Page 3 of 281 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    I never really understood the real reason why Soule left the series after 12 issues. Was it because of his contract with Marvel or what?

That's a lot of stuff popping up in the past hours.
    That question was asked at a con by another SMWW fan. His answer was that DC changed plans. So that had to mean bringing back pre52 Superman. I think even Aaron Kuder, let that be known as well. I also think DC underestimated the interest and support of SMWW.

It’s bittersweet to see how much love SuperWonder gets outside of comics.
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-07-2018 at 02:23 PM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    SuperWonder cosplayers the proposal.
    Clark Kent proposes to Diana Prince on the Kent farm.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlzK1JkA...d=29tycgp8ck4a
    This adds to my theory that half of the SM/WW fans are engaged or married to the other half.

That question was asked at a con by another SMWW fan. His answer was that DC changed plans. So that had to mean bringing back pre52 Superman. I think even Aaron Kuder, let that be known as well. I also think DC underestimated the interest and support of SMWW.

It doesn't add up with what we know. That decision was made when they were working on Truth, so long after Soule had finished his 12th issue.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 02:27 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    I hope there's more evidence for more people being interested in SMWW. Better evidence anyway.
    Reading the comments of that reddit post... blegh.
    Especially knowing how things actually went down to return to the old status quo.
    I know reddit comments can become a circlejerk of awful, especially on the cinematic reddit but the positive you have to take is that people upvoted it to a popular position on the reddit by the people who keep quiet rather then the loud complainers.

It's probably better read the comments to this old Cavill's post to see "more evidence" of people being interested in SM/WW: https://www.instagram.com/p/BVAt-vhlvDr/

Thank you for this, much better here.

This adds to my theory that half of the SM/WW fans are engaged or married to the other half.

It doesn't add up with what we know. That decision was made when they were working on Truth, so long after Soule had finished his 12th issue.
    Yep! Yep! Your theory is correct actually.

We won’t ever know the real reason other than plans did change and given that, Soule decided to take Marvel offer. Whatever the case was, it’s still a shame and was unnecessary.

Double post
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-07-2018 at 02:43 PM.

Incredible Member

I don't think they made the definite plans on what they were going to do by issue twelve but I imagine they made the decision to start the beginning of the end of their relationship, that in my mind shows with tomasi's writing of the book. So with pressure to crash the book and the money and free reign marvel were offering I imagined he was glad to go. That's my theory anyway.

Yep! Yep! Your theory is correct actually.
    I knew it.

We won’t ever know the real reason other than plans did change and given that, Soule decided to take Marvel offer. Whatever the case was, it’s still a shame and was unnecessary.
    I think the change of plans was probably about adding more "forced drama" because that was what they started doing to other series around the same period (a little before and during the DC-You phase).
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I don't think they made the definite plans on what they were going to do by issue twelve but I imagine they made the decision to start the beginning of the end of their relationship, that in my mind shows with tomasi's writing of the book. So with pressure to crash the book and the money and free reign marvel were offering I imagined he was glad to go. That's my theory anyway.
    I don't think there were yet plan to end the relationship back then. I'm sure it was after Tomasi's 1st arc that they changed their mind on SM/WW.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 03:10 PM.

double post
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 03:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Soule had plans. After issue 12, the next arc was going to be Wonder Woman centric, introducing Donna, more focus on Hessia, Max and Aaron Lord too was brought up.

I think the change of plans was probably about adding more "forced drama" because that was what they started doing to other series around the same period (a little before and during the DC-You phase).

Unnecessary. Soule knew how to create natural drama with Clark and Diana’s natural differences yet they weren’t antagonistic, OOC and borderline unlikable like Tomasi wrote them. Soule found the balance. He knew how to seamlessly join their worlds together. Tomasi admitted to having difficulty with the balancing and just Diana’s character in general. From changing their first meeting, contradicting so much that was already established, totally unnecessary.

Unnecessary. Soule knew how to create natural drama with Clark and Diana’s natural differences yet they weren’t antagonistic, OOC and borderline unlikable like Tomasi wrote them. Soule found the balance. He knew how to seamlessly join their worlds together. Tomasi admitted to having difficulty with the balancing and just Diana’s character in general. From changing their first meeting, contradicting so much that was already established, totally unnecessary.
    I think this approach was editorially mandated. For example, around the same time, editors decided to reintroduce Donna as a "killing machine" and it was asked to the Aquaman writer to turn Mera into a villain (long story). Totally unnecessary as you said.
    I think DC was in that phase of drama for the sake of drama.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 03:41 PM.

I think this approach was editorially mandated. For example, around the same time, editors decided to reintroduce Donna as a "killing machine" and it was asked to the Aquaman writer to turn Mera into a villain (long story). Totally unnecessary as you said.
    I think DC was in that phase of drama for the sake of drama.
    Yeah, I’m sure and it’s obvious Donna was to be introduced in a total different way. Maybe a pupil for not only Diana but Clark too. I remember Brett Booth had a design for Donna that was rejected. I think that would’ve been an interesting story. Even Tomasi’s Wonderstar idea had potential but total waste with turning into Magog. DC hasn’t learned that conflict for the sake of conflict isn’t good. They seem to still be in that phase. The BatCat debacle has been a prime example. Turning Mera into a villain is very idiotic. Would’ve rather had more SMWW/AquaMera team ups.

That's why I don't blame Tomasi really. (well, not for this, I blame him for other things like turning the Superman title into Jonboy for two years). He obviously had no vested interest in the concept, he was clearly just filling a quota, but he didn't set out to sabotage anything either. He was just writing for the edict, and the edict turned out to be a huge mistake.

Still waiting for the day Soule comes back on over to DC and gets another shot with another version of the characters.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 08-07-2018 at 04:14 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Yeah, I’m sure and it’s obvious Donna was to be introduced in a total different way. Maybe a pupil for not only Diana but Clark too. I remember Brett Booth had a design for Donna that was rejected. I think that would’ve been an interesting story. Even Tomasi’s Wonderstar idea had potential but total waste with turning into Magog. DC hasn’t learned that conflict for the sake of conflict isn’t good. They seem to still be in that phase. The BatCat debacle has been a prime example. Turning Mera into a villain is very idiotic. Would’ve rather had more SMWW/AquaMera team ups.
    They end up cyclically in that phase. Remember Identity Crisis/Infinite Crisis?

Btw, I'd love too more SM/WW & Aquaman/Mera team-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's why I don't blame Tomasi really. (well, not for this, I blame him for other things like turning the Superman title into Jonboy for two years). He obviously had no vested interest in the concept, he was clearly just filling a quota, but he didn't set out to sabotage anything either. He was just writing for the edict, and the edict turned out to be a huge mistake.
    Exactly, and amplifying the drama with Truth was an even worse mistake.

Still waiting for the day Soule comes back on over to DC and gets another shot with another version of the characters.
    Soule's return is awaited as the second coming of Christ.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-07-2018 at 04:21 PM.