Page 232 of 281 FirstFirst ... 132182222228229230231232233234235236242 ... LastLast
Results 3,466 to 3,480 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

There were a lot of pics featuring dogs dressed as SM/WW during Halloween but they weren't posted here, I choose these 3 among the myriad of pics to make up a bit...

"Every Superman needs a Wonder Woman! 💙❤️✨ Happy Halloween from my little superheroes!! 🎃👻"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpmU0coBYDn/

"Superman and his Wonder Woman. #superwonder"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpmoXKEAhj2/

"Superman found his Wonder Woman this Halloween!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpumYgrh0f_/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's the kind of things that make little sense in DC's mindset: starting from 2015/6, they let writers treating SM/WW like yesterday garbage alienating its fans, decided to erase it from continuity pretending they don't own any explanation to the readers and then after they finished to destroy the last bit of it, they open the door to all kind of questionable BM/WW fanservice because of a movie that people hated and another one that nobody was interested in watching. In the meantime, however, they had no problem leaving Frank Miller free to make a story about the son of Superman and Wonder Woman because they wanted to milk the DKverse as much as possible. Wth? 🤔
    This right here. Especially the underlined part. Whenever, I think about this and especially how it has negatively impacted the characterization of Wonder Woman is some rubbish attempt to fit her into a world she was never meant to be part of the more I feel an 'Amazonian temper' build inside.

It boggles the mind the level writers have gone to undermine and distant Superman and Wonder Woman while attempting to shoehorn Batman into her mythos. Nevermind that from the onset, Wonder Woman, as per the man responsible for us having a Wonder Woman in the first place literally stated, that Diana is the feminine response to Superman, not and never was or will be Batman.

When Wonder Woman and Superman are written in character it is clear to see how well their mythos blends together. We see them as they should be, noble, compassionate characters. Honorable and inspiring. However, when Diana is pushed onto Batman as per the rubbish animated JL/JLU Bruce Timm, or Zack Synder's BvS, or certain comic-book runs that have come following the Timmverse, we get a Diana that is a standoffish femme fatale. Two things Diana never was meant to be and should never be. No longer is she a compassionate character or a diplomatic one, but she is one that if she is not panting after Batman, she is quick tempered, impatient, irritable, or just some warrior Amazon Princess.

The length that DC has gone in their attempts to distance SMWW is incredible. Even more so is their willingness to allow the destabilization of these two characters usually leading to negative portrayals just to push whatever narrative they are pushing.
    The fact that a writer, who has written Wonder Woman, is known to have gone on record to claim that SMWW have nothing in common when the very words of the creator of Wonder Woman proves otherwise, and as such it reveals a fundamental lack of understanding for who Diana is supposed to be or how she should be characterized by this said writer is astounding. All because said writer wanted to push a different narrative. It would be laughable if it weren't maddening. Because it is mindsets like that, the not quite understanding who and what Diana is supposed to represent and be, and the belief that it is okay to change her characterization on a whim, that has led to the dismantling of her origins and her characterization. It is this fundamental lack of understanding that leads to the continuous forced pairing such as with Batman.

However, with the continuous appearance of SMWW through cosplayers, Halloween costumes, and other forms of real life and media representation, it is reinforced that Superman and Wonder Woman are two important of pairing to ignore. The pairing is one that acts as a foil to toxic notions and ideologies of what a relationship should be. Every time a real life couple reinforces that it only serves as a reminder and a positive one for what makes this pairing an ideal.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    I love that they couples use the terms that are used in the smww comic. It goes to show they have some inkling of the couple and their romance. It's not just a fad or the lame excuse detractors like to use...oh the colors match so they think they should be a couple. That's a really lame tired and trite excuse that never washed before and certainly does not now. And is amusing how the phrases Soule used in the series suddenly other couples who never used those things suddenly trying to claim them. The poses of SMWW are also very powerful. The couples you can see feel empowered and inspired. Also SMWW can be goofy and fun loving too if they wanted as seen by the poses we see on comic book covers and the couples that emulate them. eg selfie. And let's not forget the sexy side. A lasso being wielded by a beautiful warrior goddess, a powerful gorgeous man under the mild manners and glasses...I am positive these couples had tons of fun at their parties and in the bedroom. They lie if none of them did not have some fun with the smww accessories.
    All of this. I honestly laugh at times at the lame reasoning used by some detractors. The foolishness of it all is actually amusing. What's sad is when such nonsense is given the limelight. However, when couples dress up as SMWW sharing their journey and inspiring stories. Using meaningful taglines of why they view one another as their 'Superman' or 'Wonder Woman' it only serves to reinforce what makes this pairing great. What makes them compelling. What makes them ideal. Detractors of SMWW only end up showing their own shortcomings when they use those "tired and trite" shallow reasoning in their attempt to undermine the pairing.

Imagine someone saying that a romantic relationship between two honorable, noble, kind, self-sacrificing, compassionate, and inspiring characters is wrong, is like really? What those that say about the person? It's telling. But most of all it is sad. Some individuals would rather hang on to old trite tropes and status quos than to see the realization of something real, powerful, beautiful, motivating and inspiring. Something healthy and admirable.

Let's move away from the Halloween posts with some DCEU inspired pieces I came across recently...

New art by Marcio Abreu:

"Wonder Woman loves Superman!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppWsF0BMtI/

Gadot/Cavill sketch by Naman Sirawale:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BplLd8EHvPE/

Quote Originally Posted by LadyP View Post
    This right here. Especially the underlined part. Whenever, I think about this and especially how it has negatively impacted the characterization of Wonder Woman is some rubbish attempt to fit her into a world she was never meant to be part of the more I feel an 'Amazonian temper' build inside.

It boggles the mind the level writers have gone to undermine and distant Superman and Wonder Woman while attempting to shoehorn Batman into her mythos. Nevermind that from the onset, Wonder Woman, as per the man responsible for us having a Wonder Woman in the first place literally stated, that Diana is the feminine response to Superman, not and never was or will be Batman.

When Wonder Woman and Superman are written in character it is clear to see how well their mythos blends together. We see them as they should be, noble, compassionate characters. Honorable and inspiring. However, when Diana is pushed onto Batman as per the rubbish animated JL/JLU Bruce Timm, or Zack Synder's BvS, or certain comic-book runs that have come following the Timmverse, we get a Diana that is a standoffish femme fatale. Two things Diana never was meant to be and should never be. No longer is she a compassionate character or a diplomatic one, but she is one that if she is not panting after Batman, she is quick tempered, impatient, irritable, or just some warrior Amazon Princess.

The length that DC has gone in their attempts to distance SMWW is incredible. Even more so is their willingness to allow the destabilization of these two characters usually leading to negative portrayals just to push whatever narrative they are pushing.
    The fact that a writer, who has written Wonder Woman, is known to have gone on record to claim that SMWW have nothing in common when the very words of the creator of Wonder Woman proves otherwise, and as such it reveals a fundamental lack of understanding for who Diana is supposed to be or how she should be characterized by this said writer is astounding. All because said writer wanted to push a different narrative. It would be laughable if it weren't maddening. Because it is mindsets like that, the not quite understanding who and what Diana is supposed to represent and be, and the belief that it is okay to change her characterization on a whim, that has led to the dismantling of her origins and her characterization. It is this fundamental lack of understanding that leads to the continuous forced pairing such as with Batman.

However, with the continuous appearance of SMWW through cosplayers, Halloween costumes, and other forms of real life and media representation, it is reinforced that Superman and Wonder Woman are two important of pairing to ignore. The pairing is one that acts as a foil to toxic notions and ideologies of what a relationship should be. Every time a real life couple reinforces that it only serves as a reminder and a positive one for what makes this pairing an ideal.
    You explained perfectly why Batman and WW do not work for me, thank you.

