Page 155 of 281 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL Superman said enough fighting, more loving
    He followed my advice to make love and not war then.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    He followed my advice to make love and not war then.
    Hahaha! Yep he sure did! Honestly, this whole image reminds me of the unpublished KC chapter scene... “wall pinning” conversation lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xarek View Post
    Check this piece from Paulo Siqueira (via his talent agency Chiaroscuro Studios). Was recently sold for 700 US dollars!!

This is gorgeous!! From her birth, becoming Wonder Woman, her complicated bestie/bae and her well known villains. Highlights of Wonder Woman

Hahaha! Yep he sure did! Honestly, this whole image reminds me of the unpublished KC chapter scene... “wall pinning” conversation lol
    Hmm, I've the feeling of not knowing what you're referring to.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Wow! Amazing art!!!! The kiss is so perfect! Superman IS part of her life, he is her best friend, her true love, the man of her dreams! When both are not near something is missing, there is an empty space, lack seasoning!
    One of the perfect quotes that very fitting for them: “Every person has their best friend, boyfriend/girlfriend and true love but if you’re really lucky…they turn out to be the same person.”

LOL at “lack seasoning”! But I agree.

KC's novelization has one of the best descriptions of the relationship between SM and WW.

Bride shares more pics from her wedding!

Last edited by LoveStar; 10-05-2018 at 12:56 PM.

KC's novelization has one of the best descriptions of the relationship between SM and WW.
    Hmm... tell me more, I haven't read the novelization.

Nice pics. I see that at the wedding was invited the whole Justice League... and Iron Man? Is that him on the left? Mr. Stark must have crashed the party, lol.

Hmm... tell me more, I haven't read the novelization.
    In the book their relationship is more deeply portrayed, the dialogues are deepened and we find that they have a constant physical relationship ... here are some excerpts:
    "To the Fortress?" he asked her.

"No, I don't want to go back there. Right here," she said.

"Is it private enough?"

"They're our friends."

"Is it safe?"

"Green Lantern builds good gyroscopes. They'll accommodate."

Superman and Wonder Woman spent the past week adding eighty-four souls to the informal roster of the Justice League and making a note of only nineteen among those with whom they met who needed further persuasion. Both of them needed a break...

here another one:

"There is no such thing, I learned from my late friend Wesley, as elephant privacy. Wesley was a compendium of generally useless but always interesting information. I tried to put his observations on elephant privacy to use in a sermon but there was no avoiding the essential frivolity of the analogy in order to make my way around it to the point—whatever that might be. But here is the basic idea:

Elephants are extremely intelligent animals. They are also undeniably huge. When two elephants are moved to enlarge the herd there is no place they can go to find privacy: no tree wide enough, no rock big enough, no corner isolated enough. If elephants required privacy for the procreative act, then the species would have become extinct long ago. So the occasion has become a highly ritualized party for the herd at large. The entire circle of family and friends of the celebrating pair of elephants howl and bellow and pound down the bush out of boundless joy over the wonderful thing that this pair are doing for the community.

Stomping and trumpeting. Stomping and trumpeting.

That, according to my friend Wesley, is what elephants do."

well I don't need to say that Alan Scott had a bit of difficulty maintaining the stability of the New Oa satellite due to the "activities" of his two friends and that the curiosity of the other satellite goers was awakened with the movements, some movements at a frenetic pace, but in the end everything was resolved in the best way possible.

But this is the one I like most, the one that confirms what I think:

"The Wonder Woman of my youth was a kind of icon. She appeared from nowhere to solve problems. Her tools were persuasion and intimidation, as much as her sword or her magic lasso. This woman is not so monolithic. She is complex. Certainly she is intimidating, but she's thoughtful and intellectually honest. And she is unpredictable. I think Kal-El was genuinely surprised when she asked King Arthur to provide a prison for rogue metahumans. And he was also surprised when she told him that her sisters on Paradise Island took away her diplomatic portfolio. I just don't think a young man—even a young Superman—could be wise or brave enough to enter her intimate world. This is a mature relationship."
    The Spectre looked. This was a mature relationship?

"These are people who come together only after doing a lot of living," I said. "Only after being vulnerable and disappointed a lot. After loving and being loved a lot. Both of them. A woman this formidable needs a man who's weathered, sanded down around the edges—or she needs to be with no one at all. And a man this weathered needs someone capable of making him forget the ghosts of his own sad stories—or he needs to be with no one at all."

I imagine SM and WW having a brief but fiery relationship in youth, something full of passion that becomes a deep friendship but that with the maturing of both becomes a solid and millenarian love.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 10-05-2018 at 01:51 PM.

In the book their relationship is more deeply portrayed, the dialogues are deepened and we find that they have a constant physical relationship ... here are some excerpts:
    "To the Fortress?" he asked her.

