Page 238 of 281 FirstFirst ... 138188228234235236237238239240241242248 ... LastLast
Results 3,556 to 3,570 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Well from the beginning, the rewriting made a mess they’ve tried to sweep under the rug. But the plot holes and contradictions are too big to try to ignore. Cutting something that was developing on its own, going a total different direction to go backwards and sever what was already developed for years and years period, wasn’t thought out very well. Especially when they’ve ended up now written into a very isolated corner.
    In my opinion the problem is not only with SM but also with WW, she got lost during Rebirth, she is no longer a known version but a mutation of the character that we know. I do not see any point in common between SM and WW now. She is no longer a sincere friend, who acts with feelings, no longer has a pure heart, is not an avatar of the truth, she has become a character who has the ability to say that "the battlefield is her paradise" .. I really do not know who this character is.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well from the beginning, the rewriting made a mess they’ve tried to sweep under the rug. But the plot holes and contradictions are too big to try to ignore. Cutting something that was developing on its own, going a total different direction to go backwards and sever what was already developed for years and years period, wasn’t thought out very well. Especially when they’ve ended up now written into a very isolated corner.
    Bendis is bringing back the focus on Superman (it would've happened anyway even without Brian), we'll see what's left of Clark's connection with Diana after 2 years of nothing, now that it's the world outside of his nuclear family that it'll be fleshed out.

Back to our pics... another thing that we didn't see much lately are the couples caricatures...

Art by Dely:

"#superman #wonderwoman #chibilove"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5SrhtFFDH/

Art by Heather Proctor:

"#exaggeration #caricature #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-hJKRBasr/

Art by Tamba77:

"A great couple who'm to this day I'm greatfull to have met 😊. If I'm correct, it still hangs on their wall all the way at the other side of the world."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-h7mAhSBE/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Bendis is bringing back the focus on Superman (it would've happened anyway even without Brian), we'll see what's left of Clark's connection with Diana after 2 years of nothing, now that it's the world outside of his nuclear family that it'll be fleshed out.

Back to our pics... another thing that we didn't see much lately are the couples caricatures...

Art by Dely:

"#superman #wonderwoman #chibilove"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5SrhtFFDH/

Art by Heather Proctor:

"#exaggeration #caricature #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-hJKRBasr/

Art by Tamba77:

"A great couple who'm to this day I'm greatfull to have met ��. If I'm correct, it still hangs on their wall all the way at the other side of the world."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-h7mAhSBE/
    Humor is one of the most sincere and spontaneous forms of homage!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    In my opinion the problem is not only with SM but also with WW, she got lost during Rebirth, she is no longer a known version but a mutation of the character that we know. I do not see any point in common between SM and WW now. She is no longer a sincere friend, who acts with feelings, no longer has a pure heart, is not an avatar of the truth, she has become a character who has the ability to say that "the battlefield is her paradise" .. I really do not know who this character is.
    In order for this status quo to work, not only was Clark and Diana turned into strangers to each other but to themselves. Diana is unsure of herself, no stability, or balance. Clark is unsure of himself as well, identity issues, trying so hard to stay in this comfort normal human bubble that at any moment if it bursts, it’s a trigger for him to go off the rails. Rebirth was suppose to be back to basics and supposed solid world building. It did the total opposite cherry picking things and causing the destruction of things.

They have to start all over yet again because nothing seems genuine now. There is a lot of pretending and looking over. Can’t ask why and how...just go with it. That kind of half baked, lazy writing isn’t acceptable. If Kal and Diana’s relationship is going to be rebuilt, it needs to be genuine, developed fully as it was in the first place.

In order for this status quo to work, not only was Clark and Diana turned into strangers to each other but to themselves. Diana is unsure of herself, no stability, or balance. Clark is unsure of himself as well, identity issues, trying so hard to stay in this comfort normal human bubble that at any moment if it bursts, it’s a trigger for him to go off the rails. Rebirth was suppose to be back to basics and supposed solid world building. It did the total opposite cherry picking things and causing the destruction of things.

