Page 279 of 281 FirstFirst ... 179229269275276277278279280281 LastLast
Results 4,171 to 4,185 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Deiasilva10 View Post
    Put water in our mouths, show how could be but at the same time open a door to the cheap excuse “see... they don’t work well together”...
    That's cruel. 😡

They sort of teased a proposal, it could be done if they already planned to kill Superman.

Ahhh everything with SMWW kissing is popular!!!!
    Hahaha, I guess you're right. 🤭

DC might have teased the idea but in real life, Supermen and Wonder Women are getting married! Superman and Wonder Woman proposals, engagements, weddings always warm the heart!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br2jzgvAt5l/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    DC might have teased the idea but in real life, Supermen and Wonder Women are getting married! Superman and Wonder Woman proposals, engagements, weddings always warm the heart!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br2jzgvAt5l/
    Another couple, fan of superheroes, marking the most important moment of their lives impersonating Superman and Wonder Woman! Thank God fans can see the obvious that DC can not, that SMWW were born to be one of the other!

I'm still perhaps foolishly expecting New 52 Superman returning in the 2019 event. With an army of Supermen to help E-0 Superman fight Mandrakk. Near the end I picture him being pulled back into his world by a figure whom we only see her hand. Her braceleted hand.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    yeah, anyone who says it's down to their strength alone has a lot more to learn about the characters I feel.
    That’s just a lazy reason thrown out to put them as individuals and a pairing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's all right under WB/DC's nose.

It’s been done in various small degrees. Small nicks that while it does prove the impact SMWW has, the abruptness of stopping the progression and the contradictions with the marketing makes everything so messy.

I'd say that the "instant attraction" before knowing each other was there also after COIE too, and their friendship was building after a failed attempt of getting together. So, there was still the "romance" before the friendship/knowing each other.
    🤔Ah ok.
    So then just mix it all because which ever way it does work. An instant attraction, subtle or obvious. Let them get to know each other, build their friendship first, and the deeper feelings are growing as well. There should be an underlying conflict though, of whether or not they should take that step not wanting to lose their friendship if something goes wrong, think about the world’s reaction of knowing Superman and Wonder Woman are a couple. The secret IDs is not a problem at all. It’s used to make some kind of contrived ooc conflict that doesn’t make sense. It’s not that hard to write their dynamic correctly.

I suspect they decide to make her an antique dealer because she is old. 😅

Btw, in the storyboard of the WW movie, Diana wears glasses in present day.
    Slight shade? Lol

Really? Hmm. See that’s why as I said above, wearing glasses and the secret ID isn’t a problem. Making it as a problem is such a contradiction.

In the writers' mind: "But it's so hard..." 😅
    SMWW is either deemed too “easy” or too “hard”. It’s both really. It’s easy when you understand both Clark and Diana. Understanding their dynamic and its purpose. Wonder Woman is the answer to Superman... LOL duh. It’s been there from the very beginning. It’s hard however because they are complexed characters, which is an aspect that’s underestimated and often ignored. Wonder Woman is to be the challenge to Superman is also an aspect ignored because of intimidation. There is a demand to think bigger creatively with them being together as equals and blending their worlds together.

Well said. It's even written on the wall of a gym. Sort of. 😉
    🤗

Hmmmm nham nham nham looks good! And yeah I can imagine SMWW naturally eating street food like all of us, mere mortals, after a day's work!
    Diana loves food, Kal likes to cook. They would definitely travel all around the world to try different foods. 🤔 This is a story that needs to be lol

About the SM/WW run we were briefly talking yesterday... I recall a wedding ring subplot that didn't have any pay-off. What was even the point of it? 🤔
    To hurt and shatter our hearts even more. Lol

Actually, Meredith had a couple of interviews at a Con. Said she and Tomasi talked about their relationship. I’ll try to find it. She didn’t give much detail but it suppose to be a pay off but of course things changed from issue titles, solicits and what actually occurred in the issues.

As it was revealed in SMWW annual 2, Clark wanted to propose for a long while but it felt like it wasn’t the right time to do so every time he wanted. He was thinking to give up but was left open ended that maybe they can work things out eventually and he will have the chance.

In WW 51, it was revealed Diana wanted marriage and kids however, felt that it was impossible for her being Wonder Woman, but Clark gave her that hope and possibility that they can have that together, that’s her deepest desire. But with all the chaos of Truth, she thought that was impossible again.

SMWW 25, was after the annual in which despite everything, and at this point Clark isn’t worthy of her love, Diana still loved him and Eros showed Clark his deepest desire was to be with Diana, work things out and marry her.

