Page 240 of 281 FirstFirst ... 140190230236237238239240241242243244250 ... LastLast
Results 3,586 to 3,600 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Yep! Loving that the tattoos have meaning and stories behind them.

The first one **heart eyes!** LOVE!

Can we please have Kenneth Rocaforth image as a statue!

And Tony’s kiss in the storm will always be an iconic image
    SMWW is probably the only non canon couple ( according to DC Rebirth) that has their traits, symbols, art, comics, relationship etc used to exemplify the sign of the times and ideals. They are a legitimate symbol now for love, hope, romance, peace, excellence, etc. They are everywhere. Not many canon couples even have this. The greatest irony is DC has tried to undermine it etc. And many people are not paying them any attention. heheheheh. I always thought girls mostly would be into the corny kissy kissy stuff re the tattoos etc but in fact guys too are putting these things on their body. It's like they are not shy or too macho to show that they can love the idea of love and that love is smww. And those that do it for their other half...where they embody the power couple by wearing the SM or WW symbol...it's pretty darn sweet.
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-13-2018 at 06:07 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Well.... this is what happens when there is a bit of biasness and not exactly knowing how to justify the status quo changes especially when the status quo is going backwards.

New52 relationship wasn’t perfect however it was developed in a way that was very much meaningful and it was only focused on Kal and Diana. They built a connection by the feeling of mutual understanding, sharing burdens. We see new 52 Diana grow and learn not just with her relationship with Kal but her dysfunctional god family and the Amazons. She was more sure of herself regardless of the secrets and lies she was told. She knew who she was within and that was that. We even saw her deepest desire was to have her own normal with Kal, to have marriage and children. She showed her feelings by her actions, she never gave up on her relationship with him.
    What's happened to this Diana? She knocked her head or ended up brainwashed? 🤔

This is why what is said in rebirth ends up very contrived and contradictory because of its convoluted nature. There is a lack of proper timeline building, coherency...many things are tacked in. It lacks the basics and building blocks of pre new 52 and new 52. You cannot elevate a rushed status quo. In any story, movie or tv.
    I feel that mostly with Superman: it ended up a continuity mess because of short-sighted decisions and a last minute attempt to "fix" a problem that shouldn't have been created in the first place. And SM/WW became a casualty of the messy process.

And it’s a fabulous idea... and you said you not into lovey dovey.
    I'm not. I just like to suggest ideas right and left. 😁

No problem! And again...this needs to be upgraded to an actual jewelry store partnership. If they can partner with JPG, this idea is possible.
    That's would be ideal.

A collage for every holiday!!! Perfect!!!
    My idea © again. 😉

OMG! Awe Gotta find it!
    But I did see a wondermom and superbaby boy earlier today actually!
    In the one I had, the mother referred to her son as a "tantrum threenager" in the caption. Maybe you found it too.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Those tattoos!!! Wow that is some serious SMWW dedication there for the ones that get whole images of Kal and Diana. The combined SMWW Logo is very cool to see. I love all the variations of SMWW logos we see too.

The text says it all.

Loving all of them. 🥰 Unlike cosplays, those are forever. 😉

“🇦🇷 Da serie #tbt’s de uma história de amor... 💕 #paixao #amor #deus #god #familia #argentina #buenosaires #28anos de um super relacionamento! #superman #mulhermaravilha”
    Translation: “🇦🇷 From the series # tbt's a love story ... 💕 #paixao #amor #deus #god #familia #argentina #buenosaires # 28than super relationship! #superman #mulhermaravilha”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqHRm7UA3hS/

Combined official promotion although merch is separate (Official DC logo bottom left)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqG7heIn_8I/

More post Halloween!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIknNKFeZ3/

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    What's happened to this Diana? She knocked her head or ended up brainwashed? ��

Preflashpoint Diana and new 52 Diana would NEVER speak about Superman the way she did in Rebirth. Hell even pre Crisis SMWW had a respectful friendship judging by the numerous old comics we shared on older threads. Diana respected Clark, for the kind of man he was. She admired her friend for his compassion, kindness, gentleness, honor, selflessness etc. She said on many times she loved him, whether romantically or platonically. She would never speak the words put in her mouth. Not of a colleague, or a hero. And most certainly of a man they claim she was a friend for 10 to 15 years. It makes her seem very callous and inconsiderate considering SM at that time had "died". This Diana is not our Diana of pre flashpoint or new 52. That Diana put her life and reputation on the line time and again for him and his loved ones. She was a selfless friend to him. And he her. They would follow each other into battle without question because they trusted each other. That is my idea of how Diana behaves for a dear friend. Not throw him under the bus because there is some need to justify an abrupt retcon. Also our pre new 52 and new 52 Dianas always had a strong sense of self. She was never mentally unstable or deficient in empathy and smarts.
    Last edited by hellacre; 11-13-2018 at 06:26 PM.

