Page 62 of 109 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    BTW, some VERY good observations can be found here: https://mistress-lorna-dane.tumblr.com/. Came across it, and figured I'd share.
    *checks description* Ah yes, one of several guys (or the same guy under multiple accounts) that harassed me and made up things about me and others for a year or two. To a point where they created new accounts to keep doing it to me after each time I blocked them. Surprisingly they stopped around a year ago. Anyway, new account for me to block to be on the safe side, so that's good.

Hopefully we'll see more 50th anniversary activity from Polaris fans. I wish I had something new to show, but honestly it'd just be me showing off a random tweet.
    Last edited by salarta; 10-13-2018 at 12:06 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Actually, I just realized I do have something I can post: the Polaris art I've commissioned since 2009.

This was by decoysnake. The more I look at it, the more I appreciate about his style. The crease between leg and torso is a great touch. Anyway, it was loosely based on Kris Anka's design.

This was made by boxofwant, whose Tumblr is NSFW, so I don't link to it. I wanted a "Lorna flipping off the viewer" type of picture, though I realize in retrospect that this doesn't really fit Lorna's personality (at least as I see it).

This was by RenX. He has a series of character punkified, and I wanted one of the sisters. I originally wasn't sure if I wanted both sisters or just Lorna, but I think Wanda's inclusion paid off. Wish I could show the rest of Wanda, because there are some ankle tatts of her kids, but RenX still hasn't covered up the section that's still too NSFW in my opinion to post in full.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

I commissioned this from Dwight Sanchez when he had a $25 flash sale. Honestly I don't remember much of the details behind how it came about, but I know it was in 2015 because that's when I posted it to pixiv.

InCase made this awesome piece for me back in 2011. This was another case where I commissioned both SFW and NSFW versions. I wish I'd had the foresight to make the conceit of the NSFW into something SFW; it was Lorna using her powers to create her costume.

And this piece, I commissioned from soap-committee. I know her from my days when Rosa from FF4 was my biggest fandom, and I thought her style was perfect for this kind of picture. As for the purpose, I commissioned it specifically because Marvel refused to promote All-New X-Factor #14, even withholding the cover until the Friday before release. So I decided to do something about it by getting something out there and making sure people knew the reason.

This commission was with MikazukiShigure. The idea came from what could have happened between Lorna and Wanda during Avengers vs X-Men, if Marvel had bothered to use Lorna and the history the sisters have together like they should have. The original concept was to make this look like a cover for the event that should have been but never was, but the cover aspect of it was eventually dropped.

That's all my SFW commissions of her that I can remember right now. If I remember or stumble on more I commissioned from artists, I'll share. I doubt I have any past commissions left to share though.

BONUS!

This piece is by DarkShadowArtworks (name change). I did not commission this piece. It was commissioned for me as a gift by an online pal.
    Last edited by salarta; 10-13-2018 at 01:03 PM.

BANNED

All from Phil Jimenez:

... including his stylish latest, now in full:

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I've always loved Jimenez's Jean, but now I can add Polaris to the list too. Can we get him on an all female X-Book please?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I've always loved Jimenez's Jean, but now I can add Polaris to the list too. Can we get him on an all female X-Book please?
    That would be INCREDIBLE! If only...

... I LOVE his Lorna!

That one was actually drawn in 2002 after a fan saw his preview art for New X-Men 132. Its the only time I have ever seen her Shi'ar costume combined with anything.

That certainty catches the majesty of her classic costume.

And, that is simply off the charts.
    Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2018 at 05:58 PM.

... I LOVE his Lorna!
    I almost forgot that cover.

Last edited by jmc247; 10-13-2018 at 06:07 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    That one was actually drawn in 2002 after a fan saw his preview art for New X-Men 132. Its the only time I have ever seen her Shi'ar costume combined with anything.

That certainty catches the majesty of her classic costume.

And, that is simply off the charts.
    Cool! I had no idea it was from that far back, or how & why it came to be.

Agreed, she looks so poised & regal in it.

It IS! I noticed with the fasteners or whatever on her bracers, that they kinda looked like l'il skulls, too.
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-13-2018 at 06:00 PM.

BANNED
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-13-2018 at 07:17 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

[/CENTER]
    Definitely awesome as a sort of alternative "horror queen" type of imagery for her

Like for a story examining her more directly as just Magneto's daughter/successor

Like a WHat If...? type thing I guess "What if Magneto died and Polaris never went with the X-Men...?"

Could be epic reading for sure, like pair her up with Madelyne Pryor, Emma Frost, Selene in a journey of global conquest/enslavement

Or maybe a story showing how the prolonged use of her mutation has like eroded her mental-emotional stability and gives her "episodes" of manic violence etc
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-14-2018 at 05:53 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Definitely awesome as a sort of alternative "horror queen" type of imagery for her...

... a WHat If...? type thing...

... like pair her up with Madelyne Pryor, Emma Frost, Selene in a journey of global conquest/enslavement...
    Is it the skull thing? I don't like the sounds of this personally, as it's too mustache-twirling villain territory for my tastes, and seems gimmicky.

Is it the skull thing? I don't like the sounds of this personally, as it's too mustache-twirling villain territory for my tastes, and seems gimmicky.
    I don't think some understand that strange skull ornamentation actually never really said anything about Lorna’s goals, intentions, morality and never did. Sometimes a strange skull ornament... is just an ornament

Last edited by jmc247; 10-14-2018 at 07:23 AM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Well that's why it'd be an AU/What IF and not in continuity

And yes it's the skull but also the overall look

The blank eyes

The flamboyant black cape

How there are almost like little faces on her arms even suggesting the concept of like "absorbing souls"

Plus the background is a distorted classic Magneto helmet

Gives me the concept that sort of a Magneto-less Polaris could become even far "darker" than he ended up ever being, spinning the notion that he was some bad influence on her on its head

Again... for an AU story
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 10-14-2018 at 07:48 AM.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY