Page 207 of 281 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217257 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    True but their fans have made it not seem so far. That’s the thing, expanding the brands outside of their norm or what they think it should only be. That’s the kind of creativeness SMWW has brought. Thinking outside the norm not only as far as comic books but products and marketing. It’s a win/win. They can still have SMWW selling as individuals but even more when they are marketed together.
    In this case, the companies themselves must propose their "outside of the norm" ideas to WB/DC and ask permission to use the joint SM/WW brands for their products/marketing.

Hahaha! oh that’s makes sense!

Creativeness strikes again!

Beautiful recreation of JL 12 “The Kiss” cover 2
    Wonder Woman and Superman Spray paint art by Eden

Last edited by LoveStar; 10-20-2018 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    In this case, the companies themselves must propose their "outside of the norm" ideas to WB/DC and ask permission to use the joint SM/WW brands for their products/marketing.
    You right. JPG was actually “commissioned”. So I guess in order for a partnership it does have to be the other company reaching out to DC/WB

You right. JPG was actually “commissioned”. So I guess in order for a partnership it does have to be the other company reaching out to DC/WB
    Exactly. I think that WB/DC can push for the DC collectible statues or similar stuff, but it's up to other companies asking the permission to use their characters (SM/WW in this case) for a different kind of products aimed to a wider group of people than the one that DC usually reach.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 12:47 PM.

Exactly. I think that WB/DC can push for the DC collectible statues or similar stuff, but it's up to other companies asking the permission to use their characters (SM/WW in this case) for a different kind of products aimed to a wider group of people than the one that DC usually reach.
    Hmmm...so that brings about the question of why these companies don’t reach out to help themselves even more. It’s a win/win

I read on the ComicBook Now website that so far only Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman and Batman are in the top 20 of the most popular costumes for Halloween. Apparently Superman is not so popular this year ... I think the amount of couples dressed in SMWW will help a lot to raise the hero's popularity on Halloween, but that's still not enough. Here's an excerpt: "If you are unsure of what's trending out in the Halloween costume world Google put together a handy tool they are coining Google's Spooky Frightgeist, which analyzes and lists out the most popular Halloween costumes for 2018 based on what is There are plenty of options to choose from, but you can bet DC and Marvel were in the top 20. " And here is the link: https://t.co/9ON7X03QNP It's a shame to see a hero like SM lose popularity this way, for mistakes both in DCEU and in his books.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 10-21-2018 at 01:00 PM.

Painting by Julie Yer:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpK4n2ElCMM/?

Art by Ed Middleton:

"1 spot open for commission work folks ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKMNIeg211/

Illustration by Scott DuBar:

"Cruel: Inktober Day 11. The unholy terror of rhe man who gave out broccoli on Halloween!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKfyDmHu0w/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I read on the ComicBook Now website that so far only Harley Quinn, Wonder Woman and Batman are in the top 20 of the most popular costumes for Halloween. Apparently Superman is not so popular this year ... I think the amount of couples dressed in SMWW will help a lot to raise the hero's popularity on Halloween, but that's still not enough. Here's an excerpt: "If you are unsure of what's trending out in the Halloween costume world Google put together a handy tool they are coining Google's Spooky Frightgeist, which analyzes and lists out the most popular Halloween costumes for 2018 based on what is There are plenty of options to choose from, but you can bet DC and Marvel were in the top 20. " And here is the link: https://t.co/9ON7X03QNP It's a shame to see a hero like SM lose popularity this way, for mistakes both in DCEU and in his books.
    Yeah, this is quite true. If we go by this, it’s very unfortunate. However, we have to take account that many of the men dress as “Clark Kent” with glasses and shirt reveal with their Wonder Women.
    For Superman, sure, he is the first hero etc...but his material is outdated.

Hoje realizamos em Cascavel - PR mais uma Ativação Panvel.
    Na ocasião nosso Super Homem e a Mulher Maravilha realizaram a distribuição de Balas, Balões e Lenços Umedecidos para os frequentadores do Lago Municipal.
    Mais uma ativação de sucesso RP Promo Eventos e Marketing Promocional, vem você também pra Rp Promo, nossa meta é o seu sucesso!! �� ��������
    Translation: Today we held in Cascavel - PR another Panvel Activation.
    At the time our Superman and Wonder Woman performed the distribution of Bullets, Balloons and Moist Scarves to the attendants of the Municipal Lake.
    Another successful activation RP Promo Events and Promotional Marketing, you also come to Rp Promo, our goal is your success !!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpLF_B5g...d=qvums1ypbwa8

Oi pessoal, apresento a vcs meu maninho Theo. Chegou dia 21/09. Estão percebendo que eu amei né ?! Perceberam mais alguma coisa ? Nós temos super poderes , cuidado , não olhe demais pra foto , grande risco de se apaixonar! 😍

Translation: Hi everyone, I present to you my little brother Theo. Arrived on 9/21. Are you realizing that I loved you? Did you notice anything else? We have super powers, careful, do not look too much at the photo, big risk of falling in love!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpKLLqFn...d=m6ussy9fkljs

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Yeah, this is quite true. If we go by this, it’s very unfortunate. However, we have to take account that many of the men dress as “Clark Kent” with glasses and shirt reveal with their Wonder Women.
    For Superman, sure, he is the first hero etc...but his material is outdated.
    Both Harley and Wonder Woman got a boost in popularity for Halloween costumes thanks to the movies (SS and WW) but Superman didn't yet had anything equivalent in recent years. MoS is probably the close thing but I dunno how much it impacted the sale of Kal's Halloween costumes.

Poor Supes... to sell, he'd probably need a joint set of Halloween costumes with Wonder Woman.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 01:33 PM.

Both Harley and Wonder Woman got a boost in popularity for Halloween costumes thanks to the movies (SS and WW) but Superman didn't yet had anything equivalent in recent years. MoS is probably the closet thing but I dunno how much it impacted the sale of Kal's Halloween costumes.

Poor Supes... to sell, he'd probably need a joint set of Halloween costumes with Wonder Woman.
    Yep. While we do see more with DCEU Superman costume....it isn’t enough and unfortunately, Superman isn’t that much of popular choice in general except for majority of the time seeing SMWW pairs

Both Harley and Wonder Woman got a boost in popularity for Halloween costumes thanks to the movies (SS and WW) but Superman didn't yet had anything equivalent in recent years. MoS is probably the close thing but I dunno how much it impacted the sale of Kal's Halloween costumes.

For me it's at least strange to see a character as ambiguous as Harley grow in popularity while SM is being put off! SM has always been to me a pillar of all that is good, all that must be a classic hero! Forgive me if I am being radical but I blame, in part, this massive DC campaign to make him a dictator or even a cold being if by chance he loses his human love affair. People may not even comment, but on the inside, they slowly lose identification with the character! Of course this is not the only reason but I believe it contributes a lot!

Hmmm...so that brings about the question of why these companies don’t reach out to help themselves even more. It’s a win/win
    Yeah, a company could produce a bedding set with DCEU SM/WW like the ones posted by Hellacre. There's one problem... they're like strangers in the DCEU. The product wouldn't have much sense.

Yep. While we do see more with DCEU Superman costume....it isn’t enough and unfortunately, Superman isn’t that much of popular choice in general except for majority of the time seeing SMWW pairs
    He just needs a good successful movie to be popular again. But, at least as you said cosplaying as Superman and Wonder Woman is popular among couples.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-21-2018 at 01:55 PM.

After being ship-teased ever since the DC's shared universe was in its infancy (even playing with the idea of a potential marriage between the two), it was a matter of time before someone thought a story where Superman and Wonder Woman were an actual couple.
    In 1987, Alan Moore submitted to DC a proposal for a 12-issue crossover titled Twilight of the Superheroes whose main story should've been set 20 or 30 years in the future and featuring Superman and Wonder Woman as a married couple with two children.

Below are some excerpts from Moore's long proposal (24 pages) that give you a general idea of the story and the role of the Super-Wonder family in it.

The World and Its Background

The world of Twilight is not a world where the superheroes have deliberately taken over, but one where they have inherited the Earth almost by default as various social institutions started to crumble in the face of accelerating social change, leaving the superheroes in the often unwilling position of being a sort of new royalty. Even though government and civic authority has all but disintegrated, the various areas of America each have their own coteries of protecting superfolk to look after them, and the superheroes have thus tended to group into clans, each looking after a certain province. There are numerous "Houses" of this nature dividing America up into a kind of feudal barony system effectively, in terms of politics if not in terms of technology, which is as advanced as one might expect by 2000 A.D.

[...] At the time in which our central Twilight storyline takes place, there are eight "Houses", each containing a different superhero clan, scattered across America, although as we shall see some of these are pretty well abandoned or non-functioning in any active sense.

The Houses of the Heroes: House of Steel, House of Thunder, House of Titans, House of Mystery, House of Secrets, House of Justice, House of Tomorrow and the House of Lanterns.

House of Steel

This is one of the two most powerful clans, and it dominates the eastern seaboard around New York and environs. Alternatively, if I change my mind it could be outside America altogether and set in the Arctic Circle, based around a new Fortress of Solitude. This is because the House of Steel consists of the clan founded by Superman— we have Superman himself, a morally troubled figure who doesn't know what's best to do about the chaos he sees surrounding him, but who has come to accept that the Houses provide the only real permanent structure in a destabilizing world and are thus important to maintain. Superman has married and raised a couple of kids, and the person that he has married is Wonder Woman, who has had an identity change to Superwoman to accommodate her new stature— we see the genuine and powerful love between these two in the face of the perils of the world surrounding them and the desire to do what's best. They are also troubled by their two offspring— one of these is a new Superboy, and he's about eighteen when the story opens, and he's real bad news. The other child is a less delinquent Supergirl, a new one who, like Superboy, has been born of the union between Superman and Wonder Woman but who is much kinder and gentler, more her mother's child. Having three members in the Superman class and Wonder Woman (Superwoman) herself, they are obviously a clan to be reckoned with.

House of Thunder

The House of Thunder is the other major power, and possesses members with power in the same class as that of the House of Steel. The House of Thunder is composed of the Marvel family, plus additions. Captain Marvel himself is the patriarch. [...] Alongside Captain Marvel, there is Mary Marvel, who the Captain has married more to form a bona fide clan in opposition to that of Superman than for any other reason. [...] The other member of the Marvel clan is Mary Marvel Jr., the daughter of Captain and Mary Marvel Sr. Mary Jr. is fated to be part of a planned arranged marriage to the nasty delinquent Superboy during the course of our story, in order to form a powerful union between the two Houses. [...]

I'll post later some excerpts of the outlined plot.
    This sounds interesting. My main issue however, is that Wonder Woman is her own character in her own right and as such should never have to undergo a name change (nor a costume change) just because of who she is with. As much as I love SMWW as a couple, I will never be in support of her being referred to as "Superwoman."

I know I am threads behind, however, I like to pick up from where I left off on this page, as such I keep my tabs open until I can come back again ((shrugs)). Helps me stay on track with the speed with which this page moves.