Page 73 of 281 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 4211
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Hope this isn’t too sappy for you, Last Son
    https://instagram.com/p/BnNbcJ-HvEz/

“Best friend, Partner, councilor, confidant, complicated and boyfriend all in one wonderful person.”
    Lol. No, I don't find it sappy at all.

It’s their “romantic tension” or whatever period bring bad...so of course they’ll keep it to send that false message. But of course that hasn’t stop anything though. The positive outweighs the false forced negative.
    Lol, they'll keep it out of spite just because...
    Btw, I don't think there's an agenda in Injustice outside of find a way to have the heroes fight each other.

Because it partly goes hand in hand. You want positive messages for children, for young couples that are influenced by/ look up to these fictional characters. Show a true dynamic and relationship of equals, honesty and trust. Both characters being positive influences individually and together, a stronger/bigger influence, motivation and inspiration. That’s what these characters’ purposes were on the first place however that seems to have lost its way a bit.
    I don't feel that writers/editors value the same things as fans.
    For example, one of Aquaman's previous writers said that his job is to make the lives of the characters miserable or something. Which fan would like something like that for his/her favorite characters?

Superman is so excited to meet Wonder Woman, he decided to be a show off and flex

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I don't feel that writers/editors value the same things as fans.
    For example, one of Aquaman's previous writers said that his job is to make the lives of the characters miserable or something. Which fan would like something like that for his/her favorite characters?
    that’s not how to make an interesting story. Drama for the sake of drama is just as bad and boring

He's a little too much full of himself to notice that she doesn't seem impressed, lol.

that’s not how to make an interesting story. Drama for the sake of drama is just as bad and boring
    But drama and shaking up things are still necessary to keep the stories interesting, especially in an ongoing narrative like comic books.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 10:26 AM.

He looks a little too much full of himself and doesn't notice that she doesn't seem impressed, lol.

But drama and shaking ups things is necessary to keep the story interesting, especially in an ongoing narrative like comic books.
    LOL right!

True but they don’t have to be extreme and again forcing drama making the characters borderline unlikable

But drama and shaking up things are still necessary to keep the stories interesting, especially in an ongoing narrative like comic books.
    but the drama for the sake of the drama is not interesting, rather it makes the stories tedious. example: my Marvel OTP Jean Gray and Cyclops. They were married, everything was fine they had no problem except some small disputes but it is normal, the characters had evolved, overcome their fears and achieved an uncommon stability in the world of comics. but then Morrison's new X-men arrived and decided to destroy everything completely, how? well, if the characters were true to themselves that was impossible, so they decided to act as adolescents, without security, with fear, being the opposite of what they had been during the last years. they destroyed the marriage and ended up killing Jean. this was not necessary, they could have continued as Reed and Sue. having children to lead the X-men and face the challenges that would come, this would contribute the necessary drama so that the stories would continue to be interesting.
    the same happened with SM and WW in the new 52, ​​and the same happens with other couples and with other characters who simply don't want them to evolve and use the cheap drama to damage them.

Quote Originally Posted by JeisonWolf View Post
    but the drama for the sake of the drama is not interesting, rather it makes the stories tedious. example: my Marvel OTP Jean Gray and Cyclops. They were married, everything was fine they had no problem except some small disputes but it is normal, the characters had evolved, overcome their fears and achieved an uncommon stability in the world of comics. but then Morrison's new X-men arrived and decided to destroy everything completely, how? well, if the characters were true to themselves that was impossible, so they decided to act as adolescents, without security, with fear, being the opposite of what they had been during the last years. they destroyed the marriage and ended up killing Jean. this was not necessary, they could have continued as Reed and Sue. having children to lead the X-men and face the challenges that would come, this would contribute the necessary drama so that the stories would continue to be interesting.
    the same happened with SM and WW in the new 52, ​​and the same happens with other couples and with other characters who simply don't want them to evolve and use the cheap drama to damage them.
    I hear that Morrison was in a bad place in his life when he wrote New X-Men and it was reflected in the stories, but I digress.

I agree that the drama for the sake of drama is unnecessary but, more often than not, it seems that fans don't want anything to happen to their favorite characters, while writers must always come up with new situations to keep the stories going.

Here, we talk about what Superman and Wonder Woman represent as individuals and as best friends/couple/etc, and how it's all inspiring for real life people/couple... but you can't create stories with idealized concepts.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 10:27 AM.

Sunday breakfast ����☕with my wife @ladyluckbeauty as we watch @thecrownnetflix on @netflix to start off our Engagement Anniversary. ��������❤ I still remember this day. Cheers to many many more memories.
    The Crown is a GREAT show! no profanity or nudity needed. The story is what drives it. Recommended

Special thanks to @nandowwe for the BEAUTIFUL Superman & Wonder Woman Salt & Pepper shakers wedding gift.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BnOrL-DA...d=lk9zrut3xptd

Beautiful Morning for reading a good comic book.”

Couple posted last year’s Halloween pic, preparing for this years halloween.

“My sun and stars”, “Moon of my life”

Sunday breakfast ����☕with my wife @ladyluckbeauty as we watch @thecrownnetflix on @netflix to start off our Engagement Anniversary. ��������❤ I still remember this day. Cheers to many many more memories.
    The Crown is a GREAT show! no profanity or nudity needed. The story is what drives it. Recommended

Special thanks to @nandowwe for the BEAUTIFUL Superman & Wonder Woman Salt & Pepper shakers wedding gift.
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BnOrL-DA...d=lk9zrut3xptd
    I thought I had already seen this pic but it's new. The guy just likes to post his breakfasts with his wife. ;-)

Wow, the Superman and Wonder Woman costume are an almost perfect replica of the movie versions (still hate the horrid Wonder Boots ). And the guy looks the part too.

Mind if I ask you to add sources to your images.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 10:33 AM.

I thought I had already seen this pic but it's new.

Wow, the Superman and Wonder Woman costume are an almost perfect replica of the movie versions (still hate the horrid Wonder Boots ). And the guy looks the part too.

Mind if I ask you to add sources to your images.
    I believe the couple does this every Sunday, which is so sweet!

Link to the cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnOt9jCg...=1iloguvw7yddy

And will do!

I believe the couple does this every Sunday, which is so sweet!
    I've posted the previous breakfast pic, that's why it looked immediately familiar to me.

He looks like Jim Lee Superman (aka serious Superman ).

And will do!

I agree that the drama for the sake of drama is unnecessary but, more often than not, it seems that fans don't want anything to happen to their favorite characters, while writers must always come up with new situations to keep the stories going.

Here, we talk about what Superman and Wonder Woman represent as individuals and as best friends/couple/etc, and how it's all inspiring for real life people/couple... but you can't create stories with idealized concepts.
    It’s too much like right. No story will ever be perfect. There is always maybe something that could’ve been done better, more could’ve been done or could’ve not been done. But none of the bases should be purposely forcing drama just for the sake of it. When writing relationships, the questions that need to be answered is why are these characters together, what makes their dynamic, why should we as readers care. Forcing unnecessary drama/conflict doesn’t guarantee making a story interesting, it can backfire and make the characters unlikable and readers don’t like them nor care period.

Soule understands diversity and cultural differences within relationships and understands the conflicts. What he started to show through writing New52 Superman/Wonder Woman is the natural conflict and commonness they would have between them. Also showed the give and take of the relationship, finding the balance. Kal and Diana learned, came to an understanding and grew together accepting the challenges and complications of their relationship.

Wonder Woman is to be a challenge to Superman, not necessarily as a love interest, but it’s that natural connection they have together which gives them that inconvenient love/bond. Inconvenient love/bond is the kind of love that a couple has to truly put in work for, unconditionally. They’ll make sacrifices, struggle, go through hell and back, nothing is given easy. It’s not traditional, the norm or predictable.