Page 235 of 281 FirstFirst ... 135185225231232233234235236237238239245 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,525 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Awwww. Where do you ever see this with any other DC couple all through the year? It's rare to see any of their pairs used all year around for happy milestone events and occasions. Maybe Joker/Harley or BatCat to some extent but not like this. SMWW real life couples find smww inspiring and empowering and so too are themselves.
    You simply don’t. Like it or not, Superman and Wonder Woman has made a positive mark and impact with the true message of what the pairing represents. No forced bias contrivances can change that natural perception of SMWW.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I think that the pair is even better suited for other media than comics.
    I’m still rooting for a reboot of A-Ko LOL

Of course it won’t happen but something along that line with SMWW would be fantastic! But in regards to comics, elseworlds...main continuity is too restrictive and messy.

I hope so.
    Fingers crossed!

Recently I read a post of an Entertainment account that said that SM/WW is the most beloved couple by geeks all over the world. Whether this statement is 100% accurate or not, just look at the daily posts here of real life geeky people to get a proof that it's not very far from reality.
    Really?! Hmm...interesting. Well that’s true, it isn’t too far from reality. As we discussed yesterday, Halloween is just one day, however it is still very telling seeing Superman(Clark Kent)/Wonder Woman as a popular choice every year. We also see an abundance of diversity.

We’ve talked about the anticipation of all the pics we will come across from the whole month of October with people getting into the Halloween spirit the very first day. The weekend before Halloween and the day of were huge waves! Not only did we share tons of stand out pics here already but pics that weren’t posted we’ve also gathered to put into collages with 600 pics just in the collages but...as you, Last Son stated, there are pics that we might have missed that didn’t use the hashtags, that might have just popped up as related or posters added tags later, we’ve also came across pics on twitter and Facebook. Of course it would take more time to gather ever last pic but over 600 that we know of tell us all we need to know...The love of SMWW continues strong!

Here is a video of the collages: https://twitter.com/iam_stardiva/sta...350157313?s=21

And if you want to look at them individually here is the tumblr link: http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...halloween-2018

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Really?! Hmm...interesting. Well that’s true, it isn’t too far from reality. As we discussed yesterday, Halloween is just one day, however it is still very telling seeing Superman(Clark Kent)/Wonder Woman as a popular choice every year. We also see an abundance of diversity.

We’ve talked about the anticipation of all the pics we will come across from the whole month of October with people getting into the Halloween spirit the very first day. The weekend before Halloween and the day of were huge waves! Not only did we share tons of stand out pics here already but pics that weren’t posted we’ve also gathered to put into collages with 600 pics just in the collages but...as you, Last Son stated, there are pics that we might have missed that didn’t use the hashtags, that might have just popped up as related or posters added tags later, we’ve also came across pics on twitter and Facebook. Of course it would take more time to gather ever last pic but over 600 that we know of tell us all we need to know...The love of SMWW continues strong!

Here is a video of the collages: https://twitter.com/iam_stardiva/sta...350157313?s=21

And if you want to look at them individually here is the tumblr link: http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...halloween-2018
    As we suspected, this year the collages are more than last year. I bet, they'll be 50 in 2019 with 750+ pics. Smart choice to post the link instead of spamming the entire page with images, we don't want you get banned. 🤣

It's interesting to note that not only real couples but also fictional ones have been dressed as SM/WW for this Halloween by their fans or creators. Here are some examples:

Danny & Sam from the animated television series Danny Phantom dressed as SM/WW by AllyPhantomRush:

"Happy Halloween, guys!! I made this pic specially for this day!!"

https://www.deviantart.com/allyphant...ween-770648277

Original characters Che'og & Graya as SM/WW by Canari Creations:

"Just a quick thing a made yesterday evening for Halloween, but didn't manage to upload because I was so tired. It's our Marvel/GotG ocs Che'og (l, he's mine) and Graya (r, belongs to @goylespawn)... Dressed as DC comic characters. Because... Why not? 👻"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppFIe3Bh-4/

Claire & Jamie from the TV-series Outlander as SM/WW:

"What great Halloween costumes 😍😍"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpmsa-SAxkS/

Know what's ironic and funny? SMWW has evidence...tons of evidence of their popularity outside of the niche comic market and then they have evidence in the comic market...from KC to Soule's acclaimed run. Yet detractors choose to ignore that. They choose to ignore that KC sells every year for the last 20 years. They choose to ignore DC giving licenses to merchandising. They choose to say what they like has fan art so that makes it popular...when smww has been having fan art for decades and still going strong despite having very little in live media. The SMWW kiss and selfie is more seen in popular culture than anything coming out of DC traditional couples. It's hanging in museums and restaurants and murals on walls etc. We have a His and her perfume! The Halloween posts are there for all to see. Yet you have nonsensical things like some saying "No one likes /wants SMWW." If denial was a superpower,...
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-07-2018 at 01:20 PM.