The general public along with the fans will keep the SMWW dream alive! SMWW as a couple is an idea that will never die for all they represent in front of people, this is inevitable, it is swimming against the current.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    I think I’ve posted Marston’s quote about 5 times already but every time we see SuperWonder kids...the quote becomes more relevant and deepens in meaning. The first picture is definitely on point.

“The wish to be super strong is a healthy wish, a vital compelling, power-producing desire. The more the Superman-Wonder Woman picture stories build up this inner compulsion by stimulating the child's natural longing to battle and overcome obstacles, particularly evil ones, the better chance your child has for self-advancement in the world.“ -William Moulton Marston
    The truth is, I think that you need to keep posting it for those that don't get. Along with this one:

“Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.”

What's insane to me is some of the story lines that have been written about Wonder Woman that are in direct contradiction to what she was meant to be an answer to. We have seen her made more masculine. We have seen her made more aggressive, more edgy, mean tempered, rash. All around, just more of the things she was supposed to be a counterpoint to, and it is just baffling. There is this warped perception that a strong female character can only be portrayed a certain way.

We exist in a society that attempts to shun femininity, by making it seem like it is something negative or something to avoid. As far as I am concerned, our femininity is part of our power. Who says a woman can't be beautiful, and feminine, and curvy, and still be strong, and assertive, and fierce. Who says she can't be warm, loving, kind and compassionate, and still handle business. Still be a formidable opponent. Still command respect? These quotes by William Moulton Marston should be plastered on the desk, walls, and offices of anyone who is charged with writing her so that when they want to run away from these ideals of what she is supposed to be and write some nonsense they will be reminded, "no no, that's not Diana." Sigh.

I would love for them all to have secret IDs actually. It allows them all the ability to have their down time without having to escape to the Fortress or to Themyscira. The secret ID, which I believe it is not a bad idea for Diana to have her Diana Prince ID once more, makes it possible for them to move effortlessly among in society without being hounded or having their privacy encroached upon. So I am all for it.
    Exactly! What I did love about the new52 is that the way the IDs were used was just for privacy. Just as it was explain in TOA by Clark. “It’s not being one of them(a human), it’s just blending in.”
    It wasn’t them feeling as though they needed the IDs for human acceptance or this weird thought about links to humanity etc. etc... This is the problem now with Superman. He has an identity crisis, slight implications of resentment for who he is, confused with trying to choose one identity and way of living over the other, trying to have this human normalcy, he ultimately can not have. Diana understood this, and gave him that truthful and real perspective, while she learned why he wanted to keep the ID and she even loved it for herself but that didn’t take away the fact that they are not normal humans and they have a different life and responsibilities. Many writers take this and turn it into something very conflicting and it’s not.

I really hope that this story explores this in a logical and sensible way

I love these captions so much. It speaks to the relatability of SMWW. It is not just about the fact that they are both superheroes, it is who they are. Their heart, their character, what they bring to each other. What they bring out of each other. There is a caring aspect to them (when that was still being emphasized), that was really admirable and just so touching. It spoke to the layered aspect of their character, of just how human they really were. It was their ability to be vulnerable with one another and it felt right that added to their pull. It spoke so much volume because they literally are the two greatest and strongest heroes in the world, but with each other they were just a man and a woman, vulnerable. Transparent. Loving. There was a certain 'je ne sais quoi.' about their bond that is so darn compelling and I think it is what drew and continues to draw so many to this pairing. It is because it feel authentic. Not manufactured. Not mawkish. But really. There is an emotional buy in that is quite easy to achieve with these two when they are written under the pen of a masterful writer who stays true to the character of these two.
    This! All of this!

The truth is, I think that you need to keep posting it for those that don't get. Along with this one:

“Not even girls want to be girls so long as our feminine archetype lacks force, strength, and power. Not wanting to be girls, they don't want to be tender, submissive, peace-loving as good women are. Women's strong qualities have become despised because of their weakness. The obvious remedy is to create a feminine character with all the strength of Superman plus all the allure of a good and beautiful woman.”

