Page 17 of 109 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    Nice CJ.

I do think Marvel publishing needs to streamline basic fundamentals about the character.
    NP JMC247, also Agree completely!

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    That’s beautiful and I love your avatar! 💚♥️

I can’t wait to see more of Lorna on the Gifted.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    That’s beautiful and I love your avatar! ��♥️

I can’t wait to see more of Lorna on the Gifted.
    Thanks, I just Found this Image on a Random Secrect on Google, AMAZING What just Happen to Find!

Also Thanks Allot about My Avatar, Means Allot, Took Me awhile but I decide to change my Avatar, Love Brianne but I was ready to Honor the ONLY Characters that are ABOVE Scarlet Witch in My Favorites of All Times, Sailor Moon and The Sailor Senshi!

https://i.imgur.com/YgjhcPH.png
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    It's always nice to see my commission with soaps/soap-committee pop up again. Left column, third one down for anyone not already aware.

On that note, time for me to post the next piece I commissioned for this year!

This was drawn by Ren Ferrer/RenX, following his style of various female characters with tattoos and a punk look. There's a NSFW version that he completed first, followed by this mostly safe for work version. I had to crop Wanda's left side because I felt it was too suggestive and showed too much skin to really count as safe for work. So, just as a note, there's also name tattoos for Wiccan and Speed on her ankles.

Aside from that, he was very accommodating on making changes to tattoos afterwards (including changing a couple on Lorna I didn't want her to have). I'll wait to see if anyone catches one in particular!
    Last edited by salarta; 08-19-2018 at 09:33 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

oh, that's weird...

So, how long until Marvel undoes the retcon and gives Lorna her siblings and niece back?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    oh, that's weird...

So, how long until Marvel undoes the retcon and gives Lorna her siblings and niece back?
    Good question. Anytime is good for me. The sooner the better cuz I am sick of people "pointing out" well akshually they're not related, all the time. Gets on my last nerve
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

oh, that's weird...

There are various factors at play really. I could see Marvel keeping the retcon going for a while because they think it would "prove" that Fox having the film rights to X-Men wasn't the only reason they did it.

Alternately, I could see Marvel making the twins Magneto's kids again, but bringing back the forced retcon of Lorna not being Magneto's daughter. There's one editor in particular at Marvel that really hated the restoration of Lorna as Magneto's daughter. Though it's possible that was just cause he wanted to "save it" for Wanda (artificial scarcity, which somehow only applies to women). Also possible he changed his mind since. I think the live action interpretation of her gives her more insulation from such a retcon than she would otherwise have, so that's good.

For Marvel's sake, it would be best if they restored the family asap and started actually doing things with it. Nobody's going to believe the twins not being Magneto's kids wasn't cause of the Fox films, and fandom for the family is increasingly defining what it should be like with no input at all from Marvel. Marvel lets it go for long enough, they'll have to adhere strictly to what fans have established if they have any hope of getting anything out of it. Fandom has already decided Lorna is the cool aunt that all her nieces and nephews look up to, after all.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Hi. I have two tweets to highlight right now.

Dug this up last night. Him having a crush on Lorna as a kid could be a good thing, if it translated into trying to understand Lorna and care about what matters to her. Not if it took the route of projecting self into Havok and having a crush cause she's "his woman." Wanting to do a team book with Havok leading doesn't give any confidence in this respect, but it's always possible that's not the whole story.

I say this as a guy who had the same basic situation with Rosa Farrell from FF4. Before I discovered Polaris, Rosa was my favorite character, and I came to love her for how caring, selfless and tough she is entirely independent of Cecil that most people completely fail to see.

I can read "almost all the good ones have" in two different ways. One way is that Lorna's getting a solo soon, so he can't really say her. The other way is that she doesn't have one coming and as such, he personally has less interest in her than Kid Omega and Cypher. Otherwise he would've thought to namedrop her. Window into how he's likely to view issues tied to her usage.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-20-2018 at 05:26 PM.

Lorna is his girl. He will make it so once more.

My suspicion is if it happens next year it will be after Avengers 4. They might think about how well that would fit into their future movie plans and make a decision to keep it or not.

They didn't change Loki being the father of Hela in the comics after they had her be Odin's father in the films so no it wasn't just MCU synergy for the Axis retcon, but on some level there needs to be inertia for them to fix a decision they already made.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-20-2018 at 06:41 PM.

Ultimate Member

A clarification, Alex is not the sole leader of the Astonishing team, he's co leading with Beast, and that's after pretty much all of the X-Men told him to get lost, so he's not getting a big push from Marvel, his team is mostly made up of those that nobody else wanted, and if Lorna did show up in Astonishing she could be written like Dazzler and may/may not get back with Alex and be written well or maybe not...neither is automatic...and even when Wanda and Pietro become his kids again I don't expect them to be one big happy family by any means...

And, Fox Fall preview.

I'm bored waiting for more content either in comics or on TV. Here is a vid that gets me hyped (it's pretty short and only covers like episodes 1 and 2 though):

OBEY

Here's another, it's a bit longer and loops twice. I find it kind of mesmerizing and good for building up a mood or inspiration for headcanon

OBEY