It's interesting to note that not only real couples but also fictional ones have been dressed as SM/WW for this Halloween by their fans or creators. Here are some examples:

Danny & Sam from the animated television series Danny Phantom dressed as SM/WW by AllyPhantomRush:

Original characters Che'og & Graya as SM/WW by Canari Creations:

"Just a quick thing a made yesterday evening for Halloween, but didn't manage to upload because I was so tired. It's our Marvel/GotG ocs Che'og (l, he's mine) and Graya (r, belongs to @goylespawn)... Dressed as DC comic characters. Because... Why not? ��"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BppFIe3Bh-4/

Claire & Jamie from the TV-series Outlander as SM/WW:

"What great Halloween costumes ����"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpmsa-SAxkS/
    SMWW is the ideal couple to achieve! They are in the minds of people who create these fictional characters as the ultimate couple figure!

Know what's ironic and funny? SMWW has evidence...tons of evidence of their popularity outside of the niche comic market and then they have evidence in the comic market...from KC to Soule's acclaimed run. Yet detractors choose to ignore that. They choose to ignore that KC sells every year for the last 20 years. They choose to ignore DC giving licenses to merchandising. They choose to say what they like has fan art so that makes it popular...when smww has been having fan art for decades and still going strong despite having very little in live media. The SMWW kiss and selfie is more seen in popular culture than anything coming out of DC traditional couples. It's hanging in museums and restaurants and murals on walls etc. We have a His and her perfume! The Halloween posts are there for all to see. Yet you have nonsensical things like some saying "No one likes /wants SMWW." If denial was a superpower,...
    Well denial is their shield. Nobody need to hate or love SMWW but need to accept because it is a reality.

The popular Clark Kent and his Warrior Princess for Halloween. I couldn't do all I wanted because be too much. But this was to show that Clark Kent and WW were as popular and SMWW. DC and WB need to take note. Please note the ages and diversity.

As we suspected, this year the collages are more than last year. I bet, they'll be 50 in 2019 with 750+ pics. Smart choice to post the link instead of spamming the entire page with images, we don't want you get banned. ��
    Oh I’m sure we probably did reach that amount this year as I saw posters having “post Halloween” pics LOL I told you with this amount of pics it can have a thread all on it’s own!

This is nice!! Danny and Sam were best friends with more than best friend feels too...hehe the connection is strong

Yeah none of the adds up. It’s all right there but purposely ignored for reasons that amount to nothing.
    It would be different if SMWW wasn’t making the impact, didn’t have the influence, did have the years of development it has had, but SMWW has it all. Despite what has been done to try to put it down, none of that worked.

The popular Clark Kent and his Warrior Princess for Halloween. I couldn't do all I wanted because be too much. But this was to show that Clark Kent and WW were as popular and SMWW. DC and WB need to take note. Please note the ages and diversity.

This is all just so beautiful!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-07-2018 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Well denial is their shield. Nobody need to hate or love SMWW but need to accept because it is a reality.
    We all have bias. As you say one can say they dislike. But to suggest SMWW was never a thing or no one wanted it etc is just plain absurd considering the comics and representation in real world.

We all have bias. As you say one can say they dislike. But to suggest SMWW was never a thing or no one wanted it etc is just plain absurd considering the comics and representation in real world.
    Truth. It’s fine to not like something. We all have our own preferences. But yeah to purposely ignore and try to force opinions as facts or twist things is so unnecessary. SMWW has proven to be a classic, iconic dynamic duo/couple in their own right.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpwxZRnjECi/

”The Power Struggle“

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp2vpxdgZCZ/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp4pUpcjRsa/
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-07-2018 at 02:09 PM.

SMWW have already been accepted by all classes, creeds and ages.

Exactly! Every day I see more and more couples dressing and mirroring themselves in what they believe to be the ideal, in SMWW,

Truth. It’s fine to not like something. We all have our own preferences. But yeah to purposely ignore and try to force opinions as facts or twist things is so unnecessary. SMWW has proven to be a classic, iconic dynamic duo/couple in their own right.
    I agree.