“���� Da serie #tbt’s de uma história de amor... �� #paixao #amor #deus #god #familia #argentina #buenosaires #28anos de um super relacionamento! #superman #mulhermaravilha”
    Translation: “���� From the series # tbt's a love story ... �� #paixao #amor #deus #god #familia #argentina #buenosaires # 28than super relationship! #superman #mulhermaravilha”

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqHRm7UA3hS/

Combined official promotion although merch is separate (Official DC logo bottom left)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqG7heIn_8I/

More post Halloween!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqIknNKFeZ3/
    How sweet are the first couple.

Combined eh? It annoys me on some level the hypocrisy of DC. But then I shake my head and smirk.

More post Halloween. lol.

What's happened to this Diana? She knocked her head or ended up brainwashed? ��
    The Diana we know and love is locked away somewhere.

Rebirth Diana is from somewhere else entirely. Was bit by a grass snake she could’ve stomped on and was locked in a straight jacket LOL
    Geesh just typing that makes it even more horrible!

I feel that mostly with Superman: it ended up a continuity mess because of short-sighted decisions and a last minute attempt to "fix" a problem that shouldn't have been created in the first place. And SM/WW became a casualty of the messy process.
    This just showed how deeply their connection was. It effected a lot more than I don’t think DC actually thought it would.
    It’s something that only these two had the massive changes and is in a bigger mess than any other characters.

I'm not. I just like to suggest ideas right and left. ��
    Hehe oh ok. If you say so. But still! Great idea!

That's would be ideal.
    Yes it is...ugh so many creative ideas with SMWW that should be or should’ve already had been tapped into!

My idea © again. ��
    You are on a roll!

In the one I had, the mother referred to her son as a "tantrum threenager" in the caption. Maybe you found it too.
    Hehe next mission!

Preflashpoint Diana and new 52 Diana would NEVER speak about Superman the way she did in Rebirth. Hell even pre Crisis SMWW had a respectful friendship judging by the numerous old comics we shared on older threads. Diana respected Clark, for the kind of man he was. She admired her friend for his compassion, kindness, gentleness, honor, selflessness etc. She said on many times she loved him, whether romantically or platonically. She would never speak the words put in her mouth. Not of a colleague, or a hero. And most certainly of a man they claim she was a friend for 10 to 15 years. It makes her seem very callous and inconsiderate considering SM at that time had "died". This Diana is not our Diana of pre flashpoint or new 52. That Diana put her life and reputation on the line time and again for him and his loved ones. She was a selfless friend to him. And he her. They would follow each other into battle without question because they trusted each other. That is my idea of how Diana behaves for a dear friend. Not throw him under the bus because there is some need to justify an abrupt retcon. Also our pre new 52 and new 52 Dianas always had a strong sense of self. She was never mentally unstable or deficient in empathy and smarts.
    As said above, both had strong connections with Superman. This rebirth version “back to basic” concept stripped away a lot of important, defining elements for...I’m not sure exactly what this is now.

How sweet are the first couple.

Combined eh? It annoys me on some level the hypocrisy of DC. But then I shake my head and smirk.

More post Halloween. lol.
    Celebrating 28th anniversary! Loving how couples are making SMWW part of their special moments!

Right lol

LOL I’m still not over this being a thing and won’t be until Christmas...now the possibility of “post Halloween” pic during Christmas has risen to be for real and we were all just joking!
    Last edited by LoveStar; 11-13-2018 at 07:05 PM.

One thing to consider about Convergence/Rebirth/Reborn Superman aka "Superdad" is that DC not only rewrote continuity for Supes' kid but kept the focus of the franchise on him for 2 years to establishing the new character. Even if the thing was meant to be temporary, for 2 years Superman's life/stories revolved around fatherhood/family with no room for anything else and we didn't get a sense of what's his life outside of being a father. That shift of focus really hurt (re)building some kind of relationship with Diana among other factors.

Those people are hopeless romantic.
    Have they even explained HOW Lois got pregnant in the first place and was able to take the kid to term? At least with Wonder Woman you can just write it off due to Magic or that Gods and Demigods can breed with Anything but With Lois it doesn't Work. Clark is not Human, His DNA would be too advanced or Complex to fused with Earthling DNA (What Gene causes Heat vision?)and even if that were possible the Child would be a mutant hybrid and most likely Sterile like a mule. I swear they get down into the minutiae of some characters Like Batman's "micro-naps" whilst others they gloss and say nothing to see here..