What's insane to me is some of the story lines that have been written about Wonder Woman that are in direct contradiction to what she was meant to be an answer to. We have seen her made more masculine. We have seen her made more aggressive, more edgy, mean tempered, rash. All around, just more of the things she was supposed to be a counterpoint to, and it is just baffling. There is this warped perception that a strong female character can only be portrayed a certain way.

We exist in a society that attempts to shun femininity, by making it seem like it is something negative or something to avoid. As far as I am concerned, our femininity is part of our power. Who says a woman can't be beautiful, and feminine, and curvy, and still be strong, and assertive, and fierce. Who says she can't be warm, loving, kind and compassionate, and still handle business. Still be a formidable opponent. Still command respect? These quotes by William Moulton Marston should be plastered on the desk, walls, and offices of anyone who is charged with writing her so that when they want to run away from these ideals of what she is supposed to be and write some nonsense they will be reminded, "no no, that's not Diana." Sigh.
    I love when Diana is written to be fierce, will take risks if she has to but that doesn’t mean she has to be written so drastically overboard as a generic stereotypical Amazon. But their answer to not making her a generic Amazon is writing her as boring den mother. This is now Wonder Woman’s problem. There’s no balance. Yes, she can be warm, loving, kind and compassionate, and still handle business. It’s really not that difficult. They are making it difficult forcing these contrived situations/conflicts and twisting the characters’ personalities for stories that don’t make sense at the end.

It’s up to writers to find the balance for these characters.

Hey Last Son, we are back (somewhat) to our regularly scheduled postings! LOL
    Here’s a remarkable, motivational and inspirational post for Breast Cancer Awareness as well as SuperWonder having fun at a county fair and helping to get pets adopted!

“Breast Cancer Awareness... 🎀 this will be my last post for this month. He says I’m Wonder Woman...but he’s my Superman! My sweet Greg has been my biggest supporter and comforter... and the reason I can help others. Everyday he’s loved me, hugged me, kissed me, and assured me. Life is short. Get those exams. Hopefully I have brought a little awareness and some positivity to an ugly disease this month. 💞🎀🙏🏼”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpkh80Cgn46/

“Wonder Woman (made by me) and Superman shown up to the fair Saturday to help some pups get adopted and see the children. This beautiful boy up for adoption stole the show and our hearts!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkFGN_nMyh/

“It’s not a fair without fluffy sugar stuff.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkFwKJnfQF/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-04-2018 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    You explained perfectly why Batman and WW do not work for me, thank you.

The general public along with the fans will keep the SMWW dream alive! SMWW as a couple is an idea that will never die for all they represent in front of people, this is inevitable, it is swimming against the current.
    I'm glad that it is a shared sentiment. I genuinely find that pairing fundamentally wrong for the aforementioned reasons and more.

In regards to the bolded part of your comment, well stated. Couldn't agree more. It is the positive traits and qualities of SMWW that continues to draw and will continue to pull people in.
    I'm tired of the trite teenage angst plot-lines. Or the oftentimes mawkish mortal/god trope that almost always proves to be heavy-handed, trite, with little to no payoff. Or the idea of having to accept something with little to no build up simply because status quo dictates so. I want relatable storylines that I can buy into that doesn't come across as contrived or patronizing. I want storylines that involves two honorable individuals, noble in their own right that doesn't default to continuously propping up one partner in an obvious attempt to show what makes said partner 'the greatest of the great', which is the reason such and such would even be with them. Stories not reduced to PIS moments or questionable suspension of belief moments even for a comicbook story.

But I digress. I am grateful for the SMWW fandom. For people who do appreciate healthy pairings and the importance of having pairings between characters that are good and noble, and kind, and all the "nice" attributes that tends to repel people so warped into the belief that if a pairing are not continuously clashing with one another it can't be interesting.

