Page 263 of 281 FirstFirst ... 163213253259260261262263264265266267273 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I would agree with you if this was something they applied to all characters but they don't. They very well insert Batman everywhere, even when he don't logically belong. They team people up when it suits them and those who have their agendas...namely who might ship Diana with heroes not of her series...curiously find reasons why they should cross worlds. Even when its trite reasons.
    Batman being inserted everywhere is a one-way-street. You don't see other heroes appearing regularly on his books, there's no "bridge of worlds" just one character that is overexposed.

Look at what their TV verses do. They break every rule in the book and bring in characters from other series and sometimes even ignore what should be in terms of the comic history for their new vision. Even the movie verses decided Diana was besties with anyone but Superman. It's double standards. Soule was doing it pretty well and got stopped in his tracks. There is an agenda against SMWW for whatever reason. Yes it might be due to movie synergy but now movie synergy has flopped, we will see if this will carry on.

Frank Miller is one who flouts rules and in his DK verse he melds many verses. People might say well that is non canon. Well there are the team up books and the other series that do it that use the wider DCU as its sandbox. From Teen Titans to Bombshells to Earth 2 to Injustice to Batman Beyond etc . When I think of some of the stuff I have read....smh. DC have humans with no warrior training pretending they can impress New Gods and fighting them as if they are seasoned warriors yet they refuse to let what is logical happen, use the elements of SM and WW worlds to create new fresh stories that don't require jumping the shark. And we have been asking for smww in a non canon series to happen. Like new 52 SMWW who, if there was any respect for creative process, should still be alive and on their earth. And writers could have a chance to visit with them for the fans that appreciate them because there are those fans out there.
    During the new 52, there were the right circumstances to connect more their worlds as writers had to work with them as a couple but they didn't really do much. Right now, unfortunately there are no reasons anymore to try to connect their franchises. writers even struggle to work with their world individually. 😅
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-16-2018 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Article about the Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ampaign=buffer

Hoping this changes soon! Because it needs to be!
    Wait Wait...you're saying this will sell better than Rebirth Superman and Wonder Woman combined?

That this is indicating there is a market...even probably a bigger one than the one DC caters for in the US?

Well...I won't say...we told you so, DC! But YEAH. We have been saying this for years. That there are markets out there. I hope we do get a chance to get an anthology of this crossover set in English the way they did the anime Batman and JL.

But importantly, DC needs to pay attention even in their own country, what they are selling appeals to a limited readership. They should be giving options. Not this black and white , recycled approach to properties like SM and WW especially.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-16-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Batman being inserted everywhere is a one-way-street. You don't see other heroes appearing regularly on his books, there's no "bridge of worlds" just one character that is overexposed.

During the new 52, there were the right circumstances to connect more their worlds as writers had to work with them as a couple but they didn't really do much. Right now, unfortunately there are no reasons anymore to try to connect their franchises. writers even struggle to work with their world individually. ��
    I will agree that writers struggle with their own world because all they are doing is regurgitating stories told before, with a slight tweak but generally it is stuff you have seen and read before. I still say Soule did not get a chance to do what he wanted. He was caught in crossover and then pushed off the book for Tomasi...while I did not like his approach, he did try to incorporate smww stuff yet got carried away with forced tension and ooc stuff and then ignored Diana in her own shared series.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-16-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Wait Wait...you're saying this will sell better than Rebirth Superman and Wonder Woman combined?

That this is indicating there is a market...even probably a bigger one than the one DC caters for in the US?

Well...I won't say...we told you so, DC! But YEAH. We have been saying this for years. That there are markets out there. I hope we do get a chance to get an anthology of this crossover set in English the way they did the anime Batman and JL.

But importantly, DC needs to pay attention even in there own country, what they are selling appeals to a limited readership. They should be giving options. Not this black and white , recycled approach to properties like SM and WW especially.
    Brazil has a vast comic book audience and we have a great love for Superman and Wonder Woman so I'm sorry they do not sell so much here. If DC opened the mind more and thought of them as heroes with a more global vision and behavior they would sell much more.

Amateur artists try to redo the SM/WW kiss from JL #12:

by stachokaracho

"Worth the effort. One of my favorite moments of the new52."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbH6oJHMUU/

by Victor Gomez:

"One of my drawings of Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq_mlPlh53L/

by Danny-Joe Watts:

"Me and Ashley!!! This was my first present to her!! #superman&wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLGYYpehtca/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Brazil has a vast comic book audience and we have a great love for Superman and Wonder Woman so I'm sorry they do not sell so much here. If DC opened the mind more and thought of them as heroes with a more global vision and behavior they would sell much more.
    These are two character who should have a universe wide inclusive message. They are the ultimate immigrants but end of the day, aren't we all? Their words and deeds and actions should be as such within their books. Their motivations should be selfless and open minded and not driven by personal comfort or waving flags . They should be bridging differences. Extending their arms to all. Not picking and choosing who they will save and when they will save them. And believe me if they do this they will be tested because to be honorable and do what your conscience tells you what is right in today's world is not easy. What I like about SMWW when they do get written together they don't get the deus ex machina resolutions other characters gets despite them being godlike. They have to endure and have to face real fallout and real consequence. For me this makes better stories.

