Page 216 of 281 FirstFirst ... 116166206212213214215216217218219220226266 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Too bad we can't post half of his arts here.
    Should we begin to edit his drawings?

It has the potential to become an instant classic.
    It would take the fun away! but you can always try Tehe!

Isn’t most if not all of SMWW stories potential classics?

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It would take the fun away! but you can always try Tehe!
    No way, I should be paid to do it.

Isn’t most if not all of SMWW stories potential classics?
    Perhaps. As always, it all depends on the execution.

Here’s a look at our time from The Buddy Walk in beautiful downtown mobile! �� Spidey and friends had a great time spending their day with some amazing people! Special thanks to @cosplayingzoroark, @debbie_cakes_ , @endelose.cosplay and the rest of our causeplay group for coming!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXc_4pA...=1kstuebs8ldxh

Here’s a look at our time from The Buddy Walk in beautiful downtown mobile! �� Spidey and friends had a great time spending their day with some amazing people! Special thanks to @cosplayingzoroark, @debbie_cakes_ , @endelose.cosplay and the rest of our causeplay group for coming!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXc_4pA...=1kstuebs8ldxh
    I'd like too see Superman and Wonder Woman doing "charity" in the comics like some of the cosplayers and couples we see posted here. Even with people with the kind of disability of the picture above. I've never seen these people represented in comic books.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-27-2018 at 05:41 AM.

I'd like too see Superman and Wonder Woman doing "charity" in the comics like some of the cosplayers and couples we see posted here. Even with people with the kind of disability of the picture above. I've never seen these people represented in comic books.
    Yes, this is definitely needed. I see a lot of posts like this, be it at hospitals or events and there is one couple dedicated every year to visit children and helping around the community (You’ve seen them before with the body paint).
    There is also a fan short story I saw on deviantart. Really sweet and cute...I think it’s years old though. But I will find it.

Yes, this is definitely needed.
    DC could also produce some comics (feat. SM/WW ) in collaboration with the associations that take care of these children.

I see a lot of posts like this, be it at hospitals or events and there is one couple dedicated every year to visit children and helping around the community (You’ve seen them before with the body paint).
    Yeah, I'm familiar with them.

There is also a fan short story I saw on deviantart. Really sweet and cute...I think it’s years old though. But I will find it.
    I'm curious to read it and I'm sure you'll find it, Lara.

Yes, this is definitely needed. I see a lot of posts like this, be it at hospitals or events and there is one couple dedicated every year to visit children and helping around the community (You’ve seen them before with the body paint).
    Here in Brazil we have a group of doctors and nurses who dress up as superheroes to bring joy to the children in treatment against cancer and other diseases, among these doctors is a friend of mine, a pediatric dermatologist who says that SM and WW are among the most beloved, children really see them as the ultimate heroes, as a vision of hope.

capture-20181027-105325.jpg

Me with my Wonderful Wife
    at Comic-Con Germany in Berlin !
    Next Con, Animaco this Saturday

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpZdHbgA...d=4oud3ka2r02i

Motor City Comicon 2018!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpYNfBOg...id=5iq1ut80ujq

Super Heroes Unite! 🤜🤛Happy Halloween everyone!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpY4WuNH...d=rh01jmh8e9sb

Wow, gang, so much stuff to comment on! As usual great job to our superwonderful tag team of Last Son and Love Star! I am going to just generally comment on stuff discussed.

Love the Halloween costume and cosplay pics. And I saw that Superman has dropped in popularity this year in Halloween related stuff, but not surprising to be honest. I am positive whatever traction he has in Halloween some of it Wonder Woman has to take credit given the amount of couples and families that portray SuperWonder. It's funny how DC and some Super fans like to diss Diana as not important to Superman as a character and cite Batman as more important but if it was not for her...many Superman costumes prob sit on those shelves. It's great too to see that LGBTQ opt to dress as SMWW and not as BMSM or as Last son said WWSG. It's not even a gender thing SMWW...it's about a spirit , ideals, goals, dreams, inspiration...they are the zeitgeist and DC/WB are failing to see it.

The idea anyone can burn or destroy books or statues that have SMWW because of insecurity and hate says a lot about them. The fascistic quality is not something SuperWonder fans possess. I mean we'd have to destroy the whole of preflashpoint if we has problems with seeing SM or WW with someone else. And it is preflashpoint that actually bloomed and cemented the SMWW ship, actually showing Clark and Diana's bond is much deeper and complex because it is in the realm of unconditional, selfless and sacrificial love...which in fact is real love. Our fans are tolerant even in the way they treat books and I am proud of that.

