Page 255 of 281 FirstFirst ... 155205245251252253254255256257258259265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I'm not sure I've already shared this... but in a movie forum and on twitter I read some people who were opposed to the idea of SM/WW as a couple because Superman needs to be "grounded" and Wonder Woman can't ground him, blah, blah, blah... admitting that they have changed their minds after seeing the WW movie because of Diana's portrait there. Thanks Patty. ��
    “Although some wondered if the bond between these two godlike beings might create a distance between them and the humanity they have sworn to protect, it instead have both Wonder Woman and Superman something to which they could anchor themselves. They were two EQUALS who could UNITE to protect the world AS A COUPLE...” -
    DC Comics Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Warrior

Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to soar and lead, not be grounded and follow. That doesn’t mean turn them into dictators, but they are to help make the world...the entire universe better, be at peace, embracing all life, cultures, beliefs etc...Superman and Wonder Woman are and should be universal characters.

However it seems the truth of the positive nature of their relationship and influence to each other is taken and twisted negatively for contrived conflicting (at times biased) reasonings as in what happened in DOS.
    But even DC acknowleges it (when they want to) as how their relationship truly is. This is also why SMWW resonates with a wider audience that even if they don’t read comics, see the movies etc, there’s this natural unspoken connection and message preceived when SMWW are side by side.

Less creepy than when he peeped on SM/WW while they were kissing. ��
    True!

I'm not sure I've already shared this... but in a movie forum and on twitter I read some people who were opposed to the idea of SM/WW as a couple because Superman needs to be "grounded" and Wonder Woman can't ground him, blah, blah, blah... admitting that they have changed their minds after seeing the WW movie because of Diana's portrait there. Thanks Patty. ��

Ah that is good. The idea that a woman who was raised by people who loved her, ON EARTH, who has shared aspirations and ideals as Clark, who is kind and compassionate and in comics would fight and die to protect Clark and HIS loved ones at risk of her own reputation etc...and they say she can't "ground him" or isn't a good partner is the biggest bs that ever came out of DC Comics. The ONLY real difference Diana has is she is of another culture. She is from this same planet for crying out loud. So that makes that the most xenophobic idea coming out of DC or I should say propagated by certain Superman writers and a double standard applied to only SMWW to prop a status quo. Because as we see they have zero probs with other couplings no matter how far apart they are in ideology, or culture or even planets. Hell they have many meta characters in love and have no need to have them put with humans to ground or humanize them. eg Every woman in the universe wants BM no matter what...it grinds my gears people make Diana out to be this person devoid of real emotion or dreams and hopes and fears etc just because she is different. Patty's Diana is lovable and has a lot of humanity just by being who she is. I'd say Cavill's sad and lost SM prob be better for it IF he'd gotten to know her.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

New52 SM/WW action figures/statues:

"Superman and Wonder woman were busy again today."

https://www.facebook.com/10002459468...8220428007777/

"Superman & Wonder Women Terrarium #plants #office #actionfigure #superman #wonderwomen #christmasgifts"

https://www.facebook.com/allnaturalg...3287062831117/

"#wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqY93-HhTeY/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    “Although some wondered if the bond between these two godlike beings might create a distance between them and the humanity they have sworn to protect, it instead have both Wonder Woman and Superman something to which they could anchor themselves. They were two EQUALS who could UNITE to protect the world AS A COUPLE...” -

Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to soar and lead, not be grounded and follow. That doesn’t mean turn them into dictators, but they are to help make the world...the entire universe better, be at peace, embracing all life, cultures, beliefs etc...Superman and Wonder Woman are and should be universal characters.

However it seems the truth of the positive nature of their relationship and influence to each other is taken and twisted negatively for contrived conflicting (at times biased) reasonings as in what happened in DOS.
    But even DC acknowleges it (when they want to) as how their relationship truly is. This is also why SMWW resonates with a wider audience that even if they don’t read comics, see the movies etc, there’s this natural unspoken connection and message preceived when SMWW are side by side.

