Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmc247 View Post
    First of soon to be quite a few Fox TV promos for season 2. This was is certainly targeted at their Empire viewers.

Wow, some new scenes! Thanks for sharing. Really excited to see Polaris interact with Reeva.

Last edited by jmc247; 08-12-2018 at 08:10 PM.

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

First of soon to be quite a few Fox TV promos for season 2. This was is certainly targeted at their Empire viewers.

AWESOME!

Maybe this is part of their special weekend filming? To prepare promo stuff?

I was checking when they began releasing promo online videos for season 1 and it was on Aug 2.... so that was making me anticipate some by this point and I was actually getting a bit frustrated at no content. But finally something

And yes Reeva is front and center in this one for sure, although we got some more Cuckoos finally as well, and an intriguing look at Whedon suggesting a fight scene with her
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Quote Originally Posted by Heroine Addict View Post
    No doubt, it's insulting, and makes it almost seem personal. Could someone please PM them, to ask why, and change it? I would, but I've turned my off.
    I PMed, though I encourage others to do so too if they feel inclined. Doesn't hurt to have more than one person request; shows it's not just one guy who feels that way. I was gonna wait til tomorrow in case they saw it themselves and fixed it as an oversight, but after convo here I decided I may as well send something now.

I sent to the X-Books mods plus the admin that closed the last Polaris appreciation thread, FYI.

This was one of few things I can say were good bits with Blue. Unfortunately, there were still way more problems than bits like this.
    Last edited by salarta; 08-12-2018 at 07:21 PM.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face

You might like this CJ.

Link

Link

Link
    The 1st Image was Posted Just Recently on Wanda's Thread, The 1st one the Cosplay by Juan678 as well and I will say what I said their and it ALSO goes with the 2nd image:

These are Just TOO PRECIOUS!!!!! ^_^

Thanks for Both of them JMC247!
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Wow, some new scenes! Thanks for sharing. Really excited to see Polaris interact with Reeva.
    It will be interesting to see if they have a real conversation between Lorna and Reeva early, hopefully they do.

Some reshoots are going on as of this weekend for Lorna's early scenes. Last year they happened as well to get rid of the plastic prison scene and have a tougher and less victim looking Lorna (actually that was probably her most uncontrolled she was shown all season), because the suits worried it would hurt Reed's character too much.

The promotional goal from this first on air one was pretty clear in terms of winning over new audience... Empire viewers and those few million who tuned out The Gifted before it got to the Cuckoos. The assumption of course being the fans of the mainline characters by in large will be showing up and that is a pretty good assumption.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-12-2018 at 07:47 PM.

BANNED

They fiXed it! When Salarta speaks, the mods listen, lol. ThanX, bro. We even got to keep the 'Thread' at the end, unlike all/most the others. Makes it unique & stand out, as AN teasingly suggested - HA! Lorna Dane/Polaris fans get the last laugh, just the way it should be.

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    The 1st Image was Posted Just Recently on Wanda's Thread, The 1st one the Cosplay by Juan678 as well and I will say what I said their and it ALSO goes with the 2nd image:

These are Just TOO PRECIOUS!!!!! ^_^

Thanks for Both of them JMC247!
    Thanks, CJ. Do you hope they realign Wanda's backstory in the films to be something shall we saw more in line with historically in the comics in the next phase?

They fiXed it! When Salarta speaks, the mods listen, lol. ThanX, bro. We even got to keep the 'Thread' at the end, unlike all/most the others. Makes it unique & stand out, as AN teasingly suggested - HA! Lorna Dane/Polaris fans get the last laugh, just the way it should be.
    Thanks. But I'm betting it was really the posts of multiple people wanting it changed that got it changed, not me sending a PM. For some reason, I hadn't even noticed the word "thread" wasn't in the other thread titles.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    AWESOME!

Maybe this is part of their special weekend filming? To prepare promo stuff?
    No, this was spliced by a company they contract with and most likely done some time ago. They were doing some reshoots yesterday meaning some of the scenes for Lorna at least might be different from SDCC or this. The massive shooting today is an unknown and reportedly a lot more tomorrow.

#TheGifted is filming on Ponce by Peachtree Sunday and Monday. Since the news ran this I guess it doesn't matter if I do. No idea if there will be swinging doors...

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFilming/s...54495490170881
    From Atlanta Filming

And yes Reeva is front and center in this one for sure, although we got some more Cuckoos finally as well, and an intriguing look at Whedon suggesting a fight scene with her
    I noticed that. I don't expect them to have Lorna out in the field so close to the birth, but it will be interesting to see if they try to shall we say have a stronger scene for her early then we have seen. I also noticed in the SDCC promo the diamond guy in the first season gets purged. It looks like the guy behind Lorna in the new one might as well, though that is harder to tell.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-12-2018 at 08:13 PM.

BANNED

I think something like that could certainly work. Its clear the new editorial regime is fine with different points of view though unlike the past certainly not under the X-Men banner. ...

