Page 8 of 281 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Default Diana and Clark's First Meeting(s)

"The first impression is the one that matters."

I'm not sure if there is a proper "first meeting" between them during the pre-Crisis era (feel free to enlighten me about it), so I start with Byrneman and Perez's Wonder Woman from the 80s. As I already summarized here, sparks flew when Superman and Wonder Woman met for the first time fighting Darkseid's Hounds of War and couldn't stop thinking about each other.

2000s take on their first meeting...

Post-Flashpoint Superman and Wonder Woman meet fighting Darkseid's Parademons (hmm, deja vu)...

Before meeting his Diana, post-Flashpoint Superman was also impressed by Earth-2 Wonder Woman...

I'll post other "first meetings" another day.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    This was a long while ago and yeah I haven't been watching it lately, but it's nice that these things pop up in pop culture. Like In NCIS LA (can't find the clip) two characters with romantic tension mention their favorite gym gear and you can guess which fictional characters are on these gym shorts.
    http://nightskywonderer.tumblr.com/p...kensi-ah-deeks

SuperWonder Reference
    Kensi: Ah, Deeks.

Deeks: Hey, yeah. Uh, tonight. Let’s...you want to talk? Yeah.

Kensi: Yeah. Let’s start with my gym bag. Where is it?
    Deeks: Evidence locker. Your gym bag was part of the operation, so it had to go to the evidence locker.

Kensi: My sports bras are not supposed to be part of any operation. This is a gross invasion of my privacy.

Deeks: Well, the good news is this team totally respects your privacy. So you’re fine. Also this team thinks it’s totally awesome yet a little bit predictable that you wear a Wonder Woman sports bra.

Kensi: Okay, I wouldn’t exactly call them Wonder Woman-

Deeks: No, I saw it. That’s what it was.

Kensi: You weren’t supposed to be-

Deeks: They’re perfect ‘cause they match my Superman underwear.

Kensi: I didn’t need to know that.

Deeks: I didn’t need to tell you that.

Kensi: (Laugh) Okay.

NCIS: Los Angeles -Season 5, Episode 21 “Three Hearts.”
    Description: An undercover NCIS agent is taken into custody when he is suspected of working for the smuggler he is supposed to be investigating. Meanwhile, Kensi and Deeks discuss their relationship when Kensi returns to the field.

What’s the three hearts? 
“He said that everybody’s got three hearts. The first heart, that’s the one you show to strangers. The second heart? Only your family gets to see that. Your family and the person put on this Earth to walk by your side. Your soul mate. But that third heart is the thing. Never let anyone see it. There’s too much truth inside. Too much risk.”

Superman and Wonder Woman is all about truth. There is no such thing as too much truth with them and they have definitely seen each other’s third heart. There wouldn’t be any hesitation to take and fight together through the risks!
    I don’t watch this show but watching various videos that capture the pairing through out the show and reading up on the dynamic of these two, Kensi Blye and Marty Deeks, their relationship seems to be much like Diana and Kal’s. Instant attraction upon first meeting. Partners with obvious feelings for each other but try (and fail) to deny. It’s an ongoing friendly flirtation and slow burn build contemplating whether or not to give into their feelings because if they do and something goes wrong, they don’t want to lose each other as friends and partners. They are protective of each other, won’t hesitate to take risks for each other and also get extremely jealous if other people are trying to flirt. Yep…that definitely sounds familiar.

Quote Originally Posted by ssupes View Post
    True, WB wanted more cowbell and synder wanted to give that to them, just a shame he dragged superman and wonder woman into that grey world rather then the brightest day where they belong. And you know what the funny thing is, I don't consider TDK to be that dark, not as far as man of steel and definitely not BVS.
    Superman was still Bright it was the World that was Dark kinda like... ours (Feels like I'm living in the Bad ending to a Movie or Video Game at times. The Bad Guys Won and I gotta live with it. Could be worse though, just started Handmaid's Tale. (WTF!!!)) Remember a Perfect World doesn't NEED a Superman.

Thank for sharing. I saw often cosplay of Bombshell Superman and Wonder Woman. There was even a beautiful variant cover of these versions in SM/WW...

Quote Originally Posted by friendly-fire-press View Post
    You probably missed it, but this one was already posted in the early pages.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokimaru View Post
    Superman was still Bright it was the World that was Dark kinda like... ours (Feels like I'm living in the Bad ending to a Movie or Video Game at times. The Bad Guys Won and I gotta live with it. Could be worse though, just started Handmaid's Tale. (WTF!!!)) Remember a Perfect World doesn't NEED a Superman.
    Yeah, he was bright... compared to Snyder's Wonder Woman.
    She gave up being a hero for a century, has an armor covered with encrusted blood (ugh), and during the promotion of BvS, Diana was described as being a dark and mistrusting character like Batman. They completely missed the point of Wonder Woman.

Thank God, Patty Jenkins is aware that Diana is meant to be a "bright" character like Superman.

Patty Jenkins: "There’s been a fear that you needed to go harder in some direction to make Wonder Woman interesting, and I was always confused by it. She's pretty simple. She is like the parallel of Superman. She's good, she means well, she's kind, she's loving."
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2018 at 11:38 PM.

SM/WW insta just posted a video of A-Ko having dinner with her parents Diana and Clark: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmXKbdxn-wq/

Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-11-2018 at 10:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    SM/WW insta just posted a video of A-Ko having dinner with her parents Diana and Clark: https://www.instagram.com/p/BmXKbdxn-wq/

LOL at Clark crying over the lobster!!!

Love the “business trip” to America nod and the glasses. Watching clips it seems one of the hints of the the SMWW connection is close up on the eyes and glasses with mysterious looks.

Here is another post with action snippets: the stand outs are catching the steel beam making it bend and battling with the sword (even though I don’t think WW had a sword at this time): https://instagram.com/p/BmR87AyHtMH/

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    LOL at Clark crying over the lobster!!!

Love the “business trip” to America nod and the glasses. Watching clips it seems one of the hints of the the SMWW connection is close up on the eyes and glasses with mysterious looks.
    It's more obvious in the graphic novelization of A-Ko Project. Her parents are named Diana and Clark there.

Here is another post with action snippets: the stand outs are catching the steel beam making it bend and battling with the sword (even though I don’t think WW had a sword at this time): https://instagram.com/p/BmR87AyHtMH/
    Yeah, at the time, WW didn't use a sword as a weapon, just the lasso.
    Last edited by Last Son of Krypton; 08-12-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    It's more obvious in the graphic novelization of A-Ko Project. Her parents are named Diana and Clark there.

Need the novel! Seriously this has so much potential to be revived

Quote Originally Posted by LoveStar View Post
    Need the novel! Seriously this has so much potential to be revived
    I tried to find it but with zero results.