Page 35 of 109 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Thanks jmc247 and Soulsword323

Polaris

Last edited by juan678; 09-12-2018 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Yep and certainly the promotional material is heavily playing up Lorna as badass

And her reshaping the Magneto medallion/trinket into her own headpiece strongly suggests something along those lines of her prepping for battles to come

So HOPEFULLY ... it's a like first half of season slow build up for a more explosive second half regarding her.
    When this interview happens they have scripted up to episode 9. Based on filming and when the mold was made the headpiece happened when they were filming episode 7 so it will be there around ep 7/8, but for those who were hoping Lorna is just the unsure of herself and manipulated pawn the interview this is a massive gift to you though it was quite the gut punch for me.

It sounds like a Lorna for the first 9 episodes totally unsure of herself and full of self doubt which impacts Esme and causes her to self doubt. No problem with self doubt, but keep it in reason as Lorna's greatest strength last season was her clarity of purpose. Differences of option are great, but Lorna just being the self doubting contrarian would not be great as she needs a solid base of what she believes nor would trying to be a normal mom taking up too much of the season be the best of ideas.

But man that was , fairly devastating for me to listen to.

Very pleased to hear she gets along and bonds with Esme though

I actually had a crazy thought that she is just straight-up lying/using misdirection during the interview... but I doubt it
    They aren't lying.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2018 at 05:39 PM.

in is preview is Lorna

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    in is preview is Lorna
    Glob Herman, Bishop, Storm, Psylocke, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Kitty?, Northstar?
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Lorna is nowhere in that preview or any

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    Glob Herman, Bishop, Storm, Psylocke, Jean, Iceman, Beast, Kitty?, Northstar?
    Thats Armor on the floor
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    in is preview is Lorna
    That is not how Lorna's X-Men Blue outfit (which we probably will never see again) looked outside the x-belt and Betsy shares the same belt though on the other side of her waste then Lorna wore it on. The chest piece on the outfits are totally different. Also the arm bands are the same as Psylocke's not Lorna's Blue outfit.

I really think Polaris fans need to keep their expectations in check for Uncanny Disassembled as in rock bottom. Maybe she is sun tanning on Asteroid M or something useful.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2018 at 09:59 AM.

BANNED

... Kitty?, Northstar?
    X-23, was what I thought. But agree on the other, took it as JP also.

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    X-23, was what I thought. But agree on the other, took it as JP also.
    X-23 doesnt wearing the standard training suit. Armor does.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post

Thats Armor on the floor
    Duh! I went off outfit and didn't even register that hair was too long for Kitty's current look.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

BANNED

X-23 doesnt wearing the standard training suit. Armor does.
    Armor never even entered my mind. Thought X-23 'cause...

... I went off... that hair...
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 09-12-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Yeah, there's no Lorna in that preview.

Emma's interview didn't really bother me. Polaris can't be infallible, and having a baby is a major change in one's life. While I'd prefer she get back straight into the action, I like that she is trying to be more involved and protective of her child. It shows how Lorna is a different character than Magneto. While their families give them a greater drive to fight more vigilantly, where he left them behind to fight, Polaris seems to want to stay involved AND keep her child. It sounds like Lorna will be working her way back to the person she was anyway. Over the moon to hear confirmation of the headpiece. Love that she makes it out of that Magneto medallion. Can't wait to see that! Sounds like its going to be quite the scene.

I am vaguely surprised that she hasn't appeared yet as a scenery chewer in the background character for the event so far like 90s crossovers.

Then again for a broad idea of if she will be a C lister around the X-Men or a top character on the other side of the line is still not fully certainly and we might not know for another month or two.

Emma's interview didn't really bother me. Polaris can't be infallible, and having a baby is a major change in one's life. While I'd prefer she get back straight into the action, I like that she is trying to be more involved and protective of her child. It shows how Lorna is a different character than Magneto. While their families give them a greater drive to fight more vigilantly, where he left them behind to fight, Polaris seems to want to stay involved AND keep her child. It sounds like Lorna will be working her way back to the person she was anyway. Over the moon to hear confirmation of the headpiece. Love that she makes it out of that Magneto medallion. Can't wait to see that! Sounds like its going to be quite the scene.
    I do think they are likely setting up something to come and things to come to a head, but that interview was a big splash of cold water that she is balancing things well for much the season.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2018 at 12:57 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    ... Emma's interview didn't really bother me. ...
    Haven't checked it out yet, but your thoughts make me want to, ASAP.

The danger is the same for the child when you are wanted have enemies all around and even possibly inside your own group and outside wanting to kill you or get at your child. Protecting the child either becomes almost a 24/7 thing or you are endangering the child.
    Last edited by jmc247; 09-12-2018 at 01:01 PM.