Page 127 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2777117123124125126127128129130131137177227 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,905 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    "You and me
    We used to be together
    Everyday together always
    I really feel
    That I'm losing my best friend
    I can't believe this could be the end
    It looks as though you're letting go
    And if it's real
    Well I don't want to know..." - No Doubt - Don't Speak...

Funny, the idea of SMWW together has always attracted me, this since the 70's! I'm from the Superfriends time! after Crisis on Infinity Earths I became more attached to the books of DC and, consequently, to both. I saw a spark of romance be born and then develop into a friendship so strong, so pure, that it transcended simple friendship ... it was the strongest platonic love of the comic books, and I even dare to say of modern literature if any writer wanted to have deepened. They had such a beautiful soul connection that built them both, he was always better, he gave his best alongside her and I can say the same about her ... of course some hate speeches have come up and some stories trying to contradict this have appeared but this is natural and those histories have been easily forgotten ... you know, one of the reasons Rebirth means nothing to me is that it lacks that connection, this friendship, this transcendental love, that purity. There is something missing in Rebirth SM's soul and Rebirth WW's soul and that lack is that one misses the other. The woman, the son and the boyfriend are worldly relationships, SMWW relationship is spiritual.
    I read your post more than once, it's simply beautiful what you say about SM/WW. Their "spiritual" connection is greatly missing.

Transport yourself into space with the woman of your dreams. This is exactly what Superman has done on this t-shirt. Centered on this soft tee is a Superman and Wonder Woman Space Kiss.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superman-...&wl13=&veh=sem

2X Couple Partner Men's & Women's T-Shirts/Model Superman & Wonderwoman/in Different Color and Sizes/Tee Top Tank Shirt

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Diana referring to Clark as her best friend in a comic book published recently by DC... it must be a misprint. Probably the only good thing of the chapter.
    I don't give credence to forced or rushed writing and I have several collected graphic novels of new 52 Superman comics that frankly are better written than this so I choose to acknowledge them. I also choose to believe in the timeline that had the Doomsday virus etc that lead into Truth and Savage Dawn etc. Louise Simonson is in no way going to get the honor of undoing anything Pak or Soule did.

This Superman certainly is not the guy I read in the new 52 in terms of how he approached dating and women...This guy ie going after one woman ( who was culturally new to the world and men) when it's implying he wanted another then when he got with that other one continued lying to her in his alter ego. He seems to lack true integrity . I don't think the Kents should be pleased their son would behave that way. It makes one appreciate Byrne/ Perez Clark. And new 52 Clark was not perfect but he sure was not a liar.

Anyway I doubt this digital comic is going to be breaking any sales records on the charts. And does DC think SMWW fans care what they try to mandate? Won't make a difference to us. They forget we been through decades of being told smww should only be friends while they give them to us in AU. I find it so hilarious. It's that friendship that laid the groundwork and I'm not sure them doing this does anything for the status quo. I mean the DCEU had the status quo and fans are buying and playing with Gal and Henry dolls. Clark and Diana should be like the Cap and Widow in the MCU. DC don't understand nor know what they have.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-26-2018 at 05:55 PM.

"You and me
    We used to be together
    Everyday together always
    I really feel
    And if it's real

Funny, the idea of SMWW together has always attracted me, this since the 70's! I'm from the Superfriends time! after Crisis on Infinity Earths I became more attached to the books of DC and, consequently, to both. I saw a spark of romance be born and then develop into a friendship so strong, so pure, that it transcended simple friendship ... it was the strongest platonic love of the comic books, and I even dare to say of modern literature if any writer wanted to have deepened. They had such a beautiful soul connection that built them both, he was always better, he gave his best alongside her and I can say the same about her ... of course some hate speeches have come up and some stories trying to contradict this have appeared but this is natural and those histories have been easily forgotten ... you know, one of the reasons Rebirth means nothing to me is that it lacks that connection, this friendship, this transcendental love, that purity. There is something missing in Rebirth SM's soul and Rebirth WW's soul and that lack is that one misses the other. The woman, the son and the boyfriend are worldly relationships, SMWW relationship is spiritual.
    I think I need a bucket of ice cream now.... wow! Such a powerful post. And the lyrics just hit right in the feels.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Transport yourself into space with the woman of your dreams. This is exactly what Superman has done on this t-shirt. Centered on this soft tee is a Superman and Wonder Woman Space Kiss.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superman-...&wl13=&veh=sem
    Love how the description of this licensed product doesn't fit with the comic released today by DC. They should start to be more coherent, like yesterday.

