Page 239 of 281 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Another thing that took a break during the Halloween period were the pics of super-wonderful tattoos...

"Fun one with Katie today."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpqXjTkAUiT/

"Super cool Wonder Woman x Superman tattoo done by Christian!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5yRtqB12o/

"This was Sunday's first tattoo in the morning at the @tampatattooartsconvention. Truly a pleasure to be able to create neat pieces of art on people... my own work or other peoples. Cannot wait to come back to Tampa next year."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo-BfxPH08j/
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-12-2018 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Another thing that took a break during the Halloween period are the pics of super-wonderful tattoos...

"Fun one with Katie today."

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpqXjTkAUiT/

"Super cool Wonder Woman x Superman tattoo done by Christian!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp5yRtqB12o/

"This was Sunday's first tattoo in the morning at the @tampatattooartsconvention. Truly a pleasure to be able to create neat pieces of art on people... my own work or other peoples. Cannot wait to come back to Tampa next year."

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bo-BfxPH08j/
    Oh WOW!!!!!!! I’m loving these!!

The first one with the lasso around the \S/! Fantastic details!

Combining SMWW’s symbols, hoping if “The Golden Child” gets a costume, hoping for a symbols combination like this! It’s awesome!

Deodato’s SMWW image is truly impactful!

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I can see SMWW having a little "Hulk"!!!! Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk
    Bruce will probably refuse to godfathering the baby to not deal with his anger issues. 😄

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    The so called "friendship" is not there. It just is not. Ask any smww fan of pre flashpoint and new 52. What they have even in JL is just weird considering the way Clark and Diana were close whether they were friends or lovers . Feels like the group taking the lead now in writing all have their own agenda and would rather force left field stuff than give us smww bond DC actually published for decades. Whether it is for movie synergy or plain anti smww stance, who knows. It's not the same group from the 80ties, 90ties or 2000s and the ones taking the lead in writing...they all seem to have a different perspective on who should be close etc. Now I have no problem them exploring other dynamics. It is fine. Just don't treat smww bond like it is non existent.
    Unlike the DCEU or DCAU where you can easily point at a singular creative choice, in the comics there were too many overlapping things that got against SM/WW. One should make a case-by-case of each series, authors and phases of Rebirth (pre and post Reborn). 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Sort of = half baked. And yeah, still cherry picked. Their “first meeting” in rebirth was so underwhelming...underwhelming is even an understatement. Kal and Diana’s first meeting is obviously the most important moment of how their relationship starts to build. Nothing is clear and probably won’t ever be. No idea how they can flesh out their dynamic at this moment if they start where things are now.
    Yup, their post-COIE and post-FP's "first meeting" were pretty similar: in both SM/WW know and are attracted to each other after fighting together Darkseid's army. The one in Rebirth unlike the other retellings of the initiative isn't a "flashback" to past published stories but it's entirely made up by Rucka. 😒

All of this but with the bolded part, I think in some ways, in order to have some other dynamics, SMWW dynamic has to be “non existent” or “very limited”. Kal and Diana have connections on much deeper levels and a closeness others can not match. With trying to explore other dynamics, they also have to be change in some ways to fit certain situations and connect with other characters in superficial, forced and/or contrived ways.
    That's definitely what happened in some cases.

Another SMWW engagement!!! Oh yay!!!
    Someone should make a collage every year of all the SM/WW inspired engagements/weddings. 🤭

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    I see more and more art and pictures with Lynda and Christopher! What a beautiful pair they would have made! And it would absolutely possible a movie with them, it would be very top!
    If only we could get a digital first crossover! Would be fab!!
    I second that.

Combining SMWW’s symbols, hoping if “The Golden Child” gets a costume, hoping for a symbols combination like this! It’s awesome!
    Now that you've said it, I'll be angry if he doesn't get that symbol. 😤

Deodato’s SMWW image is truly impactful!
    It's literally everywhere. 😎

Yup, their post-COIE and post-FP's "first meeting" were pretty similar: in both SM/WW know and are attracted to each other after fighting together Darkseid's army. The one in Rebirth unlike the other retellings of the initiative isn't a "flashback" to past published stories but it's entirely made up by Rucka. 😒
    His run was more like he’ll take some elements he “might” like but twist them to his more preferred liking. And what he doesn’t like he’ll make that known clear as day and make up stuff along the way to take the place of that. His story and preferences is better and the gospel LOL

But none of that flashback stuff made an impact. It was very diluted. We were suppose to get an in depth perspective but it all seemed so stiff. This is what you get though when trying to purposely downplay dynamics that’s just meant and suppose to be.

That's definitely what happened in some cases.
    And how is that all working out exactly?

Someone should make a collage every year of all the SM/WW inspired engagements/weddings. 🤭
    That would be absolutely beautiful!!!

Now that you've said it, I'll be angry if he doesn't get that symbol. 😤
    I’m right with you!! We better have something similar!

