Page 128 of 281 FirstFirst ... 2878118124125126127128129130131132138178228 ... LastLast
Results 1,906 to 1,920 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I keep seeing many variations of these sets. DC/WB business sense kinda worries me. These are amazing and it is mind blowing if people are doing this as custom. I know Bioworld did a licensed his/her SMWW ringset that Hot Topic sold...but these seem better quality and very well crafted. Like could be legit used for wedding/ engagement etc.
    SuperWonder inspired weddings have been a huge trend this year. Rings sets, engagement, prewedding and wedding photo shoots have been shown every other day or week. The symbolism of not only the ring itself but to have SMWW logos engraved and how the couples have personally identified with SMWW is such a powerful sentiment.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-26-2018 at 06:25 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I agree! Rules are not worth it anymore! DC broke them so we can break them too!
    Vive l'anarchie!

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SuperWonder inspired weddings have been a huge trend this year. Rings sets, engagement, prewedding and wedding photo shoots have been shown every other day or week. The symbolism of not only the ring itself but to have SMWW logos engraved and how the couples have personally identified with SMWW is such a powerful sentiment.
    These trends get bigger also thanks to the rise of superheroes popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    Without words, you have explained in a great way why I love SMWW. They are not just a love story , they are "the love story". That great friendship they shared, that made them so perfect for each other ... it's just almost impossible to see it in other characters.

no way! Louise Simonson is writing this? damn ... she was one if not my favorite writer of the X-men, It is curious how it depends where the writer is hated or loved. Soule in SMWW is really loved but in the X-men I've only heard hatred against him and his writing. Louise Simonson is really loved for her X-factor writing but I think I don't like her that much in DC well, I gues nobody is perfect hahaha.

Do you know how funny this is? Cap and Widow have never been a couple. Natasha and Bucky or Clint (Hawkeye) yes, but not with Steve. Diana and Clark have not only been canonically a couple, but they have together one of the best stories of DC: Kingdom Come. they should have what Cap and Natasha have in the MCU and much more. I just don't understand DC.
    Story telling is what matters. Sometimes it's not what is given on a platter ...but what organically develops over time. Modern audiences, I think, give that we have so much options, don't all fall for the formulaic love story and many troupes are becoming outdated. SM and WW don't agonize over stuff a hero/civilian romance troupe does. It becomes something more where philosophy, ideology, culture, power, have to be explored. Their own duty and morality comes into examination, and even though they love each other, they never let that taint who they are. They don't shirk that so they can just make eyes at each other. Soule was sure to push that home and we love that about them. That they are always duty bound and would never allow the other to forget it. If Diana was to make Clark give up or turn evil or lose his way because she died or vice versa...then I'd say they did not do anything for each other as a couple. Where Clark and Diana stay in character ( Not you Injustice) we will always find they honor each other by staying true to who they are even if one died. This was so pre flashpoint. New 52. Even KC when we see to 1000 years...Clark still honoring her memory and their legacy.

She demands me to be nothing but my best self. This was something SM said of WW in a SM scholastic book. This is true. It was so in the new 52. DK. KC. The New Frontier. Diana even makes Clark uncomfortable at times and questions troupes that I see DC having to address in years to come. Esp the secret ID. It will be an irony when in time to come DC concoct some excuse to change it as if it was their idea all the time while WW actually brought that to the fore with the new 52.

Transport yourself into space with the woman of your dreams. This is exactly what Superman has done on this t-shirt. Centered on this soft tee is a Superman and Wonder Woman Space Kiss.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Superman-...&wl13=&veh=sem

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Comics...&wl13=&veh=sem

Gang, this is another licensed SMWW tee from Bioworld exclusive at Walmart. Wonder if they will be in the stores themselves too? Someone let us know if you head into any Walmart come October.
    Last edited by hellacre; 09-26-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Story telling is what matters. Sometimes it's not what is given on a platter ...but what organically develops over time. Modern audiences, I think, give that we have so much options, don't all fall for the formulaic love story and many troupes are becoming outdated. SM and WW don't agonize over stuff a hero/civilian romance troupe does. It becomes something more where philosophy, ideology, culture, power, have to be explored. Their own duty and morality comes into examination, and even though they love each other, they never let that taint who they are. They don't shirk that so they can just make eyes at each other. Soule was sure to push that home and we love that about them. That they are always duty bound and would never allow the other to forget it. If Diana was to make Clark give up or turn evil or lose his way because she died or vice versa...then I'd say they did not do anything for each other as a couple. Where Clark and Diana stay in character ( Not you Injustice) we will always find they honor each other by staying true to who they are even if one died. This was so pre flashpoint. New 52. Even KC when we see to 1000 years...Clark still honoring her memory and their legacy.