That was when I was all new and fired up. LOL. I kid.
    I would love to post more frequently, however, I'm still trying to perfect the work/life and 'play' balance (does anyone ever really perfect it?), while throwing grad school into the mix. Sometimes it feels a little bit like this:

But with the holidays coming up soon, I hope to be able to post more frequently if only for a little bit.
    You need to take your vacation more often.

I definitely want to see Diana and Kal living together and raising their children.
    I hope we get to see more of them together finally. We know Lara seems to take after her Kryptonian side despite being raised on Themyscira. So I would like to see a nice blending of both culture in the SuperWonder children, especially as they are to be more loving and compassionate beings with a respect for all life.

Let the theorizing begin! You guys are actually getting me excited for this storyline! DC has lost a lot of 'good faith' with me so I am apprehensive about this even if I get to see these SuperWonderful children. But all these speculations I'm reading from you all has my interest genuinely piqued enough to be on the look out for this when it comes out. Looks like I maybe purchasing soon again from DC (beside from the WW DVD).

I would love for them all to have secret IDs actually. It allows them all the ability to have their down time without having to escape to the Fortress or to Themyscira. The secret ID, which I believe it is not a bad idea for Diana to have her Diana Prince ID once more, makes it possible for them to move effortlessly among in society without being hounded or having their privacy encroached upon. So I am all for it.
    Finally something to look forward to after so many years, right?

It can't be really considered a "pairing" as it's just pointless "fanservice" that not even the people that push it take seriously despite some of them like to drag the SM/WW's bond into a SM vs BM type of argument for some reason. DC itself recently described BM/WW as a bad idea that isn't worth to be explored. One reason more why they should stop "damaging" SM/WW because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Those people keep producing more SM/WW material that DC itself ever did. We can barely repost here half the stuff that they post online.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-04-2018 at 02:34 PM.

Exactly! What I did love about the new52 is that the way the IDs were used was just for privacy. Just as it was explain in TOA by Clark. “It’s not being one of them(a human), it’s just blending in.”
    It wasn’t them feeling as though they needed the IDs for human acceptance or this weird thought about links to humanity etc. etc... This is the problem now with Superman. He has an identity crisis, slight implications of resentment for who he is, confused with trying to choose one identity and way of living over the other, trying to have this human normalcy, he ultimately can not have. Diana understood this, and gave him that truthful and real perspective, while she learned why he wanted to keep the ID and she even loved it for herself but that didn’t take away the fact that they are not normal humans and they have a different life and responsibilities. Many writers take this and turn it into something very conflicting and it’s not.

I really hope that this story explores this in a logical and sensible way

This! All of this!

I love when Diana is written to be fierce, will take risks if she has to but that doesn’t mean she has to be written so drastically overboard as a generic stereotypical Amazon. But their answer to not making her a generic Amazon is writing her as boring den mother. This is now Wonder Woman’s problem. There’s no balance. Yes, she can be warm, loving, kind and compassionate, and still handle business. It’s really not that difficult. They are making it difficult forcing these contrived situations/conflicts and twisting the characters’ personalities for stories that don’t make sense at the end.

It’s up to writers to find the balance for these characters.
    You said it right. It is about balance. And I believe that can only be achieved by a wise writer who is emotionally mature and has the emotional intelligence to walk this fine rope. Diana is a character you can't just write anyhow.

Hey Last Son, we are back (somewhat) to our regularly scheduled postings! LOL
    Here’s a remarkable, motivational and inspirational post for Breast Cancer Awareness as well as SuperWonder having fun at a county fair and helping to get pets adopted!

“Breast Cancer Awareness... �� this will be my last post for this month. He says I’m Wonder Woman...but he’s my Superman! My sweet Greg has been my biggest supporter and comforter... and the reason I can help others. Everyday he’s loved me, hugged me, kissed me, and assured me. Life is short. Get those exams. Hopefully I have brought a little awareness and some positivity to an ugly disease this month. ��������”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpkh80Cgn46/

“Wonder Woman (made by me) and Superman shown up to the fair Saturday to help some pups get adopted and see the children. This beautiful boy up for adoption stole the show and our hearts!”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkFGN_nMyh/

“It’s not a fair without fluffy sugar stuff.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkFwKJnfQF/
    It was about time to go back to it. Even if it doesn't change much as we still have pics of people dressed as SM/WW to post like for Halloween. lol.