Know what's ironic and funny? SMWW has evidence...tons of evidence of their popularity outside of the niche comic market and then they have evidence in the comic market...from KC to Soule's acclaimed run. Yet detractors choose to ignore that. They choose to ignore that KC sells every year for the last 20 years. They choose to ignore DC giving licenses to merchandising. They choose to say what they like has fan art so that makes it popular...when smww has been having fan art for decades and still going strong despite having very little in live media. The SMWW kiss and selfie is more seen in popular culture than anything coming out of DC traditional couples. It's hanging in museums and restaurants and murals on walls etc. We have a His and her perfume! The Halloween posts are there for all to see. Yet you have nonsensical things like some saying "No one likes /wants SMWW." If denial was a superpower...

Oh I’m sure we probably did reach that amount this year as I saw posters having “post Halloween” pics LOL I told you with this amount of pics it can have a thread all on it’s own!
    One thing that I like about Super-Wonder is that has arrived here without a proper media exposure like that other popular fictional couples have had. Most of the people that dressed as SM/WW for Halloween don't read the comics, they're the so called "general audience" that just watch the movies and that WB failed to entertain with its cinematic universe. They saw BvS and JL, shook their shoulders and thought "Wonder Woman needs Superman at her side" 😜 Quite fascinating. 🤔

“It’s not a fair without fluffy sugar stuff.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpkFwKJnfQF/
    The woman dressed as WW also posted this, lol:

"I guess dreams really do come true 😂💕 #dreamsdocometrue #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0E8g-hG-o/

One thing that I like about Super-Wonder is that has arrived here without a proper media exposure like that other popular fictional couples have had. Most of the people that dressed as SM/WW for Halloween don't read the comics, they're the so called "general audience" that just watch the movies and that WB failed to entertain with its cinematic universe. They saw BvS and JL, shook their shoulders and thought "Wonder Woman needs Superman at her side" �� Quite fascinating. ��
    This is what makes SuperWonder all the more genuine and “real”. When they are written together it’s not just the natural bond but it’s also the years development they have. When they were written as friends or more, we saw the progression of them growing together. We saw that they were put through things and went through the struggle together. It wasn’t some fairytale, it wasn’t easy for them. It was real work put in. They don’t have this oh they together just because he/she is labeled as the love interest. These characters have existed for 80 years sure, but what has happened within the 80 years truly matter. Looking over SMWW’s history as you’ve done in the other thread, there is some really deep stuff that truly solidifies them together.
    They cut/ruined SMWW for movie synergy but yet people still didn’t care and the movie verse is in shambles because of forced underdeveloped dynamics and just overall poor storytelling and planning.

The woman dressed as WW also posted this, lol:

"I guess dreams really do come true ���� #dreamsdocometrue #wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp0E8g-hG-o/
    Awe! How sweet! This is fate!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-07-2018 at 05:29 PM.

This is what makes SuperWonder all the more genuine and “real”. When they are written together it’s not just the natural bond but it’s also the years development they have. When they were written as friends or more, we saw the progression of them growing together. We saw that they were put through things and went through the struggle together. It wasn’t some fairytale, it wasn’t easy for them. It was real work put in. They don’t have this oh they together just because he/she is labeled as the love interest. These characters have existed for 80 years sure, but what has happened within the 80 years truly matter. Looking over SMWW’s history as you’ve done in the other thread, there is some really deep stuff that truly solidifies them together.
    They cut/ruined SMWW for movie synergy but yet people still didn’t care and the movie verse is in shambles because of forced underdeveloped dynamics and just overall poor storytelling and planning.
    The general audience has never been exposed to any of this (sadly), but still the number of couple that choose the SM/WW pair for Halloween increase every year... that's something unique of SM/WW. Do you think that non-comic book reader couples would dress up as, I dunno, Bat/Cat if they hadn't seen Batman Returns or Nolan's TDKR? Or if Bat/Cat were presented as strangers who don't even talk to each other? But still SM/WW get all that without having the right exposure it deserves. 😎

More art for you gals and guys...

SM/WW by Mike4419:

https://www.deviantart.com/mike4419/art/Supes-767973147

Painting by Edward Dayner inspired by a Neal Adams cover:

"Yes, good! 💛💙❤️"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5B7f-lRs9/

Another art inspired by a Neal Adams cover made by R_HOPE:

"Finishing a great month !!! You voted and the feminine power was imposed in all its splendor, so here is reflected in this work of the 31st day of my INKTOBER 2018. Thanks to all who supported my work during this month, your messages fill me every day, October is over and a new month arrives with many new projects that I will show you by showing up !!! Again THANK YOU !!!🖖"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpn6BqwgI2j/

The general audience has never been exposed to any of this (sadly), but still the number of couple that choose the SM/WW pair for Halloween increase every year... that's something unique of SM/WW. Do you think that non-comic book reader couples would dress up as, I dunno, Bat/Cat if they hadn't seen Batman Returns or Nolan's TDKR? Or if Bat/Cat were presented as strangers who don't even talk to each other? But still SM/WW get all that without having the right exposure it deserves. 😎
    You are right, they probably haven’t. So take away the technical comic book reasonings and maybe it’s just simply a natural gravitation with no need for explanation. That’s what makes SMWW even more unique and such a stand out. If SMWW did get the right exposure of course it would be even bigger than it already is.