SMWW 30 and 31 seemed to have been actually SMWW 26 and 27, from Diana’s perspective after Truth. She was hurt, but didn’t want to give up on her relationship with Clark, which goes directly into SMWW 28. Love rekindled.

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but SMWW 29 was actually called “Burning Love”, which makes me think Elvis song. This was possibly to be more of Clark and Diana’s reconciliation but then changed to “Fire Line” and what we got there in the issue.

Action 52 and Superman 52 of Final Days then gives us a bit of Clark’s perspective that he knew he screwed up, took for granted Diana, realizing how much he loved her and how much she loved him. He still wanted to marry her and even more so now.

With all of that, whatever, the initial plans were before killing new52 Superman was, I don’t think new52 Superman was suppose to be killed. It was possibly to be the start of a new chapter, without the secret ID, working things out and a proposal would’ve been looming along with Diana having baby fever.

What we ended up with was that tragic love story that ended abruptly. They deserved their happiness to a new beginning.

I never thought that Neal Adams' kiss would become another popular SM/WW image. 👍
    Basically all of SMWW romantic images become very popular. But also the hugs too, especially Jack Herbert’s SMWW 12 hug.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-30-2018 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I'm still perhaps foolishly expecting New 52 Superman returning in the 2019 event. With an army of Supermen to help E-0 Superman fight Mandrakk. Near the end I picture him being pulled back into his world by a figure whom we only see her hand. Her braceleted hand.
    Ahhhhh this is a dream for 2019 which I would love to see come true because with the return of new 52 Suoerman and the world of new 52 with him we would have the turn of a Wonder Woman really wonderful!

SM/WW toys feat. Batman (and Catwoman too):

"Clark: We're flying off? What about Bruce?
    Diana: Leave him, he has a butler, we don't!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqcifZoHKA1/

"One of my favorite lines from @dc_collectibles, the #dcdesignerseries #jaelee wave!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrjLUuInfeZ/

"The Trinity discovers Snapchat filters. #superwonder #superman #wonderwoman #batman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkJ4B82AlNc/

Another couple, fan of superheroes, marking the most important moment of their lives impersonating Superman and Wonder Woman! Thank God fans can see the obvious that DC can not, that SMWW were born to be one of the other!
    Exactly! This is a very special moment and for so many couples to have Superman and Wonder Woman themed weddings and some even dressing in costume is amazing!

SM/WW toys feat. Batman (and Catwoman too):

"Clark: We're flying off? What about Bruce?
    Diana: Leave him, he has a butler, we don't!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BqcifZoHKA1/

"One of my favorite lines from @dc_collectibles, the #dcdesignerseries #jaelee wave!"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BrjLUuInfeZ/

"The Trinity discovers Snapchat filters. #superwonder #superman #wonderwoman #batman"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkJ4B82AlNc/
    LOL more DCEU SuperWonder, yes! Ugh! What could’ve been!!!

There should be a team up with SuperWonder, BatCat, And AquaMera

Diana and Kal trolling Bruce 😂
    Last edited by LoveStar; 12-30-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Holy wall of text...

It’s been done in various small degrees. Small nicks that while it does prove the impact SMWW has, the abruptness of stopping the progression and the contradictions with the marketing makes everything so messy.
    Their progression is basically like that:

😅

🤔Ah ok.
    So then just mix it all because which ever way it does work. An instant attraction, subtle or obvious. Let them get to know each other, build their friendship first, and the deeper feelings are growing as well. There should be an underlying conflict though, of whether or not they should take that step not wanting to lose their friendship if something goes wrong, think about the world’s reaction of knowing Superman and Wonder Woman are a couple. The secret IDs is not a problem at all. It’s used to make some kind of contrived ooc conflict that doesn’t make sense. It’s not that hard to write their dynamic correctly.
    I'm sold. 😎

Slight shade? Lol

Really? Hmm. See that’s why as I said above, wearing glasses and the secret ID isn’t a problem. Making it as a problem is such a contradiction.
    Clark has an ID problem too: who's his real identity... Clark of Superman? 😁

When characters had different portraits, it's inevitable create divergent opinions on how they should be.

Btw, here's a page of the storyboard:

SMWW is either deemed too “easy” or too “hard”. It’s both really. It’s easy when you understand both Clark and Diana. Understanding their dynamic and its purpose. Wonder Woman is the answer to Superman... LOL duh. It’s been there from the very beginning. It’s hard however because they are complexed characters, which is an aspect that’s underestimated and often ignored. Wonder Woman is to be the challenge to Superman is also an aspect ignored because of intimidation. There is a demand to think bigger creatively with them being together as equals and blending their worlds together.
    Put the characters in the same place (ie. series/franchise) and the writers will start to analyze their dynamics from every possible angle.

