Page 126 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2676116122123124125126127128129130136176226 ... LastLast
Results 1,876 to 1,890 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Some of you were already aware since this morning that I would have posted some panels from today's chapter (#9) of The Death of Superman tie-in digital comic.

There isn't really much to look in the issue, it's dedicated in its entirety to a huge and unnecessary recton of Superman and Wonder Woman's first meeting as we saw it in JL: Origin/JL: War and using Diana as a mouthpiece in the meanwhile. It was a really disappointed read.

Btw, here some on-topic panels from the issue...

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Diana referring to Clark as her best friend in a comic book published recently by DC... it must be a misprint. Probably the only good thing of the chapter.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2018 at 03:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Welp I mean there is a lot of projecting going on and it starts within him so sorry but he has to get the backlash of it. Contrivances and OOC behavior makes me shutter it’s so horrorfying
    Ah, hater. He wouldn't act this way if he had his own will.

At least its still hammering home the friendship. That much is more than we get in current continuity comics. Using her as a mouthpiece, and the condescension and contrivance of putting Superman in situation where he literally picks one over the other (and we know what he picks), that not so much.

I mean, whatever fictional relationship we're talking about, let it stand on its own two legs on those grounds alone. Kicking down the history of one (when theres's a history to be had; the reboot HAD no history to trample for anyone in-story) to build another one up is just cheap.

Some might be of the opinion that they won't be patronized and I get that. I'm kinda in a "I'll take what I can get" mode. Especially with stuff I'm not buying and just read snippets of for free, like this instance.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 09-26-2018 at 03:47 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Some of you were already aware since this morning that I would have posted some panels from today's chapter (#9) of The Death of Superman tie-in digital comic.

There isn't really much to look in the issue, it's dedicated in its entirety to a huge and unnecessary recton of Superman and Wonder Woman's first meeting as we saw it in JL: Origin/JL: War and using Diana as a mouthpiece in the meanwhile. It was a really disappointed read.

Diana referring to Clark as her best friend in a comic book published by DC recently... it must be a misprint. Probably the only good thing of the chapter.
    I’m utterly utterly....not surprised. So JL:WAR didn’t happen as we saw it? So that means TOA, and JL vs TT didn’t either....Wow! Who ever casted this huge illusion is just too good. You have to turn off your brain for a few minutes. We all need to be admitted into an institution for a couple of days but yet....nothing will still add up nor fit together. It’s like trying to force a puzzle piece in the wrong spot.

But seriously, how many times is Diana going to be used as a mouthpiece? The obvious bias-ness is like right in your face! LOL How many times is DC going to constantly contradict themselves. New52 happened how it did and ended how it did. This isn’t new52, it’s just using new52 aesthetics really.

Creating only more plot holes, contradictions and contrivances don’t help anything. But they had to try to make sense of their force plot lines even though it still doesn’t make sense. In the original content none of what they are trying to force in now never happened. The even applies to the Kents being alive too.

However, for Diana to call Clark her best friend, can’t get away from that connection. If we go by original content then yes, they were definitely best friends. Best Friends with inconvenient love. It’s beautifully heartbreaking. **turns on sad love songs**

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    At least its still hammering home the friendship. That much is more than we get in current continuity comics. Using her as a mouthpiece, and the condescension and contrivance of putting Superman in situation where he literally picks one over the other (and we know what he picks), that not so much.

I mean, whatever fictional relationship we're talking about, let it stand on its own two legs on those grounds alone. Kicking down the history of one (when theres's a history to be had; the reboot HAD no history to trample for anyone in-story) to build another one up is just cheap.
    And to think that I almost justified the way their break-up was handled in the DoS animated movie... I regret it. I have to get on the "hater bandwagon" this time because I can't stand this kind of writing.

Btw, I would've loved if the "best friend" moment would've happened without 20 half-pages of revisionism before it.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2018 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post

Some might be of the opinion that they won't be patronized and I get that. I'm kinda in a "I'll take what I can get" mode. Especially with stuff I'm not buying and just read snippets of for free, like this instance.
    100% agree with the bold. If one thing has so much of whatever it has on it’s own, why it necessary to tear down another thing? That’s not showing strength that’s showing a sign of weakness plus cheapness and laziness.

And to think that I almost justified the way their break-up was handled in the DoS animated movie... I regret it. I have to get on the "hater bandwagon" this time because I can't stand this kind of writing.

I would've loved if the "best friend" moment would've happened without 20 half-pages of revisionism before it.
    LOL not a hater if you call out contrivances and let the huge craters plots

I’ll take the original 5 years of original content for 200
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-26-2018 at 04:47 PM.

I’m utterly utterly....not surprised. So JL:WAR didn’t happen as we saw it? So that means TOA, and JL vs TT didn’t either....Wow! Who ever casted this huge illusion is just too good. You have to turn off your brain for a few minutes. We all need to be admitted into an institution for a couple of days but yet....nothing will still add up nor fit together. It’s like trying to force a puzzle piece in the wrong spot.
    Haha. Sincerely, I highly doubt that these tie-ins are even considered by the people who are making the animated movies.