Some SMWW lovey dovey-ness...

“Power Couple. 💥🌟⚡️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpw7mHlgcjO/

“Power Couple 💥 Lucky to have my very own Superman 😘😍❤️ Love, the greatest superpower of them all❤️
    Love you bae❤️”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5KFzUHLso/

“If you get a chance, take it, if it changes your life, let it.
    I'll be your Wonder Woman, if you'll be my Superman.
    Expect the unexpected.”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5qbRuBXQN/

Actually I would argue some of those couples ARE aware of SMWW to some extent. Might not be all the comics. But there usually is some contact with pop culture along the line...from a movie or TV show. Some might even stumble on smww stuff online. It's why the phrases associated with SMWW crop up. I see Soule's stuff used all the time. From "Power Couple" To "We are each other's shelter from the storm." To "You're strong." "I Know." Then we have people who grew up with SuperFriends etc. Thing is is not so surprising people feel SMWW "feels right" That it "makes sense". These are the responses I see. Why? Because I think they know SM and WW are JL allies. They know they work together as a team within a team. They know the character's individual traits. And the traits are positive , good traits that people aspire to. And they also seem to understand on some level they have burdens and challenges and responsibilities unlike others and think...these two would understand each other better. And this is true. IMO SM and WW have a connection that no other have. Not even Batman understand the way they think because he operates from fear.

Clark and Diana are like that real life couple that works for a cause individually , say that charity dedicated to changing the world, then they came together and connected. There are many many people like this. Opposites may attract temporarily but it is a fact it is shared ideals/ goals that creates for a lasting union. And real truth and real trust is the foundation which smww always had. So real life people who might not know all of smww comic hx...they understand this. Despite what DC pumps out in movies and tv and animation...there is still this attraction to smww because they seem to sense that beyond the traditional love interests, smww is an ideal couple. I am sure it helped when they googled SMWW tons of romantic images crop up because DC does have them as a pair. To go as SMWW they would have to do some googling.

Look, it is not hard to dress up like traditional love interests for Halloween if you believe/like it and it certainly is there in movies and tv for people who don't read comics. SM have had it for decades. And WW had a huge hit recently. I see couples going as regular stuff like socket and plug , or peanut butter and jelly or stuff like that. My point is there is no reason why if something is beloved that it would not be done. Fact be way cheaper. But yet it is SMWW or CKWW year after year that keeps showing up. And growing.

I don't subscribe to any notion that SM or WW need grounding to be with anyone. They both can do that themselves. This assumes the characters can't have innate compassion, love and connection to the world unless they banging a particular human. That is ridiculous. There's a whole sort of xenophobic vibe I get with this crap DC pushes to try to justify stuff when SM and WW should always be who they are no matter their status, single or married. I see general public as understanding that better than DC. That they see their good traits and them as role models. God forbid you'd ever want a role model in a hero that chucks it all in or turns evil because he/she can't be with x or y. And it is positive and natural to want to be like these two characters. Anyone imo trying to stop people from aspiring to be a SM or a WW, or that they can't find their own SM or WW, is sad. Too often people are kept down by a many things. Told they can't be this or that. Or limited by who they are or where they come from. SMWW real life couples especially you see always talk about trying to be the best they can be. There is no limitation or boundaries. Why the heck should anyone not want to soar? Or not want a partner ( if you are looking) with SMWW qualities? Saying SMWW is too obvious is such an ignorant remark and they need to be humanized as SM is too strong or WW is an Amazon.

Being humanized has nothing to do with strength levels or culture. It's yr choices, yr heart, the way your live life and respond to its tests. It's time people challenge these out dated notions perpetuated by DC about what humanity actually is and what it means to have it. And being a hero is hard because we all have flaws. It is not easy. Being exclusively good is never easy, esp in a world where people have done crappy stuff for millenia and will continue to do so . There is the story for SMWW. Just being in a world that has always been gray and trying to make the choices they can to make the world better and definitely not making it about themselves or their relationship above everyone else. They can love each other, support each other and yes even have disagreements. Because they are independent and have their own povs. But truth, trust and respect will always be there.
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-08-2018 at 08:22 AM.