Page 56 of 281 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066106156 ... LastLast

Preacher and the Preacher’s wife

We have wedding season now it’s SuperWonder baby maternity photo shoots! The body paint is so awesome!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer01 View Post
    I still think that Superman and WW work better in short stories out of the main continuity. I like them a lot but you simply can't push Lois Lane to the side forever. It's not right. Supes and WW are too different franchises that need their own supporting characters. Lois is too big to just ignore.
    They could have put them into a new continuity rather then killing superman and then erasing it all completely. At least then it would of felt less of a middle finger.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    But yeah I'm kind surprised both WB and DC went all in given the cinema side has different views but at least for a time the animation was on board.
    The cinema side wasn't yet a factor in 2010 when the SM/WW got approved.

I enjoy the Supes/WW relationship quite a bit, so I think I'm fair to both ships. And I do understand how you guys feel. It seems really unfair. I mean, we are not kids, we can handle a more mature and complex story, etc. I just sometimes notice that some SM/WW fans wish their relationship was front and center all the time, and that's when I can't agree.

I still wish DC gave us SM/WW fans something once in a while!
    They could start by giving us their friendship back.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2018 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    We have wedding season now it’s SuperWonder baby maternity photo shoots! The body paint is so awesome!

That's simply beautiful.

They could have put them into a new continuity rather then killing superman and then erasing it all completely. At least then it would of felt less of a middle finger.
    I wonder why they did it that way.. maybe some people thought it was a mistake and an experiment that went too far?

I see a lot of fan fights and anger over it. It caused a fan division, tho not sure how big. Lana over in Smallville also caused some problems..

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    The cinema side wasn't yet a factor in 2010 when the SM/WW got approved.

They could start by giving us their friendship back.
    I totally agree. Superman and WW have always been good friends in all media.

I wonder why they did it that way.. maybe some people thought it was a mistake and an experiment that went too far?

I see a lot of fan fights and anger over it. It caused a fan division, tho not sure how big. Lana over in Smallville also caused some problems..
    Not a mistake or too far when DC still promoted(s) it outside of comics with merchandising as a couple. It’s more like have your cake and eat it too type thing

That's simply beautiful.
    This too has become a trend coming around about this time. So hoping and and looking forward to more

I wanted to touch later why they did it that way, but now that you mentioned it...

A writer suggested bringing a Superman's son born in a out-of-continuity book in the main universe because "narrative potential", the chief editor loved the idea of having a Damian equivalent in the Superman franchise and pairing the SM/BM's kids and they created an amateurish continuity mess to make it happen.
    The main Superman of the time (the single one that was dating Diana) had to be replaced by the Superman from an alternate timeline with a son, and when they retroactively made "Superdad" the official Superman, there was no space in his history for a romance with WW because he had been a married father for most of his adult life.

Is it clear, now?

If it wasn't for the kid from an alternate timeline, NuSuperman would still be alive, and his romance with Wonder Woman would still happen even if they would break up. You know, like they did in the recent DoS animated movie.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2018 at 04:07 PM.

Exactly. Separate continuities or they even could've brought out different titles set in different timelines (so it would essentially be the same characters just with one title set in the past and another set in the present) That would have been more fair to both the fans and the company ie each fanbase would get to buy their preferred comic and the company would be making money from both at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    This too has become a trend coming around about this time. So hoping and and looking forward to more
    Yup, it's not the first time that I see this kind of bodypainting. People are really creative.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    Exactly. Separate continuities or they even could've brought out different titles set in different timelines (so it would essentially be the same characters just with one title set in the past and another set in the present) That would have been more fair to both the fans and the company ie each fanbase would get to buy their preferred comic and the company would be making money from both at the same time
    If I were an editor, the SM/WW romance would've happened in the early years of superhero career of the characters, and a book set like 15 years ago would tell their story. Flashbacks in the main books are also more than welcomed.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-28-2018 at 03:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    A book can obviously be maintained and there is a market for it.

I wanted to touch later why they did it that way, but now that you mentioned it...

A writer suggested bringing a Superman's son born in a out-of-continuity book in the main universe because "narrative potential", the chief editor loved the idea of having a Damian equivalent in the Superman franchise and pairing the SM/BM's kids and they created an amateurish continuity mess to make it happen.
    The main Superman of the time (the single one that was dating Diana) had to be replaced by the Superman from an alternate timeline with a son, and when they retroactively made "Superdad" the official Superman, there was no space in his history for a romance with WW because he had been a married father for most of his adult life.

Is it clear, now?

If it wasn't for the kid from an alternate timeline, NuSuperman would still be alive, and his romance with Wonder Woman would still happen even if they would break up. You know, like they did in the recent DoS animated movie.
    I get that, but why erase it completely? My guess is many Lois Lane fans were angry and voiced their opinions loudly? I don't know, I wasn't paying attention.

I liked how the new DoS movie handled it. More mature. I don't feel offended that Superman and Diana dated before Lois. It happens in life all the damn time.