They have to start all over yet again because nothing seems genuine now. There is a lot of pretending and looking over. Can’t ask why and how...just go with it. That kind of half baked, lazy writing isn’t acceptable. If Kal and Diana’s relationship is going to be rebuilt, it needs to be genuine, developed fully as it was in the first place.
    Many fans are lost with this SM and this WW, they do not recognize them and we realize that these changes that alienated the two characters are the origin of this relative lack of empathy of the fans with them, this fact corroborates with the thesis that SM and WW complement, fit like Lego parts! These "fittings" are very much missing in the construction of the characters, and among these fittings are the similarities between them and the deep friendship of them. Many people see them as best friends, long time friends, lovers and even some very creative see them as relatives... The fact that they are so far apart confirms how different they are from what we know.
    Last edited by Deiasilva10; 11-11-2018 at 05:38 PM.

They sort of restarted already as, despite the pretence of SM/WW knowing each other for 10/15 years, their "real" history isn't clearly there. From now on, it'll be a matter of characterization and fleshing out their dynamic to make their interactions seem more genuine.

More caricatures...

Art by Temporary Wizard:

"Chibi couple commission for a client of them and their boo dressed for halloween!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXa9SXlaC0/

Art by Polish artist Magda Kornacka:

"Super family"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp1jTsgAsR2/

Art by French illustrator Virginie Siveton:

"Commission done ✅"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpzr87Fhlqe/

They sort of restarted already as, despite the pretence of SM/WW knowing each other for 10/15 years, their "real" history isn't clearly there. From now on, it'll be a matter of characterization and fleshing out their dynamic to make their interactions seem more genuine.

More caricatures...

Art by Temporary Wizard:

"Chibi couple commission for a client of them and their boo dressed for halloween!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpXa9SXlaC0/

Art by Polish artist Magda Kornacka:

"Super family"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp1jTsgAsR2/

Art by French illustrator Virginie Siveton:

"Commission done ✅"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bpzr87Fhlqe/
    I can see SMWW having a little "Hulk"!!!! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

All I know is that this thing about Superman needs anchoring is utter bs imo. Clark Kent is SM's anchor after his upbringing by his parents, his schooling, his town, his friends, his studying, his job, his interaction with people...forming attachment, affection, loyalty to earth. Then he has the anchor of heroism. His choice to honor his heritage and legacy to Krypton to use his powers to help others. And the nature of life is, even with the best of intentions, not everyone will understand or accept what he has to do. Division and difference is part of life. It's in our politics, religion, entertainment, ideas, movements, art etc. I cannot for the life of me understand this rubbish he needs grounding. It has turned Superman into a fairweather hero...he whines and yearns for "normality"...God knows wth that means. Is he that much of a wimp to want to just be comfy? Superheroes by their nature are about sacrifice and facing stuff regular jane and joe do not. This is why I really love new 52 Superman and new 52 Wonder Woman desire to use their gifts...to WANT to do it and not be hankering for some run of the mill life we get to have because that is all we can have because we are not born with gifts and abilities to change the world for the better. The idea Clark is seen as some lost vessel if he isn't tethered or hankering to be "normal" is so trite and it has lead to this belief Superman is mentally fragile and needs comfort to operate. Him not having it or even losing it makes him some mad man or dictator in the making. I will always thank Soule for understanding what SMWW fans love about Clark and Diana's strength and integrity and selflessness and they encourage that in each other. Diana would end their relationship if he ever put her before the world to let hundred or thousands of innocents die because he is too concern to save her rather than do his duty.

The so called "friendship" is not there. It just is not. Ask any smww fan of pre flashpoint and new 52. What they have even in JL is just weird considering the way Clark and Diana were close whether they were friends or lovers . Feels like the group taking the lead now in writing all have their own agenda and would rather force left field stuff than give us smww bond DC actually published for decades. Whether it is for movie synergy or plain anti smww stance, who knows. It's not the same group from the 80ties, 90ties or 2000s and the ones taking the lead in writing...they all seem to have a different perspective on who should be close etc. Now I have no problem them exploring other dynamics. It is fine. Just don't treat smww bond like it is non existent.
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-11-2018 at 05:58 PM.

Many fans are lost with this SM and this WW, they do not recognize them and we realize that these changes that alienated the two characters are the origin of this relative lack of empathy of the fans with them, this fact corroborates with the thesis that SM and WW complement, fit like Lego parts! These "fittings" are very much missing in the construction of the characters, and among these fittings are the similarities between them and the deep friendship of them. Many people see them as best friends, long time friends, lovers and even some very creative see them as relatives... The fact that they are so far apart confirms how different they are from what we know.
    Exactly! They are suppose to be each other’s counterparts. Wonder Woman is the answer to Superman. Two sides of the same coin. We see daily how this is basically universally known whether comic book readers or movie goers or not. They have had the most relatable genuine, “real” relationship built for years. A relationship that is desired in reality. It was a bond that as you’ve said, ingrained itself within both of them and became a very important part of them.

Sort of = half baked. And yeah, still cherry picked. Their “first meeting” in rebirth was so underwhelming...underwhelming is even an understatement. Kal and Diana’s first meeting is obviously the most important moment of how their relationship starts to build. Nothing is clear and probably won’t ever be. No idea how they can flesh out their dynamic at this moment if they start where things are now.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    All I know is that this thing about Superman needs anchoring is utter bs imo. Clark Kent is SM's anchor after his upbringing by his parents, his schooling, his town, his friends, his studying, his job, his interaction with people...forming attachment, affection, loyalty to earth. Then he has the anchor of heroism. His choice to honor his heritage and legacy to Krypton to use his powers to help others. And the nature of life is, even with the best of intentions, not everyone will understand or accept what he has to do. Division and difference is part of life. It's in our politics, religion, entertainment, ideas, movements, art etc. I cannot for the life of me understand this rubbish he needs grounding. It has turned Superman into a fairweather hero...he whines and yearns for "normality"...God knows wth that means. Is he that much of a wimp to want to just be comfy? Superheroes by their nature are about sacrifice and facing stuff regular jane and joe do not. This is why I really love new 52 Superman and new 52 Wonder Woman desire to use their gifts...to WANT to do it and not be hankering for some run of the mill life we get to have because that is all we can have because we are not born with gifts and abilities to change the world for the better. The idea Clark is seen as some lost vessel if he isn't tethered or hankering to be "normal" is so trite and it has lead to this belief Superman is mentally fragile and needs comfort to operate. Him not having it or even losing it makes him some mad man or dictator in the making. I will always thank Soule for understanding what SMWW fans love about Clark and Diana's strength and integrity and selflessness and they encourage that in each other. Diana would end their relationship if he ever put her before the world to let hundred or thousands of innocents die because he is too concern to save her rather than do his duty.

The so called "friendship" is not there. It just is not. Ask any smww fan of pre flashpoint and new 52. What they have even in JL is just weird considering the way Clark and Diana were close whether they were friends or lovers . Feels like the group taking the lead now in writing all have their own agenda and would rather force left field stuff than give us smww bond DC actually published for decades. Whether it is for movie synergy or plain anti smww stance, who knows. It's not the same group from the 80ties, 90ties or 2000s and the ones taking the lead in writing...they all seem to have a different perspective on who should be close etc. Now I have no problem them exploring other dynamics. It is fine. Just don't treat smww bond like it is non existent.
    All of this but with the bolded part, I think in some ways, in order to have some other dynamics, SMWW dynamic has to be “non existent” or “very limited”. Kal and Diana have connections on much deeper levels and a closeness others can not match. With trying to explore other dynamics, they also have to be change in some ways to fit certain situations and connect with other characters in superficial, forced and/or contrived ways.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-11-2018 at 06:30 PM.

10 to 15 years?! Hahahahaha.

BTW, love all these couples' art commissions. Nice to see them choosing SMWW.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Another SMWW comic strip. From late 70ties.

LOL I love this!

Another SMWW engagement!!! Oh yay!!!

Painting by Maleki:

"Sitting pretty in her new home @ Costa Ivone Law with her new owner, attorney Anthony Ivone."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp-TXVSHnjI/

Abstract painting auctioned on eBay:

"Superman and Wonder Woman Dancing Abstract Comic Art Superhero Dance"

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/192708698288

Collage/painting by Brad Novak:

https://boyddunlop.com/pages/gallery

Painting by Maleki:

"Sitting pretty in her new home @ Costa Ivone Law with her new owner, attorney Anthony Ivone."

I see more and more art and pictures with Lynda and Christopher! What a beautiful pair they would have made! And it would absolutely possible a movie with them, it would be very top!

Painting by Maleki:

Amazing art as always!

I see more and more art and pictures with Lynda and Christopher! What a beautiful pair they would have made! And it would absolutely possible a movie with them, it would be very top!
    If only we could get a digital first crossover! Would be fab!!