From Heroes in Crisis #1 (2 of the panels mentioned by Sacred Knight in his post above)...

Superman and Wonder Woman as dinosaurs in Harley Quinn #50...

I love Clay Mann's art.

And SMWW dinos are win!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I don't give credence to forced or rushed writing and I have several collected graphic novels of new 52 Superman comics that frankly are better written than this so I choose to acknowledge them. I also choose to believe in the timeline that had the Doomsday virus etc that lead into Truth and Savage Dawn etc. Louise Simonson is in no way going to get the honor of undoing anything Pak or Soule did.

This Superman certainly is not the guy I read in the new 52 in terms of how he approached dating and women...This guy ie going after one woman ( who was culturally new to the world and men) when it's implying he wanted another then when he got with that other one continued lying to her in his alter ego. He seems to lack true integrity . I don't think the Kents should be pleased their son would behave that way. It makes one appreciate Byrne/ Perez Clark. And new 52 Clark was not perfect but he sure was not a liar.

Anyway I doubt this digital comic is going to be breaking any sales records on the charts. And does DC think SMWW fans care what they try to mandate? Won't make a difference to us. They forget we been through decades of being told smww should only be friends while they give them to us in AU. I find it so hilarious. It's that friendship that laid the groundwork and I'm not sure them doing this does anything for the status quo. I mean the DCEU had the status quo and fans are buying and playing with Gal and Henry dolls. Clark and Diana should be like the Cap and Widow in the MCU. DC don't understand nor know what they have.
    Hey, if they can ignore their own established continuity this way, then we can do the same and pick and choose whatever we want.

Love how the description of this licensed product doesn't fit with the comic released today by DC. They should start to be more coherent, like yesterday.
    Right! The puzzles pieces still just don’t fit.

Hey, if they can ignore their own established continuity this way, then we can do the same and pick and choose whatever we want.
    Exactly! Greg Pak and Charles Soule worked too hard for years for this lazy comic to come and try to shaft them overnight. Soule reminds us all the time..."Their love is ( still) real."

"You and me
    We used to be together
    Everyday together always
    I really feel
    And if it's real

Without words, you have explained in a great way why I love SMWW. They are not just a love story , they are "the love story". That great friendship they shared, that made them so perfect for each other ... it's just almost impossible to see it in other characters.

no way! Louise Simonson is writing this? damn ... she was one if not my favorite writer of the X-men, It is curious how it depends where the writer is hated or loved. Soule in SMWW is really loved but in the X-men I've only heard hatred against him and his writing. Louise Simonson is really loved for her X-factor writing but I think I don't like her that much in DC well, I gues nobody is perfect hahaha.

Do you know how funny this is? Cap and Widow have never been a couple. Natasha and Bucky or Clint (Hawkeye) yes, but not with Steve. Diana and Clark have not only been canonically a couple, but they have together one of the best stories of DC: Kingdom Come. they should have what Cap and Natasha have in the MCU and much more. I just don't understand DC.
    Last edited by JeisonWolf; 09-26-2018 at 06:19 PM.

I keep seeing many variations of these sets. DC/WB business sense kinda worries me. These are amazing and it is mind blowing if people are doing this as custom. I know Bioworld did a licensed his/her SMWW ringset that Hot Topic sold...but these seem better quality and very well crafted. Like could be legit used for wedding/ engagement etc.

I agree! Rules are not worth it anymore! DC broke them so we can break them too!

Those are from really smart people that get how to speculate on SM/WW.

Exactly! Greg Pak and Charles Soule worked too hard for years for this lazy comic to come and try to shaft them overnight. Soule reminds us all the time..."Their love is ( still) real."
    God bless Soule. Their love is still real somewhere in the multiverse and in the fans' imagination.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-26-2018 at 06:21 PM.