Page 66 of 109 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

She didn't just absorb Storm's lightning, but Cyclops and Havok's energies as well.

One of Lorna's cooler stunts.

BANNED

Take note fellow Polaris fans, as my preferred, personally touted 'arrowheads' motif for her, makes its live action debut:

... in episode #6, "iMprint."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    ... ultimately Lorna won't abide Reeva and the Frost's stranglehold over her & Dawn. Ditto with Esme and Andy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitteloss View Post
    Great news! If there are three teams, could Polaris be on...
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... Storm's team? Ororo is supposed to be one of the three leaders... Perhaps Lorna will be apart of her team. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    A lot of folks seem to like to link Storm and Polaris together as "elemental" type mutants as well. Don't forget Polaris used Storm's powers to destroy/blow away Krakoa in 1975
    Praise be to ALL of this!

#LornaVsReeva=SmackDown/AllHellBreakinLoose
    #ThePolarisStorm=TotalDevastationForTheirEnemies

Just ask Krakoa:

... when & IF, ya can find him. ;p

inktober piece by cordialmaru

Also

I'm living for all the times Steranko's been bringing up Polaris lately. With how much people at Marvel never acknowledge or respect her, it's such a breath of fresh air to see the artist who drew her introductory issue covers take such pride in her.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

BANNED

AND, thanX to fellow CBR member & occasional Polaris Appreciation contributor ComradePitrovsky, whom I hope doesn't mind that I'm taking the liberty to post this:

https://forums.spacebattles.com/thre...44120/page-587
    My latest commission got finished! A princess of genosha-style Polaris:

... which is from/done by "This guy!": Luis Laczky - When I am really bored, I draw X-men

Just EXCELLENT, and looks a l'il inspired by what was recently & BOLDly worn by Emma D., @ NYCC:

Last edited by Heroine Addict; 10-22-2018 at 09:12 AM.

I like that AU Genosha princess vibe. Looks pretty deadly.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Yeah it definitely makes her seem less of a covered up sort of token symbol and more of an independent agent with her own ambitions
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Having looked at the commission list prices, I'm surprised it's that cheap considering the high quality. I think the artist is underselling himself even with the caveat that it could go higher depending on complexity.

Obviously it's an excellent piece, perfectly timed for her month with great details. I love the gold on the details of the shoulders.

As for the design, I think of Jeane from Suikoden more than anything else.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

BANNED

In CP's latest commission, I really like how all her jewelry & such, are silver. 'Cause it's sleeker & more metallic in appearance, I think, which suits her character. I'm lovin' the shape & design of the earring, in particular. The necklace, hair clip, & rings, are all nice touches, too.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Thanks for sharing, juan.

The cosplayers themselves are great. The write-up for Polaris, however, is garbage.

Polaris is yet another classic X-Men character, with mutant abilities that are almost exactly the same as Magneto’s. This led to a storyline where Magneto claimed to be her father, although it was later revealed that this Magneto was just an android.

She may not be an entirely popular choice to cosplay, but Polaris is probably going to become more popular due to her inclusion in the show The Gifted. We might end up seeing more cosplays like this one, done by CheekerCosplay (photograph by FirstPerson Shooter).
    Lorna's been confirmed as Magneto's daughter. This guy's deliberately ignoring a basic fact to pretend it never happened.

Which is par for the course for CBR articles, really. I've seen plenty lately from many people about how CBR's articles are useless trash. This just proves it. I hope the cosplayers get notice, but at the same time I'm sorry their cosplays are dragged down by junk writing.

I think most people just ignore CBR's articles. At this point I'm sure most people are aware that Lorna is Magneto's daughter.

now
    Last edited by juan678; 10-23-2018 at 03:43 PM.

Nice! Thanks, juan!

Loving that outfit, and all those metal embellishes on it. Looks like she might be wearing that knife pouch too. Would love if those make a return.