True!
    You know what is ironic? Diana's concept of TRUTH is real. It's being totally open and yet that is twisted into something negative. While hiding who you are and writing articles and so forth under a guise to win pulitzers is termed as truth when it is in real world terms is not. Again I'd say Diana could challenge a side of Clark but truth is warped and twisted to suit old troupes. This is why new 52 Truth was a great idea and just wasted. New 52 Superman IF he survived ( I have no idea who that guy is from Sideways) should not have an ID. For once I'd like to see a Superman and Clark who is not only talking the talk but walking the walk. Facing every repercussion there is any person of his stature would have to, good and bad. Look at Aquaman, Cap, Black Panther...they carry the modern sensibility and face everything in terms of who they are as men and heroes with real gravitas. There is no oh I have to hide because I need to be happy and live in comfort. I guess at least we got this in KC and DK verse but I'd like to see a younger Superman choose this, and the multiverse is a great opportunity to do it. There is this fallacy he has to have an id and be tied to the DP to be interesting. I'd say given what modern heroes are doing, that is not true. It's one aspect and a version, which is fine but that isn't truly what makes a hero a hero.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-06-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Love this quote. 👍

Superman and Wonder Woman are suppose to soar and lead, not be grounded and follow. That doesn’t mean turn them into dictators, but help make the world...the entire universe better, be at peace, embracing all life, cultures, beliefs etc...Superman and Wonder Woman are and should be universal characters.
    This.

I'm sure these people that use this argument know the WW character only superficially. That's why a movie that did a good job to capture Diana's "humanity" made some people change their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post
    Ah that is good. The idea that a woman who was raised by people who loved her, ON EARTH, who has shared aspirations and ideals as Clark, who is kind and compassionate and in comics would fight and die to protect Clark and HIS loved ones at risk of her own reputation etc...and they say she can't "ground him" or isn't a good partner is the biggest bs that ever came out of DC Comics. The ONLY real difference Diana has is she is of another culture. She is from this same planet for crying out loud. So that makes that the most xenophobic idea coming out of DC or I should say propagated by certain Superman writers and a double standard applied to only SMWW to prop a status quo. Because as we see they have zero probs with other couplings no matter how far apart they are in ideology, or culture or even planets. Hell they have many meta characters in love and have no need to have them put with humans to ground or humanize them. eg Every woman in the universe wants BM no matter what...it grinds my gears people make Diana out to be this person devoid of real emotion or dreams and hopes and fears etc just because she is different. Patty's Diana is lovable and has a lot of humanity just by being who she is. I'd say Cavill's sad and lost SM prob be better for it IF he'd gotten to know her.
    I would have loved if Patty's Diana had given PR tips to Superman, lol. 🤣

Gosh I love these statues. There are some new 52 Superman and Wonder Woman statues I would die to own.

New52 SM/WW action figures/statues:

"Superman and Wonder woman were busy again today."

https://www.facebook.com/10002459468...8220428007777/

"Superman & Wonder Women Terrarium #plants #office #actionfigure #superman #wonderwomen #christmasgifts"

https://www.facebook.com/allnaturalg...3287062831117/

"#wonderwoman #superman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqY93-HhTeY/
    LMAO!! The first caption!!!!!
    I miss them so much....

You know what is ironic? Diana's concept of TRUTH is real. It's being totally open and yet that is twisted into something negative. While hiding who you are and writing articles and so forth under a guise to win pultizers is termed as truth when it is in real world terms is not. Again I'd say Diana could challenge a side of Clark but truth is warped and twisted to suit old troupes. This is why new 52 Truth was a great idea and just wasted. New 52 Superman IF he survived ( I have no idea who that guy is from Sideways) should not have an ID. For once I'd like to see a Superman and Clark who is not only talking the talk but walking the walk. Facing every repercussion there is any person of his statue would have to, good and bad. Look at Aquaman, Cap, Black Panther...they carry the modern sensibility and face everything in terms of who they are as men and heroes with real gravitas. There is no oh I have to hide because I need to be happy and live in comfort. I guess at least we got this in KC and DK verse but I'd like to see a younger Superman choose this, and the multiverse is a great opportunity to do it. There is this fallacy he has to have an id and be tied to the DP to be interesting. I'd say given what modern heroes are doing, that is not true. It's one aspect and a version, which is fine but that isn't truly what makes a hero a hero.
    Yes, Diana is truth and sees the absolutely truth. Superman pretending by means of selfish comfort, glossing it as some greater good, doesn’t cut it. Especially when the ID is used in way that makes it seem like Superman is resentful toward who he really is. Diana did challenge this and she was supposedly in the wrong for it???

Love this quote. ��
    I'm sure these people that use this argument know the WW character only superficially. That's why a movie that did a good job to capture Diana's "humanity" made some people change their minds.
    Lots of things seemed to be looked upon in superficial ways recently.

And might as well post this part of the quote too as reminder...

“Time and Time again, the relationship of Wonder Woman and the Man of Steel is TESTED. And yet despite their trails, the couple find their way back to each other, even from the brink of absolute destruction. It is a testament to the depth of the affection and comfort these allies find in each other’s arms that their relationship cannot be broken...Not until the very end.”
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-06-2018 at 02:42 PM.

