Page 4 of 281 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by A Guy's Name View Post
    Might be cool.
    But I wanna see a team-up movie. With both characters playing central roles.
    Hell Yeah! Brilliant idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    That's why I don't blame Tomasi really. (well, not for this, I blame him for other things like turning the Superman title into Jonboy for two years). He obviously had no vested interest in the concept, he was clearly just filling a quota, but he didn't set out to sabotage anything either. He was just writing for the edict, and the edict turned out to be a huge mistake.

Still waiting for the day Soule comes back on over to DC and gets another shot with another version of the characters.
    In what way? I haven't touched a single comic of DC since Rebirth went down. From people raving around the Net, I assumed it was a success or something. Not that that's a reliable indicator.

It’s international cat day LOL: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmL5seEH...d=v9tmiti427dn
    Last edited by LoveStar; 08-08-2018 at 10:28 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

In what way? I haven't touched a single comic of DC since Rebirth went down. From people raving around the Net, I assumed it was a success or something. Not that that's a reliable indicator.
    We were discussing the "edict" around the DC-You era, when Tomasi was writing SM/WW. Not Rebirth.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-08-2018 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    We were discussing the "edict" around the DC-You era, when Tomasi was writing SM/WW. Not Rebirth related.
    Ah. Mistakes were made.
    Which edict was this?
    Last edited by A Guy's Name; 08-08-2018 at 10:35 AM.

Which edict was this?
    Having drama for the sake of drama at the cost of mischaracterizing the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Unnecessary. Soule knew how to create natural drama with Clark and Diana’s natural differences yet they weren’t antagonistic, OOC and borderline unlikable like Tomasi wrote them. Soule found the balance. He knew how to seamlessly join their worlds together. Tomasi admitted to having difficulty with the balancing and just Diana’s character in general. From changing their first meeting, contradicting so much that was already established, totally unnecessary.

I think this approach was editorially mandated. For example, around the same time, editors decided to reintroduce Donna as a "killing machine" and it was asked to the Aquaman writer to turn Mera into a villain (long story). Totally unnecessary as you said.
    I think DC was in that phase of drama for the sake of drama.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-08-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Mainly I'm speaking to moving in a different direction from Soule's take completely, as opposed to any one singular plot/characterization decision. Moving away from what he was doing was a huge mistake because his run was very popular, and the quality and I believe sales of the book declined once he left.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Would’ve rather had more SMWW/AquaMera team ups.
    They could have done a great story against queen clea and possibly had a guest star from lori lemaris as some low key drama but instead they went with crossovers with the main superman titles instead.

Incredible Member

That's why I don't blame Tomasi really. (well, not for this, I blame him for other things like turning the Superman title into Jonboy for two years). He obviously had no vested interest in the concept, he was clearly just filling a quota, but he didn't set out to sabotage anything either. He was just writing for the edict, and the edict turned out to be a huge mistake.
    I still remember when they did the whole convergence thing and hoping the stories wouldn't rely on the unnecessary drama but instead we got Truth instead. .:Shudder:.

Still waiting for the day Soule comes back on over to DC and gets another shot with another version of the characters.
    If he can't do main continuity then I just hope he can do a great elseworld. That would be amazing.

A couple dressed as the future Superman and Wonder Woman (Conner & Cassie) from Titans Tomorrow at SDCC. I dig the designs/costumes.

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.

Incredible Member

I do like connor and cassie together, but I do think it's dc being safe so they don't have to do the real thing in the main continuity.

Soule's return is awaited as the second coming of Christ.
    what is curious is that in Marvel not many people are happy with him, especially for how he kill Cyclops outside the panel. I don't remember it well but I think DC told him to take care of the Deathstroke book? Maybe? and soon after he went to Marvel. Maybe Marvel gave him more money and DC didn't want him to continue working in SMWW possibly DC already had plans to destroy the couple. I'm sure if Soule had continued to create SMWW stories, SMWW would be even bigger today.

A couple dressed as the future Superman and Wonder Woman (Conner & Cassie) from Titans Tomorrow at SDCC. I dig the designs/costumes.

Kon and Cassie, I love them both. I have always considered them DC's forgiveness for SM and WW fans. While SM and WW couldn't be together because DC didn't want it and SM was married to Lois, they told us: eh look maybe we don't give you the real Superwonder but at least we give you the teen version as a consolation.
    also the two show how SM and WW can work perfectly together so if someone says: no, SM and WW can't work together because they are very incompatible, they are very equal, their mythology ...., they are like brothers .... well , look at Kon and Cassie who are practically them but being teenagers and they work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    what is curious is that in Marvel not many people are happy with him, especially for how he kill Cyclops outside the panel. I don't remember it well but I think DC told him to take care of the Deathstroke book? Maybe? and soon after he went to Marvel. Maybe Marvel gave him more money and DC didn't want him to continue working in SMWW possibly DC already had plans to destroy the couple. I'm sure if Soule had continued to create SMWW stories, SMWW would be even bigger today.
    Nah, Tony Daniel was the one that left the SM/WW book to work as artist/writer for the Deathstroke series.

I agree on Soule's contribution to the pair: his run, even if short, has generated a new generation of SM/WW fans. If only it had lasted longer...

Kon and Cassie, I love them both. I have always considered them DC's forgiveness for SM and WW fans. While SM and WW couldn't be together because DC didn't want it and SM was married to Lois, they told us: eh look maybe we don't give you the real Superwonder but at least we give you the teen version as a consolation.
    also the two show how SM and WW can work perfectly together so if someone says: no, SM and WW can't work together because they are very incompatible, they are very equal, their mythology ...., they are like brothers .... well , look at Kon and Cassie who are practically them but being teenagers and they work perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    I do like connor and cassie together, but I do think it's dc being safe so they don't have to do the real thing in the main continuity.
    Oh yeah, I view it in the same way.
    Also, I like to see Conner and Cassie as an "healthy" representation of SM/WW in the Injusticeverse. God bless them.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-09-2018 at 05:42 AM.