Love that couples keep reiterating this concept: "He says I’m Wonder Woman... but he’s my Superman!"
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-04-2018 at 01:59 PM.

You need to take your vacation more often.
    I really do need one.

Finally something to look forward to after so many years, right?
    Glad and nervous at the same time. Yet hopeful, because it is something to look forwards

It can't even considered a "pairing" as it's just pointless "fanservice" that not even the people that push it take seriously even if some of them like to drag the SM/WW's bond into a SM vs BM type of argument for some reason. DC itself recently described BM/WW as a bad idea that isn't worth to be explored. One reason more why they should stop "damaging" SM/WW because of it.

Those people keep producing more SM/WW material that DC itself ever did. We can barely post here half the stuff that they post online.
    Ugh! It's part of what grinds my wheels so much. To have years of history and build up tarnished and demolished for what? That nonsense that is seriously a spit in the face to Diana?? It brings absolutely nothing to her and has done more harm than good.

Segueing, what I wouldn't give to learn that Henry Cavil will make an appearance as Superman in WW84, even if he comes in at the last two minutes. I need the SMWW bond established in the DCEU. The mind races at the impact this would have, when just a "tug of lasso" scene has garnered so much response, just imagine what them actually conversing would do. Somehow, I think TPB at DC knew this hence the zero interaction between SMWW in BvS & JL. They knew if SMWW had actually spoken and interacted in the DCEU they would not have been able to push their agenda. Since they only ended up shooting themselves in the foot, one can hope they will course correct, stop with the revisionist history and build from the ample source materials starting by re-establishing the SMWW bond. A girl can hope.

Ugh! It's part of what grinds my wheels so much. To have years of history and build up tarnished and demolished for what? That nonsense that is seriously a spit in the face to Diana?? It brings absolutely nothing to her and has done more harm than good.
    Better not to think much about it. Hope that with the rise in popularity and importance of WW, she gets more respect from those writers instead of being reduced to fanservice girl. Recently, 2 of them sort of regret it, saying that it wasn't worth for all the hatred they received. Baby steps.

Segueing, what I wouldn't give to learn that Henry Cavil will make an appearance as Superman in WW84, even if he comes in at the last two minutes. I need the SMWW bond established in the DCEU. The mind races at the impact this would have, when just a "tug of lasso" scene has garnered so much response, just imagine what them actually conversing would do. Somehow, I think TPB at DC knew this hence the zero interaction between SMWW in BvS & JL. They knew if SMWW had actually spoken and interacted in the DCEU they would not have been able to push their agenda. Since they only ended up shooting themselves in the foot, one can hope they will course correct, stop with the revisionist history and build from the ample source materials starting by re-establishing the SMWW bond. A girl can hope.
    If a miracle doesn't happen at the 11th hour, Cavill is no longer Superman, he has been fired from the role. If the character will be recast, it'll happen in 3 years or more because at the moment WB has other priorities. Sadly, the damage is done and it'll not corrected anytime soon.

It was about time to go back to it. Even if it doesn't change much as we still have pics of people dressed as SM/WW to post like for Halloween. lol.
    Hehe! That’s true! And I have seen some great cosplays along with the Halloween postings!

Love that couples keep reiterating this concept: "He says I’m Wonder Woman... but he’s my Superman!"
    Yes! And of course vice versa... love it! Love it!

I want this frame!

“Work in progress,detail”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpw5kfyhC6g/

“Wonder Woman loves Superman 😍❤️😍❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpw5kbxhWi4/

This is creativity!

”Just the way She looks at me...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf7PnhaDw6N/