Page 221 of 281 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231271 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    That’s why we love, value and understand them as a couple and as individuals. They don’t need to be together on every page for validation/relevance. However they do need to be written respectfully and interestingly. As said, it take a very confident writer to accept the challenge of writing this strong powerful partnership without any kind of short cuts or deeming even just a bit of one or the other’s spotlight.
    All of this right here. To me, that's all it ultimately boils down to. When the writer understands what both character brings to each other and said character respects both Superman and Wonder Woman as individuals characters and together it is reflected in how they are written. In this, effort will be made to write the strong and powerful partnership that would naturally exist between these two. It is something that as you accurately stated should be done in a respectful and interesting manner because for these two characters it should be no less than that. It makes for intriguing stories and thought provoking reading if done right.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'd have loved a build up like that of their date in the 80s.
    For me, that is the ultimate SMWW storyline. A build up of their relationship in which they grow from friends with underlying romantic attractions to full blow romance. I guess is why I look to preflashpoint SM/WW so much when it comes to how they should be portrayed in many instances. That bond that was forged is something that was so beautiful and for me what separated their relationship with anyone else. There is true foundation laying and that is important for me if there is to be any buy-in on my part.

George Perez was ahead of his time, probably one of the very few people in those days who saw the potential of Wonder Woman's character.
    He did a lot to elevate Diana
    ... even the friendship with Clark gave her prominence and importance as you had the all-mighty Superman of all people admiring a lot her (just look at Superman's speech "for Diana" during War of the Gods) and pining a little for her too.

I think the WW film played a bigger role in raising her importance in recent times.
    This is why he remains the ultimate writer for me when it comes to how Diana should be portrayed. In recent times it seems that more writers are more interested in sensationalizing Diana than in writing meaningful and interesting stories which doesn't undermine her mythos as well as her as a character.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    Well said Hellacre. You make some very strong and intersting points as well.
    It's amazing how fans of these two are able to recognize what DC either fails to see themselves or deliberately ignore. There is this mindset that the only interesting relationship in any form of media most be one between opposites. This toxic notion is continually messaged when and reinforced when that is all we are allowed to see. To say that two characters who are good in their own right, who share similar values, and goals should not be together because it is "too obvious" or "too nice" is a very sad and detrimental mindset and one that we must stop reinforcing especially for our more impressionable audience. Data shows that relationships, in this case marriage, between opposites almost always ends in divorce. The truth is that when opposites do attract, it is only for a short period of time. Strong lasting healthy relationships are composed by individuals who share similar views and values. They are made up of people who have more in common with one another than what they differ. I'm just tired of the romanticization of what is essentially toxic and unhealthy relationship values simply because of shallow mindsets.

What I loved about SMWW's bond preflashpoint, is how organic and authentic it felt. It was literally something to admire and aspire for. It was a relationship in which both individuals are challenged by one to grow. No stagnation. There was a safety and security of knowing that you could be vulnerable with the other without fear of judgement. It felt real and raw at times. It was compelling and it was beautifully and it felt earned. So the loss of it was also felt, because there was buy-in.

Everything currently feels so manufactured. There is no real build up. You are just supposed to accept things because that is what is being offered and the status quo demands it. It's all so surface level and no depth.
    Despite not being "opposites", Diana and Kal have enough difference to create "drama" in a story.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    For me, that is the ultimate SMWW storyline. A build up of their relationship in which they grow from friends with underlying romantic attractions to full blow romance. I guess is why I look to preflashpoint SM/WW so much when it comes to how they should be portrayed in many instances. That bond that was forged is something that was so beautiful and for me what separated their relationship with anyone else. There is true foundation laying and that is important for me if there is to be any buy-in on my part.
    Agreed. The pre-FP era is the one that defined most their relationship. Still the golden standard of the depiction of their friendSHIP.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 10-28-2018 at 04:45 PM.

“Every Superman needs a Wonder Woman.”
    “7 billion people in the world and my heart choose you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpdncx7lIgs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdqbfanFfm/

“My Superman forever”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdPG9mAJp_/

I'd like too see Superman and Wonder Woman doing "charity" in the comics like some of the cosplayers and couples we see posted here. Even with people with the kind of disability of the picture above. I've never seen these people represented in comic books.
    Agreed. I know that in preflashpoint Diana had the center/safe space for abused women and girls. Other than Superman's "Peace on Earth" and Wonder Woman's "Spirit of Truth" I don't think we have really gotten a comic in which either or both went around visiting and comforting people in need. It would be nice to see in the comics Superman and Wonder Woman visiting orphanages, and hospitals with terminally ill patients just to offer comfort and hope that their presence alone would inspire.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Wow, gang, so much stuff to comment on! As usual great job to our superwonderful tag team of Last Son and Love Star! I am going to just generally comment on stuff discussed.

Love the Halloween costume and cosplay pics. And I saw that Superman has dropped in popularity this year in Halloween related stuff, but not surprising to be honest. I am positive whatever traction he has in Halloween some of it Wonder Woman has to take credit given the amount of couples and families that portray SuperWonder. It's funny how DC and some Super fans like to diss Diana as not important to Superman as a character and cite Batman as more important but if it was not for her...many Superman costumes prob sit on those shelves. It's great too to see that LGBTQ opt to dress as SMWW and not as BMSM or as Last son said WWSG. It's not even a gender thing SMWW...it's about a spirit , ideals, goals, dreams, inspiration...they are the zeitgeist and DC/WB are failing to see it.