But seriously, how many times is Diana going to be used as a mouthpiece? The obvious bias-ness is like right in your face! LOL How many times is DC going to constantly contradict themselves. New52 happened how it did and ended how it did. This isn’t new52, it’s just using new52 aesthetics really.
    Yeah, that's one thing that I don't like: characters (Diana in this and other cases) being used as a mouthpiece. It's not a good writing device regardless what the writers is trying to accomplish.

However, for Diana to call Clark her best friend, can’t get away from that connection. If we go by original content then yes, they were definitely best friends. Best Friends with inconvenient love. It’s beautifully heartbreaking. **turns on sad love songs**
    The "best friend" part is the only thing that I'm going to consider canon from this story.

I’ll take the original 5 years of original content for 200
    Ah, that's even better.

This is just beautiful!
    Love Around The World by Godstaff

https://www.deviantart.com/godstaff/...orld-765481659

Vintage 1988 DC Comics by Krypton Clothing Co. Oh,Superman! kissing Wonder Women truely love

Other SMWW shirts that are officially licensed and exclusive to Walmart as the Selfie.
    DC Comics Superman Kissing Wonder Woman Men's Graphic T-Shirt
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-26-2018 at 05:38 PM.

pff Well, I was not reading this comic, although I thought It could explain how Clark and Diana broke up, I did not have the patience for that and I did not like the little I saw of this comic.

Now, as has been said, this contradicts once again what has been seen in the movies, so my theory that DoS is an AU continues to be reinforced.

why are they still using Diana for this? they do not get tired?

Friendship is the only good thing.

but you know I'm still mad that they made a comic of this movie, why? Maybe to solve the many plot holes that the movie has? because if not, I don't understand it. the other movies had more coherence if they wanted to expand that universe could have made some comics of them, but no, only the only movie of the new 52 that I hate is the only one that has his own comic ...

This is just beautiful!
    Love Around The World by Godstaff

https://www.deviantart.com/godstaff/...orld-765481659
    Very nice
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 09-26-2018 at 05:24 PM.

Vintage 1988 DC Comics by Krypton Clothing Co. Oh,Superman! kissing Wonder Women truely love

This image is from the cover of AC #600. So DC has already licensed a SM/WW kiss almost 25 years before the JL #12 kiss shirts.

Diana referring to Clark as her best friend in a comic book published recently by DC... it must be a misprint. Probably the only good thing of the chapter.
    "You and me
    We used to be together
    Everyday together always
    I really feel
    That I'm losing my best friend
    I can't believe this could be the end
    It looks as though you're letting go
    And if it's real
    Well I don't want to know..." - No Doubt - Don't Speak...

Funny, the idea of SMWW together has always attracted me, this since the 70's! I'm from the Superfriends time! after Crisis on Infinity Earths I became more attached to the books of DC and, consequently, to both. I saw a spark of romance be born and then develop into a friendship so strong, so pure, that it transcended simple friendship ... it was the strongest platonic love of the comic books, and I even dare to say of modern literature if any writer wanted to have deepened. They had such a beautiful soul connection that built them both, he was always better, he gave his best alongside her and I can say the same about her ... of course some hate speeches have come up and some stories trying to contradict this have appeared but this is natural and those histories have been easily forgotten ... you know, one of the reasons Rebirth means nothing to me is that it lacks that connection, this friendship, this transcendental love, that purity. There is something missing in Rebirth SM's soul and Rebirth WW's soul and that lack is that one misses the other. The woman, the son and the boyfriend are worldly relationships, SMWW relationship is spiritual.

Haha. Sincerely, I highly doubt that these tie-ins are even considered by the people who are making the animated movies.

Yeah, that's one thing that I don't like: characters (Diana in this and other cases) being used as a mouthpiece. It's not a good writing device regardless what the writers is trying to accomplish.

The "best friend" part is the only thing that I'm going to consider canon from this story.

Ah, that's even better.
    I’m not even sure the point overall? They tried this with one of the Suicide Squad movies too....

Diana deserves so much better than her recent treatment outside and even in her own book.

Because being best friends is who they are together regardless so of course that’s the only thing believable.

Of course!

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    pff Well, I was not reading this comic, although I thought It could explain how Clark and Diana broke up, I did not have the patience for that and I did not like the little I saw of this comic.
    If you don't like the little you saw, you're going to like the rest even less. I don't really recommend it to any SM/WW fans.

why are they still using Diana for this? they do not get tired?
    Us fans are tired for sure.

Friendship is the only good thing.
    Agree.

but you know I'm still mad that they made a comic of this movie, why? Maybe to solve the many plot holes that the movie has? because if not, I don't understand it. the other movies had more coherence if they wanted to expand that universe could have made some comics of them, but no, only the only movie of the new 52 that I hate is the only one that has his own comic ...
    It doesn't solve anything about the movie, it just creates more contradictions with the previous films.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2018 at 05:44 PM.