Page 74 of 281 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884124174 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 4211

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    It’s too much like right. No story will ever be perfect. There is always maybe something that could’ve been done better, more could’ve been done or could’ve not been done. But none of the bases should be purposely forcing drama just for the sake of it. When writing relationships, the questions that need to be answered is why are these characters together, what makes their dynamic, why should we as readers care. Forcing unnecessary drama/conflict doesn’t guarantee making a story interesting, it can backfire and make the characters unlikable and readers don’t like them nor care period.

Soule understands diversity and cultural differences within relationships and understands the conflicts. What he started to show through writing New52 Superman/Wonder Woman is the natural conflict and commonness they would have between them. Also showed the give and take of the relationship, finding the balance. Kal and Diana learned, came to an understanding and grew together accepting the challenges and complications of their relationship.

Wonder Woman is to be a challenge to Superman, not necessarily as a love interest, but it’s that natural connection they have together which gives them that inconvenient love/bond. Inconvenient love/bond is the kind of love that a couple has to truly put in work for, unconditionally. They’ll make sacrifices, struggle, go through hell and back, nothing is given easy. It’s not traditional, the norm or predictable.
    All. Of. This. Especially the bolded portion. Well stated.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Oh my... you want to kill me today with this flood of words.

It’s too much like right. No story will ever be perfect. There is always maybe something that could’ve been done better, more could’ve been done or could’ve not been done. But none of the bases should be purposely forcing drama just for the sake of it. When writing relationships, the questions that need to be answered is why are these characters together, what makes their dynamic, why should we as readers care. Forcing unnecessary drama/conflict doesn’t guarantee making a story interesting, it can backfire and make the characters unlikable and readers don’t like them nor care period.
    There's no deny of this especially the bolded.

Soule understands diversity and cultural differences within relationships and understands the conflicts. What he started to show through writing New52 Superman/Wonder Woman is the natural conflict and commonness they would have between them. Also showed the give and take of the relationship, finding the balance. Kal and Diana learned, came to an understanding and grew together accepting the challenges and complications of their relationship.
    Yeah, Soule was one of the few who got right how to write their differences/conflicts, unlike Tomasi and Johns before him. Which is weird, since the idea of the kind of conflicts they should have originated from Johns himself.

Wonder Woman is to be a challenge to Superman, not necessarily as a love interest, but it’s that natural connection they have together which gives them that inconvenient love/bond. Inconvenient love/bond is the kind of love that a couple has to truly put in work for, unconditionally. They’ll make sacrifices, struggle, go through hell and back, nothing is given easy. It’s not traditional, the norm or predictable.
    Here's to the day when people at WB/DC will get that and bring back this dynamic.

More gifs from The Death of Superman...

(Can't find gifs of them talking about their relationship, it seems that no one turned the scene in gif form yet.)

http://dcmultiverse.tumblr.com/post/...th-of-superman

Weird that someone hasn't yet had the idea to edit the scene replacing the towel with Diana's panties, hehe.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post

I've to admit that there's something fascinating about this "romance" as for Harley/Joker's.

Who am I kidding? Just end this series already.
    They went out of there way to redeem other characters in Injustice 2 maybe Supes and Wondy (or at least Wondy) get their turn in Injustice 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    They went out of there way to redeem other characters in Injustice 2 maybe Supes and Wondy (or at least Wondy) get their turn in Injustice 3.
    They seem irredeemable. As I keep saying, only a heroic sacrifice could really redeem them, but this would mean the end for the game.

Oh my... you want to kill me today with this flood of words.

Yeah, Soule was one of the few who got right how to write their differences/conflicts, unlike Tomasi and Johns before him. Which is weird, since the idea of the kind of conflicts they should have originated from Johns himself.

Here's to the day when people at WB/DC will get that and bring back this dynamic.
    Hehe my bad

The starting intention(s) of SMWW changed obviously. Again it was to have a negative outcome than the positive it turned into. It exceeded expectations.

Hoping sooner rather than too much of later... not holding my breath but hoping.

More gifs from The Death of Superman...