I am glad someone brought up Our World At War. If ever there was a large event to show the love, friendship, trust, understanding between Clark and Diana it is that. If that story was turned into a live action I am positive most audience would root for those two. She just knows and understands him. His burdens, fears and hopes because she walks in his shoes. She does what she can to help him do his job better by doing hers, and not getting in his way or making feel guilty etc. They way they care for each other and would try to help and protect each other....it is embodied on one of the greatest comic covers by Adam Hughes. Even in the aftermath, she is there for him and even his loved ones. Several new smww fans or readers with no horse in the race...often want to know why did n't these two get together after this event? It was such a life changing, huge event that put them all to the test? I tell them, DC. DC has no true consequences, esp for Superman. That is why he is stagnant. No matter what he never really matures because they need to keep the status quo. eg after 1000 years in battle a man would return mature, seasoned, immensely skilled, wiser etc...instead we get a SM that behaves as if nothing happens and subsequent stories with him he remains a naive boyscout who can't fight or lead. Fact after everything you'd think SM would prob be as smart and skilled as Bats. But nope.

Anyhow, panels showing this connection. One does not need to make declarations of love or have sex to show love. It's in actions. And if actions dictated love...Superman loves Wonder Woman and vice versa...even when they were not a couple.

Another story that showed this understanding and sacrifice for in the new 52 ( outside of their own book) was Doomed.

@Lady P... real life is demanding. I wish I could write more. I have a fic hanging right now. To start another is nigh impossible. Sorry.

Love all the new smww fan art too! We keep getting them despite it all! Yay.

And I have a couple of little comic news to share.

https://twitter.com/comichron/status...23045955850240

DC had the most reordered hardcover, softcover, and comic book last week, finishing 1-2-3. Absolute Kingdom Come was first; Batman White Knight dethroned Infinity Gauntlet as top TPB; and the foil Batman #56 was top comic.
    At $99 per vol KC would make some money for DC I'd say.

And Frank Miller announced at Comic Con in France a World War 2 Trinity story. It is no definitive indication it means smww but they prob will have interaction if it involves the Trinity and the WW2 setting should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/LesComics_fr/sta...71664263331840
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-27-2018 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    And I have a couple of little comic news to share.

https://twitter.com/comichron/status...23045955850240

At $99 per vol KC would make some money for DC I'd say.

And Frank Miller announced at Comic Con in France a World War 2 Trinity story. It is no definitive indication it means smww but they prob will have interaction if it involves the Trinity and the WW2 setting should be interesting.

https://twitter.com/LesComics_fr/sta...71664263331840
    Ahhhhh hello Hellacre, herald of good news! I'm excited about the story of Frank Miller, in the way he does a very interesting SMWW, I'm curious what will be the relationship of the three, if they already knew each other or will be like a new origin of Trinity. As for Kingdom Come, it really is a worldwide bestseller, one of the top five comic books ever written and will always bring immense profits to the company!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Ahhhhh hello Hellacre, herald of good news! I'm excited about the story of Frank Miller, in the way he does a very interesting SMWW, I'm curious what will be the relationship of the three, if they already knew each other or will be like a new origin of Trinity. As for Kingdom Come, it really is a worldwide bestseller, one of the top five comic books ever written and will always bring immense profits to the company!
    I read some stuff Frank Miller said about how he is approaching SM in Year One...nothing to do with smww or anything...but the way Clark/Kal will operate and I love what I am hearing. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/14/fran...d-justice.html
    Him mentioning Diana and wanting her in it would be icing on the cake. Just a side note funny how some of the Con panels are better reported than others. Like if it were not for Comics Beat we'd never know of Diana. And this one does an excellent job in relaying what Miller said.

The Trinity WW2...yeah. I would be excited for that too. I guess he prob going with Golden Age powersets for them both. Kal as a soldier or part of the War machine for the allies, Diana inspiring troupes, Bruce spying...The thought of it makes me very excited. I pray they get to do this.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-27-2018 at 11:26 AM.

