Page 111 of 281 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    WW's clay birth vs Zeus origin could be considered a contradiction, but small differences don't really matter as much.

They forgot that Superman was there in the moment they decided to build everything around Batman.
    Ugh....lol

Oh right right. Welp that worked well didn’t it?

However, the only take away is “tug of lasso” with would, could, should, be bestie

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Art by Cat Staggs...

"NYCC commission: Superman and Wonder Woman '77"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7M8R0HxXm/

More Wonder Gal and Cav-El toys' romance to overcompensate their lack of interaction in the movies, haha...

"Please stay with me, Kal."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9UzXbDUhf/

"I will never leave you, Diana."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9U7HiD0Vt/

I recently wrote an article for my website on my top five superhero romance comics. Guess which made the list?

If you're interested, here's the link.

I know my top choice may be a bit controversial, but the Superman/Wonder Woman romance is always near the top of any list in terms of romance comics. The fact that their relationship has so many obstacles makes it that much more endearing. Even though we'll probably never see anything like we saw with the New 52 and Charles Soule's run, it's still special in its own right.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I recently wrote an article for my website on my top five superhero romance comics. Guess which made the list?

I know my top choice may be a bit controversial, but the Superman/Wonder Woman romance is always near the top of any list in terms of romance comics. The fact that their relationship has so many obstacles makes it that much more endearing. Even though we'll probably never see anything like we saw with the New 52 and Charles Soule's run, it's still special in its own right.
    Great write up!

I don’t think any of us care for the ranking. What means more to us is how SMWW resonates with the fans. You are absolutely correct. These characters have existed for 80 years...sure. But it’s still a whole helluva difference than what has happened within those 80 years.

Superman and Wonder Woman earned what they have had. They have a healthy relationship, going through the ups and down, trials, tribulations, challenges etc couples go through. Their relationship is just on a different grander scale. They have their own normal. They have the right balance of similarities and differences that fits together so perfectly. Their relationship is based on 100% trust, honesty and faith from jump. They accept and embrace every aspect of each other. There’s no hiding, downplaying, or feeling as though they need to have resentment or regret and apologize for who they are.

Together they represent embracing diversity and uniqueness not trying to fit in with one society’s acceptance. They are heroes of the world, not just representing/protecting one city or country.

Power Couple has been turned into a buzz word/phrase in which it is used so loosely, but as said above, Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is earned. It’s not given easily on a damn platter or by default. They go through the storm and learn from it. Nothing is easily resolved. It takes work, it’s challenging.

This is all why Superman and Wonder Woman resonate with so many people in but especially outside of comics. Why real life couples identify with them. Superman and Wonder Woman is about lifting each other up and soaring together not being grounded for others’ comfort. Best friends, partners, equals.

And you are also right that no contrived, contradictory narrative will ever change that. Even after new52, SMWW is still making a positive impact and that’s what matters the most.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-21-2018 at 05:23 AM.

"From my wife. A truly amazon! #loveyou #supermanandwonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn-c-1Vg4lz/

"Imagine if there was a stronger villain than Wonderwoman and Superman together? Even though we exist to save your world ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9sDsvn4OM/

"Check out the latest from @dc_collectibles."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn-Yhs8F3F3/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-21-2018 at 05:10 AM.

Art by Cat Staggs...

"NYCC commission: Superman and Wonder Woman '77"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn7M8R0HxXm/

More Wonder Gal and Cav-El toys' romance to overcompensate their lack of interaction in the movies, haha...

"Please stay with me, Kal."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9UzXbDUhf/

"I will never leave you, Diana."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9U7HiD0Vt/
    Wonder Woman and Superman 77 comic when?

Awe! seriously I’m surprised but then not at the fact that so many people really wanted them to interact and not only do you have cosplay but dolls too.

"From my wife. A truly amazon! #loveyou #supermanandwonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn-c-1Vg4lz/

"Imagine if there was a stronger villain than Wonderwoman and Superman together? Even though we exist to save your world ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn9sDsvn4OM/

"Check out the latest from @dc_collectibles."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bn-Yhs8F3F3/

Haha! You beat me! More superhubby and wonderwifey love!
    And I think the artist is another associate with Benes studio

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Oh right right. Welp that worked well didn’t it?

However, the only take away is “tug of lasso” with would, could, should, be bestie
    Yeah, it worked very well especially for Cavill and his Superman.