(Can't find gifs of them talking about their relationship, it seems that no one turned the scene in gif form yet.)

http://dcmultiverse.tumblr.com/post/...th-of-superman

Weird that someone hasn't yet had the idea to edit the scene replacing the towel with Diana's panties, hehe.
    Should’ve slapped him with the towel instead.

I laughed more than I should’ve and Wonder thong instantly came to mind

The starting intention(s) of SMWW changed obviously. Again it was to have a negative outcome than the positive it turned into. It exceeded expectations.
    Why fans think this? DC wanted SM/WW to be successful. For the kind of promotion that the romance had I think it met DC's expectations perfectly.

Hoping sooner rather than too much of later... not holding my breath but hoping.
    Never give up hope. I think we'll found next year what the future hold for SM/WW.

Why fans think this? DC wanted SM/WW to be successful. For the kind of promotion that the romance had I think it met DC's expectations perfectly.

Never give up hope. I think we'll found next year what the future hold for SM/WW.
    Because solicits always hinted at something bad. Then Johns immediately said it would end badly. It felt like they were already setting up for a failure and/or premature end....we got premature end.

Should’ve slapped him with the towel instead.
    Haha, you totally hate him. Yesterday you said he deserves to die and now this.

I laughed more than I should’ve and Wonder thong instantly came to mind
    How to forget the Wonder Thong. After bringing back Superman and Batman's trunks, chances are that DC will go full nostalgic with Diana too by bringing back the Wonder Thong.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Because solicits always hinted at something bad.
    That's what solicits always do.

Then Johns immediately said it would end badly. It felt like they were already setting up for a failure and/or premature end....we got premature end.

It feels like people never read the full interviews...

Jonhs: It’ll definitely test that relationship. Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is actually front and center in the story…. Relationships have ups and downs, and this is one of those downs. But there’s big plans for Superman and Wonder Woman, and the fallout of “Trinity War” leads to the next step in their relationship.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comic...green-lantern/

Haha, you totally hate him. Yesterday you said he deserves to die and now this.

How to forget the Wonder Thong. After bringing back Superman and Batman's trunks, chances are that DC will go full nostalgic with Diana too by bringing back the Wonder Thong.
    I don’t accept bs ooc prick behavior.

I think the internet will just shut down if that happens.

It feels like people never read the full interviews...

Jonhs: It’ll definitely test that relationship. Superman and Wonder Woman’s relationship is actually front and center in the story…. Relationships have ups and downs, and this is one of those downs. But there’s big plans for Superman and Wonder Woman, and the fallout of “Trinity War” leads to the next step in their relationship.

http://herocomplex.latimes.com/comic...green-lantern/
    We still ended up with premature “end”....

I know that it was mentioned before here but in reference to the SMWW dynamic from NCIS: Los Angeles episode, I believe it was only mentioning the underwear scene but not the episode’s entire meaning and how it captures SMWW more than just matching underwear.

The episode is called “Three Hearts”.

In the episode the main suspect explains that everybody’s got three hearts. The first heart, that’s the one you show to strangers. The second heart, your family and friends gets to see. The third heart is the thing. Rarely anyone sees it. There’s too much truth inside. Too much risk. It’s that deep soul diving absolute truth.

Deeks/Kensi, the couple that reference the underwear have this “thing”. Their relationship seems to be much like Diana and Kal’s. Instant attraction upon first meeting. Partners with obvious feelings for each other but try (and fail) to deny. It’s an ongoing friendly flirtation and slow burn build contemplating whether or not to give into their feelings because if they do and something goes wrong, they don’t want to lose each other as friends and partners. They are protective of each other, won’t hesitate to take risks for each other and also get extremely jealous if other people are trying to flirt. They admit to having this “third heart” thing between them and understand it for themselves.

I love the idea that, this is the kind of relationship SMWW have. They opened their 3rd heart to each other.

I think the internet will just shut down if that happens.
    Or her series will sell more copies like happened in the 90s when Deodato Jr. started drawing her book.

We still ended up with premature “end”....
    But it wasn't the plan originally as they didn't planned to "rebirthing" their universe when they started the New52.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 09-02-2018 at 03:54 PM.