Illustration by Rysketches (lol at Diana's expression):

"My contribution to that meme (very late). Distracted Boyfriend/When ya Girlfriend bisexual. This was a request ask on my tumblr"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpYb0YvBFcH/

Art by comic books artist Dheeraj Verma:

"I am really overwhelmed with everyone's birthday wishes. It's a return gift from my side to all. Commission Superman and Wonder Woman in love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpbWWv6gv7x/

Panel from Justice League Odyssey #2 by Stjepan Šejić (flashback to Darkseid War):

http://fysupermanwonderwoman.tumblr....ague-odyssey-2
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-27-2018 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I read some stuff Frank Miller said about how he is approaching SM in Year One...nothing to do with smww or anything...but the way Clark/Kal will operate and I love what I am hearing. https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/14/fran...d-justice.html
    Him mentioning Diana and wanting her in it would be icing on the cake. Just a side note funny how some of the Con panels are better reported than others. Like if it were not for Comics Beat we'd never know of Diana. And this one does an excellent job in relaying what Miller said.

The Trinity WW2...yeah. I would be excited for that too. I guess he prob going with Golden Age powersets for them both. Kal as a soldier or part of the War machine for the allies, Diana inspiring troupes, Bruce spying...The thought of it makes me very excited. I pray they get to do this.
    What I like about Frank Miller is that he's totally amazing! We know that he will get out of the conventional, that he will move away from the politically correct, that he will do something more crude but even so it will be something totally different from what we have already seen of SM and the fact that he wants to put Diana in history with certainty is a door, a window into a possible future relationship of both!

Illustration by Rysketches (lol at Diana's expression):

"My contribution to that meme (very late). Distracted Boyfriend/When ya Girlfriend bisexual. This was a request ask on my tumblr"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpYb0YvBFcH/

Art by comic books artist Dheeraj Verma:

"I am really overwhelmed with everyone's birthday wishes. It's a return gift from my side to all. Commission Superman and Wonder Woman in love"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpbWWv6gv7x/

Panel from Justice League Odyssey #2 by Stjepan Šejić (flashback to Darkseid War):

http://fysupermanwonderwoman.tumblr....ague-odyssey-2
    Hhehehehheh I love Rysketches sense of humor!
    I hope to see more art from Dheeraj Verma, he is very good!
    How are they doing re-reading Darkseid War after rebirth? If the story was already confusing before now that everything has turned into a mess it must have gotten worse.

George Perez was ahead of his time, probably one of the very few people in those days who saw the potential of Wonder Woman's character.
    He did a lot to elevate Diana... even the friendship with Clark gave her prominence and importance as you had the all-mighty Superman of all people admiring a lot her (just look at Superman's speech "for Diana" during War of the Gods) and pining a little for her too.

I think the WW film played a bigger role in raising her importance in recent times.

“Oh Diana,you placed your trust in humanity and this is how you are rewarded. Those eyes…so hopeful…so honest…it’s no wonder I nearly fell for them…A Wonder Woman who just wanted to be everyone’s friend…and mine…”

This is in print. I consider it canon. It's as close to Clark admitting his feelings for her. You don't say something like this lightly. Nearly falling for someone? Come on. The only reason he did not was because Diana was not ready for anything being so green etc. This panel would go hand in hand with that one from that Day In the Life story where she admits to Lois she could have had a relationship with Kal when she had the chance but she did not understand male/female relationships etc. It is an admission on her part that she regretted it on some level but she is honest enough to admit it and shows smll relationship only respect. In summation...if Diana was ready...it prob would have been her and Kal. It really was because of her and timing it never happened. And I don't have any problem with this. I do have probs with the nonsense in the recent animation though because imo nothing romance wise is earned in DOS. Unlike comics, there was a reasonable explanation. Diana was too young. In new 52 she was 5 years in the world making her more experienced. I am glad some of you can like the set up in the DCAU but I can't. It's out of nowhere and if something I cannot abide is lazy story telling. I fully expect her to be used as a mouthpiece to prop the rushed agenda. Not giving any reasonable explanation as to whey they broke up or how they did . And I have no expectations to see anything smww related in other animated movies anymore. Not even friendship because if their inspiration is comics...well comics is making sure to keep them apart in live media. We see in in movies and we will see it in animation going forward I expect. If I am wrong I will be the first to admit it but I don't see even see the friendship being respected.
    Last edited by hellacre; 10-27-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    What I like about Frank Miller is that he's totally amazing! We know that he will get out of the conventional, that he will move away from the politically correct, that he will do something more crude but even so it will be something totally different from what we have already seen of SM and the fact that he wants to put Diana in history with certainty is a door, a window into a possible future relationship of both!

Hhehehehheh I love Rysketches sense of humor!
    I hope to see more art from Dheeraj Verma, he is very good!
    How are they doing re-reading Darkseid War after rebirth? If the story was already confusing before now that everything has turned into a mess it must have gotten worse.
    Look at his torn cape. . This is not our new 52 SM or WW. Just mess.