Wonder Woman and Superman 77 comic when?
    Knowing DC, we'll get a Batman '66 meets Superman '78 instead.

Awe! seriously I’m surprised but then not at the fact that so many people really wanted them to interact and not only do you have cosplay but dolls too.
    I guess that WB's marketing for BvS/JL didn't work as well as they expected. You know what I'm referring to.

Yeah, it worked very well especially for Cavill and his Superman.

Knowing DC, we'll get a Batman '66 meets Superman '78 instead.

I guess that WB's marketing for BvS/JL didn't work as well as they expected. You know what I'm referring to.
    Awww.....now it’s not funny.....

............LOL I was trying to keep the dream up but yeah you right. What a harsh reality.

Hehehe....yep! Plot twist!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post

Of course we are interested. Great article, but SM/WW should be 1st.

I completely agree with what you say in the bolded.

Great write up!

I don’t think any of us care for the ranking. What means more to us is how SMWW resonates with the fans. You are absolutely correct. These characters have existed for 80 years...sure. But it’s still a whole helluva difference than what has happened within those 80 years.

Superman and Wonder Woman earned what they have had. They have a healthy relationship, going through the ups and down, trials, tribulations, challenges etc couples go through. Their relationship is just on a different grander scale. They have their own normal. They have the right balance of similarities and differences that fits together so perfectly. Their relationship is based on 100% trust, honesty and faith from jump. They accept and embrace every aspect of each other. There’s no hiding, downplaying, or feeling as though they need to have resentment or regret and apologize for who they are.

Together they represent embracing diversity and uniqueness not trying to fit in with one society’s acceptance. They are heroes of the world, not just representing/protecting one city or country.

Power Couple has been turned into a buzz word/phrase in which it is used so loosely, but as said above, Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is earned. It’s not given easily on a damn platter or by default. They go through the storm and learn from it. Nothing is easily resolved. It takes work, it’s challenging.

This is all why Superman and Wonder Woman resonate with so many people in but especially outside of comics. Why real life couples identify with them. Superman and Wonder Woman is about lifting each other up and soaring together not being grounded for others’ comfort. Best friends, partners, equals.

And you are also right that no contrived, contradictory narrative will ever change that. Even after new52, SMWW is still making a positive impact and that’s what matters the most.
    Holy wall of the text!!! but well said. Well said.

If you consider their shared published history and their resonance as a couple outside of comics, SM/WW is probably the most underrated romance of fiction. Wake up WB/DC, and acknowledged these two lovebirds' connection.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-21-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Haha! You beat me! More superhubby and wonderwifey love!
    And I think the artist is another associate with Benes studio
    I'm not surprised considering that Benes Studio's associates produce half of the SM/WW fan-arts of internet.

Btw, I'll post the finished SM/WW art by Dacilio Costa later today.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-21-2018 at 06:39 AM.

Holy wall of the text!!! but well said. Well said.

If you consider their shared published history and their resonance as a couple outside of comics, SM/WW is probably the most underrated romance of fiction. Wake up WB/DC, and acknowledged these two love birds.
    HAHAHAHA!!! Got lots to say!
    And OMG! Right! It’s not that hard at all LOL

Bold: funny that the Selfie kiss licensing description is “ Love Birds” http://m.urban-collector.com/justice...jla563-as.html

HAHAHAHA!!! Got lots to say!And OMG! Right! It’s not that hard at all LOL
    Exactly, I wish people at WB/DC look a little more around and realize this as well.

Bold: funny that the Selfie kiss licensing description is “ Love Birds” http://m.urban-collector.com/justice...jla563-as.html
    Cool, is it a new licensed shirt?

Exactly, I wish people at WB/DC look a little more around and realize this as well.

Cool, is it a new licensed shirt?
    Not that hard to scope out other social sites. Despite IG’s sometimes network problem. The biggest ship specific page is the SMWW one with 43k+ followers plus the every day posts of families and couples.

I believe so because it’s sold at Walmart too and the selfie was licensed to hot topic for the seatbelt belt.

Not that hard to scope out other social sites. Despite IG’s sometimes network problem. The biggest ship specific page is the SMWW one with 43k+ followers plus the every day posts of families and couples.
    Even looking not so far away, SM/WW is featured in books that DC keeps reprinting or that are on their recommendation lists.

I believe so because it’s sold at Walmart too and the selfie was licensed to hot topic for the seatbelt belt.
    I thought I had already seen similar shirts years ago. They need new SM/WW images to put in licensed products.