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Have they even explained HOW Lois got pregnant in the first place and was able to take the kid to term? At least with Wonder Woman you can just write it off due to Magic or that Gods and Demigods can breed with Anything but With Lois it doesn't Work. Clark is not Human, His DNA would be too advanced or Complex to fused with Earthling DNA (What Gene causes Heat vision?)and even if that were possible the Child would be a mutant hybrid and most likely Sterile like a mule. I swear they get down into the minutiae of some characters Like Batman's "micro-naps" whilst others they gloss and say nothing to see here..
    I don't know if they did it, I don't read Rebirth at all, but I guess Clark would have lost his powers when he spawned Jon. It would still have no sense, DC contradicts its own canon. in the new 52 SM and LL of another dimension they had a son, what happened? that son died due to the fact that human and Kryptonian DNA were not compatible (see the horrible origin of Kon new 52) if I remember correctly I think that in pre-flaspoind it was mentioned that Lois could not have Clark's children, now instead, it seems that these things would never have been said.

“My new favourite tee 🌙💥”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp1DsJHFFHl/

Paulo Siqueira Kiss deserves to be licensed for merch too and added to being a potential statue

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpbB3xPlMk3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9oCYRglh_/

SMWW is probably the only non canon couple ( according to DC Rebirth) that has their traits, symbols, art, comics, relationship etc used to exemplify the sign of the times and ideals. They are a legitimate symbol now for love, hope, romance, peace, excellence, etc. They are everywhere. Not many canon couples even have this. The greatest irony is DC has tried to undermine it etc. And many people are not paying them any attention. heheheheh. I always thought girls mostly would be into the corny kissy kissy stuff re the tattoos etc but in fact guys too are putting these things on their body. It's like they are not shy or too macho to show that they can love the idea of love and that love is smww. And those that do it for their other half...where they embody the power couple by wearing the SM or WW symbol...it's pretty darn sweet.
    SMWW represent everything couples long for! Unconditional love, sincere and sublime friendship, full sexual life, companionship, longevity, equality ... this is what couples aim for their lives.

A lot of our posts are really "weird looking" from my phone, it feels like I'm scrolling an entire page instead of a single post. 🤣

A combined promotion for separate merch isn't such a big deal and DC has no control over how these companies decide to promote their products under license. If you want to talk about the company's "hypocrisy", look no further than the "Golden Child" project in the works... DC had total control over the approval of it. 🤔

It's telling Saga and TWD can outsell nearly everyone save Batman. DC is hoping Black Label will try and get them the readers who are not hung up by nostalgia and rigid troupes, even if they might be coming outdated. I'd say they need more than Black Label. They need more minis and limited series. SMWW fans deserve a chance at getting something because the concept was popular enough to have steady sales and spawned merch etc. The new 52 when you compare the sales to Rebirth...there is no huge difference to suggest Rebirth was even necessary. Didio and Lee admit new 52 sold well and the gns of new 52 sold better. The new 52 Superman out there travelling the multiverse? Why can't we get a book with that? And why can't new 52 WW be brought back too in that verse? She sold just as well and got the Absolute treatment.
    The Rebirth initiative was a response to the failed DC-You, sales weren't really good during that phase. Btw, I'd too like to see SM/WW getting the focus again in a mini, gn, whatever. It's well deserved. 😎

The Diana we know and love is locked away somewhere.

Rebirth Diana is from somewhere else entirely. Was bit by a grass snake she could’ve stomped on and was locked in a straight jacket LOL
    Geesh just typing that makes it even more horrible!
    Can we just pretend that Rucka's portrait of Diana regarding her relationship with Superman isn't really canonic and it's just one writer's headcanon? 😅 It contradicts the basic characterization of WW for 75 years, her historic bond (platonic too) with Superman, the more recent continuity/works of other writers, and also how she felt about Clark's death in other series published by DC during that period. Heck, it even contradicts DC's solicit for Rucka's run:

"After suffering an unimaginable loss, Wonder Woman must rebuild her mission as Earth's ultimate protector and champion.

DON'T MISS: New York Times best-selling writer Greg Rucka returns to Wonder Woman with a tale that will forever alter the DC icon."

