Page 55 of 281 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965105155 ... LastLast

Matching family shirts

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    In Curitiba. I believe this is a restaurant
    As I keep saying, Super-Wonder is everywhere (except where it should be :-P).

The light in this image is hurting my eyes, lol.

Who's the artist?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    That's some good artwork, slightly reminds me of rocafort.

In Curitiba. I believe this is a restaurant
    Glad they can show up around the world together.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    That's why I keep bringing up media synergy as a broad reason, or even that WB itself may have directly asked to end it.
    Popularity and sales weren't a problem. Yeah, sales got down during Truth, but they had already decided to kill Superman and his relationship with Diana before the saga started.
    Yeah sales were doing well until news came out about the new 52 supermans death, but yeah if not for that and a talented artist and new author could have picked readers back up again but instead they listened to jurgens and went with the movie synergy which has totally paid off.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    Yeah sales were doing well until news came out about the new 52 supermans death, but yeah if not for that and a talented artist and new author could have picked readers back up again but instead they listened to jurgens and went with the movie synergy which has totally paid off.
    I think the sales got down because of the Truth crossover, the news of Superman's death came out the last 2 months of the series.

Incredible Member

I think the sales got down because of the Truth crossover, the news of Superman's death came out the last 2 months of the series.
    True though the writing was on the wall as nothing felt right for the new 52 after convergence that just sucked all the energy out of it.

As I keep saying, Super-Wonder is everywhere (except where it should be :-P).

The light in this image is hurting my eyes, lol.

Who's the artist?
    Another fan spoke with the poster of the restaurant pic. It’s a popular spot, mostly young couples go there.

Natural light and a filter sometimes doesn’t mix

Not sure the artist. It’s in an art gallery. Here is the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnBdBCSB...d=vm2mzkiilid1

Another fan spoke with the poster of the restaurant pic. It’s a popular spot, mostly young couples go there.

Natural light and a filter sometimes doesn’t mix

Not sure the artist. It’s in an art gallery. Here is the link: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnBdBCSB...d=vm2mzkiilid1
    Cool, thanks for the infos.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    True though the writing was on the wall as nothing felt right for the new 52 after convergence that just sucked all the energy out of it.
    Yeah, Convergence was the beginning of the end.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2018 at 02:53 PM.

Wonder Woman and Superman True Love

More and closer pics here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm3KU6TD...d=qo4ea9ytjklo

I said we would have discussed what went wrong with SM/WW, let's start from the beginning...

According to Jim Lee, pairing Superman and Wonder Woman was the obvious choice after Superman was single again.
    As mentioned by DiDio, the SM/WW relationship had to receive Diane Nelson's approval before DC could proceed with it (for those who didn't know, Nelson acted as a bridge between DC and WB).
    DC's veteran Jurgens also hypothesized the involvement of WB in the development of the romance...

Is that a Warners thing or a writers' thing, do you think? Geoff is not averse to formalizing his old fan desires (see the Superboy-Lex thing he did in Teen Titans), and a great many fans want to see those two together.

Jurgens: The answer could be "all of the above". Ideas and plans often emerge from multiple discussions involving multiple people. That's certainly possible here.

https://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/2...n-superman-12/

So WB and DC started promoting/pushing SM/WW, and I'd say that it was highly promoted for a romance, until 2015. After Convergence, the process of dismantling it has begun...
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2018 at 02:57 PM.

I still think that Superman and WW work better in short stories out of the main continuity. I like them a lot but you simply can't push Lois Lane to the side forever. It's not right. Supes and WW are too different franchises that need their own supporting characters. Lois is too big to just ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I still think that Superman and WW work better in short stories out of the main continuity. I like them a lot but you simply can't push Lois Lane to the side forever. It's not right. Supes and WW are too different franchises that need their own supporting characters. Lois is too big to just ignore.
    I think you just opened a can of worm. We're aware that Superman and Wonder Woman are different franchises, we discuss it all the time, still it doesn't justify their history being wiped-out.

Incredible Member

I said we would have discussed what went wrong with SM/WW, let's start from the beginning...

According to Jim Lee, pairing Superman and Wonder Woman was the obvious choice after Superman was single again.
    As mentioned by DiDio, the SM/WW relationship had to receive Diane Nelson's approval before DC could proceed with it (for those who didn't know, Nelson acted as a bridge between DC and WB).
    DC's veteran Jurgens also hypothesized the involvement of WB in the development of the romance...

Is that a Warners thing or a writers' thing, do you think? Geoff is not averse to formalizing his old fan desires (see the Superboy-Lex thing he did in Teen Titans), and a great many fans want to see those two together.

Jurgens: The answer could be "all of the above". Ideas and plans often emerge from multiple discussions involving multiple people. That's certainly possible here.

https://comicbook.com/blog/2012/08/2...n-superman-12/

So WB and DC started promoting/pushing SM/WW, and I'd say that it was highly promoted for a romance, until 2015. After Convergence, the process of dismantling it has begun...
    Ah yes, back when jurgens tried to stop it happening by shoving Lucy into the book, and around the time he blamed the new 52 for his bad writing instead of taking the hit. But yeah I'm kind surprised both WB and DC went all in given the cinema side has different views but at least for a time the animation was on board.

I think you just opened a can of worm. We're aware that Superman and Wonder Woman are different franchises, we discuss it all the time, still it doesn't justify their history being wiped-out.
    I enjoy the Supes/WW relationship quite a bit, so I think I'm fair to both ships. And I do understand how you guys feel. It seems really unfair. I mean, we are not kids, we can handle a more mature and complex story, etc. I just sometimes notice that some SM/WW fans wish their relationship was front and center all the time, and that's when I can't agree.

I still wish DC gave us SM/WW fans something once in a while!