To hurt and shatter our hearts even more. Lol
    😡

Actually, Meredith had a couple of interviews at a Con. Said she and Tomasi talked about their relationship. I’ll try to find it. She didn’t give much detail but it suppose to be a pay off but of course things changed from issue titles, solicits and what actually occurred in the issues.
    Hmm, interesting. 🤔 Never heard of Meredith talking with Tomasi. I guess it was before Convergence/Truth.

As it was revealed in SMWW annual 2, Clark wanted to propose for a long while but it felt like it wasn’t the right time to do so every time he wanted. He was thinking to give up but was left open ended that maybe they can work things out eventually and he will have the chance.

In WW 51, it was revealed Diana wanted marriage and kids however, felt that it was impossible for her being Wonder Woman, but Clark gave her that hope and possibility that they can have that together, that’s her deepest desire. But with all the chaos of Truth, she thought that was impossible again.

SMWW 25, was after the annual in which despite everything, and at this point Clark isn’t worthy of her love, Diana still loved him and Eros showed Clark his deepest desire was to be with Diana, work things out and marry her.

SMWW 30 and 31 seemed to have been actually SMWW 26 and 27, from Diana’s perspective after Truth. She was hurt, but didn’t want to give up on her relationship with Clark, which goes directly into SMWW 28. Love rekindled.

I don’t know if anyone noticed, but SMWW 29 was actually called “Burning Love”, which makes me think Elvis song. This was possibly to be more of Clark and Diana’s reconciliation but then changed to “Fire Line” and what we got there in the issue.

Action 52 and Superman 52 of Final Days then gives us a bit of Clark’s perspective that he knew he screwed up, took for granted Diana, realizing how much he loved her and how much she loved him. He still wanted to marry her and even more so now.

With all of that, whatever, the initial plans were before killing new52 Superman was, I don’t think new52 Superman was suppose to be killed. It was possibly to be the start of a new chapter, without the secret ID, working things out and a proposal would’ve been looming along with Diana having baby fever.

What we ended up with was that tragic love story that ended abruptly. They deserved their happiness to a new beginning.
    Of course before Convergence he wasn't supposed to be killed but the Truth storyline was reworked before the 1st issue came out to lead to his demise. The people working on the Superman related books were aware of it. Tomasi wrote the wedding ring thing knowing where things were going.

Basically all of SMWW romantic images become very popular. But also the hugs too, especially Jack Herbert’s SMWW 12 hug.
    We need new images that will become popular too. 😉

Holy wall of text...
    LOL!!

Their progression is basically like that:
    https://media1.tenor.com/images/76d0...8226/tenor.gif

I laughed a bit. But it’s true unfortunately.

I'm sold. 😎
    Yay!

Clark has an ID problem too: who's his real identity... Clark of Superman?

When characters had different portraits, it's inevitable create divergent opinions on how they should be.
    It’s fine to have different interpretations of the characters. There are just so many ideas that can and should be explored to end up with stagnation in which Superman (and Wonder Woman) have been to some degree.

To me, the ID problem overall is dumb, forced and contrived.

Kal-El, last son of Krypton rocketed to earth, saved, adopted, and raised by Jon and Martha Kent as a human boy (for his protection) named Clark Kent. Grew up to be one the greatest heroes on earth, Superman. All 3 identities make him all of one man. Every part of him is real. What’s not real, is obviously pretending to dumb himself down to fit in. Resenting that he is not human. That’s unnecessary.

Again, he explained it himself, wearing the glasses, still being Clark Kent is just to blend in to have peace and privacy.

Btw, here's a page of the storyboard:

Glasses and hair pulled back. This has been a thing without problem do why try to make it a problem?

Put the characters in the same place (ie. series/franchise) and the writers will start to analyze their dynamics from every possible angle.
    It’s too hard to do that though LOL

Of course before Convergence he wasn't supposed to be killed but the Truth storyline was reworked before the 1st issue came out to lead to his demise. The people working on the Superman related books were aware of it. Tomasi wrote the wedding ring thing knowing where things were going.
    With how DC kept cancelling and uncancelling SMWW 30/31, BMSM 33/34, and Hitch’s JLA 11/12 and annual, there was definitely a lot of contemplating on what to do.