The idea anyone can burn or destroy books or statues that have SMWW because of insecurity and hate says a lot about them. The fascistic quality is not something SuperWonder fans possess. I mean we'd have to destroy the whole of preflashpoint if we has problems with seeing SM or WW with someone else. And it is preflashpoint that actually bloomed and cemented the SMWW ship, actually showing Clark and Diana's bond is much deeper and complex because it is in the realm of unconditional, selfless and sacrificial love...which in fact is real love. Our fans are tolerant even in the way they treat books and I am proud of that.

I am glad someone brought up Our World At War. If ever there was a large event to show the love, friendship, trust, understanding between Clark and Diana it is that. If that story was turned into a live action I am positive most audience would root for those two. She just knows and understands him. His burdens, fears and hopes because she walks in his shoes. She does what she can to help him do his job better by doing hers, and not getting in his way or making feel guilty etc. They way they care for each other and would try to help and protect each other....it is embodied on one of the greatest comic covers by Adam Hughes. Even in the aftermath, she is there for him and even his loved ones. Several new smww fans or readers with no horse in the race...often want to know why did n't these two get together after this event? It was such a life changing, huge event that put them all to the test? I tell them, DC. DC has no true consequences, esp for Superman. That is why he is stagnant. No matter what he never really matures because they need to keep the status quo. eg after 1000 years in battle a man would return mature, seasoned, immensely skilled, wiser etc...instead we get a SM that behaves as if nothing happens and subsequent stories with him he remains a naive boyscout who can't fight or lead. Fact after everything you'd think SM would prob be as smart and skilled as Bats. But nope.

Anyhow, panels showing this connection. One does not need to make declarations of love or have sex to show love. It's in actions. And if actions dictated love...Superman loves Wonder Woman and vice versa...even when they were not a couple.

No eloquent comment here other than just yes, yes and yes to what you eloquently stated especially the bolded portions. It is that depth and bond established between SMWW during the preflashpoint era that solidifies them and legitimizes them as to what a real healthy relationship is composed of. A partnership between two individuals that understand and trusts each other implicitly. A true partnership in which there is a balanced level of give and take by both parties. There is support, comfort, and confidence to be found. There is the knowledge that you can always count on one another, and unburden yourself to the other. There is a level of security established.

@Lady P... real life is demanding. I wish I could write more. I have a fic hanging right now. To start another is nigh impossible. Sorry.
    Completely understand. Nevertheless, I will keep hope alive.

What’s Superman without his Wonder Woman?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdET7NF...=1dx3siwiuzntj

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdKjdmF...d=y7icx8o1xtqj

That’s it. I’m being #wonderwoman every year now. @gravistone is #clarkkent in real life, too. Last night at the @nbmaa56 was amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpb8lhbn...=1mon7121ygdkv

Okay a lot of these captions are putting me in my feelings. Ugh! Perfectly captures the spirit of SMWW.

“Mi gran aliada, mi heroína de vida, mi mujer maravilla. Te amo!!!!!”
    Translation:"My great ally, my heroine of life, my Woman Wonder. I love you!!!!!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpcaEOlA...d=427uz0a5dpz8

“Every Superman needs a Wonder Woman....”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpcYNjdB...=1thww4j03jvts

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpcXR5Ph...=1olwujlj7awr8
    Love these captions. Couldn't agree more with the second caption.

When Diana says “my” when referring to Kal it so precious! She has said “my love”, “my man”, and “he’s mine” but saying “my Kal” makes it so much more intimate and sentimental.
    Yep. Honestly, there is just something about her calling him Kal in the first place that makes me gooey inside. LOL. It is so endearing and sweet, and then when you add the "my" to it, it just takes it to a whole other level.

“Just your classic power couple partying it up!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdvJvDn_SZ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpduvpxBoTm/

Super night with a Wonder Woman. @reallyndacarter @thomasaroberts I had to do that pose, too! I mentioned you and she was thrilled! She loves you to pieces! ���� She’s such a sweet person and so beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpduqf6BA70/

Deiasilva is a poet.

She sure is.

I think that one thing that I liked most is that there was a sense of "continuity" of how their relationship evolved through the years. Can't say the same now.
    Exactly. Sigh. I really do miss that Diana and Kal if for nothing more than for the connection and bond that was established between the two.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

“Just your classic power couple partying it up!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdvJvDn_SZ/
    "Classic Power Couple"

Super night with a Wonder Woman. @reallyndacarter @thomasaroberts I had to do that pose, too! I mentioned you and she was thrilled! She loves you to pieces! ���� She’s such a sweet person and so beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpduqf6BA70/
    Too bad she isn't with the WW costume. lol.

Despite not being "opposites", Diana and Kal have enough difference to create "drama" in a story.
    But then again it is authentic "drama" for a lack of a better word than a contrived drama and angst. It is human nature that we will not always agree or see eye to eye on things no matter how much we share in common. Nothing wrong with that. Even when we share so much in common with another person, no two individuals are completely alike (look at the varying personalities and interests of identical twins), this is what makes for interesting storylines between SMWW. Despite the fact that they share so much in common, they still do have their differences, and it is those differences that makes things interesting between them (as stated in the comic).

Agreed. The pre-FP era is the one that defined most their relationship. Still the golden standard of the depiction of their friendSHIP.
    The golden standard for both their FriendSHIP (I think I see what you did there) and how their romantic relationship should be established as far as I am concerned.
    Last edited by LadyP; 10-28-2018 at 05:26 PM.

“Every Superman needs a Wonder Woman.”
    “7 billion people in the world and my heart choose you.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpdncx7lIgs/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdqbfanFfm/

“My Superman forever”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpdPG9mAJp_/
    These captions! Ugh. Beautiful.