Amateur artists try to redo the SM/WW kiss from JL #12:

by stachokaracho

"Worth the effort. One of my favorite moments of the new52."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrbH6oJHMUU/

by Victor Gomez:

"One of my drawings of Superman and Wonder Woman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bq_mlPlh53L/

by Danny-Joe Watts:

"Me and Ashley!!! This was my first present to her!! #superman&wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLGYYpehtca/
    I love not only people trying to drawn smww but giving them as gifts to loved ones.

I will agree that writers struggle with their own world because all they are doing is regurgitating stories told before, with a slight tweak but generally it is stuff you have seen and read before. I still say Soule did not get a chance to do what he wanted. He was caught in crossover and then pushed off the book for Tomasi...while I did not like his approach, he did try to incorporate smww stuff yet got carried away with forced tension and ooc stuff and then ignored Diana in her own shared series.
    It was a missed opportunity. But I think that even if they're not a couple anymore, a writer or an editor could still push for connecting SM and WW even for just a single storyline.

Article about the Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil

Monica’s Gang is America’s best selling comic… it just happens to mostly sell in South America, with around a 400,000 circulation. Created by Mauricio de Sousa and based on a newspaper comic strip from 1959, over the years the series has gained a large audience, with new characters constantly being added to the lineup, spinning off. Jimmy Five (Cebolinha) and Monica into her own comic book, Monica’s Gang. The stories revolve around the adventures of Monica and her many friends in a fictional neighborhood known as “Lemon Tree” inspired by the neighborhood of Cambuí, in Campinas and the city of Mogi das Cruzes, where de Sousa spent his childhood.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/12...ampaign=buffer

No plans to publish this set of crossover comics in the USA. For now, at least.
    Hoping this changes soon! Because it needs to be!
    Wow, it sell 10x more than the majority of comic books published by DC. 😅

During the new 52, there were the right circumstances to connect more their worlds as writers had to work with them as a couple but they didn't really do much. Right now, unfortunately there are no reasons anymore to try to connect their franchises. writers even struggle to work with their world individually. 😅

But importantly, DC needs to pay attention even in there own country, what they are selling appeals to a limited readership. They should be giving options. Not this black and white , recycled approach to properties like SM and WW especially.
    This is the main problem. Not understanding them individually causes writers to not understand their dynamic and not be able to write the pair as they should together. It is difficult, but it’s being made more difficult than it is.

Superman and Wonder Woman are universal characters. They don’t fit into one world. Instead of writing them as the bigger characters they are, because it’s deemed too difficult to do so and/or not relatable, they are written to be simplified, to make it easier. However, they lose exactly what makes these characters interesting.

As a couple, they have proven and showed they can reach a broader audience, even now as not a couple, with the daily posts, it’s still very much proven and shown there is still an abundance of interest and untapped potential. No more surface nicking.

Instead of writing them as the bigger characters they are, because it’s deemed too difficult to do so and/or not relatable, they are written to be simplified, to make it easier. However, they lose exactly what makes these characters interesting.

As a couple, they have proven and showed they can reach a broader audience, even now as not a couple, with the daily posts, it’s still very much proven and shown there is still an abundance of interest and untapped potential. No more surface nicking.
    The bolded part for me is very very important. DC imo have tried to constrain, restrain, suppress to fit into a pigeon hole. And they sadly keep chipping away , especially at Superman. Most of his motivations and the traits that used to be his own, are gone and given to others. Or others seem to represent them even better than he does. Why should anyone in this day and age apologize for who and what they are? If SM was a poc or of another religion are we going to just shrug it off that his heritage was not that important to his identity? Of course not. Why do we have to diss his heritage or alien side too as if it does not measure up? I love Diana does not apologize for who and what she is. People nowadays relate to this. We have such a diverse audience now. Soule tried to get Clark to learn that self acceptance and identity was important and something that you had to balance in his run. Some DC writers try to speak about truth but truth is truth. You don't say half truths is truth. Diana is probably the real truth speaker in the DCU yet they don't give her enough credit for it. The idea of Clark Kent as a reporter and man trying to hide part of himself interacting with someone like her is an amazing thing for me. I see so much potential. Whether it is for Clark to learn more of himself or Diana to learn that there is more to the world that she knows or sees and it is very challenging. Soule's conversation with them on the balcony in issue one was very good as was that thread running through the book about them both trying to compromise as individuals to the demands of a relationship yet not losing themselves or what they vowed to do as heroes. And seeing that being together actually can be a good thing, even if it means fighting for it, while being in this huge , vast world that can have Gods and Alien Generals and Behemoths and the Internet and even family making life very interesting lol.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-16-2018 at 12:46 PM.