Yeah, he wasn’t suppose to die, he was suppose to be Superman with his ID public, relationship with Diana worked out and public. He would probably travel even more so around the world and have more outer world adventures.

As I said SMWW 30 and 31 meant to be SMWW 26 and 27 lead directly into SMWW 28. I’m still confused on why these unpublished issues were published though, I’m glad they were. But now I wish we could’ve gotten a hint of what the issues were really suppose to be about.

Combined with SMWW 30, 31, 28, BM 32(I believe), AC 52, and SM 52, this actually gives us a total different perspective of the story of Clark not wanting to tell Diana yet that he was dying. Especially given the fact that Clark screwed up, knew he was wrong, and took her for granted. And Diana no matter how broken hearted she was, she still loved and was very much in love with him, not wanting to give up their relationship.

Diana was yet again prepared to make a deal with the Gods to save him. Issue 29 “Burning Love” should’ve been more of their reconciliation, even then Clark just might have proposed and Diana telling him she wanted a child. Or them basically going over their relationship, what they wanted for their future together. 30/31 should’ve been Diana’s perspective again after his death.

Why Clark’s looming proposal and Diana’s baby fever was kept was for it to be a tragic love story (as shown in the above image). There are still huge chunks of the story missing for obvious reasons and those chunks would’ve made the story make more sense and maybe just maybe more acceptable.

But what we got in story and even in the ultimate guide, still surely does contradict a lot of Rebirth handlings. My biggest gripe however, is still the natural conflicts Clark and Diana have, have been twisted into something to make it seem like their relationship doesn’t work and break them apart. When clearly, it’s stated even in the above image, they over come it, work it out and learn from it. It’s telling that they have to bend over backwards with lazy off panel/screen history revisions and using character’s, especially Diana, as mouthpieces but it doesn’t help, it just makes things even more messy.

We need new images that will become popular too.
    Yes, we do!! Hopefully we will!!

Wow, gang, love the posts!!!

The wedding proposal by Tomasi.

It's a pointless thing other than suggesting Superman can't cope with a woman who is his equal, who can look after herself and see the world as her priority. He can't deal with one who who is not self serving, he needs to have a life or option where HE can be self serving, and be "normal" and have the good comfy life. Because a woman like Diana is too busy and won't prob pander to him and his needs. My God, new 52 Superman is NOT like that. I feel is a heresy to even suggest new 52 Superman being in his late twenties and early thirties would just find it easy to forget his job and the world. Being with Diana would never even do that. She'd never stand for him to just give up because it becomes about them being selfish.

And the baffling thing is DC overall decided that Superman can and will drop his "never ending battle" to put his personal needs over all else at a very early stage in his life as a hero. You'd think it be after decades of sacrifice and fighting the hard fight. Nope. It is in Rebirth, it is in the TV, he leaves it all still early. He is happy to leave even human heroes who suffer from age and injury ( like Bats) to slog it out and who don't take breaks because they believe in their cause while he hides and lives in comfort. Worse if he can't have this comfort, he turns evil . Nothing is earned really. DC want to say he is the greatest and I really don't understand how they gauge this because their is very little good evidence for it. I mean how many times you going to kill him? ALL heroes put their lives on the line ALL the time. Honestly sometimes I feel DC don't really know what drives SM.

I love Sacred's suggestion for new 52 Superman. I want my new 52 SM and WW have adventures as they ended up in the their timeline. ie His ID exposed. New 52 Clark dealt with the fallout. He faced the world as he was at a young age. He also opted to still fight for innocents and justice as a hero despite losing his powers something he never did in the past when he lost his powers and Diana loved him as he was. It never mattered to her. Yes she felt protective but so was Clark. This was a good chance for him to see how it feels for someone weaker than him when he is Superman. Be it his parents, friends, human gfs, human colleagues etc. Diana also had her own lessons to learn given her first relationship and then it was Clark who became vulnerable . It was a chance for her to see Clark could keep up too . This was all a chance to have BOTH to grow as characters in THIS timeline. DC just threw this entire history away. What a waste.
    Last edited by hellacre; 12-31-2018 at 08:50 AM.

There should be a team up with SuperWonder, BatCat, And AquaMera
    We need more of this.

New 52 Diana and Mera as we know relate well to each other and in the new 52 Kal and Arthur also got on well. I loved that SMWW had stories involving AquaMera or viceversa. Diana and Mera need to team up more across the board. Even Amber Heard agrees! And I'd like to see more of Kal and Arthur too. I am sure Mamoa would agree. If they keep Cavill better yet given those two seem to get on very well. I'd say there is an easiness and affection between Cavill and Mamoa you don't see with Cavill and Affleck. And everyone loves Gal.