"No, I don't want to go back there. Right here," she said.

"Is it private enough?"

"They're our friends."

"Is it safe?"

"Green Lantern builds good gyroscopes. They'll accommodate."

Superman and Wonder Woman spent the past week adding eighty-four souls to the informal roster of the Justice League and making a note of only nineteen among those with whom they met who needed further persuasion. Both of them needed a break...

here another one:

"There is no such thing, I learned from my late friend Wesley, as elephant privacy. Wesley was a compendium of generally useless but always interesting information. I tried to put his observations on elephant privacy to use in a sermon but there was no avoiding the essential frivolity of the analogy in order to make my way around it to the point—whatever that might be. But here is the basic idea:

Elephants are extremely intelligent animals. They are also undeniably huge. When two elephants are moved to enlarge the herd there is no place they can go to find privacy: no tree wide enough, no rock big enough, no corner isolated enough. If elephants required privacy for the procreative act, then the species would have become extinct long ago. So the occasion has become a highly ritualized party for the herd at large. The entire circle of family and friends of the celebrating pair of elephants howl and bellow and pound down the bush out of boundless joy over the wonderful thing that this pair are doing for the community.

Stomping and trumpeting. Stomping and trumpeting.

That, according to my friend Wesley, is what elephants do."

well I don't need to say that Alan Scott had a bit of difficulty maintaining the stability of the New Oa satellite due to the "activities" of his two friends and that the curiosity of the other satellite goers was awakened with the movements, some movements at a frenetic pace, but in the end everything was resolved in the best way possible.
    Sounds good. My problem with SM/WW in KC (comic book) is that their romantic relationship is relegated to the epilogue and it's (almost) inexistent throughout the course of the story. Their romance really needed to be fleshed out more in the whole graphic novel.

But this is the one I like most, the one that confirms what I think:

"The Wonder Woman of my youth was a kind of icon. She appeared from nowhere to solve problems. Her tools were persuasion and intimidation, as much as her sword or her magic lasso. This woman is not so monolithic. She is complex. Certainly she is intimidating, but she's thoughtful and intellectually honest. And she is unpredictable. I think Kal-El was genuinely surprised when she asked King Arthur to provide a prison for rogue metahumans. And he was also surprised when she told him that her sisters on Paradise Island took away her diplomatic portfolio. I just don't think a young man—even a young Superman—could be wise or brave enough to enter her intimate world. This is a mature relationship."
    The Spectre looked. This was a mature relationship?

"These are people who come together only after doing a lot of living," I said. "Only after being vulnerable and disappointed a lot. After loving and being loved a lot. Both of them. A woman this formidable needs a man who's weathered, sanded down around the edges—or she needs to be with no one at all. And a man this weathered needs someone capable of making him forget the ghosts of his own sad stories—or he needs to be with no one at all."

I imagine SM and WW having a brief but fiery relationship in youth, something full of passion that becomes a deep friendship but that with the maturing of both becomes a solid and millenarian love.
    I almost missed reading your edit. I share your view of how their relationship should develop over the years.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-05-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Sounds good. My problem with SM/WW in KC (comic book) is that their romantic relationship is relegated to the epilogue and it's (almost) inexistent throughout the course of the story. Their romance really needed to be fleshed out more in the whole graphic novel.
    The format of the graphic novel does not allow a greater development of the romance of both, there was much happening and little physical space (limited number of pages). I even think that the author has relegated the romance to the background, perhaps thinking of a continuation of a longer series where it would go deeper into this.

The format of the graphic novel does not allow a greater development of the romance of both, there was much happening and little physical space (limited number of pages). I even think that the author has relegated the romance to the background, perhaps thinking of a continuation of a longer series where it would go deeper into this.
    Not really. In the original Alex Ross' pitch of KC, Kal and Diana was supposed to be a couple from the beginning of the story, living together. But when Ross and Waid develop the story and Superman became more isolated rather than semi-retired as in Ross' pitch, the romantic relationship with Diana was severely downplayed to emphasize Superman's isolation. Another wasted opportunity I'd say.

Not really. In the original Alex Ross' pitch of KC, Kal and Diana was supposed to be a couple from the beginning of the story, living together. But when Ross and Waid develop the story and Superman became more isolated rather than semi-retired as in Ross' pitch, the romantic relationship with Diana was severely downplayed to emphasize Superman's isolation. Another wasted opportunity I'd say.
    Oh Jesus.... why? Not smart... SMWW is a ready-made novel ... it has a beginning and an end with a lot of drama in between, a writer with the least willingness, talent and freedom to write could win prizes with them. It's the novel of the century, ready, well tempered, just needing a bit of yeast to become real but ... they refuse to give it to us.