Art by Godstaff:

"Just so you know: I’m moving away from New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman. From now on, all images of the two will be in this likeness. which is simpler and I like the most.

Nothing original: Classic Superman without the stupid red trunks, or “reborn” Supes done well, and slightly changed, also classic, metallic accents back to gold, Wonder Woman with no permanent sword and shield or cape and high heels. Partial pteruges, just for modesty’s sake (an homage to the loincloth she wore on Kingdom Come). No superfluous jewelry as well.

No extra piping or paneling on their outfits and brighter colors."

http://godstaff.tumblr.com/post/1809...ay-from-new-52

Comic sample by Miguel Ángel Hernández Cedillo:

"#superman #wonderwoman #sample"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrXzhR3hTD-/

Digital-art by Gilberto Queiroz:

"#superman #wonderwoman #digitalart"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrdsIAGBUT5/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 12-16-2018 at 05:19 PM.

The bolded part for me is very very important. DC imo have tried to constrain, restrain, suppress to fit into a pigeon hole. And they sadly keep chipping away , especially at Superman. Most of his motivations and the traits that used to be his own, are gone and given to others. Or others seem to represent them even better than he does. Why should anyone in this day and age apologize for who and what they are? If SM was a poc or of another religion are we going to just shrug it off that his heritage was not that important to his identity? Of course not. Why do we have to diss his heritage or alien side too as if it does not measure up? I love Diana does not apologize for who and what she is. People nowadays relate to this. We have such a diverse audience now. Soule tried to get Clark to learn that self acceptance and identity was important and something that you had to balance in his run. Some DC writers try to speak about truth but truth is truth. You don't say half truths is truth. Diana is probably the real truth speaker in the DCU yet they don't give her enough credit for it. The idea of Clark Kent as a reporter and man trying to hide part of himself interacting with someone like her is an amazing thing for me. I see so much potential. Whether it is for Clark to learn more of himself or Diana to learn that there is more to the world that she knows or sees and it is very challenging. Soule's conversation with them on the balcony in issue one was very good as was that thread running through the book about them both trying to compromise as individuals to the demands of a relationship yet not losing themselves or what they vowed to do as heroes. And seeing that being together actually can be a good thing, even if it means fighting for it, while being in this huge , vast world that can have Gods and Alien Generals and Behemoths and the Internet and even family making life very interesting lol.
    Yes to all of this!! It just may be too deep to actually tackle
    Though, yes, Soule had a handle on the dynamic. From the very first issue, Soule showed what it meant by Diana being the challenge to Clark.

There is definitely a double standard and hypocrisy when it comes to the topic of “Truth”. Diana doesn’t hold anything back, she celebrates life and who she is, pushing Clark to do the same. Why should that be deemed as a bad thing?

Art by Godstaff:

"Just so you know: I’m moving away from New 52 Superman and Wonder Woman. From now on, all images of the two will be in this likeness. which is simpler and I like the most.

Nothing original: Classic Superman without the stupid red trunks, or “reborn” Supes done well, and slightly changed, also classic, metallic accents back to gold, Wonder Woman with no permanent sword and shield or cape and high heels. Partial pteruges, just for modesty’s sake (an homage to the loincloth she wore on Kingdom Come). No superfluous jewelry as well.

No extra piping or paneling on their outfits and brighter colors."

http://godstaff.tumblr.com/post/1809...ay-from-new-52
    Going to miss Godstaff’s new52 art but this is great!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-16-2018 at 01:41 PM.

The whole sample page by Gardenio Lima is on sale! It is gorgeous. Why is this a sample page?! It deserves to be in a comic book. This is the kind of vibe I am used to seeing for smww preflashpoint. The easiness and closeness they have in each other's company and the artist captured something new 52 was able to do that Rebirth can't quite do imo...Kal and Diana actually look like two of the hottest people on the planet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Avengers-Sa...QAAOSwyRdcFCO1

I wish someone could color this too.

Going to miss Godstaff’s new52 art but this is great!
    Even his art got "rebirthed". 🤣

The whole sample page by Gardenio Lima is on sale! It is gorgeous. Why is this a sample page?! It deserves to be in a comic book. This is the kind of vibe I am used to seeing for smww preflashpoint. The easiness and closeness they have in each other's company and the artist captured something new 52 was able to do that Rebirth can't quite do imo...Kal and Diana actually look like two of the hottest people on the planet.

That's beautiful. We've already seen a sample of the sample 😅, but the full page is another thing... Diana's look in the 3rd panel is simply gorgeous.

Hadn't rysketches already colored B&W SM/WW art in the past?

Ooohhh!!! This is beautiful! No dialogue, no color....but they still stand out and look so amazing together!
    Having a moment of peace on Themyscira?!
    That’s a good question. Why is this just a sample page?!