DCEU SM/WW figures (again):

https://www.instagram.com/kennervader/

Loving all these posts as bittersweet as it is! Every post has emphasized how great they look together even as figures LOL

LMAO!! The first caption!!!!!
    I miss them so much...
    Well, that's what the SM/WW figures do when WB and DC aren't watching. 😜

You know what is ironic? Diana's concept of TRUTH is real. It's being totally open and yet that is twisted into something negative. While hiding who you are and writing articles and so forth under a guise to win pultizers is termed as truth when it is in real world terms is not. Again I'd say Diana could challenge a side of Clark but truth is warped and twisted to suit old troupes. This is why new 52 Truth was a great idea and just wasted. New 52 Superman IF he survived ( I have no idea who that guy is from Sideways) should not have an ID. For once I'd like to see a Superman and Clark who is not only talking the talk but walking the walk. Facing every repercussion there is any person of his statue would have to, good and bad. Look at Aquaman, Cap, Black Panther...they carry the modern sensibility and face everything in terms of who they are as men and heroes with real gravitas. There is no oh I have to hide because I need to be happy and live in comfort. I guess at least we got this in KC and DK verse but I'd like to see a younger Superman choose this, and the multiverse is a great opportunity to do it. There is this fallacy he has to have an id and be tied to the DP to be interesting. I'd say given what modern heroes are doing, that is not true. It's one aspect and a version, which is fine but that isn't truly what makes a hero a hero.
    Yes, Diana is truth and sees the absolutely truth. Superman pretending by means of selfish comfort, glossing it as some greater good, doesn’t cut it. Especially when the ID is used in way that makes it seem like Superman is resentful toward who he really is. Diana did challenge this and she was supposedly in the wrong for it???
    This could be definitely explored in a finite narrative like Elseworlds and even in a set of movies. In the main ongoing books, there are more chances of Diana going back to wear glasses than Superman losing his Clark Kent ID.

Lots of things seemed to be looked upon in superficial ways recently.

And might as well post this part of the quote too as reminder...

“Time and Time again, the relationship of Wonder Woman and the Man of Steel is TESTED. And yet despite their trails, the couple find their way back to each other, even from the brink of absolute destruction. It is a testament to the depth of the affection and comfort these allies find in each other’s arms that their relationship cannot be broken...Not until the very end.”
    Love this quote too. 👍 Keep posting them. 😉

Loving all these posts as bittersweet as it is! Every post has emphasized how great they look together even as figures LOL
    And the way those figures look at each other... 🤣

WOW!!! Are these custom? Or Collectibles? I see so many smww figures these days and the likeness is astounding. If Henry Cavill gave Gal that look as in the first pic I think WB are terrified the audience will clamor for it. hehehe.

This could be definitely explored in a finite narrative like Elseworlds and even in a set of movies. In the main ongoing books, there are more chances of Diana going back to wear glasses than Superman losing his Clark Kent ID.

I'd buy that so fast! Canon does not interest me these days so they can do what they want. No doubt they will justify it to suit the current agenda they are pushing. I want a title that can do its own thing and not have this or that SM or WW writer or editor dictate what is happening and when it should happen. After DC messed up Soule so much. I think canon will never truly meet expectations. Imagine giving up Charles Soule ..a writer Marvel snapped up fast and who is doing his own novels etc. DC's logic leaves me very confused.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-06-2018 at 04:33 PM.

WOW!!! Are these custom? Or Collectibles? I see so many smww figures these days and the likeness is astounding.
    Hot Toys Sixth Scale figures.

If Henry Cavill gave Gal that look as in the first pic I think WB are terrified the audience will clamor for it. hehehe.
    lol. That's why they didn't let them share eyes contact in the movies. 😅

Well, that's what the SM/WW figures do when WB and DC aren't watching. 😜
    Toy Story: Superman and Wonder Woman special

This is how one can tell the drastic different approach and understanding of Clark and Diana’s relationship. TOA touched upon it better and even Clark said it. It’s not to be one of them (pretending to be human), it’s to blend in (as of privacy). That is more understandle as even celebrities do as such when they are out in public. Clark and Diana didn’t have to change their personality to a total different person. They were still them. One person. There’s no separation. That’s how it should be, IMO.

Love this quote too. 👍 Keep posting them. 😉
    Finding more “official” quotes... will do! Hehe

And the way those figures look at each other... 🤣
    Toy Story: Superman and Wonder Woman Special part 2
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-06-2018 at 04:42 PM.

Hot Toys Sixth Scale figures.

lol. That's why they didn't let them share eyes contact in the movies. ��
    Ah thank you. They really well done. And the people buying them and posting pics...wonderful. I admit if I had them I prob would make them kiss too. XD