She demands me to be nothing but my best self. This was something SM said of WW in a SM scholastic book. This is true. It was so in the new 52. DK. KC. The New Frontier. Diana even makes Clark uncomfortable at times and questions troupes that I see DC having to address in years to come. Esp the secret ID. It will be an irony when in time to come DC concoct some excuse to change it as if it was their idea all the time while WW actually brought that to the fore with the new 52.
    That is part of Wonder Woman’s purpose. To give challenge to Superman. But this seems to be turned into a bad thing. Superman should be stuck in a one way comfort zone without question. Love and a relationship is not just given, it’s work. Soule wrote Clark and Diana to even put the world first. They made sacrifices together without question. Purely selfless.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-26-2018 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    "You and me
    We used to be together
    Everyday together always
    I really feel
    That I'm losing my best friend
    I can't believe this could be the end
    It looks as though you're letting go
    And if it's real
    Well I don't want to know..." - No Doubt - Don't Speak...

Funny, the idea of SMWW together has always attracted me, this since the 70's! I'm from the Superfriends time! after Crisis on Infinity Earths I became more attached to the books of DC and, consequently, to both. I saw a spark of romance be born and then develop into a friendship so strong, so pure, that it transcended simple friendship ... it was the strongest platonic love of the comic books, and I even dare to say of modern literature if any writer wanted to have deepened. They had such a beautiful soul connection that built them both, he was always better, he gave his best alongside her and I can say the same about her ... of course some hate speeches have come up and some stories trying to contradict this have appeared but this is natural and those histories have been easily forgotten ... you know, one of the reasons Rebirth means nothing to me is that it lacks that connection, this friendship, this transcendental love, that purity. There is something missing in Rebirth SM's soul and Rebirth WW's soul and that lack is that one misses the other. The woman, the son and the boyfriend are worldly relationships, SMWW relationship is spiritual.
    WoW. Wonderfully stated Deiasilva. You articulated the points of what draws many of us to Superman and Wonder Woman.

I just find it sickening the extent DC is willing to go in their attempts to discredit their relationship however, all to prop up their status quo. That comic panel of DoS is just another low for DC. I cannot wait for the day they have to eat the humble pie.

What they fail to realize in their myopic pursuit is that the more they attempt to undermine SMWW to prop up their status quo the more animosity, resentment, disdain and resistance they build towards their status quo due to their disrespect and just the outright offensive manner in which they have gone about things.

Add to that, is the blatant disrespect and undermining of the value and love of an iconic superheroine known for her love, the purity of her heart, her compassion, her wisdom and so many other positive attributes and all to insinuate that a woman such as Diana is somehow not good enough for Clark. How? Why? Where? All to say it must be Lois?! It is all so gag worthy, aka nauseating. I'm sick and tired of the contrivances honestly. Some can continue making their excuses or underplaying what DC is doing, but as for me I am down right offended.

All their efforts to undermine SMWW has led to a re-characterization of Wonder Woman that makes it difficult for me to connect to a character that was once so beloved to me. Plus the turning of Superman into a benevolent patriarch who is only happy to help out little old humanity only when things are good in his cocoon is just off putting. It is why I refuse to recognize Rebirth. However, with the continued revisionist history being employed when is enough going to be enough?

Nevertheless, it warms my heart that SMWW continues to transcend the plot contrivances of DC in the real life experiences of couple who recognize the qualities of these two characters that have drawn in many of us. Every proposal story, anniversary story, and stories of triumphs by real life couples is an affirmation to SMWW. So in this case "their hate (DC's) only makes us stronger." People recognize real when they see it.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    WoW. Wonderfully stated Deiasilva. You articulated the points of what draws many of us to Superman and Wonder Woman.

I just find it sickening the extent DC is willing to go in their attempts to discredit their relationship however, all to prop up their status quo. That comic panel of DoS is just another low for DC. I cannot wait for the day they have to eat the humble pie.

What they fail to realize in their myopic pursuit is that the more they attempt to undermine SMWW to prop up their status quo the more animosity, resentment, disdain and resistance they build towards their status quo due to their disrespect and just the outright offensive manner in which they have gone about things.

Add to that, is the blatant disrespect and undermining of the value and love of an iconic superheroine known for her love, the purity of her heart, her compassion, her wisdom and so many other positive attributes and all to insinuate that a woman such as Diana is somehow not good enough for Clark. How? Why? Where? All to say it must be Lois?! It is all so gag worthy, aka nauseating. I'm sick and tired of the contrivances honestly. Some can continue making their excuses or underplaying what DC is doing, but as for me I am down right offended.