Can't take it seriously. 🤪

This just showed how deeply their connection was. It effected a lot more than I don’t think DC actually thought it would.
    It’s something that only these two had the massive changes and is in a bigger mess than any other characters.
    Reason why I appreciate more the current DCAU because it didn't go through a weird poorly planned wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, continuity mumbo-jumbo that ended up retconning SM/WW relationship by "accident". 😩

Hehe oh ok. If you say so. But still! Great idea!
    I'm aware of its greatness... it's my idea. 🤭

Yes it is...ugh so many creative ideas with SMWW that should be or should’ve already had been tapped into!
    SM/WW's commercial potential is very large. Btw, you've great ideas too. 😇

Hehe next mission!
    Good luck with it. 😉

“My new favourite tee 🌙💥”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp1DsJHFFHl/

Paulo Siqueira Kiss deserves to be licensed for merch too and added to being a potential statue

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpbB3xPlMk3/

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bp9oCYRglh_/
    I second that. There are a lot of iconic/popular SM/WW images that could be licensed and Paulo Siqueira's "Kiss" is for sure one of them. 😎

“My new favourite tee ����”
    Mine too, very nice.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

SM/WW themed party by MJK event styling (a panel from AC #600 with SM/WW kissing is visible in the background):

More pics here: https://www.instagram.com/mjkreations/

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    SMWW represent everything couples long for! Unconditional love, sincere and sublime friendship, full sexual life, companionship, longevity, equality ... this is what couples aim for their lives.
    Truth! We need better and more representation of a healthy modern relationship, which SMWW has always been. Their situations are on a grander scale but very much relatable and this is why so many couples relate and gravitate towards them.

A lot of our posts are really "weird looking" from my phone, it feels like I'm scrolling an entire page instead of a single post. 🤣
    Ha! Sometimes it feels like you’re scrolling forever!

The Rebirth initiative was a response to the failed DC-You, sales weren't really good during that phase. Btw, I'd too like to see SM/WW getting the focus again in a mini, gn, whatever. It's well deserved. 😎
    Huh...so if Rebirth was a response to DC-You....The disruption of SMWW is even more so unjustifiable...

Can we just pretend that Rucka's portrait of Diana regarding her relationship with Superman isn't really canonic and it's just one writer's headcanon? 😅 It contradicts the basic characterization of WW for 75 years, her historic bond (platonic too) with Superman, the more recent continuity/works of other writers, and also how she felt about Clark's death in other series published by DC during that period. Heck, it even contradicts DC's solicit for Rucka's run:

"After suffering an unimaginable loss, Wonder Woman must rebuild her mission as Earth's ultimate protector and champion.

DON'T MISS: New York Times best-selling writer Greg Rucka returns to Wonder Woman with a tale that will forever alter the DC icon."

Can't take it seriously. 🤪
    Years of development and actually showing that on panel is much greater and far more memorable than contradictory contrivances.

Reason why I appreciate more the current DCAU because it didn't go through a weird poorly planned wibbly-wobbly, timey-wimey, continuity mumbo-jumbo that ended up retconning SM/WW relationship by "accident". 😩
    Still very low bar...it’s not timey-wimey, mumbo jumbo, it’s just lazy off panel backwards redundancy.

I'm aware of its greatness... it's my idea. 🤭
    LOL great confidence

SM/WW's commercial potential is very large. Btw, you've great ideas too. 😇
    Right!
    And thank you very much!

Good luck with it. 😉
    Heh! Cross fingers!

I second that. There are a lot of iconic/popular SM/WW images that could be licensed and Paulo Siqueira's "Kiss" is for sure one of them. 😎
    Just create an entire SMWW line (as it should’ve been) and it’s all settled!

SM/WW themed party by MJK event styling (a panel from AC #600 with SM/WW kissing is visible in the background):

More pics here: https://www.instagram.com/mjkreations/
    Beautifully decorated! Perfect match

Truth! We need better and more representation of a healthy modern relationship, which SMWW has always been. Their situations are on a grander scale but very much relatable and this is why so many couples relate and gravitate towards them.
    Word.

Ha! Sometimes it feels like you’re scrolling forever!
    My feeling exactly, lol. 😂

Huh...so if Rebirth was a response to DC-You....The disruption of SMWW is even more so unjustifiable...
    "The disruption of SM/WW" predates even the DC You fail, it started right after Convergence. 🤔

Years of development and actually showing that on panel is much greater and far more memorable than contradictory contrivances.
    Yeah, history doesn't lie. 🧐

Still very low bar...it’s not timey-wimey, mumbo jumbo, it’s just lazy off panel backwards redundancy.
    I found it a lot more acceptable than what happened in the comics, and their history is still intact in the DCAU.

LOL great confidence
    😎

Right!
    And thank you very much!
    You're welcome. You deserve some praise every now and then to boost your ego. 😉

Just create an entire SMWW line (as it should’ve been) and it’s all settled!
    You dream big, my friend. 😉