Page 206 of 281 FirstFirst ... 106156196202203204205206207208209210216256 ... LastLast
Results 3,076 to 3,090 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL! There has been tongue in cheek shirts for like forever and a day. Loud groups with obvious agendas don’t count ecspecially when the shirts still sell and truly not offensive at all.
    But still the incident is a sort of indicator that WB/DC didn't know much of how their characters are going to be used by other companies after they licensed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Do you remember the "scandal" of the "sexist" t-shirts licensed by DC? They didn't know anything about what would've been written on these shirts.
    "Talk bad but talk about me" even a controversial advertisement is an advertisement!

But still the incident is a sort of indicator that WB/DC didn't know much of how their characters are going to be used by other companies after they licensed them.
    But that’s why with something like the rings that would be a close partnership, actually giving a specific design and marketing of it.
    Just as they did with JPG. The companion comic was a brilliant idea.

I do not want to believe that a company like DC / WB has no idea of the scope of the product they work with! SMWW is a worldwide ideal! I believe, and this is just my opinion, that there is some restriction on copyright or something that limits the field of action! A company of this size can not have such a short vision

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    "Talk bad but talk about me" even a controversial advertisement is an advertisement!
    That's true. Even DC like living on controversies but they'll always end up backtracking for PR reasons.

But that’s why with something like the rings that would be a close partnership, actually giving a specific design and marketing of it.
    Just as they did with JPG. The companion comic was a brilliant idea.
    Yeah, I think it could work, and, for sure, the rings as much as the JPG perfume wouldn't end being controversial like those t-shirts.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpIgwkyj...=1cbgawz2420ir

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpIhZmmn...=1q0n80n20je7o

“I love this guy. He’s simply one of kind. But better believe I can still beat ya at anything. �� Just Kidding... maybe. And my reason to this post is simply that. A post. Haha! Oh, and I’ll be singing and running yet again Sunday in San Jose for the @dcwonderwomanrun! Hope to see y’all there!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpI0AjXl...d=o454hieuuxmb

I do not want to believe that a company like DC / WB has no idea of the scope of the product they work with! SMWW is a worldwide ideal! I believe, and this is just my opinion, that there is some restriction on copyright or something that limits the field of action! A company of this size can not have such a short vision
    I dunno, I feel like their "vision" don't go beyond the stuff they sell at their stand in the conventions: ie, t-shirts, statues.

I dunno, I feel like their "vision" don't go beyond the stuff they sell at their stand in the conventions: ie, t-shirts, statues.

That’s a very limiting/limited vision which in long term is very bad and counter productive. Even from the vintage finds, they were much more incline to the outside the box at that time. They should be thinking that way even more now in this day.

well ... respecting their way, their modus operandi and, let's face it, it's not that they're losing anything, they're just failing to make a profit. Failing to profit from all the art, t-shirt and etc that people creatively use around the world with the couple. It is OBVIOUS that SMWW as a couple has a worldwide reach and that naturally people associate them as an ideal couple, a modern couple "Hart to Hart", fitting them into all the important stories of detachable couples such as Mr and Mrs Smith, Romeo and Juliet, Hart to Hart and other notable couples. If DC / WB, being a monster company in the entertaniment industry, can and apparently accept to afford to lose that money, who am I to say they are wrong!
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 10-20-2018 at 03:07 PM.

That’s a very limiting/limited vision which in long term is very bad and counter productive. Even from the vintage finds, they were much more incline to the outside the box at that time. They should be thinking that way even more now in this day.
    As a comic book company, it makes sense that they're close to more "comic-book-y" products for nerds like t-shirts and toys. Stuff like the SM/WW perfumes feel like an exception and are aimed at a wider target than the comic books community. It's like it's not their kind of stuff.

What a sad face. He's like "why I should dress like that? I hate Halloween!"
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-20-2018 at 03:11 PM.

As a comic book company, it makes sense that they're close to more "comic-book-y" products for nerds like t-shirts and toys. Stuff like the SM/WW perfumes feel like an exception and are aimed at a wider target than the comic book community.

What a sad face. He's like "why I should dress like that? I hate Halloween!"
    That’s true...however they can adapt. JPG is the perfect prime example, Wendy’s has a companion comic, even cereals and the ice creams too have companion comics. They’ve made it work. This too brings the idea of couples getting personalized comics. We’ve seen that as well of a couple talking about their first date and another couple talking about their entire journey together to get to the point of their engagement. These ideas aren’t so far fetched and can work within the “comic book-y” realm.

OMG!!! When I saw that pic I was thinking the same thing. Dad is like...I’m doing this for my kids...think of the kids and their cute adorable smiles and happiness!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-20-2018 at 03:18 PM.

well ... respecting their way, their modus operandi and, let's face it, it's not that they're losing anything, they're just failing to make a profit. Failing to profit from all the art, t-shirt and etc that people creatively use around the world with the couple. It is OBVIOUS that SMWW as a couple has a worldwide reach and that naturally people associate them as an ideal couple, a modern couple "Hart to Hart", fitting them into all the important stories of detachable couples such as Mr and Mrs Smith, Romeo and Juliet, Hart to Hart and other notable couples. If DC / WB, being a monster company in the entertaniment industry, can and apparently accept to afford to lose that money, who am I to say they are wrong!
    It's really difficult to understand their pov on merchandise/licensed products without being on the inside. What make more profits for them? For sure not the comics. Movies? How much a limited-series product like the SM/WW statue sold? What about the various SM/WW t-shirts? It's true that the company have just scratched the surface of SM/WW, but they sell other stuff with other characters and get money from there too. And SM and WW sell also individually.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-20-2018 at 03:56 PM.

That’s true...however they can adapt. JPG is the perfect prime example, Wendy’s has a companion comic, even cereals and the ice creams too have companion comics. They’ve made it work. This too brings the idea of couples getting personalized comics. We’ve seen that as well of a couple talking about their first date and another couple talking about their entire journey together to get to the point of their engagement. These ideas aren’t so far fetched and can work within the “comic book-y” realm.
    The wedding related stuff seems the more far from the kind of business of WB/DC.

OMG!!! When I saw that pic I was thinking the same thing. Dad is like...I’m doing this for my kids...think of the kids and their cute adorable smiles and happiness!
    He wears Superman's DCEU suit. Maybe he got too much into the role.

Ah, Wonder Leia and Kal Skywalker. What an original idea for a cosplay.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-20-2018 at 03:43 PM.

The wedding related stuff seems the more far from the kind of business of WB/DC.

He wears Superman's DCEU suit. Maybe he got too much into the role.

Ah, Wonder Leia and Kal Skywalker. What an original idea for a cosplay.
    True but their fans have made it not seem so far. That’s the thing, expanding the brands outside of their norm or what they think it should only be. That’s the kind of creativeness SMWW has brought. Thinking outside the norm not only as far as comic books but products and marketing. It’s a win/win. They can still have SMWW selling as individuals but even more when they are marketed together.

Hahaha! oh that’s makes sense!

Creativeness strikes again!