All their efforts to undermine SMWW has led to a re-characterization of Wonder Woman that makes it difficult for me to connect to a character that was once so beloved to me. Plus the turning of Superman into a benevolent patriarch who is only happy to help out little old humanity only when things are good in his cocoon is just off putting. It is why I refuse to recognize Rebirth. However, with the continued revisionist history being employed when is enough going to be enough?

Nevertheless, it warms my heart that SMWW continues to transcend the plot contrivances of DC in the real life experiences of couple who recognize the qualities of these two characters that have drawn in many of us. Every proposal story, anniversary story, and stories of triumphs by real life couples is an affirmation to SMWW. So in this case "their hate (DC's) only makes us stronger." People recognize real when they see it.
    Thanks!
    I can not recognize the figure of my beloved heroine in Rebirth ... I miss the versions of WW that valued the SMWW dynamic .
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-27-2018 at 06:27 AM.

Super homem e mulher maravilha estão a todo vapor na campanha do setembro vermelho! Cuide da saúde do seu ❤ !! .
    Translation: Superman and Wonder Woman are at full throttle in the red September campaign! Take care of your health !! .

41610852_2312610352325617_765300367266359799_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoNgpF0n850/
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 09-27-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DC-Comics...&wl13=&veh=sem

Gang, this is another licensed SMWW tee from Bioworld exclusive at Walmart. Wonder if they will be in the stores themselves too? Someone let us know if you head into any Walmart come October.
    Are the stuff to wear the only types of licensed SM/WW merchandises that is produced today?
    I recall other types of merch when WB/DC still supported the pairing. Eg, the HeroClix SM/WW set...

https://wizkids.com/2015/10/16/dc-he...oman-unboxing/

"Get a sneak peek at DC Comics’ premiere power couple in the latest unboxing of DC HeroClix"
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-27-2018 at 07:48 AM.

That is part of Wonder Woman’s purpose. To give challenge to Superman. But this seems to be turned into a bad thing. Superman should be stuck in a one way comfort zone without question. Love and a relationship is not just given, it’s work. Soule wrote Clark and Diana to even put the world first. They made sacrifices together without question. Purely selfless.

Diana has done everything any one could do across continuities...constantly putting her life ( even reputation) on the line to protect Clark and his loved ones. She's been there in good and bad times. It never mattered to her whether he was powered or depowered. She was there. Offering support, advice, help whether she was just a friend or lover. There was never a condition to her caring for him like she has to be attracted to him to give him the time of day. Yet DC keep pushing this she has not enough humanity for the relationship because she is from another culture. Boy, talk about back ward troupes and xenophobic ideas. I never knew in a diverse place like the DCU...culture, race and dna frames a person's ability to be a good romantic partner or that humans surpass all others in being so sensitive, kind and heroic. I guess time and geography also factors in. Seeing Diana is from an island lost in time. Or maybe it is only reserved for Diana because sure does not factor in with other meta or hero couplings.

This is why I really liked what Soule did when he explored their relationship from the cultural side. He clearly showed a modern sensitivity and understanding of these differences and a genuine ...probably the most authentic manner in which Diana , an amazon warrior and princess , would adjust and evolve in a relationship in the early 21st century given her background and the way Clark, a modern journalist and social crusader, would have to approach what he is doing in terms of heritage, identity, duty, truth etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Are the stuff to wear the only types of licensed SM/WW merchandises that is produced today?
    I recall other types of merch when WB/DC still supported the pairing. Eg, the HeroClix SM/WW set...

"Get a sneak peek at DC Comics’ premiere power couple in the latest unboxing of DC HeroClix"

I think it is not only DC that authorizes merch. Many companies seek licenses from DC to do SMWW product like say Bioworld. We will see smww merch even if DC themselves are not using the couple. The companies use what is in pop culture, what they believe prob is popular, what probably sells more, etc. DC would be stupid to say no, right? And if WB/DC because of some crazy reason decide to say no to smww merch...people will do custom or bootleg. I see tons of SMWW stuff people decide if DC won't give it...we will get it made.

Come Halloween ...DC might be pushing other things but some costume companies will have SMWW stuff paired up like always. That will never stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

DC shop still has these phones cases

https://www.shopdcentertainment.com/...one-and-galaxy

Other than these, haven’t seen much of anything even as individuals unless it’s DCEU merch.

Superman and Wonder Woman got married, and look what happened

https://m.facebook.com/1000082806366...7310078221659/

Personalised wedding card for superhero lovers!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoG3F9zF...=1p0sh0hzf5cn0
    Last edited by LoveStar; 09-27-2018 at 08:36 AM.

DC shop still has these phones cases

Other than these, haven’t seen much of anything even as individuals unless it’s DCEU merch.
    I wonder these cases are not illusions?