And we know Kal and Bruce gets on in comics but we need to see more of Diana and Selina because that is just gold there waiting to happen. Their personalities would be like BM and SM when they get together. A kind of opposites. There would be no simpering but two strong willed, independent women coming to respect each other with a lot of humor. And that story they tried to copy from SMWW Immortal Beloved in King's Batman where Diana is seen as very occ does not count.

I am imagining a team up of these 3 power couples...lololol. It would be fun for sure. That is a varied enough group to have some good interaction. A street thief, billionaire, a princess, a Queen, a King, a farmboy reporter.

I tip my hat to the writer. Beautifully put. I think DC are a bit bipolar though. All this in a book that supposedly gives DC history yet at a whim it never happened. smh.

Couples Superman/Wonder Woman 2-in-1 Onesies!!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br1kgWjBxrG/

New52 Superman/Wonder Woman at 6 flags!!!

”#Theotherday when I decided to join the #justiceleague but was immediately disqualified due to height requirements 🤷🏻*♀️ oh well I'm still team #superman and #wonderwoman 💪🏼👊🏼✊🏼 📸@smarts_musick
    #designerdiaries #latepost #nerdingout #dccomics”

https://www.instagram.com/p/Br-790UngPj/

It’s fine to have different interpretations of the characters. There are just so many ideas that can and should be explored to end up with stagnation in which Superman (and Wonder Woman) have been to some degree.

To me, the ID problem overall is dumb, forced and contrived.

Kal-El, last son of Krypton rocketed to earth, saved, adopted, and raised by Jon and Martha Kent as a human boy (for his protection) named Clark Kent. Grew up to be one the greatest heroes on earth, Superman. All 3 identities make him all of one man. Every part of him is real. What’s not real, is obviously pretending to dumb himself down to fit in. Resenting that he is not human. That’s unnecessary.

Again, he explained it himself, wearing the glasses, still being Clark Kent is just to blend in to have peace and privacy.
    That's a new (or recent) way to see the character after 2 different eras of him being "just" Superman/Kal or "just" Clark.

Glasses and hair pulled back. This has been a thing without problem do why try to make it a problem?
    They keep going back and forth on the idea. I know only Johns among the ones who seem liking the Diana Prince ID.

With how DC kept cancelling and uncancelling SMWW 30/31, BMSM 33/34, and Hitch’s JLA 11/12 and annual, there was definitely a lot of contemplating on what to do.

Yeah, he wasn’t suppose to die, he was suppose to be Superman with his ID public, relationship with Diana worked out and public. He would probably travel even more so around the world and have more outer world adventures.

As I said SMWW 30 and 31 meant to be SMWW 26 and 27 lead directly into SMWW 28. I’m still confused on why these unpublished issues were published though, I’m glad they were. But now I wish we could’ve gotten a hint of what the issues were really suppose to be about.

Combined with SMWW 30, 31, 28, BM 32(I believe), AC 52, and SM 52, this actually gives us a total different perspective of the story of Clark not wanting to tell Diana yet that he was dying. Especially given the fact that Clark screwed up, knew he was wrong, and took her for granted. And Diana no matter how broken hearted she was, she still loved and was very much in love with him, not wanting to give up their relationship.

Diana was yet again prepared to make a deal with the Gods to save him. Issue 29 “Burning Love” should’ve been more of their reconciliation, even then Clark just might have proposed and Diana telling him she wanted a child. Or them basically going over their relationship, what they wanted for their future together. 30/31 should’ve been Diana’s perspective again after his death.

Why Clark’s looming proposal and Diana’s baby fever was kept was for it to be a tragic love story (as shown in the above image). There are still huge chunks of the story missing for obvious reasons and those chunks would’ve made the story make more sense and maybe just maybe more acceptable.

But what we got in story and even in the ultimate guide, still surely does contradict a lot of Rebirth handlings. My biggest gripe however, is still the natural conflicts Clark and Diana have, have been twisted into something to make it seem like their relationship doesn’t work and break them apart. When clearly, it’s stated even in the above image, they over come it, work it out and learn from it. It’s telling that they have to bend over backwards with lazy off panel/screen history revisions and using character’s, especially Diana, as mouthpieces but it doesn’t help, it just makes things even more messy.
    I don't think we can ever get a real idea about what Truth was supposed to be about if the story was changed before the 1st issue came out. Probably just half of the 1st arc is close to the original storyline. But I think that Meredith wrote WW #51 unaware of what DC was going to do with Superman.