it may seem lol but I do see your point.

LOL lazy snail...just don’t take too too much time

And a sappy romantic one is coming.
    Oohh!!!! Can’t wait to see!

Yup, it also look like it's a reproduction of the panel before the golden child Jonathan was conceived.
    They made the earth move...hehe

Here is some SuperWonder Cosplay Love

“A fantastic #WonderWomanWednesday to my wonderful fiancé, @cosplaymagnolia. Even in the toughest of times her strength inspires me to be better.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKbs4OA7MG/

“How to deal with Husband..”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqO9_i7h8Vq/

Newly engaged couple!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNirXSnaVC/

Wow...gives such a headache to understand the “logic” in all of this. It would’ve been so much better just to have separate lines. Keep new52 going its way and introducing a line with pre52 status quo. Going backwards just ended up causing a mess to try to get through to go “forward”. There hasn’t been much progression either.
    You make it seems so easy. 🤔

I get what you are saying about DCAU. I’m going to of course stick with my view as stubborn as it may seem lol but I do see your point.
    You're too picky. 😋 But I could change my mind with the next DCAU movies if they start messing things in other ways. 😰

LOL lazy snail...just don’t take too too much time
    It could take a few days or weeks. 😁

Oohh!!!! Can’t wait to see!
    Just a matter of hours for this one.

They made the earth move...hehe
    🤭

Here is some SuperWonder Cosplay Love

“A fantastic #WonderWomanWednesday to my wonderful fiancé, @cosplaymagnolia. Even in the toughest of times her strength inspires me to be better.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqKbs4OA7MG/

“How to deal with Husband..”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqO9_i7h8Vq/

Newly engaged couple!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqNirXSnaVC/
    Other familiar faces. 😉

You make it seems so easy. 🤔
    With the right coordination and creative teams all in sync, yes, it can be easy.

You're too picky. 😋 But I could change my mind with the next DCAU movies if they start messing things in other ways. 😰
    Not picky just don’t want nor accept lazy storytelling. Oh and expectations are very low with that anyway but oh well...

It could take a few days or weeks. 😁
    Days not weeks LOL

Just a matter of hours for this one.
    Yay! LOL

Other familiar faces. 😉
    Aren’t they adorable?

Not picky just don’t want nor accept lazy storytelling. Oh and expectations are very low with that anyway but oh well...
    Well, I still consider the current DCAU a progression compared not just to "Rebirth" but also to the previous animated universe where you got 0 of SM/WW.

Days not weeks LOL
    The numbers are ready for at least a month, it's the proper analysis that still needs to be written. 😏

Aren’t they adorable?
    Only in small dose as usual. 😂