Page 211 of 281 FirstFirst ... 111161201207208209210211212213214215221261 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,165 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I would’ve actually been content with that. Building their friendship first and foremost, growing together still. Best friends with a deep love for each other is still very much in line with their relationship regardless.
    I dunno how much they'll deeply love each other in the next DCAU movies, but I feel confident that a kind of close friendship between them will be there despite the misstep of turning them into friends off-screen.

This reminds me of a quote...it explains in a more modern way their relationship.
    Bae is bae
    Even when bae isn't bae, that’s bae
    Together or not, that's bae
    When you see bae, know that's bae
    And bae will always be bae

Clark and Diana are “bestie-bae” LOL it’s a complicated unique relationship that again is so much fun to explore ecspecially in this modern time.
    It feels like you're describing two best friends with benefits. haha.

Yes because that would be both our reactions.
    It was random LOL you can’t think too much, you’ll get a headache.
    Insert Jackie Chan headache meme here.

Another familiar couple, Last Son! Hehe!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpFKPgHg...=1mxd1vxs3mxnm
    Them again too, no! You want me to start hating these folks. New people please. /kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I dunno how much they'll deeply love each other in the next DCAU movies, but I feel confident that a kind of close friendship between them will be there despite the misstep of turning them into friends off-screen.

It feels like you're describing two best friends with benefits. haha.

Insert Jackie Chan headache meme here.

Them again too, no! You want me to start hating these folks. New people please. /kidding
    Obviously they can’t be as close as we know they were/are/should be because of the off screen status quo change. I also don’t expect much development period because it’s back to the same old same old so development is cut period, even with other supporting characters like The Kents...they came out of nowhere, but we have to pretend they’ve been there. We just have to go with it and fill in the blanks ourselves I guess.

In a sense but isn’t that what they are anyway. They got away with too many “more than best friends” instances but yet still want to say “we just best friends”. And I think it’s cute referring to it as “bestie-bae”.

Yep exactly! LOL

You know they cute!!! Ecspecially the 3rd pic

They went backwards and it’s sort of redundant. This should’ve been something separate like “Gotham by Gaslight” but they also did a pre52 Teen Titans story, Judas Contract. It didn’t make sense with that either. This was a new timeline, different paths. The dynamics weren’t written the same. Trying to forcibly backpedal is why they are stuck in contrived plot holes now.
    Ideally, I would have preferred that they kept SM/WW in a romantic relationship at least in the animated films instead of sort of following the comics that sort of followed the movies. But, we got the SM/WW romance in the DCAU because it followed the comics, so...

Ideally, I would have preferred that they kept SM/WW in a romantic relationship at least in the animated films instead of sort of following the comics that sort of followed the movies. But, we got the SM/WW romance in the DCAU because it followed the comics, so...
    Which means if following the comics, we should’ve gotten Doomed or Final Days for new52 Superman not shoehorn in a pre52 story that’s not even the same even with the comics now. The Kents were still presumed dead even with Rebirth. Animation also didn’t fully do the “faithful” adaptation they claimed as well so why even cut an already developing storyline to jump backwards to something that would cause plot holes?

Obviously they can’t be as close as we know they were/are/should be because of the off screen status quo change. I also don’t expect much development period because it’s back to the same old same old so development is cut period, even with other supporting characters like The Kents...they came out of nowhere, but we have to pretend they’ve been there. We just have to go with it and fill in the blanks ourselves I guess.
    I think there's too little space to exploring fully these characters and their dynamics in these DTV animated movies as they were relegated mostly in team movies that came out once a year. We didn't even get the SM/WW romance properly shown like in the comics without an animated equivalent of Soule's SM/WW.

In a sense but isn’t that what they are anyway. They got away with too many “more than best friends” instances but yet still want to say “we just best friends”. And I think it’s cute referring to it as “bestie-bae”.
    Ok, I get it.

You know they cute!!! Ecspecially the 3rd pic
    They're probably "cute" in small doses. Not when I see them twice a week.

I’m just Clark Kent but @patte_cakez is truly #wonderwoman

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpNQr3mg...=1whdpztqrcgar

Este é meu Super-Homem!
    Grande amor da minha vida
    Me faz muito feliz
    E é a luz dos meus caminhos
    Ele é minha outra metade
    A minha maior verdade
    Minha Alma Gêmea
    Minha fantasia, minha realidade
    Te amo vida minha!
    Hoje, agora e por toda eternidade!..
    Translation: This is my Superman!
    Great love of my life.
    It makes me very happy
    And is the light of my ways
    He is my other half.
    My greatest truth
    My soul mate
    My fantasy, my reality
    I love you my life!
    Today, now and for all eternity! ..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpM9-Dph...d=730bs15b2sne
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-22-2018 at 05:25 PM.

Which means if following the comics, we should’ve gotten Doomed or Final Days for new52 Superman not shoehorn in a pre52 story that’s not even the same even with the comics now. The Kents were still presumed dead even with Rebirth. Animation also didn’t fully do the “faithful” adaptation they claimed as well so why even cut an already developing storyline to jump backwards to something that would cause plot holes?
    Following the comics doesn't mean slavish adapting every storyline. It's more about taking inspiration from the books and add their own spin on things. Even the SM/WW scenes in JL vs TT weren't from the comics at all.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-22-2018 at 05:30 PM.

I think there's too little space to exploring fully these characters and their dynamics in these DTV animated movies as they were relegated mostly in team movies that came out once a year. We didn't even get the SM/WW romance properly shown like in the comics without an animated equivalent of Soule's SM/WW.

Ok, I get it.

They're probably "cute" in small doses. Not when I see them twice a week.
    Well yes...that’s true...a lot of the development in general was diluted a bit but we still got to see some growth...still my top favorite scene of the movies is Diana saying Clark can always share his burdens with her.

Soule’s SMWW was practically prepped for an adaptation LOL...it’s just right there.

SMWW seem to have always been setting couple trends before it was even noticible as a trend LOL

Haha I understand!

Following the comics doesn't mean slavish adapting every storyline. It's more about taking inspiration from the books and add their own spin on things. For example, the SM/WW scenes in JL vs TT weren't from the comics at all.
    JLvTT was a storyline I don’t think was from comics at all period but yet it still flowed with the new52 timeline anyway. Giving the new teen titans team and Justice League team a new dynamic to fit the new timeline. There was no need to cut any already developing storylines for that but trying to force an old storyline with its own timeline and cutting what was already developing in this new timeline, as well as off screen rushed development to match this story is something totally different.

They went backwards and it’s sort of redundant. This should’ve been something separate like “Gotham by Gaslight” but they also did a pre52 Teen Titans story, Judas Contract. It didn’t make sense with that either. This was a new timeline, different paths. The dynamics weren’t written the same. Trying to forcibly backpedal is why they are stuck in contrived plot holes now.
    I could accept this more or less. they were using almost completely a team similar to that of that time. Dick, Kory, Garth, Raven, Terra. I think they were missing Cyborg, Donna (introduced at the end of the movie) Speedy and Wally. Be that as it may, this was not the roster of the new 52 teen titans. It does not deconstruct an already established history. It was a story with some characters, with qualities and attitudes of the pre-flaspoint introduction in the universe of the new 52 but that really did not affect continuity at all.

"Bae is bae
    Even when bae isn't bae, that’s bae
    Together or not, that's bae
    When you see bae, know that's bae
    And bae will always be bae"
    or
    “For me,
    you are fresh water
    that falls from trees
    when it has stopped raining. For me,
    you are cinnamon that lingers
    on the tongue and gives
    bitter words
    sweetening.
    For me, you are the scent of
    violins and vision
    of valleys
    smiling.
    And still,
    for me, your loveliness never ends.
    It traverses
    the world
    and finds its
    way back to me.
    Only
    me.”
    ― Kamand Kojouri
    SMWW fits into more popular or more refined settings, each one sets them to your liking! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk

JL #12 inspired painting by Wrkless:

"It’s ok to watch."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpPupc1h3bH/

Art by Toung Babuu:

"Its a bird, its a plane~ its the new marvel movie (?), Wonder Woman × Superman • feat. choi seunghyun & kwon jiyong. 😋"

https://twitter.com/youngbabuu/statu...03954403192832

"Superman & Wonder Woman metallic acrylic on paper A3 - 🌎🕺🌟😎👀👀👅🎨🎨 "

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpO5BVEhW8W/

Smile

Love this silhouette pic, very nice
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Art by Toung Babuu:

"Its a bird, its a plane~ its the new marvel movie (?), Wonder Woman × Superman • feat. choi seunghyun & kwon jiyong. ��"

https://twitter.com/youngbabuu/statu...03954403192832
    [
    This is so cute!!! I actually don’t mind the undies here but lol “Marvel” brand name again

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    or
    “For me,
    you are fresh water
    that falls from trees
    when it has stopped raining. For me,
    you are cinnamon that lingers
    on the tongue and gives
    bitter words
    sweetening.
    For me, you are the scent of
    violins and vision
    of valleys
    smiling.
    And still,
    for me, your loveliness never ends.
    It traverses
    the world
    and finds its
    way back to me.
    Only
    me.”
    ― Kamand Kojouri
    SMWW fits into more popular or more refined settings, each one sets them to your liking! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Beautiful quote!
    That’s true! It really depends on the mood but most of the songs I listen to or motivational uplifting couple quotes I see fits.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 10-23-2018 at 11:45 AM.

This is so cute!!!
    They deserve to be turned into toys.

I actually don’t mind the undies here but lol “Marvel” brand name again
    The Marvel brand is everywhere nowadays.
    In the comments, someone pointed out to the artist that SM/WW aren't Marvel characters.