It's literally everywhere. 😎
    Perfection!

Post Halloween

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBd2r-l-FJ/

“Perfect match...”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqBZcz4DBRj/

Prewedding Love!!

“Serei pra sempre sua mulher-maravilha e você será pra sempre meu super-homem ❤”
    Translation: “I will forever be your wonder woman and you will forever be my superman ❤”

https://www.instagram.com/sarahqueir...p/BqFoYn6gq9c/

His run was more like he’ll take some elements he “might” like but twist them to his more preferred liking. And what he doesn’t like he’ll make that known clear as day and make up stuff along the way to take the place of that. His story and preferences is better and the gospel LOL
    You're half-joking, but I've a problem with this kind of writing/writers. And I'm mildly disappointed that of all writers available, the task of redefine the WW franchise and Diana's relationships ended up to a writer that is fine to throw his lead character under the bus for childish 'ship reasons. 😕

But none of that flashback stuff made an impact. It was very diluted. We were suppose to get an in depth perspective but it all seemed so stiff. This is what you get though when trying to purposely downplay dynamics that’s just meant and suppose to be.
    Yeah, I don't think that this take on their first meeting will stick, as well as other elements of the run.

That would be absolutely beautiful!!!
    Go ahead and do it. 😉

I'm loving the prolonged Halloween, lol. 😂

Are these the Hot Topic rings?

Prewedding Love!!

“Serei pra sempre sua mulher-maravilha e você será pra sempre meu super-homem ❤”
    Translation: “I will forever be your wonder woman and you will forever be my superman ❤”

https://www.instagram.com/sarahqueir...p/BqFoYn6gq9c/
    Another one? Your wedding collages will be as many as the Halloween ones. 😜

You're half-joking, but I've a problem with this kind of writing/writers. And I'm mildly disappointed that of all writers available, the task of redefine the WW franchise and Diana's relationships ended up to a writer that is fine to throw his lead character under the bus for childish 'ship reasons. 😕
    Heh...yeah of course “half” joking...but, unfortunately, it’s still very true. Wonder Woman’s franchise boosts started from two distinct reboots (Perez/New52) and with both, her most important relationship involves Superman. Even DC themselves have acknowledged that much despite the “redefining”/history revision attempt of rebirth. This is another thing I believe fueled the overall attempt of destruction. But if a writer has to resort to throwing characters under the bus and insulting or downplaying another relationship (platonic or romantic) to prop another, they are showing how weak the relationship(s) they are trying to prop are.

Yeah, I don't think that this take on their first meeting will stick, as well as other elements of the run.
    Not at all because it wasn’t anything defining.

Go ahead and do it. 😉
    It is a great way of celebrating and showing SuperWonder love for Valentine's.

I'm loving the prolonged Halloween, lol. 😂
    How is it possible? Seriously has this ever been a thing?!

Are these the Hot Topic rings?
    Yep they are!

Another one? Your wedding collages will be as many as the Halloween ones. 😜
    Right! And let’s not forget the maternity shoots that come up as well!

SW/WW tattoos for couples...

"Love (couple) 💕 love tattoo"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpZSbmcHbo4/

"😎💑 #coupletattoo #wonderwoman #superman #mylove"

https://twitter.com/larissaalbernaz/...30342702391296

"#minimalisttattoo #coupletattoo #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqFfYcFhXBQ/

SW/WW tattoos for couples...

"Love (couple) 💕 love tattoo"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpZSbmcHbo4/

"😎💑 #coupletattoo #wonderwoman #superman #mylove"

https://twitter.com/larissaalbernaz/...30342702391296

"#minimalisttattoo #coupletattoo #superman #wonderwoman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqFfYcFhXBQ/
    Awe!!!! Love the connection of the tats!!!! The 3rd is definitely my fav!

Heh...yeah of course “half” joking...but, unfortunately, it’s still very true. Wonder Woman’s franchise boosts started from two distinct reboots (Perez/New52) and with both, her most important relationship involves Superman. Even DC themselves have acknowledged that much despite the “redefining”/history revision attempt of rebirth. This is another thing I believe fueled the overall attempt of destruction. But if a writer has to resort to throwing characters under the bus and insulting or downplaying another relationship (platonic or romantic) to prop another, they are showing how weak the relationship(s) they are trying to prop are.
    Writing weirdly ooc an iconic character like Wonder Woman to push a "shipper" agenda reeks of unprofessionalism. I mean... Diana acting uncharacteristically as a cold hearted bitch to **** on her relationship (platonic and romantic) with Superman, or making her looks foolish to validate a romance that was never part of her history... wth of writing is that?

