Page 65 of 109 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Just HAD to bring this over, 'cause I LOVE it:

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    The look on her face after freeing the patients/prisoners, towards T-bird & Blink, is the best - PRICELESS! It conveys her annoyance perfectly, with those pursed lips & almost eye-roll, and that she's just fed up with their interference. Lucky for them they caught her in a good mood, lol. And the later glance at Andy, after they've escaped & are on the road, almost seems like one of concern. Toward him, or maybe even... some second-guessing, of her own.

ThanX JUAN!!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't hate the new haircut, but I'm gonna miss the longer hair. Looked amazing.

Also, loved the show having Polaris blocking phone signals again. Wish she could do more creative stuff like that in the comics.

IMDB lists the actress for young Polaris.

Susanna Skaggs

Last edited by jmc247; 10-19-2018 at 04:00 AM.

So in a Newsarama interview Kelly Thompson mentions both Northstar and Polaris being in Uncanny. We already knew about Northstar but this is the first mention of Polaris? Looks like they will be on one of the three teams in the story. She might have a small part but it is nice to be included.

https://www.newsarama.com/42395-kell...interview.html

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    So in a Newsarama interview Kelly Thompson mentions both Northstar and Polaris being in Uncanny. We already knew about Northstar but this is the first mention of Polaris? Looks like they will be on one of the three teams in the story. She might have a small part but it is nice to be included.

JDW told us she'd be seen, but we weren't sure how she'd be used. Pretty promising that Kelly mentions Lorna as being someone on the team we haven't seen, and mentioning her along with Northstar. Hopefully that means she has a decent supporting role.

Thanks for this!

What I infer from the brief mention of Lorna is this.

1) The "cough" suggests either Kelly knows Lorna should be getting more use than she is, or she knows there's so much demand for Lorna that she merits special mention despite not being on any covers. Same goes for Northstar.
    2) Lorna has a higher chance of not just being a random girl scribbled in the background for one panel, but she likely doesn't have a meaningful role - otherwise Kelly would've mentioned Lorna when she talked about other characters with juicy roles.

A separate thing I have to wonder is if all covers for Uncanny X-Men have been released. I'm too lazy to check.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post

YES! This is good news for sure, IMO, and just what I needed to hear - thanX, MechaJeaniX! Saving it for reference:

... and celebration, so a BIG thanX to you also, KT! 'Cause ya know, Polaris:

... and now you are, too!! And here I've been thinkin' you didn't like her. Silly me, SO glad I seem to have been wrong.

INDEED! Look, even Eeyore is smilin'. 8D Wish we could say the same for the ones around here. ;p

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Susanna Skaggs

She was great in Halt and Catch Fire.

Glad that Polaris will be on Uncanny.

Last edited by salarta; 10-20-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post

Susanna Skaggs
    VERY interesting! Goes without saying, but with the ones we know about so far, this is EASILY the future ep I'm lookin' most forward to. Your info above just adds fuel to that fire of yearning, so muchas gracias.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplevit View Post
    Glad that Polaris will be on Uncanny.
    Me, too, and thanX for droppin' by to say so.

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    Just HAD to bring this over, 'cause I LOVE it:

The look on her face after freeing the patients/prisoners, towards T-bird & Blink, is the best - PRICELESS! It conveys her annoyance perfectly, with those pursed lips & almost eye-roll, and that she's just fed up with their interference. Lucky for them they caught her in a good mood, lol. And the later glance at Andy, after they've escaped & are on the road, almost seems like one of concern. Toward him, or maybe even... some second-guessing, of her own.

ThanX JUAN!!
    These scenes are fun, and I'm loving Emma Dumont's expressions (as well as her generally!). Her actions should provide plenty of debate about morality- at the time the most effective way of freeing patients given the presence of the underground increases the chances of some being helped out to escape, but it also means they are put at risk of death & other dangers given their vulnerability as the scene showed. With Reeva and the Frost's so tightly in control, to what extent these actions are really under her own volition, given the threat of retribution for stepping out of line. To what extent is she really acting on her own values and goals. This appears again to suggest that ultimately Lorna won't abide Reeva and the Frost's stranglehold over her & Dawn. Ditto with Esme and Andy.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

Mistress of Magnetism Mitteloss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    YES! This is good news for sure, IMO, and just what I needed to hear - thanX, MechaJeaniX! Saving it for reference:

... and celebration, so a BIG thanX to you also, KT! 'Cause ya know, Polaris:

INDEED! Look, even Eeyore is smilin'. 8D Wish we could say the same for the ones around here. ;p
    Great news! If there are three teams, could Polaris be on a yet unannounced 3rd team separate from Jean & co? I think that could be good for her, instead of jostling for panel time with those 10 or so other characters.
    "We can fight all day Sunfire. But I still won't belong to anyone but myself." - Polaris, X-Men #187

My guess is that maybe she'll be on Storm's team? Ororo is supposed to be one of the three leaders, and thus far we've seen the same people around Jean (Northstar, X-23, Cannonball, Nightcrawler) from the previews. Perhaps Lorna will be apart of her team. Though she could easily start showing up towards the later half of the series, to help fill up the roster if people get injured.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    My guess is that maybe she'll be on Storm's team? Ororo is supposed to be one of the three leaders, and thus far we've seen the same people around Jean (Northstar, X-23, Cannonball, Nightcrawler) from the previews. Perhaps Lorna will be apart of her team. Though she could easily start showing up towards the later half of the series, to help fill up the roster if people get injured.
    A lot of folks seem to like to link Storm and Polaris together as "elemental" type mutants as well. Don't forget Polaris used Storm's powers to destroy/blow away Krakoa in 1975
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY