Page 35 of 281 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585135 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    About the break-up that happened off-screen, the producer James Tucker said that ideally he would make an animated movie where Diana and Clark decide to remain best friends/teammates, but that he couldn't make it because DoS was greenlighted (apparently they don't know what is approved first).
    There is still no valid reason to break them up period. Rehashing a storyline that has already been done really isn’t a valid reason especially when it wasn’t done comic accurately as first advertised. Kal and Diana have a healthy relationship of understanding, no hesitation, no secrets and being 100% honest from the start. That should be a relationship of value and shown, not ignored/cut.

Yeah, they didn't break-up in the new52, but what happened to their relationship was worse. I take the animated version anyday.
    I don't because SM acts passive aggressive to her and I am sure she'll be used to prop sm and his new status quo in the next part. They just use WW anyway. No respect for her having being a very important part of the new 52 in the source material. It's as if she is just dispensable or interchangeable. At least the new 52 versions we know loved each other till the end.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-22-2018 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hellacre View Post

Wow these are incredible!

Heh, I remember an interview of Lynda Carter saying she approves of the SMWW relationship

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    There is still no valid reason to break them up period. Rehashing a storyline that has already been done really isn’t a valid reason especially when it wasn’t done comic accurately as first advertised. Kal and Diana have a healthy relationship of understanding, no hesitation, no secrets and being 100% honest from the start. That should be a relationship of value and shown, not ignored/cut.
    You're talking about the characters. Yeah, they've no valid reasons to break-up.
    But the animated department has to break them up because the relationship was ended in comics.

You're talking about the characters. Yeah, they've no valid reasons to break-up.
    But the animated department has to break them up because the relationship was ended in comics.
    There are DC movies that have been standalone and no ties to any canon. The new 52 could have just ended. And they could have just done SM in the rebirth or trunks. There is NO excuse. if DC can give us in various media various couplings be it tv or animation then there is no valid reason to say they could not leave smww for the new 52 verse.
    Last edited by hellacre; 08-22-2018 at 04:04 PM.

I don't because SM acts passive aggressive to her and I am sure she'll be used to prop sm and his new status quo in the next part. They just use WW anyway. No respect for her having being in the source material. It's as if she is just dispensable or interchangeable.
    Diana being used as a contrived mouthpiece is really disrespectful. Clark written as chicken or passive agressive, both written as borderline antagonistic and OOC is the only way to distant their relationship for the status quo to work. It speaks volumes when they can’t even be best friends now either.

I don't because SM acts passive aggressive to her and I am sure she'll be used to prop sm and his new status quo in the next part. They just use WW anyway. No respect for her having being a very important part of the new 52 in the source material. It's as if she is just dispensable or interchangeable. At least the new 52 versions we know loved each other till the end.
    What I meant is that in the animated version Superman died and will come back, in the comics he died and got replaced. The animated movie is less an insult to my intelligence.
    Look at their break-up like at AC #600 and WW Annual #2 where they decided to become friends instead of keep pursuing a romantic relationship.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-22-2018 at 04:09 PM.

What I meant is that in the animated version Superman died and will come back, in the comics he died and got replaced. The animated movie is less an insult to my intelligence.
    Look at their break-up like at AC #600 and WW Annual #2 where they decided to become friends instead of keep pursuing a relationship.
    Still an insult to the intelligence but...yes just slightly less. Still not accepted though

And wasn’t this bait and switch contrivantly too?

There are DC movies that have been standalone and no ties to any canon. The new 52 could have just ended. And they could have just done SM in the rebirth or trunks. There is NO excuse. if DC can give us in various media various couplings be it tv or animation then there is no valid reason to say they could not leave smww for the new 52 verse.
    Why ending their verse? They just started to build it (Teen Titans, JL Dark, etc...)

Another fan favorite scene that DC animated took again from us. As a smww fan when they say they are adapting stories I have no expectation anymore. Sucks when you value these iconic moments as a comic reader and hoping you'd get to see it come to life and you don't. The kiss was ignored too.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    And wasn’t this bait and switch contrivantly too?
    Not really, I think the reasons provided were apt to the characterization that Diana and Clark got post-COIE.

The same reasons wouldn't have made sense for pre-Crisis versions for example.

People want Gal and Henry interacting. It's not rocket science that you would capitalize on two of your most drooled at actors whose characters have hx in the source material. There is so much fan art and people taking photos of the action figures and stuff they bought because they want to see them. A lost and wasted opportunity imo by WB not to have even built the smww friendship the way Widow/Cap have their bond that is loved by audiences.

This is breathtakingly beautiful.

And seriously a 2 minute scene of “tug of lasso” garnished much interest... it doesn’t take much.

Why ending their verse? They just started to build it (Teen Titans, JL Dark, etc...)
    This is not building. It's selective cheating to destroy one couple by hijacking it. Before these 4 movies there were many other movies based on pre new 52 with trunks and some did not even have links to each other. This building excuse is just an excuse.

Not really, I think the reasons provided were apt to the characterization that Diana and Clark got post-COIE.

The same reasons wouldn't have made sense for pre-Crisis versions for example.
    What reasons were those? Honestly, I think it more so just comes down to the lack of creativity, running away from the challenge. It’s easier obviously to advertise SMWW as a couple with merchandising. But it’s “hard” to write so staying in the safe/comfort zone and rehashing storylines is the easier choice.

This is not building. It's selective cheating to destroy one couple by hijacking it. Before these 4 movies there were many other movies based on pre new 52 with trunks and some did not even have links to each other. This building excuse is just an excuse.
    No, after they did the Flashpoint adaption, they decided that their movies would've be part of same universe (with the exception of one "elseworlds" a year).