It is a great way of celebrating and showing SuperWonder love for Valentine's.
    My idea anyway. 😉

How is it possible? Seriously has this ever been a thing?!
    These people wanted so bad to appear in this thread that they waited before posting their Halloween pics to avoid ending up among the scrapped posts due to the amount of images of a few weeks ago. 🤪

Yep they are!
    Thanks for the confirmation. 🙂

Right! And let’s not forget the maternity shoots that come up as well!
    Those deserve their own collage for Mother's Day. 😉

Adorable SuperWonder kids!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqE-4mmH2YO/

Adorable SuperWonder kids!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqE-4mmH2YO/
    Thank for sharing the pics, they're really adorable.

Till the past week, I had a link of a cute photoshoot of a mom and her little son as SM/WW that I planned to post after Halloween... I lost the link after I cleaned my browser. True story.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 11-13-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Writing weirdly ooc an iconic character like Wonder Woman to push a "shipper" agenda reeks of unprofessionalism. I mean... Diana acting uncharacteristically as a cold hearted bitch to **** on her relationship (platonic and romantic) with Superman, or making her looks foolish to validate a romance that was never part of her history... wth of writing is that?
    Well.... this is what happens when there is a bit of biasness and not exactly knowing how to justify the status quo changes especially when the status quo is going backwards.

New52 relationship wasn’t perfect however it was developed in a way that was very much meaningful and it was only focused on Kal and Diana. They built a connection by the feeling of mutual understanding, sharing burdens. We see new 52 Diana grow and learn not just with her relationship with Kal but her dysfunctional god family and the Amazons. She was more sure of herself regardless of the secrets and lies she was told. She knew who she was within and that was that. We even saw her deepest desire was to have her own normal with Kal, to have marriage and children. She showed her feelings by her actions, she never gave up on her relationship with him.

This is why what is said in rebirth ends up very contrived and contradictory because of its convoluted nature. There is a lack of proper timeline building, coherency...many things are tacked in. It lacks the basics and building blocks of pre new 52 and new 52. You cannot elevate a rushed status quo. In any story, movie or tv.

The most loved franchises/stories in books, tv, and movies today, all have good foundation and proper character building and development and fresh ideas. This is something that DC Comics need to pay attention to. Did you see this month's chart? The independents are increasing market share. People simply will not read rehashed, recycled stuff over and over for years and years. We said this before. DC needs to give the audience options. They will only continue to alienate potentially new, younger readers and those long time ones who are tired of the same old stuff and will have to rely on an ever shrinking readership.

My idea anyway. ��
    And it’s a fabulous idea... and you said you not into lovey dovey

These people wanted so bad to appear in this thread that they waited before posting their Halloween pics to avoid ending up among the scrapped posts due to the amount of images of a few weeks ago. ��
    LOL they want to be “late” stand outs!

Thanks for the confirmation. ��
    No problem! And again...this needs to be upgraded to an actual jewelry store partnership. If they can partner with JPG, this idea is possible.

Those deserve their own collage for Mother's Day. ��
    A collage for every holiday!!! Perfect!!!

Thank for sharing the pics, they're really adorable.

Till the past week, I had a link of a cute photoshoot of a mom and her little son as SM/WW that I planned to post after Halloween... I lost the link after I cleaned my browser. True story.
    Of course!

OMG! Awe Gotta find it!
    But I did see a wondermom and superbaby boy earlier today actually!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-13-2018 at 05:16 PM.

Those tattoos!!! Wow that is some serious SMWW dedication there for the ones that get whole images of Kal and Diana. The combined SMWW Logo is very cool to see. I love all the variations of SMWW logos we see too.

The text says it all.

The most loved franchises/stories in books, tv, and movies today, all have good foundation and proper character building and development and fresh ideas. This is something that DC Comics need to pay attention to. Did you see this month's chart? The independents are increasing market share. People simply will not read rehashed, recycled stuff over and over for years and years. We said this before. DC needs to give the audience options. They will only continue to alienate potentially new, younger readers and those long time ones who are tired of the same old stuff and will have to rely on an ever shrinking readership.

It's telling Saga and TWD can outsell nearly everyone save Batman. DC is hoping Black Label will try and get them the readers who are not hung up by nostalgia and rigid troupes, even if they might be coming outdated. I'd say they need more than Black Label. They need more minis and limited series. SMWW fans deserve a chance at getting something because the concept was popular enough to have steady sales and spawned merch etc. The new 52 when you compare the sales to Rebirth...there is no huge difference to suggest Rebirth was even necessary. Didio and Lee admit new 52 sold well and the gns of new 52 sold better. The new 52 Superman out there travelling the multiverse? Why can't we get a book with that? And why can't new 52 WW be brought back too in that verse? She sold just as well and got the Absolute treatment.

Those tattoos!!! Wow that is some serious SMWW dedication there for the ones that get whole images of Kal and Diana. The combined SMWW Logo is very cool to see. I love all the variations of SMWW logos we see too.

The text says it all.

Yep! Loving that the tattoos have meaning and stories behind them.

The first one **heart eyes!** LOVE!

Can we please have Kenneth Rocaforth image as a statue!

And Tony’s kiss in the storm will always be an iconic image