I feel like they might be willing to create a title not under the X-Men banner with some of the characters not designated for the core title or titles that treads in different waters next year, but it depends on the writer and the pitch. Give it more then generic super heroics fighting for all and some good scripts and it would be remembered and allow the character to build from it.

I don’t have a problem with Lorna interacting with characters she probably will never see again if there is some greater political goal in mind that is memorable and can lead to something more down the road...
    Agreed, maybe Lorna sorta disassociating herself from the mainline X-Men & doin' her own thing--with some like-minded individuals--is just what the character needs.

Oh, and of note, in that Uncanny Disassembled promo teaser, most if not all the Mutants fillin' out the front lines... are from the Red, Astonishing, and/or their own headline, etc., books. I like the characters Polaris ended up with, like Northstar & Archangel, New Mutants Sunspot, Cannonball, Boom-Boom, Magma, & Cypher, newer Mutants Dust, Hellion, Oya, Anole, PiXie, Mercury, & Kid Apocalypse, even ole fellow X-Factor alumni... FORGE!

They got stuck with the likes of Shark Girl, Glob Herman, and... Eye Boy, who's apparently already D.O.A.!
    Last edited by Heroine Addict; 08-12-2018 at 08:57 PM.

No, this was spliced by a company they contract with and most likely done some time ago. They were doing some reshoots yesterday meaning some of the scenes for Lorna at least might be different from SDCC or this. The massive shooting today is an unknown and reportedly a lot more tomorrow.

From Atlanta Filming

I noticed that. I don't expect them to have Lorna out in the field so close to the birth, but it will be interesting to see if they try to shall we say have a stronger scene for her early then we have seen. I also noticed in the SDCC promo the diamond guy in the first season gets purged. It looks like the guy behind Lorna in the new one might as well, though that is harder to tell.
    What I meant was maybe their special filming is to prepare promos *yet to be released* obviously not this one... but yeah, the other option is indeed reshoots. And then it begs the question reshoots for what purpose. I wish we had gotten that plastic cell scene that looked very evocative to me, it did make Reed seem much more deep into the SS though.

What does that tweet quote "no idea if there will be swinging doors" mean? Is that some kind of like... idk... hinting at them changing companies they work with or something or people being let go?

The thing with Lorna near Reeva AND some what appear to be a "to be executed" Inner Circle member is that it sort of shoots down the concept that Lorna (or Andy as well) did not know what Reeva and Cuckoos did to them. Well actually maybe it doesn't do that. I suppose that is the key question I have currently is whether Lorna/Andy are aware of what happened and their feelings about it if so.

OBEY

Double Post curse you slow forum
    Last edited by AbnormallyNormal; 08-12-2018 at 09:59 PM.

OBEY

The thing with Lorna near Reeva AND some what appear to be a "to be executed" Inner Circle member is that it sort of shoots down the concept that Lorna (or Andy as well) did not know what Reeva and Cuckoos did to them. Well actually maybe it doesn't do that. I suppose that is the key question I have currently is whether Lorna/Andy are aware of what happened and their feelings about it if so.
    I am going to assume you mean the political purge of the Inner circle after re-reading what you said.

They have been with Hellfire for 6 months there is no way for them not to know Reeva is centralizing power and how she is doing it. It looked like there was Inner Circle members at the out doors speech in the SDCC preview as well. I don't see her having any tears for the Inner Circle, but she might not be exactly happy with her using the revolution to enhance her position.

I expect them to try to give the Eclaris shippers maximum hope early on of them getting back together and Lorna being 'liberated' by him only for post baby it to be much more clear even with her issues with her coworkers she is going to resolve them while not giving up her whole worldview and goal.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 03:21 PM.

Agreed, maybe Lorna sorta disassociating herself from the mainline X-Men & doin' her own thing--with some likeminded individuals--is just what the character needs.
    From the sound and look of it there is going to be one x-book Uncanny X-Men as the flagship and perhaps only title for quite a few months come the new year. I think bleeding cool is right on this.

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/08...nches-january/

It actually makes sense if they are trying to make Uncanny X-Men the premiere book. But, the whole set up including a title that from the sound of it will be more old line Xavier's dream then Xavier himself has managed in the past 30 years creates a real and obvious problem for Lorna in that she either leaves for a separate team while on Uncanny which is possible, disappears to background reoccurring status being used as a 'reserve member' and soap, or ends up being caught up the character purge.

But compare this to how she was used in the end of the Magneto solo? Bunn learned and improved massively
    As of Blue #10 Blue was still on the path of trying to foil her to a moderate trying out Xavier's dream Magneto which was what Magneto Last Days did and didn't work for her. Blue did move away from doing that, but avoided playing its cards with giving Lorna an actual opinion on Magneto's actions like ending the Future Brotherhood. Blue simply not playing its cards with Lorna's own philosophy and ideas was a step up from her being a full scale foil character.
    Last edited by jmc247; 08-13-2018 at 06:46 AM.